User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 18 Sep 2005, 17:28   #1
Arachnidman
You love me really

Arachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond repute
Ok, I'm scared

Ok I'm getting a bit freaked out now.

Over the last week and a half, I can't seem to avoid the numbers 4:20

This is going to sound quite silly, but this cannot be sheer coincidence.

It started last week, as I glanced at my bedside alarm clock at 4:20 am before I turned in. "Wow that's late I thought to myself.

Next day, I woke up, got dressed etc and as I left my room, it was again 4:20 pm. "Wow, exactly 12 hours before I went to sleep" I thought to myself.

Later that day, I was out on the town, and got back in - and glanced at my analogue clock in the kitched - it was roughly 4:20 - but as I got to my bedroom - it was EXACTLY 4:20 am again.

"What a coincidence" I thought to myself! - 3 times in 2 days!.

The next day I woke up early and was out most of the day, and when I got back in, I went to bed earlier at around 3:30am and stuck the radio on. "Ha! no chance of me seeing 4:20 again I thought to myself"

Some time passed, and I realised the radio was a bit loud, so I leaned over to turn it down, and what do I see? 4:20 !!! argh. This is when I first started getting a little
freaked out.

Over the next few days - I saw 16:20 on my taskbar clock in windows XP a few times, and again a couple of times on the same alarm clock radio thing.

The other day, I was in #forums and I notice NB3 typing something like "Some twat decides to send me a fax at twenty past four"

For a few minutes I was stunned, and told NB3 of my encounters with 4:20.

On my mirc, I don't have the time or date of the messages displayed, so I couldn't see this myself, but NB3 pointed out that I had typed that message to him at exactly 16:20 !!!!

Later in the day, on #forums horn comes in and everyone is discussing how much they get paid.

"I get 4:20" he types. Argh!

Last night, msn pops up a message saying ive received a new email. I look down to the bottom right of my pc screen and what do I see? 4:20 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then, earlier today - I'm watching the Eastenders omnibus on bbc, and decide to check telexext to see what else is on TV in the day. what does teletext say in the top right of the screen?............

16:20 !
Arachnidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2005, 17:33   #2
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Ok, I'm scared

Shiny new hat time.
Unread 18 Sep 2005, 17:52   #3
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachnidman
Then, earlier today - I'm watching the Eastenders omnibus on bbc, 16:20 !
You poor poor person
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2005, 18:05   #4
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

So you should light one up..
s|k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2005, 18:10   #5
Arachnidman
You love me really

Arachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond repute

Yeh I was saying to the others that this has also mysteriously started happening now I've started smoking again.
Unread 18 Sep 2005, 18:11   #6
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Yeh I was saying to the others that this has also mysteriously started happening now I've started smoking again.
This explains everything.
Unread 18 Sep 2005, 18:26   #7
Arachnidman
You love me really

I'm Not Imagining It!
Unread 18 Sep 2005, 18:31   #8
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's just that you notice it more than other numbers/times.

I expect the first 2-3 times were coincidence or luck. From then on though, whenever you looked at the time and it happened to be 4:20, it made more of a significant impact on your memory. I often look at the time and it registers subconsciously, but I wouldn't be able to tell someone what it is unless I look with the intention of telling them the time.

So you will "intake" a large amount of times and numbers - but 4:20 sticks in your mind more than the others because you have built it up to be a big thing in your head.

This thread would have been made so much better if you'd written it at 4:20.
Unread 18 Sep 2005, 18:35   #9
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
I'm Not Imagining It!
I suggest replacing all of your digital clocks with a traditional clock with hands and a vauge chronograph. You're less likely to notice what time it is and the chances are that when you do, the hands could be at any point between 4:15 and 4:25.