User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 7 Sep 2005, 23:41   #1
Arachnidman
You love me really

Arachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond repute
Which watch do you wear?

You can tell a lot about an individual from the watch that they wear.

What time piece do you wear? are there interesting facts surrounding its origins? was it expensive?

Today I bought my first "serious" watch you see (i.e. not the casio calculator or TV remote control watches).
________
the volcano vaporizer

Last edited by Arachnidman; 25 Jan 2011 at 13:48.
Arachnidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 23:42   #2
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Which watch do you wear?

i used to have a nice kinetic watch. but it got stolen in london
Now i wear a cheap one, which does the job
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 23:43   #3
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't wear a watch. It's uncomfortable on my wrist. I carry it around in my pocket.

Or at least I did until I lost it...

now I use my mobile phone.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 23:44   #4
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

i have a phone
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 23:46   #5
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Watches are more or less obsolete now everyone has a phone with a clock on the first screen.

Unless of course you consider them useful as fashion objects.

In which case you care about fashion, in which case your a faggot

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 23:48   #6
Arachnidman
You love me really

Arachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond repute

lol ok, 4 posts and no-one has mentioned anything about a particular watch.

And of course watches are fashion objects! just as wearing a nice pair of clothes is..
________
vapir oxygen vaporizer

Unread 7 Sep 2005, 23:49   #7
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Or if you like having the time on your wrist and not in your pocket. They're quite useful then.
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 23:53   #8
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't wear a watch. But it's funny to see Deffeh call everyone who wears one a f*****. Or pretty stupid.
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 23:53   #9
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I might buy a watch at some point. Not as a fashion accessory (I'm beautiful enough tyvm) but my phone is broken and I don't really have any desire to replace it but it's ocassionally useful to have access to the time.

It'd be also quite cool if the watch could do other things like shoot lasers but I'm not really that fussed. Anyone got any recommendations?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 23:55   #10
Arachnidman
You love me really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I might buy a watch at some point. Not as a fashion accessory (I'm beautiful enough tyvm) but my phone is broken and I don't really have any desire to replace it but it's ocassionally useful to have access to the time.

It'd be also quite cool if the watch could do other things like shoot lasers but I'm not really that fussed. Anyone got any recommendations?
What kind of style are you into?

I assume you're not 12 and want an analogue watch right?
________
universal health

Unread 7 Sep 2005, 23:57   #11
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachnidman
What kind of style are you into?
I don't think I have a style as such. I only wear black though, so I suppose it'd be better if it was black.
Quote:
I assume you're not 12 and want an analogue watch right?
I can't really tell the time very well so I'd prefer a digital watch actually.
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 23:58   #12
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantoz
I see.
In your world looking good in anathema to being heterosexual.
How weird that good looking guys often end up shagging the best girls.
Really quite odd.
I don't think I really understand it.
Im saying that a watch's primary function, and in fact, only function, has become obsolete. As such, they are now fashion objects only (presuming you dont own a phone).

Ive also said so many times now, that you can be a faggot and not be homosexual. It has nothing to do with where you bump your nasties.

You're also a rubbish person if you believe "looking good" means "appearing trendy". And that "owning expensive things" means "looking good". But especially, if your lifes work boils down to "shagging the best girls"

Good luck in life, i hope people remember you when you're gone

Unread 8 Sep 2005, 00:00   #13
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

this recent thread answered for many of us
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 00:01   #14
Dante Hicks
Clerk

I'd say that "shagging the best girls" is a fine enough life-goal. However, I would also say that you're not going to shag the "best" girls based on your wristwatch.

Unless you have a pretty shit definition of best of course.
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 00:03   #15
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Im pretty suprised with you dante. I know you enjoy your pussy, but i cant understand how as a life goal "getting some" can be considered anything but overblown and frivelous

Unread 8 Sep 2005, 00:07   #16
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
Im pretty suprised with you dante. I know you enjoy your pussy, but i cant understand how as a life goal "getting some" can be considered anything but overblown and frivelous
Well it's certainly not a socially "good" life-goal in the general sense, but I wouldn't rank "wanting to shag lots of great girls" below a life goal of "wanting to climb Mount Everest" or "score the winning goal for their country in the World Cup final" or even something like write a novel*.

* = Depends on the type of novel and the reasons it's written however.
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 00:15   #17
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I find it slightly odd that no-one has defined what the 'best girls' are.

I would imagine you are refering to physical appearence. But then how I don't see how this is better than wanting to shag loads of ugly women, which would at least help their self esteem.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 00:18   #18
PSH
Registered Abuser

PSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet society

I wear a US Polo Company watch, the case and strap are brushed steel, it has what i would describe as an ivory face with silver hands and a tiny bloke on a horse like the Ralf Lauren logo on the face. Now before anyone calls me a fag, it was delivered to my house by mistake so i didn't shell out for it and i have no idea of its worth (it is very heavy though).
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 00:24   #19
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantoz
My point isn't about the watch per se.

I use a watch, a pretty nice and semi-expensive watch in fact.

I also have a phone.

Yet, I usually look at my wrist yo find out the time, rather than fish my phone out of my pocket, press it untill it shows me the time and then put it back down.

A watch looks more stylish, more discreet and can actually completment both your clothing and your looks.

Your point wasn't about a watch making you a fag, it was about how caring the slightest bit about fashing makes you a fag.

I care somewhat, I like to appear decent.

I would never wear or use anything I wasn't comfortable with. So I might modulate the present fashing to be more suited to me personally.

I prefer it this way. And so do other people.

It is nothing morally or universally wrong about liking girls.
You are completely unable to argue that stance for even one single moment.
So just let it lay, OK?
It boils down to the fact if you care about fashion, you're a victim, and you arent worth owt. Simple enough?

Unread 8 Sep 2005, 00:25   #20
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Watches are more or less obsolete now everyone has a phone with a clock on the first screen.

Unless of course you consider them useful as fashion objects.

In which case you care about fashion, in which case your a faggot
yeah pretty much
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 00:26   #21
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

I have a Fossil watch with a nice face but I feel like a fag wearing it because its so shiny and floppy
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 00:30   #22
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Getting back on topic, I have a Casio Geo Trail FT-111H. I wear a watch because as has been previously stated, i like to have the time on my wrist instead of having to dig my phone out of my pocket everytime. That and after so many years of wearing a watch, it feels very wrong without one.
We shall remember them.

Last edited by Demon Dave; 8 Sep 2005 at 02:15. Reason: because i can't spel
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 00:34   #23
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Good luck in life, i hope people remember you when you're gone

Who are you to tell what's a decent life, what's a valuable life and what's worth being remembered for. I know for sure I prefer to be remembered as that guy who had a nice amount of good looking females then that ****tard without a sexdrive being angry about everything.

Oh by the way, there is quite some more going on in my life and I bet other guys (who speak mainly about relationships/women) lifes then females and relationships, but you know, we love to speak about it because all other aspects of our lives are just as mundane, pointless and dull as yours, the pretentious, the illustrious.

We might not come over like it, but, speaking about myself and (sort of) mind liked people, we are actually very critical about our environment and life in general surounding me, speaking about my (limited) social circle, I am seen as that cynic, as the dark hearted pessimistic guy who enjoys being a sarcastic asshole.

You are not so special, neither am I, I just can't resist following my hormons some now and then, and to be honest, it's a lot of fun.
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 00:39   #24
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

im not sure whether to post what watch i wear as this has seemingly gone off track to other subject matter.....
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 00:41   #25
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

I don't do watches, the idea of carrying around the time with me always made me nervous but I've got a mobile phone nowadays and check the time all day long
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 00:44   #26
All Systems Go

If I do get a new watch it would have to be digital as I generally use it as an alarm clock, stopwatch etc...
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 00:46   #27
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i feel naked without a watch. its weird. i dont like not having something on my wrist.

incidently i wear an emporio armani one that is no longer made. (looks a bit like a tag heur kirium but more subtle..) its scratched to **** tho because i wear it too much :-(
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 00:47   #28
JammyJim
Godfather

oh and just as a side point women do notice things like watches although ive been told shoes are the most important thing and if you are ot spend money on one thing to increase your appeal it should be your shoes.

(multiple women have said this)
(whilst having an orgy in my bed)
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 00:56   #29
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
i feel naked without a watch. its weird. i dont like not having something on my wrist.
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 01:03   #30
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Just wear all-stars if you want to dressed decently but still have handy shoes .. otherwise indeed, but proper shoes, spending 100 EU and more on shoes is a minimum.
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 01:04   #31
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
its scratched to **** tho because i wear it too much :-(
How can you wear a watch too much? Does it "lose its specialness" like an expensive shirt if you're seen out in it too often?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
Who are you to tell what's a decent life, what's a valuable life and what's worth being remembered for. I know for sure I prefer to be remembered as that guy who had a nice amount of good looking females then that ****tard without a sexdrive being angry about everything.

Oh by the way, there is quite some more going on in my life and I bet other guys (who speak mainly about relationships/women) lifes then females and relationships, but you know, we love to speak about it because all other aspects of our lives are just as mundane, pointless and dull as yours, the pretentious, the illustrious.

We might not come over like it, but, speaking about myself and (sort of) mind liked people, we are actually very critical about our environment and life in general surounding me, speaking about my (limited) social circle, I am seen as that cynic, as the dark hearted pessimistic guy who enjoys being a sarcastic asshole.

You are not so special, neither am I, I just can't resist following my hormons some now and then, and to be honest, it's a lot of fun.
So you're joe everyman. Congratulations! Chances are you'll plow some chick you quite like and get her pregnant, get a middle management job, have two kids and convince yourself you love her. I'm sure seeing Disneyland, or visiting Australia, or getting a hole in one at golf will fulfil your life's aims. If you're happy with that, congratulations. You've successfully completed life.

I was going to be horrible about the rest of your post too but seeing the phrase "dark hearted" made me realise i must be entirely wrong and you must obviously be a great guy, with multiple levels. Silver, just because your brain doesnt literally go "Sex sex sex sex sex", doesnt mean you arent skin deep.

And i am wonderfully special

Unread 8 Sep 2005, 01:05   #32
Arachnidman
You love me really

for a minute there I thought this thread was going to go way off track.

Ok, so whats the absolute maximum you'd spend on a watch, and what would it be and why?
________
ps3 jailbreak

Unread 8 Sep 2005, 01:10   #33
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
I wear a watch because as has been previously stated, i like to have the time on my wirst instead of having to dig my phone out of my pocket everytime. That and after so many years of wearing a watch, it feels very wrong without one.
Edit

Last edited by JamMak; 8 Sep 2005 at 01:16.
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 02:44   #34
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

I always used to wear some sort of cheap casio as I had a habit of scratching my watches so never really wanted to pay much for them. For Christmas though my parents bought me a Zurich sports watch and my mother seems a bit obsessed with getting me a "good" watch for my 21st next year as she doesn't think I would pick anything which would actually last a while but both she and my father had 21st presents which have lasted as mementos till today. I'm quite annoyed about this as I really don't give a shit about what watch I wear as long as the time is accurate. Infact I don't want a good watch purely as I seem to damage or lose them too often.
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 05:14   #35
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

My current one is a Maxum X201G4 (now discontinued, but simular ones here).

It was a present from my mother for my 18th birthday, most probably expensive but worh every cent given it's the longest lasting watch I've ever owned (6 years and counting).

As for watch vs phone, I find the watch far more convenient, it has a large easy to read display where as the phone (Nokia 6230) only has a tiny clock in the corner. If I wasn't in an office job that relied heavily on counting the hours I probably wouldn't need one as much, but it's certainly not just a fashion accessory.

Ironically I do use the phone as a calculator as opposed to an actual calculator. Also watches by far have a longer battery life than any phone on the planet.
djbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 07:21   #36
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I have a watch.

It tells me the time when I want to know the time.

That's the only reason I own it.

Of course, if it was pink with frilly bits and had Minnie Mouse in the middle, I probably wouldn't wear it. It's just a plain black analogue watch that my ex-girlfriend bought me. It probably cost about £10 or so.

Wearing a watch as a fashion accessory is silly in my opinion. It isn't anything like wearing fashionable clothes. Everyone knows that clothes' function (to stop you being naked, and keep you warm) has long been void.

I used to use my phone to tell me the time, but the thing is I can't be whipping my mobile out all the time at school, as it's kind of hypocritical when the pupils aren't allowed them. I've only worn a watch for 9 months or so.
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 08:12   #37
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of

I have an Oris, as seen here: http://www.oris.ch/images/watches/tt...8_44_64_RS.jpg

Although I am right handed I cannot stand to have anything on my left wrist so I always wear my watch on my right.

I do get a fair few complements about my watch, but they are mostly from men .
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 08:24   #38
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I haven't owned a watch for two years. If i suddenly came into a lot of money or something id probably buy one. Partly to tell the time without having to get my phone out my pocket, and partly just because they look cool (don't hate me deffeh).

but then, all i care about is looking cool... because i smoke, and thats the only reason to do it. In fact, i was so concerned about looking cool all day yesterday that whilst doing my town ranger job i bought some bubble mixture and blew bubbles on all the major shopping streets in town yesterday.
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 08:47   #39
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Quote:
get a middle management job, have two kids

I'll never get a management job because I don't want to and because I believe it doesn't suit me, much to the surprise of my former manager. If I ever get a kid, it will be just one for sure and hopefully a girl.

Why am I posting this? I have no idea ho ho.
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 08:51   #40
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

The batteries are flat at the moment so I am not wearing a watch, but my watch is a blue swatch watch with a nice metallic face to it, it was not a particularly expensive one, but it was bought for me by my wife for our first Valentine's day, and so it has a strong sentimental meaning for me.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 09:00   #41
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

I have broken about 10 watches in 2 years i hate the damn things they irritate me on my wrist.
I stick to using my phone now makes a great alarm clock to.

edit: when i was about 10 to 12 years old I used to love the james bond watches with there cool lil alarms at the time think i had 3 of them in 2 years

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 09:27   #42
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I refuse to be ruled by other people's concept of time.
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 10:25   #43
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

http://www.casio.co.uk/prod/product.asp?ID=1579
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 10:32   #44
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of

http://www.pocketcalculatorshow.com/...alcwatch12.jpg

Its a timeless classic.
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 11:29   #45
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...CLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 11:32   #46
JammyJim
Godfather

Quote:
How can you wear a watch too much? Does it "lose its specialness" like an expensive shirt if you're seen out in it too often?
Its not the kind of watch that should be worn day in day out. Ideally i should have a normal 'i can batter it and it doesnt matter' watch that can get scratched to ****ery and not even bother me. however i like wearing this one too much so never got one and as a result the strap is now a dull silver thats more 'brushed' looking instead of polished and the face has a fair few scratches on it (altho these can be polished out im told)

it wasnt about people seeing me in it. it was about looking down and thinking 'fs i scratched the damn thing again'
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 11:33   #47
JammyJim
Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPeach
I have an Oris, as seen here: http://www.oris.ch/images/watches/tt...8_44_64_RS.jpg

Although I am right handed I cannot stand to have anything on my left wrist so I always wear my watch on my right.

I do get a fair few complements about my watch, but they are mostly from men .

omg i found another person who does it. i only know one other person who wears the watch on the right because on the left it just annoys the hell out of them and thats my gran.

WELCOME TO TEH CLUB BRETHEREN.
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 11:58   #48
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

I wear a watch, I have worn a watch since I was about 10, and I will continue to wear a watch. I'm not sure why having a mobile phone means you need to rely on it for every single ****ing thing in the entire ****ing world. Ok, phones can now tell the time, how wonderful, lets completely abandon watches, what shite. The watch I wear I've had since i was at school, it was mildly expensive back then, and its now absolutely battered, but I love it. For me, just looking at my wrist to tell the time, is a lot easier than getting my phone out of my bag. Also, my phones have a tendancy to run out of battery, or freeze up, or do other shit that annoys me to no end, my watch doesnt do these things.

Anyway, its some Adidas watch that cost me about £150 8 or so years ago.
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 12:00   #49
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
omg i found another person who does it. i only know one other person who wears the watch on the right because on the left it just annoys the hell out of them and thats my gran.

WELCOME TO TEH CLUB BRETHEREN.
i also do this.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 12:00   #50
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
I wear a watch, I have worn a watch since I was about 10, and I will continue to wear a watch. I'm not sure why having a mobile phone means you need to rely on it for every single ****ing thing in the entire ****ing world. Ok, phones can now tell the time, how wonderful, lets completely abandon watches, what shite.

quoted for truth.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia