User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Nov 2003, 03:45   #1
NeverL

NeverL is an unknown quantity at this point
tickes stoped

like wtf, why are tickes stoped

i was going to roid sum ppl but tickes stoped, that not fair, i want to roid ppl...

GIVE ME AN EXPLANATION
NeverL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 04:38   #2
Alastor

Alastor is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: tickes stoped

www.planetarion.com

R-E-A-D
Alastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 05:09   #3
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor
uhm, this www.planetarion.com says nothing about ticks being stoped, it only has info on why ticks were stopped. DId you even read title/topic of the thread Mr. Alastor? eh? EH? DID YOU? so R-E-A-D yourself.

So why were ticks stoped?
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 05:16   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
uhm, this www.planetarion.com says nothing about ticks being stoped, it only has info on why ticks were stopped. DId you even read title/topic of the thread Mr. Alastor? eh? EH? DID YOU? so R-E-A-D yourself.

So why were ticks stoped?
I don't see what you're trying to say. The thread starter asks why ticks are stopped. Alastor posted a link to something saying both that ticks are stopped and explaining the reason why.

You then say that the link explains WHY the ticks were stopped, but not that they were stopped (which doesn't make sense anyway), and that Alastor should read the opening post (which asks why they are stopped), implying that it's nothing to do with 'why'.

You then yourself ask 'why'.

Make sense boyo.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 05:24   #5
bmwoody
Schmuck

bmwoody has a spectacular aura aboutbmwoody has a spectacular aura about

Fruit
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 07:38   #6
Castigated

Castigated is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
I don't see what you're trying to say. The thread starter asks why ticks are stopped. Alastor posted a link to something saying both that ticks are stopped and explaining the reason why.

You then say that the link explains WHY the ticks were stopped, but not that they were stopped (which doesn't make sense anyway), and that Alastor should read the opening post (which asks why they are stopped), implying that it's nothing to do with 'why'.

Make sense boyo.
LoL, chill, MrL. I think he was kidding, saying that the portal says nothing about ticks being "stoped" (with one P, which is also what the topic of the thread says by typo), only about them being "stopped" (with two P's)
"The further the spiritual evolution of mankind advances, the more certain it seems to me that the path to genuine religiosity does not lie through the fear of life, and the fear of death, and blind faith, but through striving after rational knowledge."
Castigated is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 07:40   #7
Hurragutten

Hurragutten is an unknown quantity at this point

I want to know what bug they have found
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 07:43   #8
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

Hey this kind of information would be the perfect thing to be posted in the announcements forum!
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 07:43   #9
Castigated

Yeah, I was really wondering about that myself...
"The further the spiritual evolution of mankind advances, the more certain it seems to me that the path to genuine religiosity does not lie through the fear of life, and the fear of death, and blind faith, but through striving after rational knowledge."
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 08:40   #10
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurragutten
I want to know what bug they have found

The "Bug" I am lead to beleve (and I have this second hand from someone) is the abilty to launch a fleet to attack, let the tick run and defence accumulate.

Then you use the back button on your browser to go to the page before u launched and recall the ships. They instantly returned allowing an immediate re-launch, effectively circumventing the defence because you are then behind it.

Anyone going offline, and assuming his planet is nice and safe, gets raped.

Not good really.

Also the perpetrators of this little scam can launch and recall as often as they like.
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 09:46   #11
Spearhead
Beyond The Sun

Spearhead is an unknown quantity at this point

it has been used since beginning of round....having said this i want a refund or a new game starting TICK 1!
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 10:54   #12
Xeno
hirr

Xeno will become famous soon enoughXeno will become famous soon enough

What really annoys me, is that certain players have benefited from this. I've received second hand information about a guy who's been exploiting this bug almost the entire round. It seems we once more have to accept the fact that we'll never know for sure whether the winner really deserved to win (whoever it's going to be).

Xeno
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 11:27   #13
Castigated

It is, after all, against the rules to exploit a bug and not tell the creators about it, so per definition, anyone who's done this launch-recall-thing is a cheater, and those who can be found, should be punished for it.
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 11:31   #14
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castigated
It is, after all, against the rules to exploit a bug and not tell the creators about it, so per definition, anyone who's done this launch-recall-thing is a cheater, and those who can be found, should be punished for it.
very true but i doubt if those thast abused the bug will have anything happen to them but it will cast a doubt on whether the winner deserves the win

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 12:24   #15
Coffee
Ensign

Coffee is an unknown quantity at this point

The really disturbing thing is a bug like this is actually in the game in the first place. There is no excuse for it.
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 12:44   #16
Smurfeh
lol troll lol

Smurfeh is an unknown quantity at this point

heh Spinner left at the right time. gl mrbrick to sortin this shite out.
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 13:11   #17
Hector

Hector is an unknown quantity at this point

If the people who exploited this "bug" (read f*ck up), then I don't see the point in carrying on with the round. It becomes pointless.

Give them a refund and let them on theie merry way.
Hector is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 14:21   #18
Jebba

Jebba is an unknown quantity at this point

lol its a good thing i really dont give a shit anymore \o/
Jebba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 16:04   #19
Lan

Lan is an unknown quantity at this point

iwe heard its heartless`s fault
R5: 31:19:5 ViruS
R6: 1:5:8 ViruS
R7: 25:20:12 Virus Discworld
R8: 50:8:5 Adelante FaNG
R9: 12:8:1 [ToT] []LCH[] officer
Lan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 07:04   #20
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri

Make sense boyo.
lol

I win