User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 16 Oct 2003, 22:14   #1
Banana

Banana is an unknown quantity at this point
Good luck MrBrick

Congratulations with your promotion MrBrick.

And most of all i wanted to say you: Good Luck.
Because i'm afraid that you really need that!

*banana dance*

<Banana> Fear me
<Banana> Love me
<Banana> nvm... just don't attack me again ffs!
Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 22:17   #2
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Good luck MrBrick

Good luck, hope you do well in your new position

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 22:18   #3
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

yeah! congratz MrBrick =)

i hope u can survive all the flaming etc and help make something out of PaX, didn't quite expect you to take the job, but i am happy they have chosen a wellknown and great community member. Gluck & congratz again
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 22:20   #4
Smurfeh
lol troll lol

Smurfeh is an unknown quantity at this point

gl but clearleh 'creators' should be changed mrbrick didnt create pa :-(
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 22:21   #5
McNeil

McNeil is an unknown quantity at this point

good luck MrBrick
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 22:24   #6
Eventh
Retired?

Eventh is an unknown quantity at this point

Will MrBrick get payed??
What do he know about programming???
What about a rollback?
Eventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 22:26   #7
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

He deserves to get paid.

Lets see if he does.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 22:26   #8
Andy_r
X$X

Andy_r is an unknown quantity at this point
Olbigatory Simposons Joke

Ladies and gentlemen, uh, we've just lost the picture, but what we've seen speaks for itself. The Planetarion spacecraft has apparently been taken over- 'conquered' if you will- by a master race of giant space Bricks. It's difficult to tell from this vantage point whether they will consume the captive Earthman or merely enslave them. One thing is for certain: there is no stopping them; the Bricks will soon be here. And I, for one, welcome our new Brick overlords. I'd like to remind them as a trusted PA personality, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground mortar caves.

Seriously though, best of luck with a difficult job!
R3 172:21:12 | R 4 136:8:5 | R5 30:25:12 | R6 11:5:1 | R7 40:25:17 | R8 30:1:5 | R9.5 36:10:14 | R10 1:5:9 Boldness of Helvetica

Proud to have been [YHQ] until the end of YHQ [VtS] until the end of Legion [Titans] until the end of Titans and |R6B| for Speedgames
Andy_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 22:30   #9
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute

Brick... the foundation of a new era for PA?
i certainly think so.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 22:51   #10
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough

i'm affraid he can't save the sinking ship

gl brick, you'll need it
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 22:52   #11
BLACK_OPPS
Comrade LENIN

BLACK_OPPS is on a distinguished road

lets see if he will actualy listen to the players and not listen to the tweaking itch inside his head like spinner did
it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger.
Herman Goering
BLACK_OPPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 23:03   #12
Yam
root vegetable.

Yam is an unknown quantity at this point

gl bricky
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 23:14   #13
MrBrick
Gone

MrBrick is an unknown quantity at this point
FAO - The Community

Firstly, thanks for the many notes of congratulations I have recieved.

I hope that I can fulfill whatever expectations you have of me, and avoid upsetting too many people in my scary new role. I would like to make it clear that I am here to work for YOU, and I will do my best to field any questions as and when you have them. I'm well aware that the subject of the moment is that of the Rollback, and I assure you I am working on finding a solution currently.

In regards to PaX and Planetarion's future, as you can see Jolt are not pulling the plug on the game. They know what potential PA has, and what it can achieve given the chance. In a follow up to that statement, you will notice the return of the suggestions forum in the near future, and a string of public IRC discussions are being organised as I type.

I do intend to make changes to the way certain internal and external mediums are run, and their function, and there should be some more news regarding this also. If you disagree with anything that I change, please let me know. In the meantime, keep on supporting the folk in PA Team, we'll be working round the clock to make sure we can make Planetarion continue on as it was meant to be - An enjoyable game with a strong and united community.

Any questions and comments can be forwarded to me in the usual ways, IRC, Email or Forums PM.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm here for you. I am well aware its you that make the game what it is, not us.

More news to come as and when I have it.

Regards,

MrBrick
MrBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 23:27   #14
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Change your sig mrb!
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 23:29   #15
AllFather|away
Big Kahuna

AllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really nice

DTA
Support the liberation of "AllFather"
AllFather|away is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 23:37   #16
(°>
lowly ensign

(°> is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
MrBrick
Beyond Salvation
(°> is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 23:41   #17
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Bricky - just one piece of advice (or more like plea), please don't surround yourself with a core of players and look to them for advice all the time. Looking to the same people for advice all the time doesn't achieve much, I think that Spinner showed this, and even pretty much admitted this.
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 23:51   #18
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

To further on Bashar's comment, please don't surround yourself with people who are experts at brown-nosing and nothing else.

Good luck to you though, you've got some enormous shoes to fill.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 00:07   #19
Noodles
Oriental Foodstuff

Noodles is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck Bricky.. Ya gonna need it!

Do us all proud

[email protected]
Noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 00:26   #20
Coffee
Ensign

Coffee is an unknown quantity at this point

I said I wouldnt do a single thing for PA again while spinner was in charge ...

Need any more gfx folks?

Code:
          __
 _        \ \
(_) _____  | |
 _ |_____| | |
(_)        | |
          /_/
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 00:37   #21
§pa¢e¢ook¦e
Teh Legion. Urwinism

§pa¢e¢ook¦e can only hope to improve

good luck with your new job and new responsibilities
§pa¢e¢ook¦e is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 01:21   #22
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Finally someone who likes ATDI is running this thing. I may even play it again.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 02:06   #23
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future

Indeed, good luck MrBrick.
However, I am not sure you need it, I know you well by now and your feet are more than big enough in my eyes.
Thanks for being there with me during the last year, I know it hasnt been easy, but you have been a miracle!

Keep it up, and take as good care of PA as I know you can.
Then all will be well.
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 03:46   #24
zek132

zek132 is an unknown quantity at this point

MrBrick is not getting paid i don't think, that means he is here just for the game, that's what i call a real dedication, Me takes a bow to MrBrick
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 05:01   #25
Merlin
Wizard

Merlin is on a distinguished road

Well Brick your knee deep in it now. But I wish you the best of luck and if you show your face more then the others did and really listen to ALL the voices crying out, well mate you'll be what Sppinner never was. I may now consider playing yet another round. But I sure hope the game will be recoded to bring back all the parts of PA the we all loved. Pax sux.

Good Luck Bricky!!

Last edited by Merlin; 17 Oct 2003 at 06:33.
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 05:16   #26
MrBrick
Gone

Thanks again for the support

And you are correct in assuming I don't get paid.
I can only offer to my best, and yes, I will listen
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 05:26   #27
Eventh
Retired?

Eventh is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBrick
Thanks again for the support

And you are correct in assuming I don't get paid.
I can only offer to my best, and yes, I will listen
Will you be fixing bugs and doing other coding to the game, or will Fugde (who are looking for a new job) be doing that?
Eventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 08:44   #28
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough

I was about to ask kind of what Eventh did..beat me to it o.O

Is Brick manager, or actual coder aswell?
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 09:10   #29
Lerxst
baka.

Lerxst is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck Mr. Brick. You need it if you don't stick to Bashars/Cocheses advice...
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 12:28   #30
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear god, I go away for a month and look what happens

(Good luck Symonds' boy)

R2: XXV
R3: Ęternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 12:31   #31
MrBrick
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddix
Dear god, I go away for a month and look what happens

(Good luck Symonds' boy)
Biggup to PSC Massive. Or something.

PS - Frodo is coming to i18 , you there?
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 12:41   #32
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough

PS Brick, some of us asked whether or not you can/will be coding, or simply managing the game
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 12:44   #33
MrBrick
Gone

I can't code for toffee. Although I have obtained literature, and used to be reasonable when I did Comp Sci at College