User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 Oct 2003, 16:02   #1
Coffee
Ensign

Coffee is an unknown quantity at this point
What mp3 player?

I am going to purchase myself one of those newfangled portable 'mp3' playing devices. My budget is between £200-£400 (possibly more). 15gb is a realistic mimimum, but 40gb would be nice.

Anyone else got one or done any investigation into what models are best/most reliable etc?
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 16:05   #2
MrBrick
Gone

MrBrick is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What mp3 player?

If you've got the cash, then go for one of those fancy new Archos Multimedia Jukeboxes. It's a ickle divx player etc. And various plugins are available to turn it into a Camcorder etc.

Screen's a reasonable size, but that makes it bulky ofc. Still, pr0n on the go can't be a bad thing.
MrBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 16:08   #3
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

*does some calculations in his head*

40gb.... the average mp3 is about 4mb... so thats 10,000 mp3s.
Woah, that's quite a few to fit on a player.
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 16:11   #4
weap
Romantic

weap is an unknown quantity at this point

Archos plays Divx movies also. Its about the size of a gameboy.
I may not lead
Just walk beside me
and be my friend.
weap is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 16:38   #5
Dave
Infallible

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point

Seriously dude, get an iPod. Nothing compares.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 16:51   #6
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
*does some calculations in his head*

40gb.... the average mp3 is about 4mb... so thats 10,000 mp3s.
Woah, that's quite a few to fit on a player.
Don't forget it can be used as a portable hard drive
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 18:27   #7
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

Nothing compares to the ipod, i'm afraid
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 18:32   #8
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

i'd say "nothing compares to an ipod" because i have one and i can say that. however, i didn't get left with a whole lot else so i wouldn't know about other products
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote