User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 Sep 2003, 19:02   #1
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Need a new monitor

A new 19" CRT monitor is needed. My current one (a 17" Philips 107T flatscreen) is beginning to give a shaky picture in the corners.
I'm looking for a good price/quality ratio monitor. PREFERABLY a 19", but a good 21" would also do the trick . I have a max of 300 Euros (200 Sterling) available.

Any suggestions?
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 19:40   #2
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I have been buying these. I've bought 20 and had no failures. All the users love them and i've had no complaints over them

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 19:52   #3
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
I've heard very good things about Iiyama, but sadly the model you showed is above my limit.
I've looked at THIS Iiyama model but for a price of 180 Euros I'm not sure I get the quality I want.
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 20:42   #4
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Structural Integrity
I've heard very good things about Iiyama, but sadly the model you showed is above my limit.
I've looked at THIS Iiyama model but for a price of 180 Euros I'm not sure I get the quality I want.
the spec looks pretty decent enough. In all we have 25 Iiyama monitors and none have had any problems so I would say go for it

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 21:24   #5
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
im using a cybercom thingy thats erm 21" and it has given me 'no gip' at all.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 22:44   #6
Coffee
Ensign

Coffee is an unknown quantity at this point
You can get decent 21" monitors on ebay for about £200. a lot are sold to clear production lines for newer models etc (well mine was) so they are as good as new.
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 14:55   #7
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Do you really need a new monitor? If its just the corners are shaky, and depending on how far in this occurs, try resizing the display at the monitor so that it doesnt use the corners.

Not ideal but will save you cash, if it works, and give you time to save for something better.

Last edited by CrashTester; 15 Sep 2003 at 15:06.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 23:03   #8
Eidron
The Harsh Light of Day

Eidron is an unknown quantity at this point
I bougth a cheap Belinea monitor that is easy enough to use. It is the 10 60 75 model. 19". Max resolution is 1600x1200. I aint tried it at that but it runs at 1024x768 @85Hz with no probs and thats really all you need. It sells for £125 from www.dabs.com. dunno wat it sells for on the continent though.

One word of warning: It is BIG! lol. It would be ok if there is room of the end of the desk for part it it to lean over a bit. Well it depends how big your desk is i suppose lol.

If you are running windows 2000 or XP it is ok cos they come with drivers that work fine with the monitor but as for 98 i dunno. The monitor dont come with drivers. You can download em from the Belinea website though it is only a VERY small file.

You'll never see me but I am everywhere
Eidron is offline   Reply With Quote