User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 12 Aug 2003, 13:24   #1
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
On what basis are the beta testers picked?

Cause there isnt much info provided on the applications...

I'm just curious

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 13:27   #2
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough
Re: On what basis are the beta testers picked?

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonas
Cause there isnt much info provided on the applications...

I'm just curious

-Jonas-

ATM noone but Spinner knows the answer to your question I think
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 13:29   #3
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about
Would have been nice to send a mail back, even/especially when you're not chosen I think I checked my mailbox about 50 times yesterday and the days before
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 13:39   #4
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
I would guess that they are chosen randomly with an even number of people from each category of experience selected, so that there is an even spread of players from veteran to n00b.
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 13:43   #5
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by JC
I would guess that they are chosen randomly with an even number of people from each category of experience selected, so that there is an even spread of players from veteran to n00b.
JC you picked the option that normally would be picked.

But it's Spinner picking remember

TBH I would like to play but if not picked I will wait for the public beta.
#multihunters
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 14:30   #6
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
'he's nice'

'yeah i know him too'

'oh he did well last beta's'

'can't miss him out'

'thats a friend of zokum'

'a petru's kronies'

'oh ****, that much already'
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 14:39   #7
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
They avoid all people involved with Jonas.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 14:41   #8
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
has all mails been sent out?
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 14:46   #9
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by isildurx
has all mails been sent out?
No... because I haven't received one
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 15:08   #10
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
"Judging by the spelling errors I think zeus is back."
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 15:16   #11
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Knight Theamion
'he's nice'

'yeah i know him too'

'oh he did well last beta's'

'can't miss him out'

'thats a friend of zokum'

'a petru's kronies'

'oh ****, that much already'
we have a winnah!

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 15:52   #12
Dr_Zaius

Dr_Zaius has a spectacular aura aboutDr_Zaius has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Ace
TBH I would like to play but if not picked I will wait for the public beta.
What else u gna do lol!

Decide ur never playing again cause spinner upset you?

Dr_Zaius - Planetarion Support Team Member
Dr_Zaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 16:12   #13
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
friends of pa team plus about 5 n00bs so they can say they were picked randomly
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 16:18   #14
Dr_Zaius

lmao, thats was the last 1! - the 5 n00bs!

This is different! They have a random from each experience category!

Unread 12 Aug 2003, 16:19   #15
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by JC
But does it take into account that 90% of noobs will have ticked the "I know the stats off by heart" button thinking it would get them in?
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 16:20   #16
Dr_Zaius

Or the 200 ppl who said they were n00bs!

Unread 12 Aug 2003, 16:21   #17
Dr_Zaius

True!

I suspect most ppl ticked that wether it was true or not!

Unread 12 Aug 2003, 16:50   #18
Coffee
Ensign

Coffee is an unknown quantity at this point
I suspect it just picked random people - with the sort of questions presented there is little chance of basing it on any other factors.

Wayhay for mid-round tweaks! ;)
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 18:19   #19
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Donating me substantial amounts of money may* increase your chance to get a spot in the beta.

* then again, it may not. Donate anyway.
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 19:01   #20
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about
Is 15€ not substantional enough then
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 21:46   #21
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by General Martok
Is 15€ not substantional enough then
That doesn't buy me a ticket to Rio, now does it?
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 22:08   #22
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Tietäjä
They avoid all people involved with Jonas.
guess youre not in then?

Retired
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 22:10   #23
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Quote:
Originally posted by xtothez
But does it take into account that 90% of noobs will have ticked the "I know the stats off by heart" button thinking it would get them in?

What i am thinking too, they should have some sort of history/activity question too

Retired
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 23:03   #24
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
All should be able to try the beta b4 trying the public beta, as u have an advantage if u move from free to payed uni asap.

As it is atm, those in the beta have a huge advantage imo.

I will prolly get the info from others in the beta atm, but still, it wont be the same, and many wont get that info.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2003, 02:02   #25
Dr_Zaius

So, whos email worked in the end then?

Unread 13 Aug 2003, 05:51   #26
Psyon
Idiot

Psyon is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Wishmaster
As it is atm, those in the beta have a huge advantage imo.
Yeppers, the beta players always have a HUGE, GIGANTIC, REALLY BIG advantage everytime.

I seriously doubt it was random and they certainly didnt look at the isp's country\regional demigraphics. Prolly already had a list of "friends of beta testers" done.

Do I feel jilted, thrown away for not getting in? NOPE, i like being the underdog. i believe one gets much more enjoyment starting from scatch in any adventure.

Will i have a chance to reach the top 500, 1000?? "see above"

..thank you for your time....

"All facts are swept aside that fail to conform to what has become a self sustaining reality"
Psyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2003, 06:39   #27
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
It was my understanding that there will be a huge, totally free, open (public) beta test after this round of testing, so I don't see the problem exactly. Everyone who wants to, will be able to play then.

Obviously, if you're really into PA and have a strong drive to better it (plus loads of ideas to throw out there) then I can understand the frustration at not being selected for preliminary testing.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2003, 08:07   #28
rnd|One
100% irresistible

rnd|One has a spectacular aura aboutrnd|One has a spectacular aura aboutrnd|One has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
Obviously, if you're really into PA and have a strong drive to better it (plus loads of ideas to throw out there) then I can understand the frustration at not being selected for preliminary testing.
Think of all the loopholes you can find, write down and never reveal to the creators in the faint hope that you can use them to boost your position in PaX. I can feel for those whom were left out!
Unread 13 Aug 2003, 09:49   #29
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Well

Its always the same people playing the beta...some are atleast always there.

-Jonas-

Retired
Unread 13 Aug 2003, 10:04   #30
[Smurf]Pies
TeamPies

[Smurf]Pies can only hope to improve
damn those beta testers, damn them to hell.

<Pies> your gonna make me get pm's
<Pies> saying ive got a ego
<Pies> larger then a house again
<[TeamPies]MrPink> you´re the biggest ego i have ever seen

Round2 - Round 10
[Ministry]
Heresy

R4
114,[WTF]Smurf Village[TGS][NFU] (30:14)
97,The PieCastle (30:14:7)

R5
37,[Ag][WPO] Gauls [Fury] (21:04)

R6
1,Ðragons[WP][OWAGE!][Tapper] (5:24)
81, ur friends (5:24:22)
[Smurf]Pies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2003, 12:09   #31
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
I know a few of those who got in this time, and none of them are in any way involved with the team, nor Spinner.
They are not 'famous', heck, they dont even use these boards.
Unread 13 Aug 2003, 12:25   #32
Ace
PA Team

Quote:
Originally posted by dabult
I know a few of those who got in this time, and none of them are in any way involved with the team, nor Spinner.
They are not 'famous', heck, they dont even use these boards.
I agree.
#multihunters
Unread 13 Aug 2003, 12:39   #33
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

I wonder how many who sent in an application(or more)

Retired
Unread 13 Aug 2003, 12:52   #34
Dr_Zaius

Yeah, it was vaugely random I think

Unread 13 Aug 2003, 12:55   #35
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Its pretty clear that those who were active good testers in the first beta, still are in there.

Unread 13 Aug 2003, 13:44   #36
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Quote:
Originally posted by isildurx
Its pretty clear that those who were active good testers in the first beta, still are in there.

there arent only "thoose" who are capable of testing

Retired
Unread 13 Aug 2003, 14:03   #37
RealJames
Retired at the top

RealJames is infamous around these parts
Pretty much what Theamion said.

Worked for me.

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
RealJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2003, 14:05   #38
isildurx

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonas
there arent only "thoose" who are capable of testing
ofc not, but its a good basis group
Unread 13 Aug 2003, 14:06   #39
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
It was my understanding that there will be a huge, totally free, open (public) beta test after this round of testing, so I don't see the problem exactly. Everyone who wants to, will be able to play then.
I thought this free part would be a part of the round, and u had an advantage if u moved from free uni to payed right away. If there will be a public beta for ALL to join in b4 round starts, then it wont be that unfair...

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2003, 15:35   #40
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future
Seeing how I and at least 3 other of my friends got selected without having anything to do with pa crew or team or anything, not being in the same alliance or sharing same country... I´d say they did a pretty good of picking random ppl.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2003, 15:42   #41
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by JC
I wonder how you categorize pple as vets or noobs, really.

for instance, technically I'm a vet cause I played since r1 till now. But when it comes to actual playing skills I'm only an avg player. I'm sure there are some newbie players that probably can manage their planet alot better.

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2003, 16:09   #42
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by [Smurf]Pies
damn those beta testers, damn them to hell.
Bitter

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2003, 16:11   #43
Eternity
DarK_AnGeL^

Eternity is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

how does that help with anything if the stats are completely altered ?
VtS, CpV, RAH, ND, Jenova, xVx, Ascendancy, Rainbows, Kittenz, Faceless, Ironborn and RED.

Played in rounds :
20, 22, 23, 24, 27, 30, 31
71 - 85.
Eternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2003, 16:18   #44
SPQR

SPQR is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I did that.

And it got me in
SPQR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2003, 16:38   #45
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Eternity
how does that help with anything if the stats are completely altered ?
Altered and hidden.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2003, 17:27   #46
smeg9
Ex EL High Command

smeg9 is on a distinguished road
I would have liked to got in

Given that it would give me something to do,
I have had past experience in beta testing comercial software
I like PA, and want to contribute

I didn't - I don't mind too much

BUT it would be nice for the PA team to keep us informed,

'we have now selected the members, stop checking your e-mails'

I know it was on IRC, but it doesn't show much for the relationships between creator and player, I mite 4get about the 22nd now I have no need to goto www.planetarion.com again.

They may forget to announce it!
Unread 13 Aug 2003, 17:39   #47
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by smeg9

BUT it would be nice for the PA team to keep us informed,

'we have now selected the members, stop checking your e-mails'

Yeh i thought that as well. The first thing i did this morning was check the portal and then the forums to see if the beta emails had been sent out. I very very very rarely go in #planetarion so putting up important info up in the topic there isnt much use to me :/.
Unread 13 Aug 2003, 18:04   #48
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by JC
Yeh i thought that as well. The first thing i did this morning was check the portal and then the forums to see if the beta emails had been sent out. I very very very rarely go in #planetarion so putting up important info up in the topic there isnt much use to me :/.
Hehe. Yeah, first they nuke the Announcements in the forums and tell everyone to go to the Portal. Then they bypass the portal and start putting announcements on #planetarion.

It's like a shell game.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 00:16   #49
Coffee
Ensign

Coffee is an unknown quantity at this point
Im not sure I see the point of beta's. You pick random people, most of which dont understand the game mechanics, and then probably ignore them anyway.

Might as well proceed to an open stress test rather than 'lets let 200 in, but ban any public discussion to not get people interested' as all thats happening is the vets are getting pissed that the round will start with a lot of people in the know and the rest not.

The only constructive useful feedback ever to come out of the beta group has been from the beta forums, and the relevance of a running beta is largely inconsequential to those taking part anyway.

And no, I dont really care anyway as I have no intention of paying for round 10.
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 19:11   #50
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
Spinner and Fuge put up a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge dartboard and stuck all the names on them and threw a few hundred darts.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote