User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 Feb 2003, 18:35   #1
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
What is it with PowerDVD and things not working?

I like PowerDVD. I don't know why, I just prefer it over WinDVD (and prefer either of them infinately over WMP).
However, it seems to be notoriously bad at coping with changes to the OS - for example, the whole shambles that occured when windows XP came out.

THIS time, I install DirectX 9 and the current nVidia drivers in order to run 3DMark03 and be very depressed by my score (yay, 800 odd).
However, I wanted to watch a DVD today, and was informed by PowerDVD that my TV out was functioning incorrectly and that "this protected movie cannot be played back with the TV out enabled". The only way to get the damn thing working again was to go back to my most recent older set of drivers (30.82).

Now.
Who's fault is this likely to be?
It looks to me like PowerDVD have coded thier Macrovision support in such a way that something with the new nVidia drivers sets off the copy protection.
I want to know who to send my whiney email to.

Unread 20 Feb 2003, 20:54   #2
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough
I'd send emails to both parties.

They'll probably end up blaming each other though...
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2003, 23:07   #3
Coffee
Ensign

Coffee is an unknown quantity at this point
I remember trying to explain to a customer (whom I replaced the HDD of) that they couldnt ever watch DVD's on their PC as it was not apparently possible to turn off the TV-Out on their Voodoo 3 (hence macrovision not letting it).

I could have found a workaround I suppose, but considering the drivers were in a password protected .arj file on the 'recovery disk' (which needed the original hdd) and I had to find them all on the net the hard way I just couldnt be arsed.

Copy protection sucks.