User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 10 Feb 2003, 22:28   #1
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold
Should i get the fat nokia with the camera?

Im not getting another ericccsssoon because they break within 24hrs, so dont tell me to get the ericsson 'its my arse' phone.

FAT NOKIA WITH CAMERA YAY OR NAY?
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 22:29   #2
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
NAY

but what would I know?
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 22:30   #3
Asper

SPELAPPEE!!!!!

oh wait nm :/

I'd say YAY!
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 22:32   #4
Ap0k
Spritely:

Ap0k is an unknown quantity at this point
NAY FS

and you are clearly using ur ericsson wrong if it breaks after 24 hrs. maybe you should stop using the vibrate function where its no supposed to be used...
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 22:34   #5
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Teh_Necro has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Every1 whos bought the "Phat Nokia With Camera" phone that i know of have got rid of it within a few weeks, its not a popular phone.

Although not sure why, as i've only messed around with the camera mode on it.

-Necro
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 22:39   #6
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Teh_Necro
Every1 whos bought the "Phat Nokia With Camera" phone that i know of have got rid of it within a few weeks, its not a popular phone.

Although not sure why, as i've only messed around with the camera mode on it.

-Necro
The new thin nokia with a camera is coming out soon. Tahst supposed to be pretty
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 22:48   #7
Ap0k
Spritely:

how fast do you want ur screen to die?

b/c that will obviously depend on what model of nokia u buy.

everyone ive spoken has had their screen buggered courtesy of nokia.

would it help if i told you id kill you if you bought one?

id defnitely recommend the t68i however.

buy it.

buy it

BUY IT
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 23:16   #8
G_frog
Look over there!

G_frog is an unknown quantity at this point
I've seen Ericssons dunked in hot chocolate that have still worked.

(I've seen c-beams....)

I haven't had 'fun' with the t68i's that i've played with, the Bluetooth support was rubbish, the keypad isn't responsive enough compared with my aging nokia 8210, and it is actually slow. I don't really like the software either - it has several irritating quirks - but that's a matter of taste.

i generally find ericssons to be poorly designed compared to nokias.
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 23:26   #9
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

Heh ditto, If Siemens wins software and options wise for me. Now if they could only make a ;phone that looks nice.
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 23:35   #10
XeeThot
Manga Kitten is back!

XeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to behold
Only if you post the pics here.

Knocking on your door for leftovers starting on Dec 21st
XeeThot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 23:42   #11
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
I work for Vodafone.

First off, the Nokia 7650 - only buy this if you're a retard. Not only does it have more bugs than a northern birds pubes, but it weights more than John Prescott after a pie eating session, in short, its crap.

As for the Sony Ericssons, they are ****, this is not up for debate, they just are. Infact, to get some of these to work correctly takes more luck than winning the loterry and the brain power of a rocket scientist turned brain surgeon, in short, they're crap.

Infact, at the moment there are very few mobiles worth buying. Dont get the Sharp GX10 or the Panasonic GD87, both have built in cameras but are a complete pain in the arse to get to work correctly.

If I were you (and thankfully I'm not) I'd hold out until the Sony Ericsson P800 comes out. I've had a chance to play with one at work and it looks good, very good. Also, the new Nokia 3650 with Video camera is on the way soon, should be here by the end of March.

This is, however, only if a phone with a camera is a nessesscity, if you want a small, good looking phone thats going to work, the Nokia 6100 will be out shortly, or the Siemens S55 is out now.

Hope this has been some help.
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 01:01   #12
nickhall
Naked & Profane

nickhall is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Rids
As for the Sony Ericssons, they are ****, this is not up for debate, they just are. Infact, to get some of these to work correctly takes more luck than winning the loterry and the brain power of a rocket scientist turned brain surgeon, in short, they're crap.
Quote:
If I were you (and thankfully I'm not) I'd hold out until the Sony Ericsson P800 comes out. I've had a chance to play with one at work and it looks good, very good. Also, the new Nokia 3650 with Video camera is on the way soon, should be here by the end of March.
Errmmmmm??????

(btw. how much is the P800 likley to cost on release? and is it as bulky and basicaly crap looking as the Nokia version?)
nickhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 01:24   #13
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

That siemens looks rarther pretty. £150 from o2 with the camera i assume, on pay monthly.
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 01:27   #14
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

oh and the p800 has a penbased interface. Yucky
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 13:53   #15
Deathjam
Banned

Deathjam is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I work for Vodafone.

First off, the Nokia 7650 - only buy this if you're a retard. Not only does it have more bugs than a northern birds pubes, but it weights more than John Prescott after a pie eating session, in short, its crap.

*Snip*

and which bugs would these be then i've had the phone since it came out

no problems with it

its like soooooooooooooooo easy to use i'm sure even u could figure it out

Deathjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 13:58   #16
Ap0k
Spritely:

Quote:
Originally posted by Deathjam
and which bugs would these be then i've had the phone since it came out

no problems with it

its like soooooooooooooooo easy to use i'm sure even u could figure it out

it is, however, a nokia
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 14:19   #17
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Mobile phones are gay.
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 14:35   #18
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Exclamation Re: Should i get the fat nokia with the camera?

Quote:
Originally posted by deerbarn
Im not getting another ericccsssoon because they break within 24hrs, so dont tell me to get the ericsson 'its my arse' phone.

FAT NOKIA WITH CAMERA YAY OR NAY?
NAY

As it is heavy, big, and highly prone to shock damage.
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 14:37   #19
Coffee
Ensign

Coffee is an unknown quantity at this point
I've got the 7650, no problems with it so far, and you can play Doom on it! (and write your own java apps for it if you feel up to it). Its really just a pda with gsm support tho'.

And I only paid £50 for mine. :o)
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 14:58   #20
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
I used Nokias for years, then got a Siemens M50 which rocks! Apart from the predictive text not being as nice as Nokias, it was the best in that price range at the time.

I'm going for Siemens next time too The MP3 player rocks!

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 17:12   #21
Supernova9
m u p p e t

Supernova9 is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Coffee
I've got the 7650, no problems with it so far, and you can play Doom on it! (and write your own java apps for it if you feel up to it). Its really just a pda with gsm support tho'.

And I only paid £50 for mine. )
I got the 7650 for free, part of O2's testing phase for them, and after the novelty of having a camera on it wears off, it's not worth it. Big, chunky, and not worth the effort of carrying it around.
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 17:30   #22
Little Timmy
Winker

Little Timmy will become famous soon enoughLittle Timmy will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I work for Vodafone.

Infact, at the moment there are very few mobiles worth buying. Dont get the Sharp GX10 or the Panasonic GD87, both have built in cameras but are a complete pain in the arse to get to work correctly.

This is, however, only if a phone with a camera is a nessesscity, if you want a small, good looking phone thats going to work, the Nokia 6100 will be out shortly, or the Siemens S55 is out now.

Hope this has been some help.

Oh Dear I work for the same company as Rids

I think hes wrong about the gd87 and the sharp gx10. The GD87 has the best picture quality and looks quite sexy. Both are good phones and are easy to use. The Nokia 7650 just isnt a nice looking phone.

Ultimately its down to what your going to use your phone for. If your gonna just make calls get anything.

If you want to play games get the Sharp GX10
If you want to take and send pictures get the panasonic
If you want to look like an extra from "enterprise" get the the nokia 7650.

Yeah so what Im an Original Pr0nstar

some of us have serious jobs
Little Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 17:32   #23
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Little Timmy
If you want to play games get the Sharp GX10
If you want to take and send pictures get the panasonic
If you want to look like an extra from "enterprise" get the the nokia 7650.

If you want to look gay get any mobile phone.
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 17:36   #24
Little Timmy
Winker

Little Timmy will become famous soon enoughLittle Timmy will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Dace
If you want to look gay get any mobile phone.

people who can't afford one always say that

Yeah so what Im an Original Pr0nstar

some of us have serious jobs
Little Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 17:41   #25
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
T68i is what you want
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 17:45   #26
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally posted by Little Timmy
people who can't afford one always say that :D

I was given a mobile phone for Christmas by my parents.

I am true to my opinions.

I told them i hated it and didn't want it.

As such i do not own a mobile phone although i could have if i wanted to.

As such i am "Hardcore".
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 17:50   #27
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
Get anything except a Samsung T100, for they are wank.
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote