User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 30 Jan 2003, 17:07   #1
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
so i bought a new sceen

and i finally can use 1600x1200, im so happy, there is soooo much space on my desktop \o/
wu_trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 17:09   #2
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

Well hurrah for that.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 17:10   #3
Ðiscorporation

what's a sceen?
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 17:11   #4
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by ÐiSCoRPoRaTioN
what's a sceen?
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 17:13   #5
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by wu_trax
and i finally can use 1600x1200, im so happy, there is soooo much space on my desktop \o/
Welcome to the club
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 17:22   #6
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Only having 15 inches sucks

Although I'm sure some of the boys would disagree
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 17:32   #7
Coffee
Ensign

Coffee is an unknown quantity at this point
/me has a full 21 inches of sun goodness! \o/
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 17:53   #8
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by sayonara
Welcome to the club
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 17:58   #9
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle28uk
Too bloody right
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 18:13   #10
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: so i bought a new sceen

Quote:
Originally posted by wu_trax
Now you made me check how much i could have.
And i could too!
(I've had this PC for over a year, and never checked.)

"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 18:27   #11
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I cant understand why anyone would choose to use 1600x1200, Windows simply isnt designed for it. It takes about twice the time it normally does to click on anything with the mouse, and you have to spasm your hand all over your desk as you constantly throw your mouse frantically accross the screen.

My monitor/graphics card cant do anything over 60Hz at 1600x1200 as well, and anything under 85Hz is unusable :/
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 18:41   #12
Lord Zor
Super Trooper

Lord Zor is an unknown quantity at this point
I can't read anything on 1600 by 1200
am I jump all nimbly bimly from tree to tree?am I drinking milk from a saucer?
Do you see me eating mice?
Lord Zor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 18:43   #13
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Zor
I can't read anything on 1600 by 1200
Not me either, so i changed it back to the prior setting.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 20:04   #14
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
I cant understand why anyone would choose to use 1600x1200, Windows simply isnt designed for it. It takes about twice the time it normally does to click on anything with the mouse, and you have to spasm your hand all over your desk as you constantly throw your mouse frantically accross the screen.

My monitor/graphics card cant do anything over 60Hz at 1600x1200 as well, and anything under 85Hz is unusable :/
Hahaha.

You peons and your cattle-driven PCs.
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 22:00   #15
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
this is too ****ing small
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 22:09   #16
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
what's a sceen?
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 22:27   #17
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by KaneED
this is too ****ing small
you get used to it after a while. i pretty much like it.
finally there is some room on my desktop \o/
wu_trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 01:02   #18
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Quote:

"Alter"
"Font"
"Size"

"Increase"
"Mouse"
"Speed"

I run 1600x1200 with a a windows font 1pt higher than normal and its perfectly readable. I get tons of desk space meaning I can continue my usual activity of watching a DivX movie in the corner of the screen and its still more than large enough to see, without obscuring anything else I might be doing.

plus:
lol quake looks mint lol
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 02:46   #19
Deathjam
Banned

Deathjam is an unknown quantity at this point
1600x1200 rocks for progs like 3dsmax
Deathjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 02:47   #20
Spüg

Quote:
what's a sceen?
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 03:11   #21
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
I think he means "scene".
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 03:30   #22
Nixjim
Commander

Nixjim is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by queball
I think he means "scene".
He bought a new "scene" that lets him get 1600 by 1200 resolution?

/me doesn't think so.

I think he typoed screen, called a Monitor in the States, but what do I know.

And I sit about six feet from my screen, 800 by 600 is as small as I want to go.
Nixjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 04:28   #23
Xillah

Xillah is an unknown quantity at this point
my 17" are enough for me, and with tv out most avis look mor than decent on full screen.
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 05:00   #24
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by sayonara
Welcome to the club
I can use 2400x3600

Or something like that. It's insane, I can't read the start menu because the icons are so small.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 07:05   #25
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
With a half-decent monitor (say like a 22" Iiyama which you can get from Scan these days for £400 and can do 1600x1200 at 85hz) 1600x1200 is quite clearly the bomb.

Having space on your desktop (especially for things like Photoshop or InDesign) is so much worth it.

And just turn mouse speed if you're tired of wasting 2 nanoseconds moving the mouse that little bit further.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 07:29   #26
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
I see Nod found another 'tarantula' to advise to you all

What a great community this is...
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 08:50   #27
Nixjim
Commander

Nixjim is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by xtrasyn
I see Nod found another 'tarantula' to advise to you all

What a great community this is...
I chose Battleships that round anyway. Despite Nods post I still thought BS would be better, and I was right.
Me>Nod
Nixjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 12:32   #28
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle28uk
Only having 15 inches sucks

I don't have a big one, but it is well made, lasts forever and has a brilliant refresh rate

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 12:39   #29
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
However, you should all envy my setup here at work [140kb] :-)

My 19" CTX does 1600x1280@100Hz

M.

p.s. When posting screenshots it's now law to show your current playlist for approval/ridicule.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote