User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 Jan 2003, 22:59   #1
Coffee
Ensign

Coffee is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Firemen...

Since I'm in the 'sack the lot of them camp'* why not actually train the army to be firefighters full time? Firefighters spend most of their time sitting around. Soldiers spend most of their time on base training. The physical requirements are virtually the same, and you could then give the soldiers £20k pay which I'm sure 99% would be more than happy with. It would hopefully make the government less keen to start a war if it meant they had less fire cover!

Discuss. :o)

* I earn under £15k a year and can live on it and i'm happy.
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 22:59   #2
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
The army probably wouldn't want to be firefighters though.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 23:01   #3
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Re: Firemen...

Quote:
Originally posted by Coffee
<snip>

Discuss. )
Sack them all. Whining money grubbing bastards that they are.

Quote:
* I earn under £15k a year and can live on it and i'm happy.
Ditto
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 23:01   #4
Coffee
Ensign

Coffee is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
The army probably wouldn't want to be firefighters though.
If it meant 20k I bet they wouldnt mind.
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 23:02   #5
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
My mother and father earn around 22k combined (PAUPERS!), and we get along fine, with two children.

edit: come to think of it, my dad earns a fair amount extra, with electrician work.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 23:07   #6
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
I read somewhere of a pay-per-callout scheme somewhere. I'll go hunting for that...

Found it here, try to avoid random q2ctf comments
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.

Last edited by Embroglio; 22 Jan 2003 at 23:22.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 23:50   #7
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
pay per callout is stupid

those greedy firemen aint getting a penny more

Btw, give blair kudos for the way that was handled. Many would have crumbled, but he waited till he had many independant reviews, and the firemen had made themselves look stupid

There is a fire station right beside my school. Twice ever, have i seen a fire truck leave the station. Apparently its going to be closed down, so people start making an unneccesary hullabaloo.

"save our fire station!!!!!"

you idiots.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 00:23   #8
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of
How do you disperse your £15k...

rent? food? going out? savings? etc...

Just wondering, as i dont want to work much when im older and want to know how my life could be...
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 00:32   #9
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I think we should send the Firemen off to Iraq, and let the soldiers do fire duty till the wars over. Then we compare casualties and see who has the most dangerous job, and adjust pay accordingly.