User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 Jan 2003, 03:09   #1
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Nod is a fool

Quite clearly the greatest of the Civ games is Civ 2, and not Civ 1 as he seems to believe.

Alpha Centauri also gets an honourable mention.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 03:12   #2
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Civ 1 sucked ass.

Alpha Centauri wasn't all that great, but it was better than Civ 1.

I'd also give an honorable mention to Colonization. That game was..interesting..

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 03:14   #3
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Why do people always forget CivNet? THATS a game, boyo!

Anyways, Alpha Centauri was fun for a while, but Civ 1 is better then civ 2.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 03:16   #4
MrBrick
Gone

MrBrick is an unknown quantity at this point
If someone can tell me the name of the game involving brain surgery, I'd be happier. Was on 3 or 4 floppies, 'tis all I can remember.

Oh, and anyone remember HardWar (circa '98) ?

ta.
MrBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 03:19   #5
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I remember HardWar; came out almost the same time as Xenocracy, which was another space game but wasn't nearly as good.

Elite is still the game though.

And what do people think of the CTP games?
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 03:29   #6
Idi

hardwar was ace i ****ing loved that

elite was also ace

i got X beyond the frontier

that was by no means ace

i need a game like elite but with snazy graphics and lots of playability, online play would be nice

/me waits for the StarWars Galaxies EXPANSION PACK !!
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 03:33   #7
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Elite would make a gread MMPORPG
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 03:47   #8
MrBrick
Gone

If anyone has any idea where I can find a copy of Hardwar, then give me a shout on IRC or with a board PM-jobby, I found my CDs, but they are only functional as shiny coasters nowadays.

Who remembers Digger then? Or for that matter.....

Blagger
Sopwith
That strange monkey game that came with Q-basic
Clogger
Lander

ahhhhh

retro ahoy!
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 03:53   #9
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

I see your retro and raise you a Chuckie Egg and a Repton Series
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 03:57   #10
MrBrick
Gone

Hmm.

I'll see your Chuckie Egg & Repton Series and raise you to a King's Quest and Asteroids.
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 03:59   #11
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

This thread needs some Hopperisation
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 04:01   #12
MrBrick
Gone

erm.

Clogger!?

Unread 22 Jan 2003, 04:05   #13
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
My childhood:

SNES,
Final Fantasy 6 (3 in europe)
and
Secret of Mana.
/me misses that time....
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 04:05   #14
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

I remember we got Clogger free with a subscription to an Acorn magazine. It was the one with Mad Hatter in it, who went on about elite all the time.
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 04:44   #15
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Idi
i got X beyond the frontier

that was by no means ace

HEATHEN!

(XTension made it better, and X2 (coming out this year) is bloody good. :) )
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 07:15   #16
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Nod is a fool

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
Quite clearly the greatest of the Civ games is Civ 2, and not Civ 1 as he seems to believe.
I didn't know Civ 1 had Tarantulas.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 07:29   #17
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: Nod is a fool

Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
I didn't know Civ 1 had Tarantulas.
They put them in just for Nod,

Apparenlty it is rumoured that he has his own privatly coded versions of most War/Strat Games with Tula's included.
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 07:34   #18
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:

not exactly Elite I guess but coming quite close.

eve online
http://www.eve-online.com/

freelancer
http://www.microsoft.com/games/freelancer/
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 07:40   #19
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Idi
i need a game like elite but with snazy graphics and lots of playability, online play would be nice
Wing Commander Privateer series. Don't think it has online though
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 08:41   #20
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by MrBrick

That strange monkey game that came with Q-basic
that game 0wned.

So did Nibbles, the worm game that came with Qbasic

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 11:41   #21
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
RETRO

Quote:
BATTLESHIPS V TARANTULAS
Nov 30 2000 1:43PM

The most complete, thorough article that you will read ANYWHERE about these 2 ships. I would advise everyone to read this before making their choice if you are even remotely serious about planetarion.

This is around the time that everyone has to make the hardest decision in Planetarion this round. "Do I go for Battleships or Tarantulas?"
Well, ive been wondering all round what one to go for, so yesterday I actually sat down for quite a long time, analysing the stats.
Here is what I came up with (NOTE, there is a LOT of theory and number crunching contained within this article. If you are just wanting a quick answer what is best, then this guide is not for you. This guide is aimed at the more experienced player, who is prepared to analyse stats heavily. However, there is nothing in here too advanced for a newer player who is prepared to think hard, as I have explained all the theory I used)
For the purpose of this article, I am going to be using the term Resource Cost(RC). This is the cost in resources used to produce the ship. Also, I will be rounding values off. This rounding is not significant enough to affect any of the conclusions, so all values can be treated as absolute.
I will also assume that everyone chose Jumpgates over military scans. If you never, then I can only offer you my pity.

BATTLESHIPS

The first thing to not about battleships is their awesome destructive potential. However, they are also fairly expensive. 1 battleship has a RC of 74000. This makes them as expensive as roughly 10 War Frigates (This comparison will be based on War Frigates, as they are the only other reasonably powerful ship with the same target class as Battleships)
Now, lets look at some battle stats :-

10 War Frigates will kill 10 Interceptors a tick, 11.5 Spiders, 5 Daggers, or 1.8 Astropods.
1 Battleship will kill 20 Interceptors, 25 Spiders, 10 Daggers or 3.4 Astropods.

Therefore, Battleships are TWICE as powerful as the equivalent value of War Frigates. This makes them ship that does the most damage per unit of cost in the entire game. However, there are 2 problems with Battleships

1) The travel time. The extra 1 hour is CRUCIAL. Giving your target an extra hour to get defence can cause your fleet to take significantly more casualties than it would otherwise. If you plan on quick roid raids, then you can forget about using battleships. And, since you will have a lot of resources tied down in your Battleships, you are likely to have a lot less war frigates than a Tarantula player. Therefore, your fleet may be too weak to travel without its Battleships, on 8 hour ETA. This makes roiding a significant problem
2) Fuel cost. Eonium is going to be scare later on, due to the incredible difficulty of stealing E roids. 1 Battleship has TWICE the fuel cost of 10 war frigates. I don't know just how significant this will be, as im not sure just how scare E will be.

3) Battleships die FAR too easily. It is too easy to look at the table, see the 200 armour and assume that they are indestructible. In reality, this could not be further from the truth.

Battleships are targeted by Destroyers and Ion Turrets. Lets look at how many of each kill a Battleship

13 Destroyers (RC-208000)
20 Ion Turrets (RC-190000)

Now, compare this to the 10 War Frigates :-

12 War Cruisers (RC-312000)
54 Plasma Turrets (RC-324000)

Therefore, Battleships die almost TWICE as easily as the equivalent value of War Frigates.

In conclusion, Battleships have ENORMOUS damage potential. However, the fact that they die so easily, coupled with the speed, makes them very impractical. Yes, they are AMAZING at killing ships, but the question you have to ask is "Do I even want to kill ships?". Strange as it may sound, roughly 90% of the attack you will make are for roids alone. Killing the enemy fleet is pointless, as it reduces their score, thus limiting the amount of pods you are able to send and still get your 20%. Also, the ease which Battleships die means that you will lose more score on a roid raid than you would sending frigates alone. This makes Battleships almost totally useless for attacking.
They seem to be a good defensive ship stat wise. However, the 9hr ETA means that they are likely to miss the first tick of any battle. This limits their effectiveness as a defensive ships
Throw in the HUGE fuel cost as well, and it becomes clear that battleships are very impractical in almost all circumstances. Yes, in isolation with a quick glance they look awesome, but compared to the 10 War Frigates, they are always going to come of second best.

TARANTULAS
First, the generic value - 1 Tarantula has an RC of 18500. However, it takes 16000 crystal to produce. This ENORMOUS amount of crystal required to build one is a fairly massive blow against them already. To make up for this huge expenditure, they had better be incredibly good indeed. So are they?
Well, in one word, Yes. Lets look at the stats.

1 Tarantula freezes :-

2.5 War Frigates (RC-17500)
2 War Cruisers (RC-52000)
2.3 Destroyers (RC-37000)
0.6 Battleships (RC-44500)

The only thing to say about this is... WOW. Even assuming they are going to be targeting War Frigates most of the time, they still freeze their own value of SC. As they will be hitting destroyers, cruisers and Battleships as well, it is not unreasonable to say that a Tarantula will freeze an amount of ships with a valued greater. This value alone means nothing, so I will compare it to some other ships.

Battleship - kills approx 1/3 of its cost per tick
War Frigates - kills approx 1/6 of its cost per tick

Most other ships kill with a ratio of about 1/6 of the cost. Therefore, Tarantulas are INCREDIBLY useful in combat, being the only ship in planetarion that can neutralize ships with a RC value greater than its own. I would have no problems whatsoever with basing my fleet solely around Tarantulas, if it wasn't for one thing.

They die FAR too easily to Ghosts (yes, even more easily than battleships). And Ion Turrets.

1 Tarantula is killed by :-

7.4 Ghosts (RC-59200)
7.1 Plasma Turrets (RC-42500)

Battleships are killed by 2.5x their RC. Most other ships are killed by 4x. their SC/RC. Tarantulas are killed by about 2.5x their RC as well. However, to have to remember that 90% of a Tarantula's cost is crystal. As crystal is a lot rarer than metal, it is INCREDIBLY inefficient to have a ship that is almost pure crystal to die at the same rate as one that is almost pure metal.

In conclusion, Tarantulas are EXCELLENT. Most ppl will be operating on a metal-crystal ratio of about 2.5/3 to 1. As most ships cost about 4x as much metal as crystal, there is going to be a LOT of excess crystal lying around. There is no better way to spend this than on Tarantulas.
When you are out roiding, the objective is to lose as little ships as possible. The amazing efficiency of the Tarantula means that they can shut down entire fleets of war frigates with ease. However, if your target has a significant amount of Ghosts or Plasma Turrets, your Tarantulas will die easily. Therefore, it is important to scan, and make sure you pick targets without these. Mass fleets of Tarantulas aren't going to kill much, but they are going to get you the roids that you need to build your War Frigate/War Cruiser fleets. The fact that they are made mainly from left over crystal means that building large fleets of them will not significantly affect your War Frigate production.
Basically, Tarantulas are superior to Battleships in every single way. Most inexperienced players will go for Battleships as they "HAVE 80 GUNS AND DON'T DIE!!!!!!!!1112". I hope that this article has dispelled this Battleship myth.

{c}Nodrog 2000
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 12:15   #22
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSmoke
not exactly Elite I guess but coming quite close.

eve online
http://www.eve-online.com/

freelancer
http://www.microsoft.com/games/freelancer/
Or you could just go for the REAL THING when it finally comes out!
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 12:18   #23
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle28uk
Yeah, but Elite is so last century. Try this.
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 12:19   #24
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
I'll be playing it at the same time as the B5 space shooter!

That page hasn't been updated for 2 years, so it seems that it's either died or noone's paying attention.

Pity, either way.
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 12:21   #25
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by MrBrick
...That strange monkey game that came with Q-basic...
Gorilla!

Tho I prefered nimbles.
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 12:52   #26
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Re: RETRO

Quote:
Originally posted by Structural Integrity

HEH
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 13:59   #27
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by W
Gorilla!

Tho I prefered nimbles.

gorillas fcking rocked!!! omg the first ever game i played, on my 386 - my first pc.

and nibbles 2 player against my sister!!!!

gorillas against my dad

and nibbles against my sister.

Nostalgia ahoy!!!

AND it fcking rocked cause you could see the code in q basic

oh and Civ 1 > Civ 2

rapid irrigation/roading/railroading

oh and any remember A10 tank buster on 5.25 inch floppys???
and MS flightsimulator 4
and prince of persia

with its cheat codeword megahit (the only way i could complete the damned thing)

and flashback!!!!!!
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 14:02   #28
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
WORMS ARMAGEDDON!!!!!
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 14:11   #29
NightSinner
Gimp Handler

NightSinner is an unknown quantity at this point
clearly the best games were cannon fodder and North & South
<Blue|WORKING> they are all sitting on a LAN
<Blue|WORKING> DUH
<[RO]NightSinner> hehe
<[RO]NightSinner> my mistake
<TomKat> Lithuanian Area Network
NightSinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 14:27   #30
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

Nod is like a cross between Queen Victoria and Peter Hitchens placed on an internet forum.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 14:31   #31
RiCo

Jones in the fast lane.

Enough said.
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 14:37   #32
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by Marilyn Manson
Peter Hitchens
Grilled on both sides \o/
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 14:39   #33
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question

Quote:
Grilled on both sides \o/
Eh?
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 14:42   #34
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Eh?
Peter Hitchens (on the right) and Austin Mitchell (on the left) hosted a show on Talk Radio together called 'Grilled on Both Sides'. Made very interesting listening
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 14:46   #35
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Exclamation

Quote:
Peter Hitchens (on the right) and Austin Mitchell (on the left) hosted a show on Talk Radio together called 'Grilled on Both Sides'. Made very interesting listening
I have never really been interested in anything whereby you take two extremeists from either side of the political spectrum, and ask them to try and do something interesting. The results are fairly obvious.

Even in the case of such respectable fellows, I'm sure there was a swing towards hilarity rather than intellectual fulfilment from a purposeful debate.

I generally don't listen to the radio. I don't have a TV, either.
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 14:50   #36
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Exclamation

Oh, but you should really read Hitchen's book, The Abolition of Britain sometime when you are really bored. The basic synopsis is that just about everything done since about 1960 has been done for the the purpose of changing society in a manner not entirely dissimmilar to Mao's cultural revolution done peacefully and covertly, and that it was mostly masterminded by Roy Jenkins. It's a good laff.
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 14:52   #37
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
I have never really been interested in anything whereby you take two extremeists from either side of the political spectrum, and ask them to try and do something interesting. The results are fairly obvious.

Even in the case of such respectable fellows, I'm sure there was a swing towards hilarity rather than intellectual fulfilment from a purposeful debate.
Surprisingly it was actually serious debate, probably why it fell by the wayside. Talk Radio has moved away from serious shows and onto entertainment (formerly the province of the 1am-6am slots). Much as I love Mike Dicken, I still like a real argument from time to time.
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 14:52   #38
Benjitrons

Benjitrons is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I dont think i saw that.

I just spend all day working for Benjitrons' admiration.
Benjitrons is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 14:54   #39
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Exclamation

I think just about every sector of the media is moving away from seriousness and into crappy-mind-numbing ****e, tbh.

It's probably Blair's work: Trying to make our natural right-wing instincts easier to control by filling our brains with shiet. Or something.
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 14:59   #40
Benjitrons

Benjitrons is an unknown quantity at this point
The numbing of people minds has begun you only have to look at the crap on childrens tv now. There are about 50 cartoons based around some spoilt brat with big eyes and a small nose who for some reason manages to win somesort of battle involving mutated animals or spinning tops. I mean come battling spinning tops.

I just spend all day working for Benjitrons' admiration.
Benjitrons is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 15:00   #41
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
It's probably Blair's work: Trying to make our natural right-wing instincts easier to control by filling our brains with shiet. Or something.
I shall counter this tonight by starting on 'The Political Animal' by the almighty himself
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 18:03   #42
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
civ2 was addictive, perhaps too much so

a pity i sucked ass at it

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 18:53   #43
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:

when it finally comes out!

yeah.. like in about 4 years I estimate
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 20:45   #44
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
yeap, it'd be marvellous playing that game and not being about to use the speed time modes. How I'd love to have to wait days to get from earth to mars. :P

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 22:53   #45
Coffee
Ensign

Coffee is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
yeap, it'd be marvellous playing that game and not being about to use the speed time modes. How I'd love to have to wait days to get from earth to mars. :P
Yeh having time to sleep. pphhttt. who that plays mmorpgs does that?