User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Jan 2003, 02:19   #1
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Goddamn AVI splitters

Anyone know of a free one?

I can't find one and I have a home video my crazy aunt wants put on VCD so she can play it in her DVD player.
Whoever encoded the damn thing has made a right mess (she gave it me as a split archive on 2 CDs - obviously she doesn't know one end of the computer from another, but she got someone to do it for her) and it's a 1,400Mb DivX.
Converting it to MPEG isn't a problem, I just can't find a program to split the bugger.
Why on earth whoever encoded it for her couldn't have done this...

Unread 4 Jan 2003, 02:26   #2
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

Intervention is an unknown quantity at this point
I've absolutely no idea myself but I've heard people talk about programs called VirtualDub and something like TmpEnc

--------------
My Artwork
Intervention is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2003, 03:26   #3
Coffee
Ensign

Coffee is an unknown quantity at this point
use virtualdub. dont use direct stream copy with split though, that literally splits the file, leaving the headers in a mess.

get an exact keyframe and cut everything before it + save.

do the same (with exactly the same keyframe) but for the last portion + save.

use direct stream copy dont forget! (dont re-encode!)

out of interest what r u using to convert it to mpeg2? (assuming thats what you plan to do).
Unread 4 Jan 2003, 15:41   #4
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Its being converted to MPEG1, not 2 - this is a VCD not an SVCD.
Nero automatically converts avi to the correct format and resolution when you drag it into the VCD compilation.

Unread 4 Jan 2003, 16:23   #5
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

Cheers - VirtualDub did the trick.
Thanks for the tip on direct stream copy mode and keyframes Coffee.