User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Dec 2002, 16:44   #1
Homerio
Furious Angel

Homerio is an unknown quantity at this point
buying a dvd player

are there any decent ones i can buy for around £100 ?

<Slava> If we quit pa and take up residence in a new game that would be better. Take our organisation, alliance, and skills elsewhere.
<Hathor^> hyperiums
<Hathor^> Dark Galaxy
<Slava> anything will do.
* Slava imagines team-deathmatch-hopscotch
Homerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 16:58   #2
Saxo

www.argos.co.uk try there
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 16:59   #3
Smugs
Major

Smugs has a little shameless behaviour in the past
You should be able to get a decent one for £100 especialy in the sales.

R3 - [None] - 184:10:12
R4 - [FeaR] - 234:25:3 - [MoW]
R5 - [GLX] - XX:XX:8
R6 - [GLX] - 5:13:6 - [MoC]
R7 - [GLX] - 35:XX:13 - [MoC]
R8 - [Flash] - 12:7:1
R9 - [Did Not Play]
R9.5 - [None] -1:10:19 - [MoW]/[MoD]

==Retired Planetarion Veteran==
Smugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 17:00   #4
Kiss

no
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 17:07   #5
wu_trax

i got one for 110€ here ("cyberhome" or something). im quite happy with it, it plays almost everything dvd, mp3, vcd and svcd
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 17:15   #6
Smugs
Major

Smugs has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Here you go...

LG from Dixons £99.99

Toshiba from Currys £99.99

R3 - [None] - 184:10:12
R4 - [FeaR] - 234:25:3 - [MoW]
R5 - [GLX] - XX:XX:8
R6 - [GLX] - 5:13:6 - [MoC]
R7 - [GLX] - 35:XX:13 - [MoC]
R8 - [Flash] - 12:7:1
R9 - [Did Not Play]
R9.5 - [None] -1:10:19 - [MoW]/[MoD]

==Retired Planetarion Veteran==
Smugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 18:10   #7
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of
http://www.richersounds.co.uk
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 18:12   #8
Pineapple
Banned

Pineapple is an unknown quantity at this point
richersounds are ace...i got mine from there about 3 months ago

the staff were ace.
Pineapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 18:36   #9
Coffee
Ensign

Coffee is an unknown quantity at this point
www.novatech.co.uk do a good one for £75
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 20:46   #10
Eyebrows
[FC] Pimp Daddy

Eyebrows is an unknown quantity at this point
Pioneer DV-350 Multi Region £119.99

[F-Crew] - You'll know when your [FC]uked
Eyebrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 20:52   #11
Idi

my housemate got an ace one for £70 (before the sales) thatll do multiregion with some pressing of buttons on the remote control. he got it from asdas.
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 20:55   #12
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
When I worked at Currys last Christmas they had a nice 'bait' offer on for the January sales (you know, where they offer some high spec product at a really low price, just to get people in the store, but only have like 5 of the things in stock). In this case it was a sweet DVD player with full 5.1 speaker set, marked down from £200 to £99.
Of course, I had the door code for the store room, and knew where to move things until the end of my shift....
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 23:57   #13
Donkie

get down to asda

before the sales, a DVD home theatre sstem with 5 speakers, subwoofer, full dolby digital 5.1, plays dvd, vcd, cd's, mp3 cd's, and picks up JPG files and FM radio too. Good price too, was only £150 before the sales, so its likely to be cheaper now.
Unread 29 Dec 2002, 20:37   #14
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Before buying any I would suggest you find out if it can be made multi region. Region 2 DVD's are normally way too overpriced and are of a lower quality compared to the r1 (normally becuase alot of the extras are taken off so that they can put all those stupid european audio tracks and subtitles on, Why on earth do you need launguages like Hungarian, Dutch, German, French,italian and others on a DVD being sold in england. Ok it would costs a little more to make regionised discs but atleast we wouldnt have to then suffer paying such high prices for lower quality discs)

to find out if it can be made multiregion check DVD Reviewer
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2002, 23:19   #15
starmog
Star teh mog0r

starmog will become famous soon enoughstarmog will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by xtothez
When I worked at Currys last Christmas they had a nice 'bait' offer on for the January sales (you know, where they offer some high spec product at a really low price, just to get people in the store, but only have like 5 of the things in stock). In this case it was a sweet DVD player with full 5.1 speaker set, marked down from £200 to £99.
Of course, I had the door code for the store room, and knew where to move things until the end of my shift....
heh i work for currys at the moment, they still do exactly the same thing, this time for combi tv's

we sold out by 9:20 first day the deal started
insert here
starmog custom rank designed by Pyr0 rank design services lmtd.
starmog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2002, 07:21   #16
RIT

Quote:
Originally posted by xtothez
Rather an evil ploy I always wondered why that stuff had sold out, the staff nick off with them
Unread 30 Dec 2002, 17:34   #17
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by wakey
Why on earth do you need launguages like Hungarian, Dutch, German, French,italian and others on a DVD being sold in england. Ok it would costs a little more to make regionised discs but atleast we wouldnt have to then suffer paying such high prices for lower quality discs)
DVD regions were devised so studios could see distribution rights, afaik. If it was easy (of course, it is - but if it was officially easy) then no company would buy DVD distribution rights for say, Europe since they'd lose half their sales to American imports. Obviously this is stupid and took no time at all to be bypassed.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2002, 19:25   #18
Ĉquila

Quote:
Originally posted by Smugs
Here you go...

LG from Dixons £99.99

Toshiba from Currys £99.99
Get the tosh from Currys
Unread 30 Dec 2002, 21:01   #19
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
DVD regions were devised so studios could see distribution rights, afaik. If it was easy (of course, it is - but if it was officially easy) then no company would buy DVD distribution rights for say, Europe since they'd lose half their sales to American imports. Obviously this is stupid and took no time at all to be bypassed.
I have nothing against the use of regiosn...my problem is that while the Region 1 discs are often produced seperatly to suit each country in that region (For example US R1 normally include English and Spanish Audio and subtitle launguages while Canada have English and french), we in europe gets discs made to sell ib every country with just a differnt DVD label and Case cover but whos content is the same. Making them cover so many countries takes up so much disc space that discs often loose features to allow for it. Discs going for the r2 market should be more localised so that these cuts arent needed
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote