User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 Dec 2002, 23:04   #1
Dubbyah

I screwed up my start menu QuickLaunch.

I accidentally deleted some-file-or-another that was needed for proper operation of QuickLaunch blah blah blah how do I get it back*? QuickLaunch is the toolbar that puts all them purdeh little icons in the bottom-left of your task bar. I'm on Win98SE by the way.

I know to turn it on you just go to toolbars and select it, but when I do that it tells me the toolbar cannot be created. I deleted whatever file it was that I deleted when I was searching for Quick Time files that were left over from the uninstallation process. Apparently I became over-zealous in my clicking and selected a file I needed.

*I know reinstalling my OS would get it back, but... ƒuck that shït.
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 23:51   #2
Coffee
Ensign

Coffee is an unknown quantity at this point
Theres a solution thats slightly wrong but nm, it achieves the same effect.

1: Create a new folder in My Documents called 'QuickLaunch'.

2: Right click on a blank area of the start bar and select 'toolbars -> new toolbar'. Select the folder you created in stage 1.

3: Right click on the created toolbar on the start menu and turn off the title/names/large icons stuff so it looks like quicklaunch.

Should sort it. Its also somewhat easier to manage your quicklaunch bar now too as you can just modify the folder in my documents as it contains the contents.
Unread 23 Dec 2002, 01:43   #3
Deathjam
Banned

Deathjam is an unknown quantity at this point
norteh shouldn't this be in that other forum
Deathjam is offline   Reply With Quote