User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 5 May 2003, 16:49   #51
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future
Ahhh, the good old "you are all 12 year old idiots" thread.

Spinners post opened up for peculations, and they will continue for a while and in the process it will crash the pa name down further.
Unread 5 May 2003, 16:50   #52
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
According to various people at different times none of the creators has ever done anything. I'm just bemused as to where the game came from!
Hehe, the other creators do stuff. fudge does stuff, Spinner does stuff and Kloopy does stuff. I have seen them all doing stuff, and I have never accused them of not doing anything, and I mean it when I said Prince never did anything, not a thing.
Unread 5 May 2003, 17:06   #53
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Bashar
Hehe, the other creators do stuff. fudge does stuff, Spinner does stuff and Kloopy does stuff. I have seen them all doing stuff, and I have never accused them of not doing anything, and I mean it when I said Prince never did anything, not a thing.

I never said he did or didn't. I haven't a clue what the creators do beyond what they tell everyone to be honest. I merely wished him the best as someone I'd consider a friend.
Unread 5 May 2003, 17:11   #54
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
I never said he did or didn't. I haven't a clue what the creators do beyond what they tell everyone to be honest. I merely wished him the best as someone I'd consider a friend.
Hence why I was attempting to enhance your knowledge.
Unread 5 May 2003, 17:12   #55
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Hence why I was attempting to enhance your knowledge.

Jesus was a small Australian midget with bad breath.

Usually some of us require a modicum of proof heh.
Unread 5 May 2003, 17:19   #56
Bashar
Idle Git

You can prove existence, not lack thereof. The only thing you can prove with regards to non-existence is that you haven't found it yet. Whether or not this is taken as conclusive I suppose depends on how hard, and how far you looked.
Unread 5 May 2003, 18:01   #57
Sad
TeamPies

Sad will become famous soon enoughSad will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by chemical
He was probably helping out alliances to win the war. *cough*

AHA! SO THATS HOW WEETNARFZ WON TEH WAR!!!!
Unread 5 May 2003, 18:11   #58
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
don't see the problem...

if he was 'multi-hunter' he was obviously **** at what he did... as every known cheater did NOT get closed:/

further someone get zeus heh
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2003, 18:26   #59
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
At least in this country, it is illegal to discuss the specifics of termination. I am guessing it's the same in most others. In all honesty, it's illegal in the US to even say as much as Spinner did. He was hired and he no longer works for you is the only information you can provide. Oh and a yes or no if asked if you would re-hire.

I've never figured out exactly where people got the idea that they had a right to information that does not concern them in the least. Get over it.
Unread 5 May 2003, 18:30   #60
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadnought!
It was unfair that he stated he overstepped the rules without showing what he did.

Well it's a good thing neither you nor senator are running planetarion now isn't it? The only people spinner has to answer to are Jolt/Sim-tech. The only thing he 'owes' the community is to produce his game. So quityerbitchin
Unread 5 May 2003, 18:48   #61
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point
Dreadnought are you just trying to look like more of a twat? by this thread
Unread 5 May 2003, 20:38   #62
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Sandsnake
I've never figured out exactly where people got the idea that they had a right to information that does not concern them in the least. Get over it.
I'm not sure if anyone said they had a "right" to know. They just want to know. I'm certainly curious. Sure, if it's personally embarrassing then obviously it shouldn't be disclosed. Personally I would have preferred a more open statement (or a less open one). If you're going to say someone has abused their powers, I'd certainly prefer for some more information. "Abusing his powers" could mean almost anything. If it is embarrassing then don't say anything.

Anyway, with Leshy's analogy of "If you asked your bank..." :
(a) I'd hope on-line communities would develop a little more transperancy than traditional companies - but I'm an idealist.

(b) If my bank had half the problems (technical, customer support, etc) issues that Planetarion has/does they sure as hell wouldn't have my money, and they'd have probably been sued out of existence. Applying the same standards works both way.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2003, 20:39   #63
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of
Although I have a strong disliking for Prince and have always thought he was a bit of a twat.

It must be difficult to be punted by someone who even though he created the game is rarely seen these days and has managed to pretty much ruin it.
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2003, 21:00   #64
Salomo
Commodore

Salomo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
If you went to a bank near you and asked the director what an ex-employee was fired for, would he:

A) Explain to you in detail what the employee did
B) Tell you that it's none of your business

It may sound a bit harsh, but behind Planetarion is a company. What they do and why is not public information, as is the case with any other company.
a bank director would not have publically stated that he overstepped the rules, but rather that unfortunately he had to leave due to various reasons.

The way it was presented by spinner it's obvious and understandable that more questions are asked :-/

P.S.: I volunteer to be spinners PR person ;-)

r1: n00b
r2: 7:11 - T7C HC, WaC(Jr), Sedition HC
r3: 31:25 - Sedition, Century, SL HC
r4: 95:21 - BlueTubas'
r5: 30:5 - BlueTubas, VtS
r6: 33:24:1 - Deus Ex Machina HC, politically retired
r7: 38:22 -> 26:11 - RaH peon
r8: 12:3:4 - Defended by 1:1

Last edited by Salomo; 5 May 2003 at 21:07.
Salomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2003, 21:05   #65
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by sirad
Dreadnought are you just trying to look like more of a twat? by this thread
i win anywyas
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2003, 22:37   #66
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
He was :cool:
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2003, 22:44   #67
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Prince = ace
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2003, 23:04   #68
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
(b) If my bank had half the problems (technical, customer support, etc) issues that Planetarion has/does they sure as hell wouldn't have my money
In which case you'd have had nothing to do with the bank and the leaving of an employee would never have been known to you, making that whole point moot
Unread 5 May 2003, 23:37   #69
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
In which case you'd have had nothing to do with the bank and the leaving of an employee would never have been known to you, making that whole point moot
This is true, but the point is that I would treat my bank differently from how I'd treat PA, for various reasons.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2003, 00:19   #70
NaoS
bored....

NaoS is on a distinguished road
i've known Prince since rd 4/5 when we used to make Avidgamer sites together, (well okay he made them, i took the glory)

remember i was in hospital when someone sent me a txt msg saying Prince got put into the PAteam. from a fellow HC to pateam, was a proud, but ill, lad that day

anyway....I know Prince will be reading this **** having a goodlaugh (or cry, he always was a bit *bent wrist*)and i hope that while he has been taken out of the "Company" he will not leave the "Community"
NaoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2003, 00:45   #71
Domin
500k posts

Domin is an unknown quantity at this point
Depends if he used his powers for personal gain.

Like a bank manager transfer money to his own acount.

The diffrence is that the bank manager will get in prison...

But that doesn't mean he stop going to the bank.

er what im trying to say is that he don't have to leave the comunity just because he's not pa team anymore but of course it will get commented time from time.

if u get refered as "cheater" it will be nearly impossible to get rid of.

round 2: 54:24:17 FA
round 3: 45:17:20 nos
round 4: 64:18:10 nos
round 5: 32:6:6 nos
round 6: 11:11:7 nos
round 7: 29:23:3 nos
round 8: 22:7:1 nos plush
round 9: 6:6:8 oly
round 13: Dont have roids so dont bother asking
Domin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2003, 06:11   #72
Petru
mefs

Petru is an unknown quantity at this point
Dread, it's not "unfair" that Spinner said he overstepped the rules without giving details. It may be "uninteresting" but it is in no way "unfair".

Stop attention whoring.

To those of you saying "Prince did nothign!!" etc and "Prince is a great guy!!!oneone", think on it. An action of this level would not have been taken without solid and mounting reason. It's not anyones place to give details except Spinner and Prince, live with it, deal with it. "There is no smoke without fire", it's an age old adage and it always proves right.

Username: HobbieRogue4
Password: ****petru

I was 'angry' a lot back then. :/
Petru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2003, 08:11   #73
Karmulian

What spinner posted on the portal is exactly correct

the pateam has gone through some serious restructuring the last few weeks
with meetings stretching out for 4-5hrs into the early hours.
alot of old hangers on were cleared out, alot of people that didn't do anythign were cleared out
other who clealry abused the pasteam role we kicked out.

as for prince, he did abuse as spinner said, but he was also an employee - and spinner is not just going to slag him off publicly as it will look as bad for spinner as it would prince.

there are some who do not believe he should have been sacked, however anyone who knows prince knows he is happy with the "arrangement".

Anyways the outcome of this all -
for Rnd10 we should now have an active and ambicoius Round10
The role of Pateam manager has been reintroduced, and communication between creators and team has never been stronger.
EVERY team member is giving an input into shapping round10 (not the game but the external features for the community - eg portal)
a new pateam website has been made, and for rnd10 there will be a public interface so that you the community , know everything we do and don't do. thus you can hold us accountable.

for a long time PAteam has been seen as some sort of country club, where the upperclass special community members get to lounge about. but quite the opposite, until i joined i never realised quite how much time and effort the team put in to keep this game on the ground.

anyways end of rant
Unread 6 May 2003, 08:19   #74
Toop
Banned

Toop is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Karmulian

as for prince, he did abuse as spinner said, but he was also an employee - and spinner is not just going to slag him off publicly as it will look as bad for spinner as it would prince.

Well why didn't Spinner just announce Prince was leaving PAteam for personal reasons? It wouldn't have led to speculation and it would have looked better for both Spinner and Prince.
Toop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2003, 09:35   #75
beefeb
General dogsbody

beefeb is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Toop
Well why didn't Spinner just announce Prince was leaving PAteam for personal reasons? It wouldn't have led to speculation and it would have looked better for both Spinner and Prince.

.....maybe he said it because Prince has betrayed the trust that everyone put in him, the company, the creators and the community, maybe it was so bad they had no other choice, maybe they wanted to express this but wanted to leave him with some dignity.....maybe all or none of the above.

Lets face it, if he disagreed with the decision or reasons, then there are plenty of forums and places in which he could express his opinions...has he?

The creators have my support, I trust that what they did was necessary and reasonable, I do not want to know the reasons, all of you should realise that Prince, by his silence appears to be wanting to not make too much of a big deal about it.
beefeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2003, 11:52   #76
Ad0
Slightly different.....

Ad0 is an unknown quantity at this point
*sigh* yet another person attracted by the inherent 'l33tness' of pacreator status and used the status to bend the game to his own whims.... i cant say I am suprised. I have known Prince since he was in a little alliance known as [MI] always giving the impression he knew / could do more than capable.

My 'gut' feeling is that spinner has a reason, but I also expect this reason never to be known, spinner being to proud and prince to embarrased.

Good riddens.
Ad0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2003, 15:27   #77
Urkki

Urkki is an unknown quantity at this point
I would assume the way it's been reported by Spinner is ok with Prince since he had said nothing about it (unless he's preparing a law suit and is quiet because of that ).

"Overstepping rules set for PATeam by PATeam" is general enough so I don't really see a privacy problem. It essentially amounts to "He no longer works here, and we would not re-hire him."

So get over it. If there'll be more publicly known info, I'm sure some gossiper will be eager to post it here...
Unread 6 May 2003, 22:55   #78
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
when I said Prince never did anything, not a thing.
I asked people in PA Team what Prince did, and they had absolutely no idea.

In relation to his job, not what he 'did' did.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2003, 23:48   #79
Coffee
Ensign

Coffee is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
SimTech, however, isn't.
no, its The UK's Leading Supplier of Farm Equipment.

(-:
Unread 6 May 2003, 23:50   #80
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
That is comedy gold