User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 3 Jun 2017, 18:18   #51
TRS

TRS has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Re: Population research

We fear change
TRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2017, 04:32   #52
Fuyu

Fuyu is an unknown quantity at this point

The population research is awkward... if you want to add in new researches perhaps think of a better way!
Fuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2017, 04:35   #53
Fuyu

Fuyu is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahh how about a research for being able to HOLD asteroids. We currently have it so you can HAVE more than you can use but what about managing to HOLD them at all in the first place?
Fuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2017, 01:30   #54
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

vuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to all

slowest round start ever, much fun!

also fuyu roid immune is your def ships... ya know that thing that makes this a game rather than a sim planet snorefest.

H-A ODDR Apprime xVx VisioN HEROES Ultores
vuLgAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2017, 19:20   #55
rob6985
BSGDVMBU

rob6985 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree it forces new tick plans so you have to think for a change rather than having the same tick plan from 10 rounds ago...and not only affects research but all other areas where population affect the output/effect as well as government choice. Changes can be good and this was as increased the variety of speed of research ands cons significantly at start and it wasn't very time consuming to get up to 100% population. More little changes with domino effects please.

Last edited by rob6985; 19 Jun 2017 at 21:06.
rob6985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2017, 21:40   #56
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Hunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob6985 View Post
I agree it forces new tick plans so you have to think for a change rather than having the same tick plan from 10 rounds ago...and not only affects research but all other areas where population affect the output/effect as well as government choice. Changes can be good and this was as increased the variety of speed of research ands cons significantly at start and it wasn't very time consuming to get up to 100% population. More little changes with domino effects please.
Yah right it just makes everything slower.

You use startup bonus on this population crap... put 25% mining the rest on research and its normal after that just with delay....
Unread 20 Jun 2017, 16:44   #57
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light

Got mixed feelings about the pop change. Definitly made me think more and I hope I choose the right options. I wonder if pop makes Tot or Corp government come out ahead much more. Did anyone run any calcs yet? and also whether it is worth changing governments?

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2017, 17:34   #58
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Tot has been the best government for almost everyone for a while now. Corp doesn't start beating Tot until you end the round on 5000+ roids. If you're just playing a reasonable top 100 planet, ending on 1500 roids or so, Tot is 4.5% better than Corp and 5.3% better than Soc.

(And because numbers are fun: Nat overtakes Tot at 10k+ roids at round end.)

It's really hard to calculate whether playing as Tot all round long is better or worse than starting as Demo and switching to Tot, because with the exception of core mining, research cannot be converted to value.

Corp all round is probably bad, though, now that you need even more research to get your planet started.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2017, 12:35   #59
Joepys

Joepys will become famous soon enoughJoepys will become famous soon enough

Same here, I like the change!

[HA]
[P3ng]
[FANG]
[Vikings]
[Faceless]
Joepys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2017, 10:13   #60
anty

anty is on a distinguished road

Agree with Rob's comment above
anty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2017, 04:23   #61
rickricky

rickricky is on a distinguished road

Nice idea!
rickricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2017, 19:01   #62
LadyoftheLake

LadyoftheLake is a jewel in the roughLadyoftheLake is a jewel in the roughLadyoftheLake is a jewel in the rough

I liked it, for me it didn't seem to slow things down much and it made a nice change
LadyoftheLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2017, 04:29   #63
lurchleaf
UltimateNewbie

lurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I would've gone with doubling the efficiency of each point of population and halving the population limits in each category (effectively keeping everything the same), then continuing to offering research to unlock 100% of your population and possibly simultaneously raising the category limits a little in each research.
How about adding a reputation, based upon how heavily you exert your workforce (assigned population percentage of max allowed population assignment) offset by tax (lower tax from alliance/galaxy gives population higher morale)?

Open to abuse in some ways of course but rather than criticise, try building upon this idea