User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 2 Feb 2007, 17:06   #1
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
Galaxy Prioritations

For some reason I started thinking about Planetarion the other day. I've been injuried and im not working atm, so I decided to play this round for fun.

Some decent changes has been made, and a new race might be a good addition to the game. However I still feel that the galaxies could get some functions to unite the players within them.

I was thinking something similiar to the engineering each (paid) planet has.

The GC could have an option that would affect all the planets in the galaxy. Should be able to change it every now and then(72h?)

Theese options could be stuff like;

Economy - All planets in the galaxy gain 5% more resources from mining and salvage. The galaxy fund has an interest of 1% each day. Trading with the fund is free. Deep core drilling researches reduced by 20%. Covertops stealing resources are 5% more effective. Finance centres cost 20% less.

Asteroids - All planets in the galaxy gains 3% more roids on attack and looses 3% less roids when attacked. Initiating cost is reduced by 10%. Cargo researches reduced by 10%. Asteroidstealing ships(pods) are 10% cheaper.

Combat - Some boost in combat, not sure exactly how this should be done. Ship researches reduced by 10%. Productiontime reduced by 1 tick. Salvage increased by 10%.

Traveltime - In galaxy eta is reduced by 1(2?) ticks Traveltime reseraches reduced by 10%. All fleets have -1(2?) eta on return.

Science - Research time reduced by 10%. Scans research reduced by 20% and Scans cost reduced by 20%. Scan efficiency inreased by 20%. Researchlabs cost 50% less.

Construction - Construction time reduced by 1 tick. Construtions in gal is 50% harder to kill. Constructions cost 25% less. Production reduced by 1(2?) ticks.

Espionage - Scans an Covert Ops efficiency increased by 20%. Scans and Covert ops research reduced by 20%. Resistance towards Scans and Covertops increased by 20%. Security Centres cost 25% less.

You get the point. Theres alot of possebilities and I think anything we can do to bring back that good old gal spirit will help the game

Stuff like this could also be done for alliances in some way.

Also Id love to see the ministers actually getting more to do. Id especially like to see a galaxy defence fleet which the MoW would control. The MoD would give him amount of resources he could spend on ships. Maybe only 1 ship from each race and class, but could still be a good thing using for tactics. Should probably be 1 fleet spot to begin with, then the gal could pay an amount from the galfund to get a second. Shouldnt be cheap tho

Not knowing wether I am gonna play next round, this would certainly make me want to try

Discuss o_O

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2007, 17:14   #2
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold
Re: Galaxy Prioritations

i like the idea of giving the MoW something to do. at the moment its a relatively pointless position to have in a galaxy

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2007, 17:22   #3
`mac^
Retired insomniac

`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold

Nice ideas there Jonas. I agree that the ministers should be given something worthwile to do. Also the suggestions for the GC could bring a little bit extra to the game.

Currently - Ultores
`mac^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2007, 19:28   #4
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Good post, good ideas

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2007, 19:59   #5
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

i love the differentness of some of the ideas but it seems that in most cases it will only make the richer richer and the poorer poorer.

A galaxy of dist whores with the cons thing would also be horribly hard to hit.
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2007, 21:31   #6
Nofutcha
Airvatar

Nofutcha will become famous soon enoughNofutcha will become famous soon enough

i think these are some pretty nice ideas.

#phnx
Nofutcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2007, 22:19   #7
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

yes... yes... good post indeed...

some look TOO powerfull, especially in the beginnign of the round.

Maybe initiating priorities of the galaxy would need certain research done by 4-5 planets (more then just BP) or cost x amount of resources that is taken out of galaxy fund ? just so it wount give an unfair advantage to someone (coz thats what PA is supposed ot be about)
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2007, 04:00   #8
myk
PA Team

myk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to behold

I like the ideas put forward by you Jonas, however I would like more ideas than a galaxy defence fleet as something for the MoW to do. I am not saying I dislike the idea of galaxy defence fleet, because I actually like it, but I am sure there is something better the minister could do.

-myk-

[email protected]
myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2007, 17:29   #9
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

How about the MoW twiddle his thumbs like the job description of the position was for a long time now?
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 04:14   #10
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinA
How about the MoW twiddle his thumbs like the job description of the position was for a long time now?
Hah, you being a lazy MoW this rnd?

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 11:00   #11
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

I like the general ideas presented here, and they would *vaguely* speaking fit into the general future plans for the game

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 11:49   #12
Bane
Shadows and Dust

Bane is on a distinguished road

Just...don't give the ministers and commander any resource bonuses, they should be getting admin rights and privileges instead .

R3 or so - Cell/Elysium
Looong break
R20 - Orbit
R21 - Subh (Finished rank 58)
8 year break
R60 - ND -> Ultores (Finished rank 48)
R61 - Rogues

14:05 <Swing> I wear a cape and a burger king paper crown when i play pa
14:10 <Zwanstic> u also talk alot of shit
14:14 <Blue_Esper> you're a weird unit
12:33 <hone> oddr is where we send all the semi retarded and gay bashing ult has beens LOL
12:34 <hone> thats where u should be swing lol
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 13:46   #13
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

I seen all these setting in a game kenny asked me to play a while back.

I will have to check my logs for the name of that game but what he posted is taked direct from that game

but all in all I think it is a good idea.

I checked my logs and it is called netwars.

www.netwars.sampit.de
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history

Last edited by Ace; 22 Feb 2007 at 14:38.
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 15:20   #14
MAsta_MArk
Welsh palestinian!

MAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to behold

I like these ideas but i think they could be way to powerful at the start of the round, maybe introduce them at tick 148?
also the MoW idea i like, it would make relations ingal needed, make it a max of 2 fleets that he can command and make them only able to do fake/def missions so they cant be used as support attacks.
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 15:53   #15
Sharur
..yet opinionated

Sharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
I like the general ideas presented here, and they would *vaguely* speaking fit into the general future plans for the game
The future plans being promissing great new changes but never implementing them. Just stupid ones enough to frustrate the players but not make them quit and keeping them paying with the promis of something that will most likely never happen. So the playerbase keeps as high as humanly possible for a dead game so jolt can milk it as long as possible?
Those plans?
Sharur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 17:30   #16
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Lets not start pushing old ideas that failed originally and would fail again for the same reasons. The MoW only exists because of the original GDF and rather than trying to keep coming up with ways to give him something to do what is needed is a rethink of how the ministers are implemented.

Now PA is a 24 hour game but the galaxy minister system doesn't really take that into account. If I need a donation from the gal fund and but im in a timezone where I don't see the MoD it can be hard to get the resources i need, if theres something on the forums that needs removed but its a time when the moc isn't on then its left and if you give the MoW duties the problem arises for him.

Now ask yourself what exactly is the need or use of having a single person able to do most of the ministers jobs (well 2 with the GC). It makes alot more sense for minister roles to be generic, your not a MoC or a MoD or a MoW but simply just a Minister. You have access to all the minister roles and then the chance of total coverage is vastly increased.

Once you have done that then your in a position to give the ministers and the GC more to do so as to make the galaxy more of a unit.
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 18:24   #17
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharur
The future plans being promissing great new changes but never implementing them. Just stupid ones enough to frustrate the players but not make them quit and keeping them paying with the promis of something that will most likely never happen. So the playerbase keeps as high as humanly possible for a dead game so jolt can milk it as long as possible?
Those plans?
The plans we announced for this year that we have so far stuck to.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 18:35   #18
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Good ideas; anything to bring back more galaxy-based play/cooperation is a good thing.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote