User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 Dec 2006, 17:37   #1
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Last week of PA R19

We've entered the last week of Planetarion, can anyone remember last time the round was to close to call when there was only one week left of the round?

In my opinion having three alliances fighting for the win this round is just healthy.
Unread 2 Dec 2006, 17:47   #2
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Last week of PA R19

Is it a close call really?

Sure, eXilition is loosing roids.

For the how many days in the run now.

Yet, the score gap has expanded from 6mil where it was to 8mil again, which takes more than a million per day climbing. Why is it? Perhaps some lemming blood in ponies today?
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2006, 18:18   #3
cura
Pro. Elbow Licker

cura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to behold

I'd say the tagging of 2 extra members today.
cura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2006, 18:55   #4
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

last time I remember the round being close at the end was R15 where eXi and their 4 friends/peons hit ND hard and won in the last week or so
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2006, 19:36   #5
add100
add

add100 has a spectacular aura aboutadd100 has a spectacular aura about

this is when ND/FO hit exil down but go down them self and tof win
r21 Wolfpack
r22 Jenova
r23 Destiny
add100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2006, 19:59   #6
GrandAdm Thrawn

GrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by add100
omg, someone leaked our masterplan
GrandAdm Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2006, 21:38   #7
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by add100
Whatever your sniffing I want a double shot !!
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2006, 23:27   #8
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

fo's biggest members are hitting stray targets. Not exil. Its a difference between close and matter of time. We knew exil would win when they said they would play at the winners ceremony. I guess I am happy that they didn't blow us all out.
Unread 3 Dec 2006, 01:45   #9
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
fo's biggest members are hitting stray targets. Not exil. Its a difference between close and matter of time. We knew exil would win when they said they would play at the winners ceremony. I guess I am happy that they didn't blow us all out.
Actually, if you've paid attention, FO's biggest members and eXilition's biggest members are cross defending each other against corresponding hostile incomings. FO defending eXilition against FO/ND, eXilition defending FO against eXilition attacks. Cheesecake?
Unread 3 Dec 2006, 01:51   #10
Digiscent
KiLLa

Digiscent is infamous around these partsDigiscent is infamous around these parts

its obvious tof is gaining the most, for obvious reasons...
someone bash their asses
R4:Oh to be A Pepsi Bottle(285:19)[Bluetubas][Pepsi]#6
R5:Lothlórien (28:16)[Wolfpack]#58
R6: (17:2)[NoS]
R7: (9:25)[NoS][Pepsi]
R9: (49:1)[Seraphim]
R9.5:[LDK] [S] [Oly] [Ely] [ETY](30:8)[Seraphim]#10
R19:Sexy Mandolin(1:5)[TGV]#7
R22:The Dutchmaster of Tallahassee(18:10:4)[ROCK]#111
R23:TheKing of Kush(12:2:4)[ROCK]#69
R24:Thoughts of Murder(6:7:1)[ROCK]#65
R26:President Obama of Yes We Can(4:3:9)[Jenova]#200
R30:President Obama of The United States (1:4:15)[CT]
Digiscent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2006, 02:20   #11
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

well thx god the round is over its have been a boring round with politics that sucked pnaps etc not my kind of cake really :/
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2006, 12:59   #12
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Well, it has definitly made an exiciting end of round for R19, with the FO/ND hitting eX which will make Top Spot interesting as you can see it is getting closer, unless eX has got like 10+members who are joining tag it is going to be really close, but no doubt eX has a plan

i must said i have enjoyed watching this round progress, and playing

however i think there has definitly been some crazy political descisions

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2006, 13:35   #13
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

eXilition will still win
Unread 3 Dec 2006, 14:21   #14
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA
Well, it has definitly made an exiciting end of round for R19, with the FO/ND hitting eX which will make Top Spot interesting as you can see it is getting closer, unless eX has got like 10+members who are joining tag it is going to be really close, but no doubt eX has a plan

i must said i have enjoyed watching this round progress, and playing

however i think there has definitly been some crazy political descisions
well the rats leaving ships like hell atm so its really no fight for exi to win and have never been either,

ND are a bunch of tools too with their suicide landings giveing salvage and ships to them
Unread 3 Dec 2006, 14:44   #15
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Yeah, eXi decided this into their favour this night.
Unread 3 Dec 2006, 14:44   #16
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

today brought out the best in nd, lch, xvx and all those sort of alliances who went out of their way to consolidate an exilition victory. good work guys, i had full confidence in your kingmaking abilities!
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2006, 14:49   #17
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
today brought out the best in nd, lch, xvx and all those sort of alliances who went out of their way to consolidate an exilition victory. good work guys, i had full confidence in your kingmaking abilities!
They sure know how to boost morale in their enemies. And this time they can't blame a golden roid.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2006, 14:51   #18
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
They sure know how to boost morale in their enemies. And this time they can't blame a golden roid.
The golden roid one was still profitable actually, although we probably shouldn't have landed that one, I only got up 20 mins for landing so didn't spot it

It was probably Barrow's only major error of what's been a fantastic round for him, i think he's played really well all round as an HC in spite of what's gone on around him.

The most recent crash was pretty rubbish, who ever decided that needs taking out, beating, thrashed, then beaten again.
Unread 3 Dec 2006, 14:52   #19
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

Yes! We in xVx are proud to have been able to help eXi win! I'm sure eXi will agree that thanks to us being one of their most hostile alliances up untill the point where FO and ND started hitting them, we consolidated their position and allowed them to win.
Unread 3 Dec 2006, 15:03   #20
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
The golden roid one was still profitable actually, although we probably shouldn't have landed that one, I only got up 20 mins for landing so didn't spot it
Barrow is a great bloke, and I still owe him a lot for the great laugh he gave me in pm, when he realized he crashed because of a production roid. He's all around been a rather nice guy to work with.

But thing is, whether that crash was profitable or not, it gave a planet huge salvage, eXilition peons something to laugh at (Admittedly I laughed too), a morale boost, and it crashed a whole lot of corvette that we could probably use more productively right now. All around ND seems like a great bunch of guys, but you really shouldn't do all these crashes (Though I'm sure you already know that). Stoom has been pretty reliable in pasting me battlereports of every crash you have done so far (Thanks mate!), and it really has been disheartening. I also think it might well have improved morale in eXilition a lot. Round isn't over yet though, but it's a lot of catching up to do, and it doesn't seem all that good right now.

Unread 3 Dec 2006, 15:09   #21
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Barrow is a great bloke, and I still owe him a lot for the great laugh he gave me in pm, when he realized he crashed because of a production roid. He's all around been a rather nice guy to work with.

But thing is, whether that crash was profitable or not, it gave a planet huge salvage, eXilition peons something to laugh at (Admittedly I laughed too), a morale boost, and it crashed a whole lot of corvette that we could probably use more productively right now.
No shit, like I said had I known I'd have said pull, as the gain was marginal, and wasn't worth fleets lost. He's had to put up with a lot of shit from people like mobrulz and his own alliance and he's dealt with it pretty well.

Quote:
All around ND seems like a great bunch of guys, but you really shouldn't do all these crashes (Though I'm sure you already know that). Stoom has been pretty reliable in pasting me battlereports of every crash you have done so far (Thanks mate!), and it really has been disheartening. I also think it might well have improved morale in eXilition a lot. Round isn't over yet though, but it's a lot of catching up to do, and it doesn't seem all that good right now.
Crashes have plagued us early on, we put a stop to it, got #1 then suddenly it's reared it's ugly head when we didn't need it.

All we can do is try to get it right, and that's it.
Unread 3 Dec 2006, 15:12   #22
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
Actually, if you've paid attention, FO's biggest members and eXilition's biggest members are cross defending each other against corresponding hostile incomings. FO defending eXilition against FO/ND, eXilition defending FO against eXilition attacks. Cheesecake?
More like the usual shitness that today's High commands almost never act upon.
Unread 3 Dec 2006, 15:23   #23
qebab
The Original Carebear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
More like the usual shitness that today's High commands almost never act upon.

Check the numbercount here. "Almost" indeed.

Unread 3 Dec 2006, 16:29   #24
Amycus
Flame me...

Amycus will become famous soon enoughAmycus will become famous soon enough

The end of the round has been great I have to agree, but I expect exi to win mainly because if they go down, they have room to add people to tag.

What would be nice is if this kind of action would take place all round next round.
r4: [Tuba]HC
r11: [SiN]
r12: [SiN]HC
r13: [eX]
r19: [TGV]
r20: Destiny
r21: What? Are you kidding?

Ooooomph! Come back Noah02!
Amycus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2006, 17:37   #25
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1
well the rats leaving ships like hell atm so its really no fight for exi to win and have never been either,

ND are a bunch of tools too with their suicide landings giveing salvage and ships to them
Yes its very bad, lots of slim in the game at the moment, i just hope FO/ND can still keep hitting eX for an interesting end to the round...

should be fun to watch nehows

Unread 3 Dec 2006, 17:45   #26
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Didn't he leave himself? Or did you kick him or what?
Unread 3 Dec 2006, 17:48   #27
qebab
The Original Carebear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
Didn't he leave himself? Or did you kick him or what?
He left the alliance this morning, after having been given a warning for defending against his own alliance. This morning he did it again, second offense == exit. He left before I came online to kick him.

Unread 3 Dec 2006, 17:52   #28
CBA
Mind-boggling

yeh i heard thats alot of trouble, big players def each other from enemy alliances...

very bad...

although i am culprit of it as well.

Unread 3 Dec 2006, 18:38   #29
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA
although i am culprit of it as well.
You're a VisioN officer. Defending against your own alliance.

Do you just have no self-respect or something?
Unread 3 Dec 2006, 18:43   #30
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

we have seen it throughout the round. alliances have become too important to the game, and the players obviously dont like it, thus putting friends above alliances, and deffing against their own alliance. whats next: hardcode into the game u cant def a planet that has incs from ur tag?(no, that was not a suggestion)

next round we had better see private galaxies to save some of the memberbase, or else i can see loads of ppl leaving never to come back.
Unread 3 Dec 2006, 19:08   #31
robban1

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo
we have seen it throughout the round. alliances have become too important to the game, and the players obviously dont like it, thus putting friends above alliances, and deffing against their own alliance. whats next: hardcode into the game u cant def a planet that has incs from ur tag?(no, that was not a suggestion)

next round we had better see private galaxies to save some of the memberbase, or else i can see loads of ppl leaving never to come back.
well the retarded mongos should for once try to play with their m8's (=same allie) instead of having secret naps within the groups kinda ruins the idea with allies in the first place.

anyone who recruit those guys should know they are dead weight then it get rough, so useless ppl for an allie to have

dunno if they such assholes in rl, if so, i pity them
Unread 3 Dec 2006, 19:23   #32
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
well the retarded mongos should for once try to play with their m8's (=same allie) instead of having secret naps within the groups kinda ruins the idea with allies in the first place.

anyone who recruit those guys should know they are dead weight then it get rough, so useless ppl for an allie to have

dunno if they such assholes in rl, if so, i pity them
Could not agree more. If you want to play with your friends, you can buddypack with them and/or join the same alliance as they are.
Unread 3 Dec 2006, 19:33   #33
qebab
The Original Carebear

There are a couple of people I would go to great lengths to help out in this game. Defending against my own alliance for them is crossing the line. Especially in this case, where we are actually speaking about defending a person who is currently roiding members of your own alliance.

That simply isn't acceptable. Your alliance is your primary source of defense, your primary source of attacks, and it deserves something for the effort it puts into helping your planet. Defending against it is not what it deserves.

Unread 3 Dec 2006, 19:46   #34
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

to be honest I LOVE attacking my friends in pa, its one of the only enjoyable things left about it, if they whine and bitch about it, they simply arent worth knowing
Unread 3 Dec 2006, 19:48   #35
robban1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
to be honest I LOVE attacking my friends in pa, its one of the only enjoyable things left about it, if they whine and bitch about it, they simply arent worth knowing
well atleast you dont pnap them cudos to that
Unread 3 Dec 2006, 19:49   #36
qebab
The Original Carebear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
Pfff. I would whine and bitch about it and setup a fleetcatch on you in return. Am I not worth knowing?

Edit: Actually I don't think I could get myself to fleetcatch you darling <3

Unread 3 Dec 2006, 23:27   #37
GrandAdm Thrawn

GrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandows
Yes! We in xVx are proud to have been able to help eXi win! I'm sure eXi will agree that thanks to us being one of their most hostile alliances up untill the point where FO and ND started hitting them, we consolidated their position and allowed them to win.
I already wondered who were the d***f**** who did that for eXi
Unread 4 Dec 2006, 00:21   #38
Amycus
Flame me...

This all comes down to what i've already said about the problem with pa being how people have come to play the game.

The only way to fix that is to make it not worth their while to be dirty.

Unread 4 Dec 2006, 00:26   #39
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo

For once I kinda agree with a point robban made; if you can, play with yer mates.

Otherwise, I always found it best to treat PA like the game it is... your in game loyalty lies with your team, even if your friend's planet suffers, it's only a game.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2006, 00:52   #40
qebab
The Original Carebear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amycus
This all comes down to what i've already said about the problem with pa being how people have come to play the game.

The only way to fix that is to make it not worth their while to be dirty.
This is not a burden we can put at the feet of the PA team though. It's something the community can, and should do something about.

Personally, I would like that alliances stopped offering planetnaps, I would like that shipjumpers didn't get accepted into new alliances, and alliances rewarding teamplay like they should.

This is doable. But people want to win too badly.

Unread 4 Dec 2006, 02:17   #41
Amycus
Flame me...

That is the problem though. People will do what they can until it becomes less appealing to them.

Unread 4 Dec 2006, 02:31   #42
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

but what if you have no mates like jer then what do you do :crymeariver:
Unread 4 Dec 2006, 02:52   #43
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

life is unfair. kill yourself, or get over it!
Unread 4 Dec 2006, 19:18   #44
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
well atleast you dont pnap them cudos to that
Knowing Alki, he probably does. Just to catch them off-guard, so they'll whine even more..

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2006, 20:18   #45
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
This is not a burden we can put at the feet of the PA team though. It's something the community can, and should do something about.

Personally, I would like that alliances stopped offering planetnaps, I would like that shipjumpers didn't get accepted into new alliances, and alliances rewarding teamplay like they should.

This is doable. But people want to win too badly.
Galaxies are too big, too strong in compared to the playerbase. An average alliance has no way of holding on a threat of dealing with a shipjumper necessarily, a strong galaxy may even fend an alliance off. Also, the increasing strength of galaxies is making people put their galaxy ahead of their alliance.

Back in the old days, a powerful alliance would smash any galaxy left or right. Now it somewhat seems different, or I'm wearing some pink glasses.

Cut them down if you want to move more alliance motivated, go for private galaxies or similar settings if you want even further galaxy emphasis over alliance emphasis.
Unread 5 Dec 2006, 13:32   #46
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
You're a VisioN officer. Defending against your own alliance.

Do you just have no self-respect or something?
actaully i do have self-respect, and in fact i did not def against VsN but against ToF and FO, also in both cases i recalled eventually... but all i was doing was giving a bit of slack to those who support galaxys

Unread 5 Dec 2006, 19:55   #47
Amycus
Flame me...

Your galaxy is your last line of defense. They are like your brothers who work at different places (alliances). Personally I am a big supporter for galaxy > alliance, but as I've come to find out it seems i'm a dying breed.

I would like to see something done. Maybe a private cluster thing set up, 50 man alliances, 5 galaxy clusters, 10 planet galaxies. Then you wouldn't have to see in your irc channel, "uh my alliance is hitting you guys tonight, don't expect def from me, gl haha"

Or whatever really. Something that works.

I think I went off topic sorry. :P

Unread 5 Dec 2006, 20:52   #48
GrandAdm Thrawn

I think shared loyalities are fun

why not cancel the ally-bonus for defense, this means obv. bringing back cluster alliances

in return give some advantages if you attack together with an allymate, say your ships are 10% more effective if you attack same tick with a mate

so gal and cluster are for defense and allys for attack, that should bring some fun in the game
Unread 5 Dec 2006, 21:27   #49
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'd have thought that 10+ rounds were enough to make people realise that cluster alliances stop working after the first 2 days when noone can be bothered to run it and noone can be bothered to send defence, as everyone puts their alliance/galaxy first.

I guess another 10 rounds are needed to drum in the point!
Unread 5 Dec 2006, 21:37   #50
Amycus
Flame me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I'd have thought that 10+ rounds were enough to make people realise that cluster alliances stop working after the first 2 days when noone can be bothered to run it and noone can be bothered to send defence, as everyone puts their alliance/galaxy first.

I guess another 10 rounds are needed to drum in the point!

That is why I suggested private clusters for alliances.

I mean think about it. This is a space game. Do you really think that if we were in this place that there would be a planet on one side of the universe and an ally planet on the other side of the universe? Maybe a few but the bulk is going to be in a close zone.