User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 5 Oct 2005, 19:30   #1
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute
Predictions R15

Ok that "Alliance Blocking" thread has gone on long enough over the events of last round, lets now look to the future

As per usual, give your predictions as to how next round rankings will be

Let the discussion/flame fest begin

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 19:35   #2
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all
Re: Predictions R15

1. EXilition
2. Angels
3. NewDawn
4. 1up
5. LCH
6. Reunion
7. ToF
8. xVx
9. Orbit
10. Vgn

Bite me
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 19:39   #3
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligFree
3. NewDawn
4. 1up

Bite me
dont think ND will end above 1up

depending how LCH's restructure goes, and they dont throw themselves in with 1up or eX from the beginning, I would expect them to get top5 or maybe 3

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Unread 5 Oct 2005, 19:46   #4
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Try and give some reasons guys. Makes it a bit more of a discussion don't you know?

Personally I reckon this round will be a very close run thing. Exilition (is it official they're playing yet? nobody tells me anything ) will no doubt come back strong and full of enthusiasm. 1up will most definitely not want to see exilition win both rounds they've played. ND, Reunion and Angels all look very capable. I'd probably back exilition as I think the anti-1up sentiment will make things difficult for them.
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 19:53   #5
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

I think 1up will struggle next round.

It seems to me they are lacking friends for Round 15. Whilst ND is not going so petty that we will hit 1up because they beat us, I can see a smaller 1up memberbase struggling against a more motivated eXilition. The difference in R15 to previous rounds is that there are a lot of alliances who want to be more independant, and not want to just nap the top alliances and try to ride their wave.

I think eXilition will win R15. Angels 2nd. ND 3rd. I don't expect LCH to perform well. If ToT are playing then I expect them to do similar to R13, but with a higher ending rank. If they aren't, it will make eXi stronger, as I guess thats where a lot of them will play.
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 19:58   #6
Celebrant
All is lost all is lost:P

Celebrant is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
9. Orbit
10. Vgn

Bite me
I really hope Orbit get that high!! Would be a victory for everyone that tries to form a new alliance

[1up]
Celebrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 20:07   #7
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

I see Exilition using the anti 1up feeling that comes with any victory and use lesser skilled and dedicated alliances to get themselves to the top like they did round 13. I think Angels will be closely tied with Exilition and therefore removing any chance they have of winning, (as in r13) as they simply will never out play Exilition without opposing them directly.

I think ND will fall back at 5-6th place as it seems they will act with their feelings instead of what will benefit them the most (from what their HC says in this and other threads) and they will pay greatly for that.

In short: I think Exilition will win with Angels a few steps behind.

Last edited by Treveler; 5 Oct 2005 at 22:31.
Treveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 20:16   #8
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
I see Exilition using the anti 1up feeling that comes with any victory and use lesser skilled and dedicated alliances to get themselves to the top like they did round 13. I think Angels will be closely tied with Exilition and therefore removing any chance they have of winning, (as in r13) as they simply will never out play Exilition without opposing them directly.

I think ND will fall back at 5-6th place as it seems they will act with their feelings instead of what will benefit them the most (from what their HC says in this and other threads) and they will pay greatly for that.

In short: I think Exilition will win with Angels a few steps step behind.
1) I am not ND HC.
2) Anyways, I said in this thread that we would not let petty feelings get in the way of what is good for us.
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 20:28   #9
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
I think 1up will struggle next round.

It seems to me they are lacking friends for Round 15. Whilst ND is not going so petty that we will hit 1up because they beat us, I can see a smaller 1up memberbase struggling against a more motivated eXilition. The difference in R15 to previous rounds is that there are a lot of alliances who want to be more independant, and not want to just nap the top alliances and try to ride their wave.

I think eXilition will win R15. Angels 2nd. ND 3rd. I don't expect LCH to perform well. If ToT are playing then I expect them to do similar to R13, but with a higher ending rank. If they aren't, it will make eXi stronger, as I guess thats where a lot of them will play.
Then tell me who are Exilition likely to recruit to help them in their dirty work then? LCH simply isn't as strong as previous rounds so that leaves Angels and ND to help Exilition take down 1up - unless everyone here is assuming Exilition are better than 1up one-on-one which has not been proven. Infact, such a thing was shown to be untrue in R13 as 1up held it's own against Exilition keeping them down in the rankings.

Regardless, 1up will play and make best of any situation. After all, if it takes the majority of the playing universe to take us down and then they sit back to allow Exilition to win comfortably yet again - we can be proud of ourselves.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 20:33   #10
The_Fish
ND

R13 is not R15. They have had a rounds break and will be more determined to beat 1up than vice versa, imo.

And as ND showed this round, we are not prepared to let someone run away with the round, whilst we can still stop it happening.
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 20:47   #11
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Then tell me who are Exilition likely to recruit to help them in their dirty work then? LCH simply isn't as strong as previous rounds so that leaves Angels and ND to help Exilition take down 1up - unless everyone here is assuming Exilition are better than 1up one-on-one which has not been proven. Infact, such a thing was shown to be untrue in R13 as 1up held it's own against Exilition keeping them down in the rankings.

Regardless, 1up will play and make best of any situation. After all, if it takes the majority of the playing universe to take us down and then they sit back to allow Exilition to win comfortably yet again - we can be proud of ourselves.
No need for patting yourself on the shoulder for losing m8.

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 20:50   #12
Stifler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio
We haven't lost yet (if we are destined to..)

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Unread 5 Oct 2005, 20:53   #13
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio
*scoff* 1up does not intend on losing anything. We'll fight. We've proven ourselves in that department many times already.

Fish also forgets that Exilition were 'more motivated' in R13 also. They prepared for what - a month before R13? 1up had 0 preperation for that round - we had to phone Sid up at his local pub the day before tick start

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 20:57   #14
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
*scoff* 1up does not intend on losing anything. We'll fight. We've proven ourselves in that department many times already.

Fish also forgets that Exilition were 'more motivated' in R13 also. They prepared for what - a month before R13? 1up had 0 preperation for that round - we had to phone Sid up at his local pub the day before tick start
An alliance just entering PA for the first time taking some time to prepare themselves for the round ...

Sorry, did I miss something here?

Edit: btw... that is class though

Last edited by Squidly; 5 Oct 2005 at 21:02.
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 21:04   #15
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Just because we Nap'd Exi last time around, it doesnt mean we will do the same this round...People seem to assume we obey Exilition IIRC there weren't too many Angels who liked being Nap'd to Exi rd13.

anyway, i see it as being 1 of 3 allies, 1up, Exilition n Angels(bias ofc) winning this round....
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 21:07   #16
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
An alliance just entering PA for the first time taking some time to prepare themselves for the round ...

Sorry, did I miss something here?
Yes you did - the majority/core of eXilition had worked with eachother before. They were hardly new to Planetarion. They prepared for r13 and that showed for their round. I don't support the notion that they are going to be even more prepared for this round, as I can't see how more than a months preperation can be overcome.

What is -your- point exactly? That a months preperation before a round is "standard" for every alliance?

eXilition will come into R15 strong. I am not debating that, but even this strong eXilition was unable to beat 1up one on one. So why are people suddenly making the wild prediction that they can do it this time one-on-one?

The only reason given as been a "more motivation" factor. I'd say the 1up membership will be motivated for R15 also - especially with an enemy like eXilition. (assuming that ofcourse, we -are- enemies)

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 21:32   #17
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

1up will win, they're the best aren't they?

So yeah i'm going for 1up.
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 22:04   #18
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

Lokken told me to tell you you're all gay, I don't know why and he really did!
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 22:29   #19
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

err... zhil... did you just try and get away with: "Exilition beat us because we chose not to prepare ahead of time" ? Maybe I misread here

Edit: I can't zpell to save my life.
Edit2: this is in fact a joke btw Zhil... Just ignore me
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 23:46   #20
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

uhm.. Wasnt this a PREDICTION thread?
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 23:47   #21
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

1. Angels
2. Newdawn
3. 1up
4. exiltion
5. Reunion
6. ToF
7. Vengence
8. LCH

Just to be "alternative".
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 00:09   #22
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

haha...yet again no insomnia predictions :/

ahh well lol

we shall jump out of obscurity and shock you all once again

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 00:21   #23
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Hehe i thought about Insomnia when i did my predictions but i wasnt sure if you guys intended to play. Id have placed you up in top 4-7 probably on mine.

But yeah 1up's arrogance seems to grow greater with every post. You played well this round, but tbh who did you have to beat? What sort of massive incoming did you really receive? Yes i know that its our fault that you didnt receive this incoming.And ND sux for being such wankers after sucking 1up's e-penis for 2 rounds previously we decide to play our way.And now were all of a sudden an untrustworthy alliance with little to no honour? Pffft
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 00:57   #24
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

I expect 1up to end third at best this round.
I think that the three best alliances will be eXilition, 1up and Angels.
I think ND will want a bit of revenge at 1up, even if they say they don't hold grudges.
ND and Reunion are my bets for #4 and #5. That is, if Reunion keeps the Hydra players.
I don't think LCH will be able to make it top5, many good players left them, and i don't think they can get a quality member base to finish top5. They will end #6 or #7.
The second half of the top 10 will probably be LCH, Insomnia, ToF, xVx and ToT if they play, if not, NoS.

That's my bet
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 00:57   #25
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society
Thumbs up Re: Predictions R15

I predict Stifler is gonna make 1up fall apart
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 01:00   #26
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Hehe i thought about Insomnia when i did my predictions but i wasnt sure if you guys intended to play. Id have placed you up in top 4-7 probably on mine.

But yeah 1up's arrogance seems to grow greater with every post. You played well this round, but tbh who did you have to beat? What sort of massive incoming did you really receive? Yes i know that its our fault that you didnt receive this incoming.And ND sux for being such wankers after sucking 1up's e-penis for 2 rounds previously we decide to play our way.And now were all of a sudden an untrustworthy alliance with little to no honour? Pffft

who did you have to beat to get 2nd? can't ask us that without asking the same of yourself....we had to beat you right?

we covered over 3100 calls...... so we had some incoming
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 01:01   #27
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
I think ND will want a bit of revenge at 1up, even if they say they don't hold grudges.
Grudges aren't to our advantage though, it only makes people hostile for no reason but our own grudge.

So why do it? There is no logic to it.

It makes more sense to treat everyone the same.
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 01:21   #28
Treveler

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Grudges aren't to our advantage though, it only makes people hostile for no reason but our own grudge.

So why do it? There is no logic to it.

It makes more sense to treat everyone the same.
Sometimes grudges get so strong that it gets more important to see someone else lose that yourself win. Not much for logic and it certainly don’t make much sense. Time will tell if ND falls into this category
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 01:27   #29
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
who did you have to beat to get 2nd? can't ask us that without asking the same of yourself....we had to beat you right?

So either beating ND is an achievement, or everyone outside 1up is rubbish, so your win wasn't an achievement.

Give over, that's pants logic son. If it's the former, your post seems entirely futile if it's meant to knock ND, if it's the second, well I think your post speaks for itself about who's achieving and bragging about what exactly.

You had some incoming. We got a few hours in bed. I'm not going to argue with that.

Quote:
Sometimes grudges get so strong that it gets more important to see someone else lose that yourself win. Not much for logic and it certainly don’t make much sense. Time will tell if ND falls into this category
don't think ND will give you that much credit.
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 01:55   #30
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Assuming you are faced between letting go of your grudges and winning as opposed to holding grudges and losing, yes, it would make no sense. But that's generally not the case, you can have revenge and win, or you can decide to forget your grudges and still lose. As far as it doesn't get in the way of an alliance higher goals or against their best interests, i don't see how some payback is bad.
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 02:11   #31
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
So either beating ND is an achievement, or everyone outside 1up is rubbish, so your win wasn't an achievement.

Give over, that's pants logic son. If it's the former, your post seems entirely futile if it's meant to knock ND, if it's the second, well I think your post speaks for itself about who's achieving and bragging about what exactly.
First of all, don't call me son, you haven't earned the right, and your certainly no where near old enough, good bet I was playing soldier when you were still crapping in your diapers, or atleast reading Dick and Jane books in grade school.

Second, I responded to a post where a member of ND said, "who'd you beat" and simply asked him the same question.

in reference to your first option....Winning a round is an achievment, simply stated, we did. If the later of your choices are true, then you support the possability that ND got 2nd place by default....so I'll let you make that call.
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 02:13   #32
Treveler

It is bad if acting on your grudges put you in a worse situation then if you played everyone equal. If you have a pre set enemy that you know you will fight head on, building up a grudge can even work as a strong motivator.

In this case I doubt ND can get their revenge and win.

There is clearly a grudge building up here tho, and I doubt it will be in 1up or ND`s best interest.
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 02:22   #33
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
First of all, don't call me son, you haven't earned the right, and your certainly no where near old enough, good bet I was playing soldier when you were still crapping in your diapers, or atleast reading Dick and Jane books in grade school.
Lokken calls a lot of people son. It's just a phrase, I hardly think he means anything insulting by it.
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 02:30   #34
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

Well, we just have your word for this..
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 02:39   #35
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

Angels will never reach such a high rank again if they get involved in any real fight at all!

1up will for sure give a damn good fight against....... whoever got the guts to fight!
Lets hope there is some next round

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 03:07   #36
lokken
BlueTuba

Get revenge for what, exactly?

Finishing ahead of us. Oh no. Not as if a zillion alliances haven't finished ahead of us previous.

Give over. Only thing ND gives a monkeys about is ND's progress and what we do. What is it during round 14? Tons. Got more to do? Plenty. They've got an even tougher job in my book.

But still much better than what we turned out in round 13. Ironically, you'll find that angryduck was in charge at the time. Despite the utter self defeating logic of his posts, I don't think I need to say anymore as to why I'm highly amused by any of the expert analysis he offers on ND.
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 03:12   #37
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

truth is, atleast in Round 13, ND didn't give up, and faught their asses off....with 1 active HC trying to do 4 billion things to keep things going..... We launched fleets at Exi and company from tick 72 till the last tick. Was quite proud of the ND membership considering what they were up against all round. I however find it amusing how people that wouldn't step up to do a damn thing but have an opinion and post an AD can sit here and criticise those who actually put in the work and tried to do something

Last edited by aNgRyDuCk; 6 Oct 2005 at 03:24. Reason: spelling
aNgRyDuCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 03:24   #38
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:

How have I been arrogant exactly? I haven't. I've spoken about 1up weaknesses for the round and tried to dispel the entire 1up are gods myth. Hell, even in the end of ceremony I said that it was expected for 1up to be organized (as it is, noone can claim they expect 1up to be unorganized) and that I don't personally believe 1up is any more organized than other alliances nowadays (That was a compliment to other alliances - I never got to expand upon my point during the end of round ceremony)

Our 'massive' incoming was really limited to earlier in the round when LCH/Insomnia/Hydra were arrayed against us. We had incoming throughout the round, we arent saying it was 'easy' - infact from our totals in the tools being around 3100 after discounting HC totals by half (due to them not being deleted from the round before) it looks like we had more calls this round than last.

We beat the other alliances yes, you cannot say to 1up that we had fk all incomings just because ND decided to not get involved. Until 1up launched upon ND you had no real idea to the incoming that both 1up and LCH have had to cope with throughout the round.

You also never sucked 1up e-penis, thats utterly false. I wish Barrow was still around to slap you around for thinking he made such decisions like that. Neither have I said that ND sucks or are wankers.

I have no problem with the way ND played (I personally do not like that way but then as Lokken pointed out, I'm always involved in strong military alliances with considerable depth to them along with keen political skill so I am blinkered to a degree on the harshness of the environment for those who aren't blessed with what I have available at hand ) but my comments were saying ND showed unreliability and thus a degree in lack of trust for R14. Both 1up and LCH HC (from the time) have posted the same thing.

I'm giving harsh criticism, not being hostile.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 03:31   #39
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Well, we just have your word for this..
No, I confirm 1up had 3100 covered calls for R14. Our tools only log the number of covered calls for each defense done. We had around 2900 for R13. This round it was 3100 after adding all the calls together for each Officer and 50% of each HC.

I won't give a number of total calls as I can only support the above claim with figures but even assuming we had only 50% of our covered calls again in uncovered - then thats over 4500 calls in total.

A defense call btw is for a single or multiple attackers on a 1up planet at a specific ETA. If planet X has two attackers at ETA 8 and one attacker at ETA 9 then that is two defense calls not three.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 03:37   #40
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
We launched fleets at Exi and company from tick 72 till the last tick. Was quite proud of the ND membership considering what they were up against all round.
Or put it down to waste their effort in a war that was never ND's business in the first place, and to take the shit for 1up before they got pummeled.

Bravo. Well done there, let me shake you by the hand for that. Round 14 it would have been same again, and we'd have watched LCH and about 2 other alliances trolleying us again before they tried to have a pop at 1up.

Make no mistake, I think you're a fantastic officer/motivator/worker. But you're an absolutely dire commander considering the fact you seemed willing to follow your 1up policy to a dictatorial extent and not let your other HC get a word in. In fact, I'm led to believe you engineered the situation to ensure that Gate (arguably the most hard working and most able ND member) couldn't get command simply because you didn't like him when in reality the majority of ND command disagreed with this. So don't come on here dictating to ND about it's diplomatic policy or infact any of its political choices, cos they've been a damn sight more productive than anything you had to offer and they've got a good rank to prove it. I'm glad you walked. Seriously, quit wasting my time.
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 03:42   #41
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
No, I confirm 1up had 3100 covered calls for R14. Our tools only log the number of covered calls for each defense done. We had around 2900 for R13. This round it was 3100 after adding all the calls together for each Officer and 50% of each HC.
So you basically covered 200 calls more than in round 13 when you guys sucked?

I guess you kind of prove to us all that this round really wasnt anything to be bragging about winning.
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 03:59   #42
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
So you basically covered 200 calls more than in round 13 when you guys sucked?

I guess you kind of prove to us all that this round really wasnt anything to be bragging about winning.
Funny how eXilition rated 1up as the second best alliance for R13 still regardless of our end rank.

There could be a multitude of reasons as to why there were not proportionally alot more covered incomings. One reason is that the incomings on us died down after the collapse of the Insomnia/Hydra/LCH block - whilst in r13 we had alot more incomings to pick from for covering. I believe I posted a 2500 figure or thereabouts at some point during this round so that could give a good indication for anaylsis.

My proof served to discredit any claim that 1up had it 'easy' this round and that we had no incomings plus it stops people like you having a free hand on these boards

I'm not at all sorry for you if you had a bad R14.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 04:13   #43
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Quote:
Or put it down to waste their effort in a war that was never ND's business in the first place, and to take the shit for 1up before they got pummeled.

Bravo. Well done there, let me shake you by the hand for that. Round 14 it would have been same again, and we'd have watched LCH and about 2 other alliances trolleying us again before they tried to have a pop at 1up.

Make no mistake, I think you're a fantastic officer/motivator/worker. But you're an absolutely dire commander considering the fact you seemed willing to follow your 1up policy to a dictatorial extent and not let your other HC get a word in. In fact, I'm led to believe you engineered the situation to ensure that Gate (arguably the most hard working and most able ND member) couldn't get command simply because you didn't like him when in reality the majority of ND command disagreed with this. So don't come on here dictating to ND about it's diplomatic policy or infact any of its political choices, cos they've been a damn sight more productive than anything you had to offer and they've got a good rank to prove it. I'm glad you walked. Seriously, quit wasting my time.

again, you could have helped, you chose to do nothing but sit around with your thumb up your ass and give advice. Exi hit us from day 1 in round 13, we responded, we knew there would be blocks, and we made choices based on that. It required an HC vote, and it was agreed on by the HC. ND was by no means a dictatorship. chosing the Exi/LCH side certainly wasn't an option, and going solo would have done nothing but gotten our asses kicked a lot faster. Because at that point, we would have been unable to respond vs the Exi/LCH block. The war most certainly was our business, as our planets were to fall victim to it. I wasn't ND's External Affairs HC, I didn't make the final call on politics, I simply casted a vote, and had an opinion, as did the other HC members.

I have no problem with Gate, you and I have never spoken about my feelings and thoughts about Gate and his abilities, so you are in no position to comment about it. I have no doubt that Gate worked hard in round 14, and have maintained throughout the last round that I personally felt he was doing a good job for ND. He worked hard running raids for us in previous rounds, and I always believed him capable. I also always felt that regardless of his drive and capabilities, he wasn't prepared to take on the burden and responsability of the office he pursued, and that was my only objection to his rise to command. That concern proved to be correct. He burned himself out.

I always thought very highly of Gate, and my opinions about Gate, and his about me, are our business, so stay out of it.

Your real good at basing opinions on half information, Unfortunately, you don't know everything.

You also seem to forget the #3 finish we worked for with much stiffer alliance competition in r 12. When you want to roll up your sleeves and bust your ass and put in the same hours I do, then you can criticise my decisions and actions, until then, just another opinion, and you know what they say about opinions

Last edited by aNgRyDuCk; 6 Oct 2005 at 04:30.
aNgRyDuCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 04:41   #44
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve

The part that was unproven in Round13 is, how Angels can keep up with eXi in a battle. There are comments of dislike among Angels camp that some or most regret napping with eXi. Prolly apart from incompatibility - Angels were seen as support instead of what they think of themselves as a prime alliance. R15 may be the round, ppl might appreciate Angels' full potential - if they will exercise less politics as they did in r13, and instead show more of their military prowess, to prove how at par they really are in 1up/eXi's class 'in-game', as one claims in 'forums'

Prediction: I see a 3-way block. Prolly 'coz I can't see some alliance like ND nor Angels (to name a few) wanting to be identifed 'again' as support if they join either 1up or eXi's side. This is the round they are ready to have an identity of their own.
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 04:46   #45
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

anyone who rules Angels out makes a huge mistake, this thing certainly isn't about 2 alliances
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 04:48   #46
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by furssie
The part that was unproven in Round13 is, how Angels can keep up with eXi in a battle. There are comments of dislike among Angels camp that some or most regret napping with eXi. Prolly apart from incompatibility - Angels were seen as support instead of what they think of themselves as a prime alliance. R15 may be the round, ppl might appreciate Angels' full potential - if they will exercise less politics as they did in r13, and instead show more of their military prowess, to prove how at par they really are in 1up/eXi's class 'in-game', as one claims in 'forums'
Indeed, I am betting alot of these predictions of 1up being less than top 5 are due to people lumping Angels with eXilition and a grudge match between 1up and ND (which so far only has the support of the fact 1up kicked ND end of R14, which was rather predictable considering the progress of the round and so they will be out for revenge. Likewise, couldn't we also say ND will have a grudge vs eXilition for r13?)

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 04:51   #47
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Funny how eXilition rated 1up as the second best alliance for R13 still regardless of our end rank.

There could be a multitude of reasons as to why there were not proportionally alot more covered incomings. One reason is that the incomings on us died down after the collapse of the Insomnia/Hydra/LCH block - whilst in r13 we had alot more incomings to pick from for covering. I believe I posted a 2500 figure or thereabouts at some point during this round so that could give a good indication for anaylsis.

My proof served to discredit any claim that 1up had it 'easy' this round and that we had no incomings plus it stops people like you having a free hand on these boards

I'm not at all sorry for you if you had a bad R14.

Why the **** are you on AD talking about what Exilition rated YOUR alliance?
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 04:56   #48
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve

At a guess, it's just a reply from a poster who said his alliance sucks, whilst he thinks otherwise - which is a natural and valid cycle in AD?
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 06:06   #49
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
Why the **** are you on AD talking about what Exilition rated YOUR alliance?
Because obviously if I say "my alliance doesnt suck!" I am clearly biased. Kargool is also clearly biased as he posts anti-1up drivel all the time so this time instead of going back and forth like a game of retarded badmington I decided to come back with something else for 1up R13 performance which was considered by the ENEMY to be quite good under difficult situations.

That is why. The comment served my purpose to get rid of the notion that 1up sucked.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 07:49   #50
hobo
Cliff Jumper

hobo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
instead of going back and forth like a game of retarded badmington I decided to come back with something else for 1up R13 performance which was considered by the ENEMY to be quite good under difficult situations.
Indeed, the best compliment is one from your top adversary, as they should know your power better than the rest.

And to keep this post within the thread's original intentions, i predict for next round that lots of ppl will hate 1up, and if exilition decides to play a part in the round, it will be interesting at least
R14-16 1up MO
R30 hirr lemming

May the souls of a thousand furry lemmings take up residence in your cereal.

Last edited by EDog2; 6 Oct 2005 at 07:51. Reason: sp.
hobo is offline   Reply With Quote