User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Dec 2004, 19:47   #1
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
it might be a bad idea but...

im thinking about starting to play pa again, maybe a couple of rounds free game (if they still do that) to see what its like again then go into full pay per play
has it changed much? what are the alliances like now

note to mods: i have put this on GD rather than one of the pa boards cos i only know the people from around here now, i dont know any of the in game type people anymore, and i therefore respect the veiws i will get from the people i know more, so please dont move it
Unread 13 Dec 2004, 19:50   #2
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: it might be a bad idea but...

I wouldnt purely because of the amount of time you will need to play it at a decent level. I havent played the new pa but i assume it is still time consuming.

Play something like Sundayleague.com (assuming you like football)
Unread 13 Dec 2004, 19:51   #3
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

It crossed my mind to get back into the game as well just for the fun, but something is telling me I will regret it badly.

So, I am listening to that voice.
Unread 13 Dec 2004, 19:54   #4
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

i tried to play again, but its a bit crap really. Nationstates is better, you only need to check it every couple of days, the game is more reliable, and it's free.
Unread 13 Dec 2004, 19:59   #5
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The people I know who still play PA claim it's been more interesting the last few rounds. You still need to put in a fairly ill amount of time if you're aiming to play at the very top levels. However you can play the game at a fairly reasonable level without increasing your activity beyond the amount of time you spend on GD. I put in some stupid number of hours on this forum but it's the fact I'll disappear for a few days at a time out drinking or whatever that hasn't made me bother to get a planet this round. Free planets are still done, with certain limits in place. Payment is better than it was r5-7 (or whenever you last played), I think you get 3 credits (rounds) for 10 euro. Alliance wise sid came back two rounds ago with a new alliance called 1up (similar to r4 wolfpack in the number of good players they've got compared to everyone else) and they've won the last two rounds, the current one is ending in a week I think. ND are still around and are competing fairly seriously. Here's a list of the alliances this round. Overall I'd say PA is close to a better game now than it ever was, the real problems lie in the small memberbase and stagnatory nature of alliance-play. If you actually liked the game when you played I'd recommend it though.
Unread 13 Dec 2004, 20:00   #6
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
It crossed my mind to get back into the game as well just for the fun, but something is telling me I will regret it badly.

So, I am listening to that voice.
Me too. It's not about the money even, like it was in the past. I just don't like spending too much time on a game I can never win.

Perhaps I should whack out some clone or something and play old PA with my friends just for kicks.
Unread 13 Dec 2004, 20:06   #7
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

That's the problem for me, I can't play just for fun. When I am into it I want to be in a decent alliance, decent galaxy and I will play to win. Which isn't really a good idea as I am having a nice social life and girlfriend at the moment.
Unread 13 Dec 2004, 20:11   #8
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
That's the problem for me, I can't play just for fun. When I am into it I want to be in a decent alliance, decent galaxy and I will play to win. Which isn't really a good idea as I am having a nice social life and girlfriend at the moment.
Wait until you break up and then start playing heh. Or alternatively get married, don't give a shit what she thinks and start playing!
Unread 13 Dec 2004, 20:13   #9
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

I did something similar some years ago. I won a bloody beta (woah) round by keeping awake for 3 days, in the meanwhile my ex (we owned a house,car,pets etc) was busy making fun with some tosser at her work heh

Not that I regret anything of that part in my life.
Unread 13 Dec 2004, 20:22   #10
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Wait until you break up and then start playing heh. Or alternatively get married, don't give a shit what she thinks and start playing!
or, get a girlfriend from INSIDE THE GAME. Or is that exclusively for ginger Scots?
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2004, 20:25   #11
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Been there already, it's what I did after. No thanks, never again.
Unread 13 Dec 2004, 20:28   #12
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
or, get a girlfriend from INSIDE THE GAME. Or is that exclusively for ginger Scots?
The only good thing about how utterly gay people were into PA is how many amusing stories came out about internet relationships. Game seems to have been involved in at least half of them.
Unread 13 Dec 2004, 20:32   #13
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Speaking as the best pa player in history, I wouldnt advise it tbh.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2004, 20:36   #14
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Are you Sliekas?
Unread 13 Dec 2004, 20:36   #15
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Probably not, what were his round 1 coords?
Unread 13 Dec 2004, 20:39   #16
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

I have no idea, I don't think he was playing yet in round 1.

Also, I was trying to be sarcastic :/
Unread 13 Dec 2004, 20:41   #17
JonnyBGood
Banned

Frag was better than nod!
Unread 13 Dec 2004, 20:41   #18
Nodrog

Quote:
I don't think he was playing yet in round 1.
Unread 13 Dec 2004, 20:41   #19
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's boring as hell.
Unread 13 Dec 2004, 20:48   #20
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: it might be a bad idea but...

Salute the Nodrog.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2004, 21:03   #21
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
hmmm, I might just post your battleship vs tarantula column again.
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 00:06   #22
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

i'm playing this round, i'm in Please Join Me! who are ranked 23rd alliance wise. score wise, i'm not doing that well. haven't even made it to 1mil
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 01:00   #23
Summanus
Banned

Summanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really nice

Quote:
Are you Sliekas?
Isn't Sliekas a cheating LDK scumbag?

I never new Gordon was LDK
Summanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 01:04   #24
JonnyBGood
Banned

Nodrog cheated like hell.

Although I don't think he's lithuanian.
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 01:07   #25
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

dont do it son
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 01:09   #26
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

We could all start playin again and form a GD gal, although we'd all get bored after about a day and quit.
Actually that's a shit idea, so anyone else who was thinkin' that - schtop!
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 01:11   #27
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

I might play next round.
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 01:15   #28
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
We could all start playin again and form a GD gal, although we'd all get bored after about a day and quit.
Actually that's a shit idea, so anyone else who was thinkin' that - schtop!
I was involved in a GD gal. We had me and jboy and nodrog and sarina and plasma and chrism and other people I can't remember that well
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 01:37   #29
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

pa is a lot more fun that it was, just a mere lack of players tbh, but pa has had less, i believe there is what 4k players now. But you can play pro or semi active whatever floats youre boat. I enjoy tbh as do many others, pa is going through a certain renaiscence one could say..
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 01:38   #30
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

Clearly I was the best PA player in all history.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 02:07   #31
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I was involved in a GD gal. We had me and jboy and nodrog and sarina and plasma and chrism and other people I can't remember that well
Wasn't there a TPE gal in round 4? didn't they all fall out or get deleted or exiled or something?

There would be no way i'd get up in the middle of the night to answer a galaxy distress call when I'm with my girlfriend or not home. Sigh, how sad i used to be...

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 02:10   #32
JonnyBGood
Banned

There was indeed a tpe gal in r4. Nod no doubt has many gay stories about it that nobody in particular really wants to hear. Most of them went inactive after a while if I recall correctly.
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 10:44   #33
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

excellent, wow, i know 2 of the top 5 alliances, hehehe
thinking about playing again as i am moving further out of town in january, so will be spending less time around my friends, and more time in the home with my GF, where she generally doesnt mind if i have a computer on in the backround, hence thinking about pa again

thanks a lot jonny btw, that really helped
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 10:45   #34
CoD
(.) (.)

CoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Here's a list of the alliances this round. Overall I'd say PA is close to a better game now than it ever was, the real problems lie in the small memberbase and stagnatory nature of alliance-play. If you actually liked the game when you played I'd recommend it though.

[G-CoD]

I aint played in a few rounds but now they name an alliance after me!
CoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 11:23   #35
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Quote:
There was indeed a tpe gal in r4. Nod no doubt has many gay stories about it that nobody in particular really wants to hear. Most of them went inactive after a while if I recall correctly.

I remember we (Xanadu) had them in our arbiter for some reason, don't know what exactly the reason was, probably ties with Legion. Why am I telling this, hell I don't know, just for old time's sake.
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 14:18   #36
roadrunner_0
cynic

which was the round of parallels rather than clusters? was that round 4?
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 14:19   #37
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Yeah
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 14:23   #38
roadrunner_0
cynic

i was in a GD gal that round then heh
(and in parallel 11, home of the fantastically hated x11x)
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 14:24   #39
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I got stuck in the damn 8th parallel that round. (t8p grr)
Was great fun though, eventually...
That was the last BIG round. and the only round I played all the way through...

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 14:32   #40
roadrunner_0
cynic

i played up to round 10, then left with a massive argument over on AD, that i only posted to wind people up cos i was drunk heh
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 15:52   #41
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

i thought this thread was funny. it's the same funny as ' lets ask for love advice on gd' (though it's changed now since more people seem to be more 'experienced' now.
but 'let me ask a forum of people who don't or never have played pa if i should play pa again'
maybe it's just me :\

but rr i think you should play. i think we should form a GD gal next round and kick ass... or something. at least it could be fun.
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 15:55   #42
roadrunner_0
cynic

a lot of the people on here actually play or have played pa, but thats why i asked for it to be left on here rather than moved, i actually wanted to get people talking about if if they had played or not
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 15:57   #43
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

i know
it was a poor attempt at a joke

anyway.. i've never missed a round. not sure whether to laugh or cry but hey.
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 16:08   #44
roadrunner_0
cynic

seriously? you still play? excellent!
is it getting a bit better nowadays then?
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 16:42   #45
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

You can play alot less actively nowadays. Given that you can only lose value and not XP, some players have about 60-80% of their score in XP, and its only if they don't land anymore attacks that they *might* get knocked out of the top 20

So, yes, alliances still require alot of activity, but you can play solo and still do well
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 16:43   #46
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
note to mods: i have put this on GD rather than one of the pa boards cos i only know the people from around here now, i dont know any of the in game type people anymore, and i therefore respect the veiws i will get from the people i know more, so please dont move it
move it. you know you want to.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 17:34   #47
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
i was in a GD gal that round then heh
(and in parallel 11, home of the fantastically hated x11x)
I remember that.
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 17:38   #48
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

x11x ****ing rocked.

tbh i am only good at speed games, just top 100 at normal :\
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 17:40   #49
JonnyBGood
Banned

PA lost a great deal after r4. There was an entire world underneath the main wars that round. I can remember at least 30 active people I knew who just quit when pay-to-play came in.
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 17:52   #50
roadrunner_0
cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion
x11x ****ing rocked.

tbh i am only good at speed games, just top 100 at normal :\

i can safely say (and i think that i speak for a lot of people when i say this)

x11x were as big a bunch of sneaky backstabbing bastards as this game has ever seen