User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 1 Nov 2003, 16:13   #1
Rainarchy
Ruler of Kardemommeby

Rainarchy is an unknown quantity at this point
What happened to....

It has prolly been a dozen threads about it, but I have been...liek away, so I splash my ignorance anyway:

What happened to the once proud Fury?

Rename?
Merged?
Dissolved?

The whole story please.
Rainarchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2003, 16:22   #2
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about
Re: What happened to....

If you go to irc I'm sure your question will be replied more accurate and faster

#fury still excists
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2003, 16:28   #3
Rainarchy
Ruler of Kardemommeby

Hehe, I thought about mentioning that, but....I have no way of going on IRC as I sit behind a fkin proxy at work and have no inet at home anymore
Rainarchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2003, 18:36   #4
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

[\comedy answer /]
they ran away when LDK and Titans killed them in rd 8
[\comedy answer /]

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2003, 19:04   #5
Rainarchy
Ruler of Kardemommeby

At least you shall have credit for pointing out that it was not the answer I wanted in an informativ way

Well, now I'm off from work
Unread 1 Nov 2003, 19:09   #6
[i2k]Xy
Why so serious?

[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough

Wasen't there a big bunny/kangeroo once upon a time? this sucks :\

4S

Illuminati
[i2k]Xy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2003, 19:19   #7
Darkness
NoS forever

Darkness is an unknown quantity at this point

Sid went
so they all turned into and disbanded Fury

[NoS] forever
Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2003, 19:23   #8
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Disbanded.
Leftovers renamed to Eclipse, and lost a load of goodness.

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2003, 00:17   #9
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

After the debacle of r7, Fury lost alot of its core people and ability. Fury continued into r8 under the return of Sid, but was not able to compete like earlier rounds due to a variety of factors.

With a less-than active Sid and a relatively new core of members, Fury was a shadow of its former self within r8. When r8 cut out, so did Fury. Fury simply left PA and did not move to a different game.

Fury was never officially disbanded and you'll find alot of the core Fury still talk/meet/play together in a variety of places.

So everyone which says Fury is dead and that it disbanded are actually incorrect. Fury never disbanded, but neither is it an active organization in any particular games.

It is true however that alot of Fury remnants from r8 joined Eclipse, but it was not Fury and was a totally seperate project/alliance.

I do believe that if Sid so wished, then the majority of hardcore Fury members would join up with him once more for a reign of terror in whatever game he deemed suitable.
(The Fury name is owned by the c7r founders thus without one of them - Sid, Cryptic, Ghengis - it is impossible for Fury to be 'officially active')

Regards,

Zhil
Fury Executive r5-r7

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2003, 00:32   #10
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
I do believe that if Sid so wished, then the majority of hardcore Fury members would join up with him once more for a reign of terror in whatever game he deemed suitable.
I am VERY sure we would
Unread 2 Nov 2003, 01:34   #11
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar
I am VERY sure we would
/me smells another meet, time to plot and plunder perhaps.
Unread 2 Nov 2003, 02:13   #12
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morden
If only. Had some great times.
Unread 2 Nov 2003, 02:36   #13
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
lol, so that would require me to let you go .... lemme think .... hold on ....

NO !!!

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2003, 13:08   #14
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
lol, so that would require me to let you go .... lemme think .... hold on ....

NO !!!

rgds Kj
If Fury reformed, I very much doubt you would have a choice in the matter. I suspect he, as well as almost every other hardcore Fury would drop whatever alliances they were with, and go straight back to Fury.
Unread 2 Nov 2003, 13:10   #15
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If Fury reformed, I very much doubt you would have a choice in the matter. I suspect he, as well as almost every other hardcore Fury would drop whatever alliances they were with, and go straight back to Fury.
heh, I realise that m8

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 2 Nov 2003, 13:17   #16
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
If Fury reformed i very much doubt it would be for PA, as most of the Command has quite PA and has no intention of playing again.
Unread 2 Nov 2003, 13:28   #17
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
If Fury reformed i very much doubt it would be for PA, as most of the Command has quite PA and has no intention of playing again.
could you get online morden, thx

FA Gaming community

Unread 2 Nov 2003, 13:33   #18
Rainarchy
Ruler of Kardemommeby

Thanx Scorpio

To whoever former Fury galmates reading this(as if) a big hello to you all! Wub u!
Unread 2 Nov 2003, 15:46   #19
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainarchy
Thanx Scorpio

To whoever former Fury galmates reading this(as if) a big hello to you all! Wub u!

actually, you should be thanking Zhil...
I wasn't being very serious etc. (If I was, I'd be offending Fury )

— Scorpio
Unread 2 Nov 2003, 16:54   #20
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point

Zhil ate Fury. He is teh evil.

End of story.

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2003, 18:18   #21
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

Never say never. All it requires is one Fury meet, some alcohol and pledges of blood.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2003, 19:22   #22
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Quote:
Never say never. All it requires is one Fury meet, some alcohol and pledges of blood.
Please don't.
Because that means you'd be asking me to resurrect Xanadu, and I really can't be arsed atm

— Scorpio
Unread 3 Nov 2003, 04:59   #23
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Gimme a fury meet and enough alcohol, and I would willingly bear witness to anything similar!
Unread 3 Nov 2003, 05:03   #24
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
could you get online morden, thx
You obviously don't know him well enough. When you want him online, send some beer round, and he will be online soon enough. Admittedly the results aren't always what you expect, but he will be online.
Unread 4 Nov 2003, 19:34   #25
Rainarchy
Ruler of Kardemommeby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio
actually, you should be thanking Zhil...
I wasn't being very serious etc. (If I was, I'd be offending Fury )
Heh, sometimes things get a bit too fast.
It was Zhil I wantet to thank
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 07:42   #26
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

you know.. I'd do that \o/
I am Idler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 07:43   #27
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

I'd love to play it again if they would re-introduce thiefs
I am Idler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 10:57   #28
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Quote:

(The Fury name is owned by the c7r founders thus without one of them - Sid, Cryptic, Ghengis - it is impossible for Fury to be 'officially active')
On the off chance that it ever does happen, in this or some other game, you damn well better let me know
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 13:34   #29
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
you know.. I'd do that \o/
Triumph des Willens

— Scorpio
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 13:53   #30
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis
On the off chance that it ever does happen, in this or some other game, you damn well better let me know
And me. Can't see it in the near future though

Too many people are enjoying a dip into relative obscurity, and a chance at a different angle. Also, too many of the old furies took a look at their lives and decided that PA had screwed them over enough. As a result, I can't see it happening in a hurry
Unread 7 Nov 2003, 00:29   #31
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
No questions asked