User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 20 Oct 2003, 20:47   #1
MrBrick
Gone

MrBrick is an unknown quantity at this point
An Open Apology to ComradeRob and The Community

It would appear that certain embittered members of the community have taken it upon
themselves to toy with the structure and morale of PA Team in an attempt to produce
subversive rumours in order to blacken an alliances, and an individuals name.

What seemed to credible evidence was provided to Planetarion Team to suggest that Rob was
abusing the trust give to him in order to further the advancement of his alliance. Evidence
which has now proved to be false. It is a sad day when Players take it upon themselves to
focus their attention on individuals in order to seek some kind of vengeance. It is also
sad to see that when presented with the evidence, I acted far too swiftly to consider the
parties involved. My first thought lay is the protection of the game, and the information
that various members of the Planetarion Team are privvy to. I see now that acting as judge
and jury in order to save Planetarion Team in the short term can be not nearly as costly as
proper consultation. I'd like to hope you know that I have Planetarion's best interests at
heart, and had this in mind when the original decision to remove Rob from the moderator
team was taken. A precaution that went a little too far. I am more than understanding in
the fact that this action has enflamed many of the valued members of the PA community. I
will also admit that my actions were wrong. I did think that my first few days as Creator
were going a little too well. I hope Rob, and the community will accept this apology.
As I remarked earlier, it's sad to know that there are those that stay in the community for
nothing more than personal gain, revenge and to damage the game. It will take time for the
wounds caused to heal, but I hope you can still have the faith in me to allow me to
continue with my role. Planetarion's survival and development remains my only goal whilst I
assume the role of Creator. This time my eagerness to protect the Team that took so long to
build, and the game itself has caused me to make an un-needed mistake.

Sincere Apologies,

MrBrick
Planetarion Team
Unread 20 Oct 2003, 20:51   #2
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

Karmulian is on a distinguished road
Re: An Open Apology to ComradeRob and The Community

After making the accusations I can only appologise to Rob and Eclipse (which i have now done in person)

In light of the recent accusations, several people came forward with strong evidence to contest the claims.

This evidence has proved the earlier quotes of Rob to be a web of lies and deciet, as such they can no longer be trusted

Rob has been offered his position back and has accepted, hopefully things can now return to normal

Once again I offer my appologies to all those involved for the inconvineince caused

Karmulian
Planetarion Team
Unread 20 Oct 2003, 21:10   #3
BLACK_OPPS
Comrade LENIN

BLACK_OPPS is on a distinguished road

ahhh well intresting to see the old spinner ways continue
it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger.
Herman Goering
Unread 20 Oct 2003, 21:17   #4
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

appreciated the incident was cleared and rob got the wrong accusations washed off.
Shame on those who tried to discredit him and to set him up. Not for eclipse but because rob is a friend and in general a far to nice person to deserve something like that.
I hope those ppl are exspelled from pa team since they clearly showed far lower motives then just giving a hint to some friends.

The tried to abuse their power to discredit somenoe, to blame his alliance, and to ruin his reputation. Not to mention all the hard work rob has done for PA in his freetime as a mod.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 20 Oct 2003, 21:45   #5
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

I've known Rob a long time now, and he's nothing other than an honorable, stand-up guy...which is why I was pissed off about this whole affair--it simply goes against everything I know about Rob.

The bottom line is, no harm was done...the matter was re-evaluated and over-turned. We have our moderator back, and my friend has been absolved of these rather foul charges against him.

It's good to know that swift action was taken, and that MrBrick is adamant about his position as well as doing a good job. He made a mistake, and worked quickly to remedy that mistake--which speaks volumes about his character.

Though he already had my respect, it's been solidified further today.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 20 Oct 2003, 21:47   #6
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Comedy 'told you so' option.
Unread 20 Oct 2003, 21:47   #7
MrBrick
Gone

MrBrick is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese
I've known Rob a long time now, and he's nothing other than an honorable, stand-up guy...which is why I was pissed off about this whole affair--it simply goes against everything I know about Rob.

The bottom line is, no harm was done...the matter was re-evaluated and over-turned. We have our moderator back, and my friend has been absolved of these rather foul charges against him.

It's good to know that swift action was taken, and that MrBrick is adamant about his position as well as doing a good job. He made a mistake, and worked quickly to remedy that mistake--which speaks volumes about his character.

Though he already had my respect, it's been solidified further today.
Cheers Cochese. Next time I afirm myself a little more with members of the community I'll see if I can't be doing it during attempting resolve my **** ups.
Unread 20 Oct 2003, 21:51   #8
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Was kinda suprised actually when I heard about all of this. But good thing it has a happy ending.
Don't let it happen again though, Rob

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Unread 20 Oct 2003, 22:11   #9
AllFather|away
Big Kahuna

AllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really nice

darn, they finaly did something right,and now they appologize for it

DTA
Support the liberation of "AllFather"
Unread 20 Oct 2003, 22:40   #10
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Rob got removed?

You're so lucky I was at work...

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 20 Oct 2003, 23:06   #11
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I must say that rob is one of the people I respect the most, from the active PA community, and that this accusation was anathema to what I had expected.

I am pleased to find that it was ill-founded.
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 09:50   #12
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK_OPPS

huhu..as if Spinner would EVER apologise like this :eek:
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 16:28   #13
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

why not name and shame the ppl involved in trying to discredit Rob

i have always had respect for his as a player and Mod
even though he is eclipse it has never showed in his moderation and when he spoke on their behalf he always came across well unlike others from that alliance

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 16:37   #14
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Rob is imo the most unbiassed and most suited mod we've had in a long long time.

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 17:29   #15
Goatsemaster
Just like science!

Goatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Rob is imo the most unbiassed and most suited mod we've had in a long long time.

rgds Kj
I'm quite sure Rob has two ass cheeks like the rest of us.
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 18:20   #16
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of

let the arse kissing start!

PS, what actually happened?
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 18:34   #17
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******master
rofl, plz explain me WHY exacty that I would bother kissing up to an eclipse player (plz do reply on this one, I need a laugh) and a mod?

Maybe it's hard to get it into that gray mass that you call brains, but I'm just saying my opinion

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 21 Oct 2003, 18:40   #18
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK_OPPS
I rarely post on these boards, although i read them a few times a week. But once in a very long while, someone posts something that i want to respond to. So my response to you BLACK_OPS is that you are a SHMUCK!!!! In the few short days Brick has been at the helm, he has:
A) been 110% more accessible then Spinner ever was.
B) Took quick actions on behalf of the PA community(even though they turned out to be wrong)
C) Fixed his error and then apoliogized for it (Spinner probably wouldnt have rectified it let alone make a public apology)
D) Actually listened to the community and acted on what he was asked to do(ie: the last rollback)
E) In what ive seen thus far, Brick has beeen a very humble (creator) Something the arrogant spinner never understood how to be.

These are just a few things i know about, where Brick differs from spinners regime.

So BLACK_OPS, keep you unfounded and stupid remarks to yourself....For years people have bitched about Spinner. Why dont you Let Brick settle into his new job, and then try and make a rush judgement.

sincerely,
behem0th
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 20:50   #19
Goatsemaster
Just like science!

Goatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
rofl, plz explain me WHY exacty that I would bother kissing up to an eclipse player (plz do reply on this one, I need a laugh) and a mod?

Maybe it's hard to get it into that gray mass that you call brains, but I'm just saying my opinion

rgds Kj
You really are an idiot, aren't you? Congratulations on completely missing the point.
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 22:15   #20
Salomo
Commodore

Salomo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

nope, one of them was amputated back in vietnam :-/

P.S.: did they move the edit/quot buttons? i keep on hitting the wrong post :-/

r1: n00b
r2: 7:11 - T7C HC, WaC(Jr), Sedition HC
r3: 31:25 - Sedition, Century, SL HC
r4: 95:21 - BlueTubas'
r5: 30:5 - BlueTubas, VtS
r6: 33:24:1 - Deus Ex Machina HC, politically retired
r7: 38:22 -> 26:11 - RaH peon
r8: 12:3:4 - Defended by 1:1
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 22:16   #21
Salomo
Commodore

Salomo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
You really are an idiot, aren't you? Congratulations on completely missing the point.
calling Kj an idiot is unfair.

r1: n00b
r2: 7:11 - T7C HC, WaC(Jr), Sedition HC
r3: 31:25 - Sedition, Century, SL HC
r4: 95:21 - BlueTubas'
r5: 30:5 - BlueTubas, VtS
r6: 33:24:1 - Deus Ex Machina HC, politically retired
r7: 38:22 -> 26:11 - RaH peon
r8: 12:3:4 - Defended by 1:1
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 23:07   #22
Goatsemaster
Just like science!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salomo
calling Kj an idiot is unfair.
You're right. I'd like to take this moment to give an open apology to idiots and morons in general. I never meant to associate Kjeldoran with your fine clique. I was trying to imply Kjel's inferiority, and obviously overstepped my bounds. I realize this is no excuse, but hope it will serve as a reason, if nothing more. In the future I shall make sure that all my insults are directed solely at Kjel, and will no longer abuse terms such as 'idiot', 'moron', 'retard' or 'genetic defect'.

Yours sincerely,
JIQ Headmaster
and master of all things ******
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 23:49   #23
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

I love it when you use 'Kjel' and desperatly hoping to piss me off

FA Gaming community

Unread 22 Oct 2003, 01:14   #24
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
With you being an expert on male ass cheeks I presume?

Quote:
In the future I shall make sure that all my insults are directed solely at Kjel, and will no longer abuse terms such as 'idiot', 'moron', 'retard' or 'genetic defect'.
You know this would be amusing, if it came from a 5 year old. By the way how long did it take you to spell those words? did you consult a dictionary or did you just ask one of your supervisors how to spell them?

p.s I would add some snide remark about "Not knowing they had installed computers in the global centre for people who are clinically immature" but then I remembered that just wouldnt be fair to add you to the same catagory as them.
Unread 22 Oct 2003, 01:17   #25
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

to summarize
hurray for rob!