User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 May 2003, 11:41   #1
TheGoaT
Old Timer

TheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to behold
Question Calling all Brits

Hello all, my ship the aircraft carrier USS Harry S. Truman is pulling into Portsmouth, England on The 6th of May. If any of you could point out some good places to drink my wallet away in London and Portsmouth I would be most thankful. Also if anyone could put me in touch with any old Xanadu or NewDawn members from England either via email or getting me their webpage url, that would be very good thanks. I havent been around this game in a old time. My ship will be in england for 5-6 days and I dont want to spend a day of it sober.

g0at
Round 19-20: Ascendancy
Round 21: Quit
Round 30: Ascendancy
Round 75-81: DLR
TheGoaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2003, 11:42   #2
Punk

Punk is an unknown quantity at this point
isnt it great being a cabin boy on a aircraft carrier
Unread 2 May 2003, 11:49   #3
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Punk
isnt it great being a cabin boy on a aircraft carrier
I bet his real name is Roger.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2003, 11:51   #4
Golin
Retard

Golin is on a distinguished road
i bet his real name is Gaylord Focker
I LIKE PAUL2.
HE IS MY FRIEND.
HE IS THE BEST FRIEND ANYBODY COULD WISH FOR!
Golin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2003, 11:52   #5
[GAP]Obiwan

[GAP]Obiwan is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Calling all Brits

Quote:
Originally posted by TheGoaT
Hello all, my ship the aircraft carrier USS Harry S. Truman is pulling into Portsmouth, England on The 6th of May. If any of you could point out some good places to drink my wallet away in London and Portsmouth I would be most thankful. Also if anyone could put me in touch with any old Xanadu or NewDawn members from England either via email or getting me their webpage url, that would be very good thanks. I havent been around this game in a old time. My ship will be in england for 5-6 days and I dont want to spend a day of it sober.

g0at
London - Camden town

Portsmouth - don't bother
EDIT: read this
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
[GAP]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2003, 12:03   #6
Slidey

Slidey is an unknown quantity at this point
to be honest, england is so small i'd give portsmouth a miss and get a taxi to london or manchester. they're just up the road. maybe you could ask them to dock the front of your giant supercruiser in portsmouth, and the other half in dover ?

#impulsed - home of genius..?
Slidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2003, 12:14   #7
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
how many times have i told you people to stay the crap away from Camden town

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2003, 12:15   #8
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Slidey
and get a taxi to london or manchester.
Are you insane?
Unread 2 May 2003, 12:17   #9
Punk

Punk is an unknown quantity at this point
TEA RIOT RELOADED!

LETS TOSS ALL THE BULLETS ON THE SEA WHILE MR. WHO? IS OUT DRINKING
Unread 2 May 2003, 12:46   #10
Rommel

Rommel is an unknown quantity at this point
avoid Portsmouth it's crap
get train to London
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2003, 12:55   #11
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by deerbarn
Are you insane?
manchester, just up the road. I'd love to see the taxidriver's eyes light up with glee.

Just for note: In the UK a hundred miles is a long distance, in the same way that in the US a hundred years is a long time.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2003, 13:59   #12
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Calling all Brits

Quote:
Originally posted by TheGoaT
Hello all, my ship the aircraft carrier USS Harry S. Truman
WOW, you own an aircraft carrier. you much be very rich !
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2003, 14:01   #13
[GAP]Obiwan

[GAP]Obiwan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
how many times have i told you people to stay the crap away from Camden town
How many times have i told you that camden town is my favourite place ON THE PLANET?

It has a fantastic sense of community, and i have met some of the most interesting, fun-lovin, funniest, coolest people there. It has such a diverse population with people of all ages, cultures, backgrounds - some really cool pubs and clubs, and very friendly people.

Give me one good reason why i shouldn't go to camden? apart from the drug problem, violence and crime
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
[GAP]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2003, 14:05   #14
Haer
Aquafresh

Haer has a spectacular aura aboutHaer has a spectacular aura aboutHaer has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Are you insane?
Even to London a taxi would be incredibly expensive(Over £100 easily). Portsmouth is a pretty **** place to live, but does have a few decent clubs/bars. It is probably worth going to London the train though, and Southampton is much better for shopping and within driving distance.
Haer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2003, 14:27   #15
Tobe
Checkout Boy

Tobe is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Golin
i bet his real name is Gaylord Focker
erm someone didnt appreciate Radical Edwards joke
Unread 2 May 2003, 18:25   #16
inf
Banned

inf is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Are you insane?
no he isn't, he's just being cruel to a yank.
inf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2003, 18:30   #17
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Harry S Truman has the best middle name ever.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2003, 18:32   #18
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
Soho

There's a good nightclub there called Heaven, I think you'd fit right in.
Unread 2 May 2003, 18:37   #19
Vanilla

Vanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura about
woohoo may 6th, my birthday.
Unread 2 May 2003, 18:44   #20
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
Harry S Truman has the best middle name ever.
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2003, 19:18   #21
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
According to some article in the Metro today, Portsmouth is one of the worst places in Britain. Admittedly I think London was in the Top 5 too.

Ah, I see someone has posted a thread on it, heh.

Anyway there are loads of places in London depending on what you're into.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2003, 20:34   #22
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
EVE Online comes out that day
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2003, 21:55   #23
inf
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Bloomers III
Soho

There's a good nightclub there called Heaven, I think you'd fit right in.
Maybe i'll see you there, it's my favourite gay club in London.
Unread 2 May 2003, 22:13   #24
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by [GAP]Obiwan
How many times have i told you that camden town is my favourite place ON THE PLANET?

It has a fantastic sense of community, and i have met some of the most interesting, fun-lovin, funniest, coolest people there. It has such a diverse population with people of all ages, cultures, backgrounds - some really cool pubs and clubs, and very friendly people.

Give me one good reason why i shouldn't go to camden? apart from the drug problem, violence and crime
there is no hope for you

http://www.the-dreaming.demon.co.uk/camden.htm

Self righteous suuuuuuuuuuuiiiiiiiiiicide.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2003, 22:39   #25
Tzencath

Tzencath is an unknown quantity at this point
Come to St.albans, we have the most pubs per square mile than any where else in the world. It has been in fact averaged out to 17.47/square mile, pretty neat huh
Unread 2 May 2003, 23:11   #26
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
there is no hope for you
Don't you live like 10 million miles from Camden or wherever?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2003, 23:12   #27
inf
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Tzencath
Come to St.albans, we have the most pubs per square mile than any where else in the world. It has been in fact averaged out to 17.47/square mile, pretty neat huh
and they all tend to be along really steep hills.
Unread 2 May 2003, 23:23   #28
Pi-air
hurr!

Pi-air will become famous soon enoughPi-air will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by KaneED
EVE Online comes out that day
sadly it will most likely be full of bugs and crap like that since they didn't bother to test all the features that's supposed to be in at launch.. oh well
Pi-air is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2003, 00:26   #29
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: Calling all Brits

Quote:
Originally posted by Woof
WOW, you own an aircraft carrier. you much be very rich !
either that or he is just showing off, tsk typical of them darn yankees.