User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 5 May 2007, 20:41   #1
TheGoaT
Old Timer

TheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to behold
Some things never change

I joined the command team of LOST at the begining of the round hoping to bring my years of experience with top tier alliances to the small guys and help them improve. To some extent that did happen, but recent events have forced me to realise some things just dont change. The rest of the LOST command team without my consent decided to align themselves with Wolfpack and take target assignments from them. This is strongly against what I believe in as Ive been on the other side of the fence and know how this turns out. The small alliance is overwhelmed that a big alliance wants to be their "friend" and thinks that by helping them they will somehow ascend to this top tier but in reality they are merely flaking targets and soaking up defense for the big alliance so they can hit their targets with a higher accuracy and go for the win. Theres absolutely no benefit for the small alliance at all in this arrangement. So its with a heavy heart I was forced to resign from LOST and merely watch as history repeats itself round after round.
Round 19-20: Ascendancy
Round 21: Quit
Round 30: Ascendancy
Round 75-81: DLR
TheGoaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2007, 20:55   #2
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts
Re: Some things never change

Sad to see this, but every alliance whom aspire to be great needs their flak (ello wrath & cpv).

On a sidenote, ello goat \o

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2007, 20:57   #3
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

i thought menacer had more sense than this

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2007, 21:27   #4
TheGoaT
Old Timer

TheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to behold

menacer went missing for 2 weeks, then quit when he came back because we demoted him from hc and replaced him with someone active. So this decision he had nothing to do with.
Round 19-20: Ascendancy
Round 21: Quit
Round 30: Ascendancy
Round 75-81: DLR
TheGoaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2007, 21:31   #5
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

so are we to understand WP are rallying nubs around for a strike?
who said AD wasnt filled with useful intel?!

Last edited by voodoo; 5 May 2007 at 21:48.
voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2007, 21:48   #6
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

The biggest mistake an alliance does this round is to co-operate with WP imho. They will not be around here next round, and if they win the round, the ones that co-operated with them will be the ones that suffer.
Unread 5 May 2007, 21:51   #7
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
The biggest mistake an alliance does this round is to co-operate with WP imho. They will not be around here next round, and if they win the round, the ones that co-operated with them will be the ones that suffer.
AMEN to that!

And I thought WP already had a bunch of out tag players....
Unread 5 May 2007, 22:08   #8
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Oh yeah WP already have effectively a top alliance and then another top 15-20 alliance available with them under the name WP. Thats for sure.

The need for them to rally others to help, and indeed others actually helping is simply foolish. I hope that people see this and either cancel their co-operation with WP or indeed rally against them to give them what they deserve.
Unread 5 May 2007, 22:41   #9
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligFree
Oh yeah WP already have effectively a top alliance and then another top 15-20 alliance available with them under the name WP. Thats for sure.
Or it's just that your intel is simply shit and you'll soon figure out that those "out of tag wp planet" really are some alliances ranked out of top 10.
Unread 5 May 2007, 22:45   #10
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
Or it's just that your intel is simply shit and you'll soon figure out that those "out of tag wp planet" really are some alliances ranked out of top 10.

even worse then :/
Unread 5 May 2007, 22:56   #11
Heartless

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
even worse then :/
Fairly intelligent actually, considering that some of the "top alliances" do not even bother with collecting intel about such lower ranked alliances.
Unread 6 May 2007, 00:50   #12
paolo
Kwaak

paolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to all

For the lesser informed like me, which alliances would that be?
paolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2007, 02:45   #13
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

06-05 03:41:34 <@mz> ~search hidden agenda
06-05 03:41:34 -Munin- No planets in intel matching nick or alliance: hidden

Like us, Heartless?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2007, 04:02   #14
Heartless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
06-05 03:41:34 <@mz> ~search hidden agenda
06-05 03:41:34 -Munin- No planets in intel matching nick or alliance: hidden

Like us, Heartless?
Yowsa.
Unread 6 May 2007, 07:55   #15
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

The need for them to rally others to help, and indeed others actually helping is simply foolish. I hope that people see this and either cancel their co-operation with WP or indeed rally against them to give them what they deserve.
Ct is with VisioN, yo.
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2007, 09:03   #16
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Quote:

No, these kinds of things has been confirmed by sources not related to linking up planets by defence missions. I'd give it a 70 plus 20-30 myself, but as by the reasons Heartless mentioned, it's hard to figure out the actual numbers. There are, for certain, several, tens of these planets, but how many there are in reality is probably only a few selected in Wolfpack to know.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2007, 11:17   #17
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Quote:

Just had a PM asking me to clarify my post so though id do it here to make sure no-one else misconstrues it.

you have 70 members ("effectively a top alliance")

and then 20-30 more ("a top 15-20 ally")
Unread 6 May 2007, 11:54   #18
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

Well, if I were WP command I'd get some allies. CT won't do anything before they get more allies to outnumber them at least 2-3 to 1.
Unread 6 May 2007, 11:58   #19
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Im just wondering what arguments they are gonna use. "Support us becoming #1st and take the punishment in next round when we are no longer around."
Unread 6 May 2007, 12:19   #20
Heartless

Quote:
Why is it foolish if WP does the necessary steps to win a round? It's more like you're foolish to believe that you'd get another number one spot without doing shit.
Unread 6 May 2007, 13:30   #21
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Why is it foolish if WP does the necessary steps to win a round? It's more like you're foolish to believe that you'd get another number one spot without doing shit.
Agreed.
Unread 6 May 2007, 13:40   #22
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Surely LOST is a very applicable weapon. Any fleet you can churn at your foes is a step towards victory, be it LOST or recruiting a lot of players and expanding your alliance in a way it breaks the game rules.

Foolish or not, as long as it works it's a viable strategy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Im just wondering what arguments they are gonna use. "Support us becoming #1st and take the punishment in next round when we are no longer around."
More like, "Support us becoming #1st and the next round they'll be thinking again on terms LOST, what the **** is that".
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2007, 00:34   #23
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

OMG. Wolfpack are using LOST as flak!! You are all doomed
Unread 12 May 2007, 13:00   #24
GrandAdm Thrawn

GrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the rough

this thread is very interesting especially related to something I read recently on another forum..