User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Recruitment

Closed Thread
Unread 20 Mar 2007, 20:18   #1
TheGoaT
Old Timer

TheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to behold
I offer my services to any alliance in need

Well Im becoming increasingly bored with game(who isnt) and Im looking to join the political aspect of the game to increase my enjoyment. If any of the smaller or newer alliances are looking to add some experience to their command staff, I would be very interested in joining your HC and lending my experiences Ive had with some of the best alliances of the past.

A little about me: I started pa late round 1 and played thru the end of round 6. I was a BC in the early NewDawn alliance, and then a Xanadu member within the infamous RedBull Battlegroup. I stopped playing after round 6 due to military service in RL, but returned in round 13 with a good LCH alliance. I then joined 1up where I spent 5 rounds with those good bunch of players, and ended up in the elitest bunch of Ascendancy. o/ I finished rank #4 last round and Ive finished top100 7 or 8 times. I have a good hold of how to do well in the game and how successful attack groups are organized.

So if any of you are interested in my services for round 21 reply here, pm me, or find me on irc. Thanks!
Round 19-20: Ascendancy
Round 21: Quit
Round 30: Ascendancy
Round 75-81: DLR
Unread 20 Mar 2007, 23:18   #2
LOST|HC|Blitz
High Commander Of LOST

LOST|HC|Blitz is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I offer my services to any alliance in need

LOST are interested in ur purposal... please contact me either irc in #lost or through pm on here
Unread 20 Mar 2007, 23:57   #3
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

We had a spate of such threads on here a few rounds back and the general consensus was that any alliance has to be very careful with offers like this. Experience can be something alliances can struggle with and offers like this can seem appealing and a no brainier but its not as clear cut as it always seems.

As much as experience is important for an alliances command the ability to work as a unit is just as important and an 'outsider' may simply not be able to gell with your alliance and your command. Also often a 'top level alliance player' and small/new alliances agendas simply wont go together and it will tear the alliance apart with the conflict

So dont rush headlong into taking such offers, make sure its a good fit and if you do take the offer up be careful on how much control you give the person. They may have experience to pass on and you should use it but at the same time its your alliance so don't let them use it to fight their own agendas or use it as a short cut to create their own alliance

@TheGoaT: Your experienced and would be an asset to alot of alliances but I always worry about peoples agendas when they pimp themselves out like this. I'm hoping your doing this to give something back and if so nice one, however when people pimp themselves out like this I always worry about their true agendas especially when the offers not just to help an alliance but to be made HC. I would personally suggest that your flexible on this part if you truly want to help the game, be there to offer your input and help them improve but highlight that your not there just to take control and to allow both parties time to decide if its the right fit before making you too integral to the alliance. If everything seems to fit after aperiod of time you can then be made HC later on
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
Unread 21 Mar 2007, 00:41   #4
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I had a look at this thread before Wakey posted, and I'd say that it's generally a positive thing for goat to be offering himself out like this. He's certainly very experienced.

I do concur with Wakey though - alliances should think carefully about how they intend to use his knowledge and experience without alienating their members, while I do hope that goat comes with the very best of intentions in making this offer, though I'm sure he does.
Unread 21 Mar 2007, 02:06   #5
MAsta_MArk
Welsh palestinian!

MAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to behold

tbh ive ran a smaller (crappy) alliance before.
now orbit has finished top10 ive relised the major differnces between running a smaller alliance and a top10 alliance. The experience that people gain in top allaince like 1up are most likely to be little use to a small alliance. What would a top BC from 1up have to do on a 30 member alliance, the strategys that can be implemented are very limited, so much that a decent target picker can do the same job.
What the smaller alliances would need are people who are willing to put the hours in, dedication and commitment is whats needed to get an alliance off the ground, once you have that then you can start getting good at the game. No point being the best pa player ever if you never log in.
Its a nice gesture but are you considering on just giving them experience from a top alliance or are you willing to put the dedication in that HC'in demands?
Unread 21 Mar 2007, 07:45   #6
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoaT
So if any of you are interested in my services for round 21 reply here, pm me, or find me on irc. Thanks!
I think penis allianz might be interested in securing your services, goat. Please contact DunkelGraf for this!
Unread 21 Mar 2007, 07:50   #7
.Disc.

.Disc. is on a distinguished road

is Penis Allianz even a proper alliance?

Good on ya GoaT.
Unread 21 Mar 2007, 10:29   #8
TheGoaT
Old Timer

TheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
We had a spate of such threads on here a few rounds back and the general consensus was that any alliance has to be very careful with offers like this. Experience can be something alliances can struggle with and offers like this can seem appealing and a no brainier but its not as clear cut as it always seems.

As much as experience is important for an alliances command the ability to work as a unit is just as important and an 'outsider' may simply not be able to gell with your alliance and your command. Also often a 'top level alliance player' and small/new alliances agendas simply wont go together and it will tear the alliance apart with the conflict

So dont rush headlong into taking such offers, make sure its a good fit and if you do take the offer up be careful on how much control you give the person. They may have experience to pass on and you should use it but at the same time its your alliance so don't let them use it to fight their own agendas or use it as a short cut to create their own alliance

@TheGoaT: Your experienced and would be an asset to alot of alliances but I always worry about peoples agendas when they pimp themselves out like this. I'm hoping your doing this to give something back and if so nice one, however when people pimp themselves out like this I always worry about their true agendas especially when the offers not just to help an alliance but to be made HC. I would personally suggest that your flexible on this part if you truly want to help the game, be there to offer your input and help them improve but highlight that your not there just to take control and to allow both parties time to decide if its the right fit before making you too integral to the alliance. If everything seems to fit after aperiod of time you can then be made HC later on

wakey I know Ive never worked with you personally, so why do you assume I would have bad intentions? I agree that the ability to work together as a unit is important for all alliances, and considering I have worked with several very good units, I think I can help an alliance with how to get players to work together effectively. Whether or not I would "gel" with the members of a particular alliance is completely dependant on the members Im working with and couldnt be predicted ahead of time. Every situation is different. I believe if you asked anyone who has played with me before, they would tell you I am pretty easy to get along with. I like to have fun and goof off just like the next guy. As far as the agenda, I would no longer be a "top alliance player" so my only agenda would be helping my new alliance do the best they are able and give them insight on how to improve their tactics and organizational skills while gaining new enjoyment for myself getting exposed to the political aspect of the game and decision making on tactics. I would no longer be concerned with how my planet is doing, and more at how well I have helped the alliance reach its goals. I most likely would use my own planet for scanning, becuase alliances are always short scanners when you need them.

Like alot of active players in rounds past, I have been part of alliance systems in some good alliances and I could see what worked well and what didnt, I found myself saying things like "why dont they do this or that it would make things better, or why are they doing this or that that isnt working" Well instead of bitching about it in an irc channel, Id like to be able to do more about it. You keep asking about my "agenda", what evil doing do you think I would do? I dont have any evil agendas, I just want to be in a position to offer some of my ideas for improvement based on my experience that can help an alliance play smarter not harder. This game isnt hard, and if you pay attention to a few things, anyone can be good without dedicating their life to it. Alot of the smaller players havent had this experience and could perform much better with some help.

Lastly, you are looking at me wrong, Im not pimping myself out. I dont play PA because the game is so fking exciting, I play it for the interaction and competition of the other members of the community. Having discussions on irc about ships stats, attack tactics, the different players you were able to land on, the top gal you roided, etc. is far more entertaining to me.
Unread 21 Mar 2007, 10:43   #9
TheGoaT
Old Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAsta_MArk
tbh ive ran a smaller (crappy) alliance before.
now orbit has finished top10 ive relised the major differnces between running a smaller alliance and a top10 alliance. The experience that people gain in top allaince like 1up are most likely to be little use to a small alliance. What would a top BC from 1up have to do on a 30 member alliance, the strategys that can be implemented are very limited, so much that a decent target picker can do the same job.
What the smaller alliances would need are people who are willing to put the hours in, dedication and commitment is whats needed to get an alliance off the ground, once you have that then you can start getting good at the game. No point being the best pa player ever if you never log in.
Its a nice gesture but are you considering on just giving them experience from a top alliance or are you willing to put the dedication in that HC'in demands?
I completely disagree with you when you say the experience Ive gained from top alliances wouldnt be useful to a small alliance. Just becuase a "top" alliance was larger doesnt mean it wasnt split into more managable groups and micro managed. The strategies used in a big alliance are one of the things the smaller alliances might be missing to improve their play. Organization and Acountability not just skill is what seperate the two alliances. I can help the smaller alliance close the gap since I have seen how the other side does it.

Your last paragraph makes no sense at all. How do you think I was able to perform well in this game? Of course I have dedication. One of the big things I remember hating about past alliances is not being able to find a HC who was awake when you needed one. Im sure anyone in 1up will vouch for my dedication and activity. You can find me online at all hours of the day. It was never my intention to be inactive and not do shit. Why do you think Im looking for a command position? Because I want MORE involvement.
Unread 21 Mar 2007, 10:43   #10
Bane
Shadows and Dust

Bane is on a distinguished road

Wakey's not personally attacking you Goat, he's just saying to people interested in your offer to be aware of what such offers could entail, they might be expecting something of you which you didn't mean or vice versa.

Nice of you to offer anyway
I doubt Penis Allianz needs anyone..

R3 or so - Cell/Elysium
Looong break
R20 - Orbit
R21 - Subh (Finished rank 58)
8 year break
R60 - ND -> Ultores (Finished rank 48)
R61 - Rogues

14:05 <Swing> I wear a cape and a burger king paper crown when i play pa
14:10 <Zwanstic> u also talk alot of shit
14:14 <Blue_Esper> you're a weird unit
12:33 <hone> oddr is where we send all the semi retarded and gay bashing ult has beens LOL
12:34 <hone> thats where u should be swing lol
Unread 21 Mar 2007, 10:47   #11
TheGoaT
Old Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane
Wakey's not personally attacking you Goat, he's just saying to people interested in your offer to be aware of what such offers could entail, they might be expecting something of you which you didn't mean or vice versa.

Nice of you to offer anyway
I doubt Penis Allianz needs anyone..
well thats why you talk things over before anything is offical so both sides know what everyones expectations are. I wasnt planning on blindly walking into something. Round 21 wont start for quite sometime.
Unread 21 Mar 2007, 10:49   #12
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

I know Goat for his time in LCH and I dont agree with the very negative approache wakey took on this post.

Goat is a great guy and a hard worker and he got a lot of knowledge on how to play and how to help others play.

A lot of the smaller alliances could be helped a lot with his skills.
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Unread 21 Mar 2007, 11:09   #13
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I completely understand Wakey's point of view on this. There have been......'community figures' who have whored themselves out to small alliances, and collapsed them as a result. We wouldn't want to see that happen again.
Unread 21 Mar 2007, 12:42   #14
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

As furball has said we have had this situation of people saying they want to help a smaller/new alliance but whose intention soon take a turn for the worse and its ultimately bad for the alliance.

For a small alliance HC its easy to be seduced by an offer from an experienced player and its happened numerous times in the past and its what alot of people have preyed on to allow them to fulfil their motives.

Now how many of the proposals had another agenda from the off we will never really know as some of them may very well have been soley down to those making the proposals being clueless about the game lower down.As MAsta_MArk said (oh god im agreeing with someone from orbit ) the two games are completly different in style, your top alliance tactics and policies wont generally work further down as the membership base wont allow it to. When they cant do what they want to do they get annoyed and agendas change.

Now at no point have I said or will say that Goat has any other agenda than to do some good but his proposal does contain phrases which will set alarm bells off in anyone who has paid any attention to the lower end of the game and who has seen such proposals before.

The people who have been successful are those who werent demanding a HC role from the off, they went in as a kind of consultant to the command and a trainer for the members. Roles that allowed them to be helpful but which didn't make them integral to the alliance from the off so if it didnt work out the impact was limited.

You may be one of the few who doesn't have another agenda and who understands the lower end of the game and are prepared and committed for the fact most of your top alliance tactics wont work and will need adjusted but you also may not be and anyone considering your proposal has to be made aware of this so they can account for this in their decision
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
Unread 21 Mar 2007, 13:15   #15
TheGoaT
Old Timer

your opinion that tactics from 'top' alliances are useless in small alliances is just that, an opinion, and not based on any fact. Besides the point of this thread is getting sidetracked and was not meant to get into a debate with wakey about his moral standards.
Unread 21 Mar 2007, 14:23   #16
The Community
Listen to the community!

The Community has a spectacular aura aboutThe Community has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoaT
I dont play PA because the game is so fking exciting, I play it for the interaction and competition of the other members of the community.
You can interact with my members any time you want <3
Unread 21 Mar 2007, 16:11   #17
MAsta_MArk
Welsh palestinian!

MAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Just becuase a "top" alliance was larger doesnt mean it wasnt split into more managable groups and micro managed.
True, but an alliance of 30 members (who would need your help) are not 30 highly active players, like what a BG of a top alliance would be. In smaller alliances there tends to be about 20% who are highly active, while the rest sign on a few times day. This is what i mean.
Ive very recently been in this position so i know what im talking about and i know what is needed for a smaller alliance to become a top10 alliance. (not ment to sound arrogant)
Unread 21 Mar 2007, 16:51   #18
Sebos

Sebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the rough

First off this off should indeed be talked through with both parties 9 times out of 10 a small alliance is off the radar completly for an alliance like 1up. ( admitedly if the small alliance is running flak for a big alliance that is different equally if the small alliance is one such as DLR then things are a bit different) Therefore this offer is good provided agreements can be made by both parties otherwise things will go bad.

also slightly off topic but Masta u have only once been outside of orbit m8, that alone fully disqualifies u from knowing 100% what goes into a top10 alliance. to know 100% what makes a top 10 alliance u need to have been in a few and seen how other ppl have done it and learn from that. the goat has been about for a while to out right say he couldn't achieve something with 20% actives is a bit a) disresepctfull and B) un true. take the example of orbit it came top10 not everyone was active fully however through urs and crows efforts in HC the alliance still did well.
Unread 21 Mar 2007, 17:13   #19
MAsta_MArk
Welsh palestinian!

maybe so but i was in xVx for two rounds before joining Orbit again. Also from seeing and hearing about what happens in the top alliances i know some of what happens in them.
As for saying that i was an expert on top alliances i never said anything like it. Ive had people try to advise me on attack tactics, there suggestions could easily be used by a top alliance but Orbit couldnt do them because it has a different quality of member.
I never said he couldnt do anything with 20% actives, i was saying you couldnt implement a strategy that a top alliance would use. Not one that would benifit the whole alliance anyway.

And as for knowing whats needed for a top 10 alliance, you dont have to have been in a few. I know whats needed to be a top alliance, its the getting it that is the hard part.
Unread 21 Mar 2007, 19:51   #20
TheGoaT
Old Timer

Quote:
True, but an alliance of 30 members (who would need your help) are not 30 highly active players, like what a BG of a top alliance would be. In smaller alliances there tends to be about 20% who are highly active, while the rest sign on a few times day. This is what i mean.
Ive very recently been in this position so i know what im talking about and i know what is needed for a smaller alliance to become a top10 alliance. (not ment to sound arrogant)
Youd be surprised how many inactivies were in the large alliances heh. But even if only a percentage of hardcore members and the rest that log in a few times a day, alot can be achieved. They have made this game so easy nowadays for the inactive player that alot of ppl have ranked very high putting in little time. Its just a matter of organizing those people when they are there and developing some standards for the memberbase as far as the expectations of them.
Unread 21 Mar 2007, 22:28   #21
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

nm, wrong thread :P

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Unread 22 Mar 2007, 07:50   #22
GrandAdm Thrawn

GrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the rough

someone gave me a hint about this thread,
but I think alliances should recruit their hc from their own memberbase.

whilst goat may have more experience about the game, he knows nothing about the alliance he comes in and their members. Also people dont know him and therefore might not thrust him what would be a major problem, if members dont have faith in their hc.
Unread 22 Mar 2007, 23:17   #23
TheGoaT
Old Timer

This offer is now closed. Thanks for the discussion.
Unread 23 Mar 2007, 10:48   #24
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I never said he couldnt do anything with 20% actives, i was saying you couldnt implement a strategy that a top alliance would use. Not one that would benifit the whole alliance anyway.
i think it takes a person who is strong enough to lead and strong enough to hold command over his players enough to be able to implement said strategies.

These types of players in the command of an alliance are what makes the difference between a top 15 alliance and a top 10/5 alliance.

Take Orbit for example, regular top 15 finishers and the merger of 3 low tier alliances. before this round you wouldnt dream of putting them in the top 10, let alone the 6th place finish they did acheive. Crowly has done so many good things with orbit and he has implemented strategies he has picked up from his experience in the alliances he has been a part of.

i think the benefits of having an experienced command member, like goat, trying to make changes far outweigh the negative points. the only exception to this point would be kargool who quite frankly ripped APA in two to make TGV

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Unread 23 Mar 2007, 21:09   #25
Crowly
Orbit HC

Crowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to behold

If the commander can rule by respect and example rather than by fear and power you are more likely to do well, in my opinion anyway.

On the other hand, a newcomer who doesn't know his alliance mates well might actually have difficulties inspiring them to try harder etc.

On the whole though, for an alliance like LOST, coming out of nowhere and trying to re-forge a community spirit, I agree with Mek, it's best to have some up to date experience with the way the game plays out now.
Closed Thread