User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 3 Nov 2006, 13:10   #201
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: eXilition are ranked #7

it is foretold that if exi win r19, the game itself will implode, so ask yourselves, a life with pa or without, i know you will make the right choice children
Unread 3 Nov 2006, 16:39   #202
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Didnt Legion have a pack full of strong HC's? Like r2 or first half of r3. Grendel, Biggdogg, MrX, Diamonds, Are, etc.
Someone who really played r2 can perhaps give more details here.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2006, 17:36   #203
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
Didnt Legion have a pack full of strong HC's? Like r2 or first half of r3. Grendel, Biggdogg, MrX, Diamonds, Are, etc.
Someone who really played r2 can perhaps give more details here.
Round 2 VtS was led by MrX, Grendel and Are in the main. Biggdogg wasn't appointed HC until late round 2.

Round 3 Legion was led by Grendel to begin with, Biggdogg took over the main duties a few weeks in, and then towards the end Grendel took over again.

VtS/Legion was said to be a 'council', but in actual fact it was very simular to Fury, in that one HC seemed to have the overriding influence on decisions. With the other HC's charged with taking care of the day to day runnings.
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2006, 23:22   #204
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

eXi now have 49 members, its just sad to see how shit and spineless the top 5 alliances have become, I really hope eXi win now as they are the only ones who aren't pissing themselves at the thought of a war...
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2006, 23:23   #205
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
eXi now have 49 members, its just sad to see how shit and spineless the top 5 alliances have become, I really hope eXi win now as they are the only ones who aren't pissing themselves at the thought of a war...
I hear one of those top 4 alliances might have a deal with eXilition going. Funny how things turn out.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrow|Pony
I dedicate ND's political maneuvering to MobRulz.
Coupled with this it shouldn't be that hard to figure out which one.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.

Last edited by qebab; 4 Nov 2006 at 23:29.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2006, 23:30   #206
TheGoaT
Old Timer

TheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to behold

its more funny how no one ever learns from pervious rounds and allows the same things to happen again and again.
Round 19-20: Ascendancy
Round 21: Quit
Round 30: Ascendancy
Round 75-81: DLR
TheGoaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2006, 23:31   #207
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoaT
its more funny how no one ever learns from pervious rounds and allows the same things to happen again and again.
funny? i find it kinda sad
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2006, 23:35   #208
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
I don't think that anyone has ever demonstrated the 'wrongness' of these actions though. Let's assume that qebab is right, and ND have a deal with eX. This strikes me as being somewhat similar to past deals with 1up. In fact, there is a history of ND making deals with leading alliances which goes back several rounds. Have ND suffered from this? Well, they're still here, aren't they? They're still fairly highly ranked and may well expect to finish with planets in the top 10 or top 20. Is this a bad result for ND?

Note: I am not at all convinced by qebab's intel. I have no idea if ND do have a deal with eX, and I suspect that they do not.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2006, 23:58   #209
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

MaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
I hear one of those top 4 alliances might have a deal with eXilition going. Funny how things turn out.

Edit:

Coupled with this it shouldn't be that hard to figure out which one.
this you call rumours

the real fact atm is that angels/tof/vision went after nd

so actually your pointing fingers at nd for what you 'heard' and can not prove while forgeting your own ally have already blocked ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
I signed up to make sure eX didnt win the round, thanks to your HCs last decision it looks like I succeeded
Apprime
MaxMilliaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2006, 00:06   #210
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMilliaN
this you call rumours

so actually your pointing fingers at nd for what you 'heard' and can not prove while forgeting your own ally have already blocked ...
I am not "pointing any fingers" for blocking. I am not doing any politics at all, and I generally don't care about intel. I am just a loyal and happy peon.

That said, this piece was too good to miss. As for proof, check your pm. If you don't chuckle, you got no sense of humour.

Unread 5 Nov 2006, 00:14   #211
TheGoaT
Old Timer

TheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMilliaN
this you call rumours

if you pulled your head out of your ass you would realize that wasnt the only deal made between alliances this round. And ND werent the only alliance to have a group of alliances hit them. I have no sympathy for any of the alliances, theyve all had an equal pounding.
Unread 5 Nov 2006, 00:20   #212
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

MaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these parts

Quote:
if you pulled your head out of your ass you would realize that wasnt the only deal made between alliances this round. And ND werent the only alliance to have a group of alliances hit them. I have no sympathy for any of the alliances, theyve all had an equal pounding.
im talking about whats going on NOW, i havent nowhere said this was the only deal made this round. (nd/co vs angels, angels/omen vs nd , nd/co vs omen, angels/co vs omen, angels/co vs nd, something like this)

so pull your head out of your ass and start taking reading lessons dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
I signed up to make sure eX didnt win the round, thanks to your HCs last decision it looks like I succeeded
Apprime
MaxMilliaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2006, 00:30   #213
TheGoaT
Old Timer

actually it happened two days ago, so its just as relative as the other groups attacking one alliance. You make it sound like angels is some how evil for their moves, and my point was the same moves have been made by other alliances throughout the round.

So not really sure what your trying to flame.
Unread 5 Nov 2006, 00:35   #214
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am not doing any politics at all
Could you start then? Angels might have a chance. :|
Unread 5 Nov 2006, 00:50   #215
qebab
The Original Carebear

Quote:
Could you start then? Angels might have a chance. :|
You did read the part about me being just a loyal and lovely peon, right?

The things that require most effort of those I have done this round is to sit up late at night and call/sms people for dcs, and I want no more responsibility than that.

Unread 5 Nov 2006, 03:50   #216
cura
Pro. Elbow Licker

cura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
actually it happened two days ago, so its just as relative as the other groups attacking one alliance. You make it sound like angels is some how evil for their moves, and my point was the same moves have been made by other alliances throughout the round.

So not really sure what your trying to flame.
heh, u do realise angel's attempt of getting ND to do their work against exi was to say "either u attack omen so we can attack exi or we all attack you full force"

that's almost as arrogant as keiz's "political skills"

in other words, if angels is more worried about ND not listening to them than letting exi win.. then don't try to blame it on ND if exi manages to win..
cura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2006, 04:03   #217
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Hold up, angels are taking time out from trying to launch attack fleets at their own planets to do politics? Really?

Last edited by JonnyBGood; 5 Nov 2006 at 04:09.
JonnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2006, 04:07   #218
qebab
The Original Carebear

Yeah, we're quite charming, aren't we?

PS! You should maybe specify what kind of fleets we are launching at ourselves.

Unread 5 Nov 2006, 04:09   #219
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Yeah, we're quite charming, aren't we?

PS! You should maybe specify what kind of fleets we are launching at ourselves.
A valid point well made and listened to.
Unread 5 Nov 2006, 04:17   #220
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by cura
heh, u do realise angel's attempt of getting ND to do their work against exi was to say "either u attack omen so we can attack exi or we all attack you full force"

that's almost as arrogant as keiz's "political skills"

in other words, if angels is more worried about ND not listening to them than letting exi win.. then don't try to blame it on ND if exi manages to win..
Taking into account that Crusie just left ND because ND NAP'd a certain alliance, oh, what? Gosh. Talk about arrogance in your post, darling.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2006, 08:49   #221
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Coming from a guy who isn't playing and selfpronounced "out of the loop" this sure means alot!
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2006, 09:54   #222
cura
Pro. Elbow Licker

cura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
Taking into account that Crusie just left ND because ND NAP'd a certain alliance, oh, what? Gosh. Talk about arrogance in your post, darling.
well yeah i dno if we did, but if we did i think nd hc did it because they thought they didnt have any other options.. what with getting hit by everybody all the time etc

alliances should take more responsability for their actions.. IF ND napped exi they were forced to cause of the political "play" of others, no other reason than that
Unread 5 Nov 2006, 10:07   #223
qebab
The Original Carebear

Quote:
well yeah i dno if we did, but if we did i think nd hc did it because they thought they didnt have any other options.. what with getting hit by everybody all the time etc

alliances should take more responsability for their actions.. IF ND napped exi they were forced to cause of the political "play" of others, no other reason than that
You are saying that other people make your decisions for you? That you're just a puppet playing after some other people's strings?

No, honestly I read it again. And it still looks like you're saying that others dictated your politics. Fair enough, in some situations you can't act, only react. Was this one?

What does the 1up people in NewDawn feel about this?

Unread 5 Nov 2006, 11:11   #224
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
How much do you really know about the political play of anyone? It's a bit pathetic "victimizing" an alliance for whatever their descisions might have been, as the named alliance was amongst the first to start forcing others into descisions with their political play. On left hand you're saying alliances should take responsibility of their actions, on right saying, okay, ND is cool though, they don't need to do that as the responsibility for their actions is others'.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Unread 5 Nov 2006, 11:47   #225
cura
Pro. Elbow Licker

Quote:
You are saying that other people make your decisions for you? That you're just a puppet playing after some other people's strings?

No, honestly I read it again. And it still looks like you're saying that others dictated your politics. Fair enough, in some situations you can't act, only react. Was this one?

there's nothing wrong in having to react to the political play of other alliances, it happens all the time
all alliances are coherent entities in planetarion, everything they do affects the choices of the other alliances
with the way ND choose they are also affecting the other alliances to take an action thereselves.. i don't see how u can call it puppetry tho
Quote:
How much do you really know about the political play of anyone? It's a bit pathetic "victimizing" an alliance for whatever their descisions might have been, as the named alliance was amongst the first to start forcing others into descisions with their political play. On left hand you're saying alliances should take responsibility of their actions, on right saying, okay, ND is cool though, they don't need to do that as the responsibility for their actions is others'.
ofc they also need to take responsability, but not when they're forced one way..

ok, maybe the HC can be held responsible for having shite political play at the beginning of the round, and who nows maybe via via this was what they had coming and it is their fault, but there's so many actions and reactions in the shite they did in the beginning and the result now that it could EASELY have turned out another way..

they could've napped angels&co when angels offered it and attack omen, yet they didn't, is that a bad choice then keiz? should they be held responsible for not joining the biggest block in the game then?
if you want to lay that on them, then go ahead.

no, in this case, this reaction they had to take if they actually took it (i don't know, i've not asked anybody yet as i'm just getting up to send/recall def every few ticks and read these boards here), they can't be held responsible imo/

Last edited by cura; 5 Nov 2006 at 11:52.
Unread 5 Nov 2006, 11:51   #226
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

The bottom line is that ND doing nothing (and getting hit by all comers despite having no rocks) is worse than ND doing something (any of our options not being as good as I would like them to be from my standing point).

If ND and Omen went for Exilition, any headway we'd make would be inevitably pegged back by Angels (and why not extend your lead), regardless of any involvement by Angels in any campaign versus that alliance. Angels are hardly going to help ND ever as annoy Angels once, they're bitter for life, with HC verging on the asocial.

While you are not a politician and have limited authority in your alliance, your alliance's attitude is nicely summed up here:

Quote:
Personally I wouldn't really mind a war with eXilition, even though I know they are better than us. It just comes down to some facts:

We are already on #1 spot, if we can "outroid" eXilition we can keep it, and they will bring the war to us, sooner or later.

If we go to war against eXilition, I fear to experience a repeat of round 15 with our dc's working their arse of to cover some incomings, only to see ND launch morning waves and take cap on us. Only this time with both ND and Omen, in which case there is no doubt we would lose rather quickly.

eXilition are not currently "winning", they are just very fat. Sure it would make sense to target them to steal some of their roids, but they are the one alliance that can actually defend them well.

As I said, I wouldn't mind such a war, but I don't think I am in the position to start it.
This implies that Angels are more than happy to wait, see ND and Omen go and hit exilition and then try and hold on to any kind of lead they might have, as they know the first two will lose stacks of value because exilition are better and the second one can't possibly come out unscathed considering their numbers. The lead that you would build, therefore is one that you were prepared to defend until December.

So when people make political moves to counter that strategy, you can hardly be surprised and thus anything you write on the issue is pretty much laughable. You were trying to be awkward for everyone else and now others are being awkward to you and it should come as no surprise whatsoever.

As for the blatant attempt to try and divide NewDawn - if you want to talk about division, we could stand here all day laughing at the fact that a good number of your membership have planetnaps with the opposition while the rest of your members are hung out to dry. You might want to try and pick on different affiliations but as an ND member I hope we never tolerate such pathetic behaviour amongst our own ranks.
Unread 5 Nov 2006, 11:56   #227
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

When it comes to Angels and their members I cant really say i've seen a more selfish bunch in PA. Being HC in Angels with all the players pulling in every direction they feel likecant be easy. Im not exactly impressed with their ability to control their members given my previous expiriences with them.

They're like The Brady Bunch on acid!
Unread 5 Nov 2006, 11:59   #228
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

they're not all selfish, they're mostly just walkovers, of course there's only a bunch of them who really are selfish and use them totally for their own gain. and the walkovers of course, don't do anything about it
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2006, 12:19   #229
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
This implies that Angels are more than happy to wait, see ND and Omen go and hit exilition
While you are making a good overall evaluation of the situation, there is one thing you're missing. Or two. First, ND are politically allied to LCH, so they have some numeric advantage to grind with. Second, Angels has treaties with Tides of Fire, and Vision, so they have even more numeric leverage. Now why on earth would Omen interfere in by attacking eXilition, just to face an inevitable fight against a double or triple quantity? The logic of yours would imply we should ally either side and work our way in. There's a plethora of choices, and the overall lack of interest in dealing with a plethora of "threats" affects our choices too.

We're not just going to lick the pavement and roll in the red carpet for Angels, that's for sure.
Unread 5 Nov 2006, 12:26   #230
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
While you are making a good overall evaluation of the situation, there is one thing you're missing. Or two. First, ND are politically allied to LCH, so they have some numeric advantage to grind with. Second, Angels has treaties with Tides of Fire, and Vision, so they have even more numeric leverage. Now why on earth would Omen interfere in by attacking eXilition, just to face an inevitable fight against a double or triple quantity? The logic of yours would imply we should ally either side and work our way in. There's a plethora of choices, and the overall lack of interest in dealing with a plethora of "threats" affects our choices too.

We're not just going to lick the pavement and roll in the red carpet for Angels, that's for sure.
Far be it from me to throw stones at ND's allies but LCH are 11th and we are talking about exilition who have a plethora of fleet power. Now I don't think that's a reasonable basis to conduct a war with exilition.

As to why Omen would interfere - well, first off let me make it clear that I'm not taking Omen for granted in my evaluation. It just seems to me that a point would come where you would feel obliged to hit exilition which is exactly what Angels (as you rightly seem to understand) are hoping for because in the next few weeks, they would grow dramatically at an increasing rate unchecked and Angels have pretty much made it clear they want to play on it.

Angels tried to close off the round which certainly isn't in anyone's interests if you aren't Angels. Doing something gives ND at least a vague chance of doing something progressive and given my assessment above and your assessment of the Angels position, it's hardly surprising that suddenly it's them feeling their nadgers in a vice.

What's the future for ND as a result of this? The honest assessment is don't know and don't particularly care, given that the other options are equally as messy, if not worse. If it goes well however and ND play well, the round will be opened up quite considerably, which is a damn sight better than the position they lie in today.
Unread 5 Nov 2006, 12:51   #231
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
Coming from a guy who isn't playing and selfpronounced "out of the loop" this sure means alot!
What does being "out of the loop" have to do with eXi's score gains? you're gaining a mil a day on ToF, at this rate eXi will win the round pretty comfortably with the current top 4 alliances fighting amongs each other for the #2 spot, as thats what they're seemingly doing atm.
Unread 5 Nov 2006, 17:24   #232
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Kila, in the post I replied to, you said nothing about scoregains, you made an unfounded claim on eXilition having 49 members.

Also, why is Keizari implying that Omen are on their own in this thing called politics? They clearly aren't, thats for sure.
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2006, 02:03   #233
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

you get'em stoom.
Unread 6 Nov 2006, 17:10   #234
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Kila, in the post I replied to, you said nothing about scoregains, you made an unfounded claim on eXilition having 49 members.
The 49 was just me misreading the 43 that eXi had intag (yes I'm an idiot), but I do know that they have people playing for them outisde of their tag - people in other tags who attack/fleetatch etc with eXi.

Quote:
Also, why is Keizari implying that Omen are on their own in this thing called politics? They clearly aren't, thats for sure.
First you call my claims unfounded and then say this?
Unread 6 Nov 2006, 18:01   #235
GrandAdm Thrawn

GrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäja
While you are making a good overall evaluation of the situation, there is one thing you're missing. Or two. First, ND are politically allied to LCH, so they have some numeric advantage to grind with.
I heard ND is not only with LCH but also with xVx..
GrandAdm Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2006, 19:18   #236
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
but I do know that they have people playing for them outisde of their tag - people in other tags who attack/fleetatch etc with eXi.
anyone getting gal m8's or friends to join them on a fleetcatch is normal procedure

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2006, 19:37   #237
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

Quote:

qebab... dident angels nap exi r13? was that ok as angels did it? or also bad?

if a group of alliances gangs on angels, would u just sit there and take the beating?
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2006, 19:38   #238
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandAdm Thrawn
someone give this man some posrep. :/
Unread 6 Nov 2006, 20:44   #239
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo
anyone getting gal m8's or friends to join them on a fleetcatch is normal procedure
The odd fleetcatch is acceptable, but it becomes something different altogether when they are helping eXi's fleetcatching BGs on a daily basis.
Unread 6 Nov 2006, 21:07   #240
rshih
Aaranaf's Master

rshih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nice

Attacking with exi is fun, so much flak :d
R3: nub R10: 12:9:1 to 9:7:3 G Rank #14 P Rank #194
R4: 275:6:13 R10.5: 17:9:9 quitter
R5: 4:8:4 to 35:11:x R11: 15:4:9 G Rank #10 P Rank #32
R6: 22:22:11 R12: 29:8:9
R7: 8:16:9 G Rank #52 R13: Forgot
R9: 52:6:5 for a week R14: Forgot
R9.5: 12:7:17 G Rank #17 R17: 14:3:6 G Rank #6 P Rank #9

[1up] Peon
rshih is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2006, 21:24   #241
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandAdm Thrawn
I also heard that ToF was going to stop sending 11 fleets over 4 waves on a 200 roid planet (<3 tof)

Edit: 5 waves. Sorry Possible that one guy just launched late though

Last edited by Squidly; 6 Nov 2006 at 21:56.
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2006, 21:55   #242
ChipZ^
Registered AbUser

ChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The odd fleetcatch is acceptable, but it becomes something different altogether when they are helping eXi's fleetcatching BGs on a daily basis.
Daily? Afaik our ziks dont really do FCs every day. Recently ive been on a few but not many considereing the length of the round.

BTW people do invite friends to attack with them (including FCs), this isn't againt PAteam rules..................................................yet.
Unread 6 Nov 2006, 23:47   #243
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipZ^
Daily? Afaik our ziks dont really do FCs every day. Recently ive been on a few but not many considereing the length of the round.

BTW people do invite friends to attack with them (including FCs), this isn't againt PAteam rules..................................................yet.
Actually it is if they do it more than once and they aren't people from the galaxies of your alliance mates that are attacking, because of the support planets rule.
Unread 6 Nov 2006, 23:48   #244
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
someone give this man some posrep. :/
In the 'making shit up' stakes it was rather well done I have to agree.
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 00:15   #245
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
if your gonna post from outside the box then do so with proof

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 00:22   #246
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
I also heard that ToF was going to stop sending 11 fleets over 4 waves on a 200 roid planet (<3 tof)

Edit: 5 waves. Sorry Possible that one guy just launched late though
not our fault ND have shit roids :'-(

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 00:36   #247
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

I think its time Nd And Omen used their true skills to spice up this round:
1) pose as a horny female noob and lure an unsuspecting Angels member into a private room
2) Get him so hot he forgets all about his Alliances torrid political hisorty and in a moment of self enjoment screams his address as he wants more from the ND/omen sluts
3) Jump in LCH's Van and let Omen pick the lock while ND makes a pot of tea in the strangers house
4) Send all Poor Mr Angels fleets attacking exilition
5) Add structure killers and call your fleets 'Kaifux is ghey' 'VNC for teh Win' and 'Have legit credit card, will travel'
6) repeat x 78 members
7) sit back and watch the fireworks

prob about the only way this round will get any more exciting
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 00:48   #248
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo
if your gonna post from outside the box then do so with proof
What proof do you want?

"I know that on the 5 November at PT xxx that Mr. Boombastic joined in with a fleetcatch on xx:xx:xx - check the news report!"

Firstly how are you meant to prove it?
Secondly coords aren't allowed.
Thirdly eXi have pretty much admitted that occasionally they have people joining them on fleetcatches.

I'm not sure what Kila's point is, as all alliances have people joining them in fleetcatches. In fact I'd say eXi have more of a right to it than anyone, as they're still 20 or so planets below the alliance limit. An alliance that is full up and still using other planets to help them out should be scorned for doing it.
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 03:58   #249
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipZ^

i wish we had fcs everyday its a blessing when we actually get one, and it gets omg 200 def fleets ahoy
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 05:00   #250
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

thats because Alki BCs...
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote