User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 29 Sep 2006, 18:03   #301
The Globe
Genieten in een Teug

The Globe is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Round 19 Predictions

interesting
r1 - 17:23:6 [TFD]
r2 - 50:9:20 [TFD]
r3 - 21:24:17 [NOS]
r4 - 290:25:3 [Xanadu] {44: Might of Rome}
r5 - 28:16:24 [WPO] {58: Lothlórien}
r6 - 28:11:18 [Titans] {33: Honour & Loyalty}
r7 - 17:6:6 [Titans] {18: Honour & Loyalty}
r8 - 26:2:9 [Titans] {4: Grumpy Gits}
r9 - resting
r9.5 - 46:7:19 [LDK] {2: The 7 Deadly Sins}
r10 --> PLT r7 - 14:5:8 [OuZo] {1: Horny Roiders}
The Globe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2006, 18:06   #302
Odyssey
The Ministry Hero

Odyssey is an unknown quantity at this point

#1 - Ministry
Odyssey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2006, 18:52   #303
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Oh but when you pass that point you might feel inclined that you can do something about it rather than be resigned to defeat.
sure one "CAN" but we both know they won't, again subh last round, omen the round before.. and so on.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2006, 22:11   #304
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
sure one "CAN" but we both know they won't, again subh last round, omen the round before.. and so on.
If someone is afraid of LCH, subh or Omen i wonder why they bothered signing up in the first place. Really, I don't think they have any kind of fear factor.

You say I know - well actually, I'm not too sure. When i was HC'ing in my early days (take round 3 as an example, when I was pretty much learning how to play properly), I was scared to **** of Fury and Legion but like **** did I give a toss about RB (infact we attacked them and gave them a run for their money despite them having a stackload of cheating ****s), SL pre Lantador's defection, Elysium or anyone of that nature. I think the difference in opposition does affect even the most cowardly HC's outlook on the game.

It's for that reason that while I think you have every right to entertain that option, you're displaying an unwarranted amount of pessimism.
Unread 29 Sep 2006, 22:27   #305
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

it's not that they're afraid, it's just that they're all idiots. they'll go for safe choices, not one alliance that's playing with full power has truly shown anything that would suggest otherwise.

edit; and if one was to happen to not be an idiot, they'd still be brought down by others ie omen when they were hit by subh/esc/xvx, or 1up when backstabbed etc etc
Unread 30 Sep 2006, 15:31   #306
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think pig's point was that they haven't been given a chance to show their true colours.

It's like the kid in class who is always dominated by the louder kids shouting above him and getting all the attention. As soon as they leave and aren't in the class, the quieter kid can come into his own and participate more.

Not the best of analogies, but I'm sure you see where I'm coming from.
Unread 30 Sep 2006, 21:19   #307
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

MaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these parts

Quote:
it's not that they're afraid, it's just that they're all idiots. they'll go for safe choices, not one alliance that's playing with full power has truly shown anything that would suggest otherwise.

edit; and if one was to happen to not be an idiot, they'd still be brought down by others ie omen when they were hit by subh/esc/xvx, or 1up when backstabbed etc etc
i think thatss because in past alliances like 1up/exi played.

r13 no one dared to war 1up, exi did. after this exi became a superpower
r15, angels wanted to join the powerleague, and they actually did attack exi when exi was busy fighting 1up tho eventually it didnt work out so fell.

and so far about omen, from what ive seen they didnt really get the chance so far because somehow n0b0alliances looked at sandmans + saw omen as a new alliance coming from n0b0game pia and gangbanged omen in 2rounds they played. mainly because i think omen didnt had that fearfactor lokken is talking about. which u only create by beating the strongest alliance around.

i think this round without 1up and a far smaller/weaker exi there could emerge another superpower alliance. and alliances like lch/omen/angels (i dont count ND because they played 23023023 rounds so far and proved shit) can really be worht something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
I signed up to make sure eX didnt win the round, thanks to your HCs last decision it looks like I succeeded
Apprime
MaxMilliaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2006, 01:45   #308
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I think pig's point was that they haven't been given a chance to show their true colours.

It's like the kid in class who is always dominated by the louder kids shouting above him and getting all the attention. As soon as they leave and aren't in the class, the quieter kid can come into his own and participate more.

Not the best of analogies, but I'm sure you see where I'm coming from.
the back of the class where you were bullied and pied on?
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2006, 02:03   #309
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
the back of the class where you were bullied and pied on?
Pied on?

This must be a Dutch thing. In England you aren't allowed food in class, let alone pies of any form
Unread 1 Oct 2006, 09:01   #310
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Disagree. Attacking is taking someone's roids, twatting is more akin to doing something far more damaging - taking fleet and pretty much roiding the planet to the ground. I'd say that a more contextual approach again is helpful on this point.

Roiding to the ground or destroying a fleet that early in the round is not exactly hard to replace, god if everyone quit who'd lost fleet and roids early on then there wouldnt be anyone left.

God I know this game can be boring and tiring, but give the players a little credit, I didnt think anyone was that big of a push-over.

give it a few more rounds and attacking will probably have been disabled for the good of the game, to stop carebears from quitting because "they lost all their little shippies and all their roidies........ aww poor babies"
Unread 1 Oct 2006, 10:55   #311
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morden
Roiding to the ground or destroying a fleet that early in the round is not exactly hard to replace, god if everyone quit who'd lost fleet and roids early on then there wouldnt be anyone left.

God I know this game can be boring and tiring, but give the players a little credit, I didnt think anyone was that big of a push-over.

give it a few more rounds and attacking will probably have been disabled for the good of the game, to stop carebears from quitting because "they lost all their little shippies and all their roidies........ aww poor babies"
Oh I doubt doing it early would stop any decent planet, this is obvious - the later in the round, obviously, the most effective it will be. I was merely distinguishing between what I thought 'attacking' and 'twatting' was and I'm all in favour of both - I haven't said either is bad, in the right context. I was just merely giving a definition of both and didn't say what was appropriate for exilition early round.

People are free to twist my posts and by 'eck you have done.
Unread 1 Oct 2006, 20:27   #312
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Pied on?

This must be a Dutch thing. In England you aren't allowed food in class, let alone pies of any form
I think I ment peed?
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2006, 20:32   #313
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMilliaN
r15, angels wanted to join the powerleague, and they actually did attack exi when exi was busy fighting 1up tho eventually it didnt work out so fell.
You mean they were outblocked by eXi and their flak?
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2006, 20:49   #314
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
You mean they were outblocked by eXi and their flak?
As I remember it, I think it would be more correct to say that they were hit by eXilition/Subh and to a lesser degree vgn, while ND roided us for "political" reasons.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2006, 20:56   #315
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

You were hit by eXi/Subh/HR/VGN - Subh/HR/VGN would first wave you, then eXi would come in and take your roids after your defence was leeched.

Yeah, the "political" reasons are that Angels decided to attack ND while being in a war where you were outblocked, ofc ND hit back.
Unread 1 Oct 2006, 21:54   #316
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
You were hit by eXi/Subh/HR/VGN - Subh/HR/VGN would first wave you, then eXi would come in and take your roids after your defence was leeched.

Yeah, the "political" reasons are that Angels decided to attack ND while being in a war where you were outblocked, ofc ND hit back.
Why do you think we hit them in the first place? They kept creeping in after eXi, taking our roids to "balance the round" or to keep the war on the edge or whatever they said after the round was done.

Still though, I guess we should just leave it here, it doesn't belong in this topic.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2006, 23:35   #317
themast
Punk

themast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these parts

Quote:
(i dont count ND because they played 23023023 rounds so far and proved shit)
how can ND be shit if we are normally in the top5?
Rd6&7 4D (20:8:6) & (20:2:10) Rd14 ND (2:5:4)
Rd8 Did not play Rd15 Did not play
Rd9 4D/SWaRM (13:4:10) Rd16 ND (14:1:6)
Rd9.5 SWaRM (42:7:4) Rd17 ND (13:10:8)
Rd10 SWaRM (21:4:7) Rd18 ND (13:6:8)
Rd10.5 SWaRM (5:5:10) Rd19 ND - HC (1:9:3)
Rd11 ND (32:2:10) Rd36 ND 7:9:7
Rd12 ND (30:10:1)
themast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2006, 23:39   #318
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by themast
how can ND be shit if we are normally in the top5?
because in maximillian's eyes if you don't win you're shit.

ND aren't and never have been fantastic. What they have done between round 11-16 is punch massively above their weight and given some credible performances that surprised quite a few people that they could achieve such consistently good rankings. If ND were that little bit harder, they might even have won a round. The reason they punched above their weight is because their members were nowhere near as selfish as others might have been and had HC who had their heads relatively screwed on.
Unread 2 Oct 2006, 00:43   #319
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
because in maximillian's eyes if you don't win you're shit.

ND aren't and never have been fantastic. What they have done between round 11-16 is punch massively above their weight and given some credible performances that surprised quite a few people that they could achieve such consistently good rankings. If ND were that little bit harder, they might even have won a round. The reason they punched above their weight is because their members were nowhere near as selfish as others might have been and had HC who had their heads relatively screwed on.
I think the whole "punching above their weight" thing is silly. The phrase has boxing origins - referrring to someone who can hold their own with someone of a heavier weight than themselves. Quality isn't a measure of someone's weight. Any alliance who has the maximum (or near it) members allowed by the rules is NOT "punching above their weight" - weight in PA can only refer to number of members. If some of those members are fat rather than muscle then that doesn't make them lighter weight.

How are YOU defining an alliance's 'weight'? By some personalview of their ability? i.e. "they finished 5th but they're only the 7th best alliance so they 'punched above their weight'"?

Any alliance with maximum members is a heavy weight - just some are George Foremans.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm not trying to have a go at ND. I jus tthink using "Punching above their weight" when yoiu probably mean "did better than people expect them to" is misleading - as it confuses an objective measure (weight/number of members) with a subjective one (ability).

Last edited by Synthetic_Sid; 2 Oct 2006 at 00:50.
Synthetic_Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Oct 2006, 02:24   #320
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Oh I doubt doing it early would stop any decent planet, this is obvious - the later in the round, obviously, the most effective it will be. I was merely distinguishing between what I thought 'attacking' and 'twatting' was and I'm all in favour of both - I haven't said either is bad, in the right context. I was just merely giving a definition of both and didn't say what was appropriate for exilition early round.

People are free to twist my posts and by 'eck you have done.
lol sorry about that, my post wasnt just refering to you, it was mainly aimed at the whole arguement, I just didnt feel like putting in all the quotes and yours was the last one i read before i replied :-)

Though with regards to attacking and twatting........ it depends on the person who's organising, ive always considered attacking to be for roids mainly, whereas "twatting" to be to hit them until they arent a threat anymore or die trying. but thats just me I guess.

Even so, early in the round, their is little difference between attacking and twatting, aside from the frequency of the incomming.
Unread 2 Oct 2006, 03:04   #321
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

This thread has been an "interesting" read to say the least...

My prediction for r19 is, I will (most likely not) exceed my ridiculously low self-expectations and do well.

(read: NOT crash my fleet within the first two weeks)

Quote:

Though with regards to attacking and twatting........ it depends on the person who's organising, ive always considered attacking to be for roids mainly, whereas "twatting" to be to hit them until they arent a threat anymore or die trying. but thats just me I guess.

I would agree with that statement. Well put.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Oct 2006, 13:29   #322
Sjor

Sjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
i think thatss because in past alliances like 1up/exi played.

r13 no one dared to war 1up, exi did. after this exi became a superpower

r13 angels was fighting 1up we more or less had a shared victory. exil was better in recruiting shipjumpers
r15 we saw exil and their helpers and hit them. If we wouldnt go after them the round would end up beeing boring pretty fast

what i can say for angels we are not afraid to fight even if its 3 alliances like it was in r 17. Also we do not backstabb what cant be said for many alliances. we keep our politics straight

Prod to not have been in many alliances
Sjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Oct 2006, 14:32   #323
Cartman
eXilition seXyness

Cartman has a spectacular aura aboutCartman has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjor
r13 angels was fighting 1up we more or less had a shared victory. exil was better in recruiting shipjumpers
nice grudge.. eXil was the best ally.. recruiting has nothing to do with our win that round.. and tbh .. what players are u referring to?
[Spore] ~ High Council
[Norsemen] ~ Chief
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Oct 2006, 14:37   #324
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Angels were fighting 1up? wasn't it more like Angels joining the eXi/LCH/ToT block for one day, being targetted by 1up's block and losing 25% of your roids and quitting the block, and therefore the war for the rest of the round? Angels were NAPed to eXi at the end but they weren't at war with 1up for very long.
Unread 2 Oct 2006, 14:50   #325
Cartman
eXilition seXyness

Cartman has a spectacular aura aboutCartman has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Angels were fighting 1up? wasn't it more like Angels joining the eXi/LCH/ToT block for one day, being targetted by 1up's block and losing 25% of your roids and quitting the block, and therefore the war for the rest of the round? Angels were NAPed to eXi at the end but they weren't at war with 1up for very long.
peeps can decide to hit a ally without joining a block.. simply because of grudge or so... and if i recall right angels that round did not want eX to win and told their members to focus eX for the last 2 weeks..giving up #1 ....
[Spore] ~ High Council
[Norsemen] ~ Chief
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Oct 2006, 16:22   #326
_Kila_
break it down!

I think you're referring to R15 whereas I was referring to R13 where Angels were never in competition for the #1 spot, they were hovering about the t5 and then slipped into #2 after eXi had won the round, Angels weren't hitting eXi - otherwise Keizari would have been roided/fleetcaught etc to give the #1 spot to Figar (a lot of eXi members were unhappy about Keizari joining Angels who were napped to eXi at the time).

Angels joined the eXi block, got battered and left, they continued the rest of the round by doing galraids etc, they weren't involved in any wars.
Unread 3 Oct 2006, 07:44   #327
Sjor

Sjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I think you're referring to R15 whereas I was referring to R13 where Angels were never in competition for the #1 spot, they were hovering about the t5 and then slipped into #2 after eXi had won the round, Angels weren't hitting eXi - otherwise Keizari would have been roided/fleetcaught etc to give the #1 spot to Figar (a lot of eXi members were unhappy about Keizari joining Angels who were napped to eXi at the time).

Angels joined the eXi block, got battered and left, they continued the rest of the round by doing galraids etc, they weren't involved in any wars.
only reason we had no fight was Irvine that was tired and due to the ammount of incs we had (ofc it was not as huge as exil had but thats politics)
i have personaly roided more than 25 ND and 15 1up planets

sorry cant remember any nicks that joined you but we had 1 week of recruiting run where we have also been very close in score

Last edited by Sjor; 3 Oct 2006 at 07:50.
Unread 3 Oct 2006, 14:11   #328
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Holy crow... Planets of an alliance getting roided in PA? Well done sjor!
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2006, 15:13   #329
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Angels weren't hitting eXi - otherwise Keizari would have been roided/fleetcaught etc to give the #1 spot to Figar (a lot of eXi members were unhappy about Keizari joining Angels who were napped to eXi at the time).
Think they would have been equally unhappy had I joined eXilition?
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2006, 15:15   #330
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm not trying to have a go at ND. I jus tthink using "Punching above their weight" when yoiu probably mean "did better than people expect them to" is misleading - as it confuses an objective measure (weight/number of members) with a subjective one (ability).
They certainly didn't have a dedicated (in terms of activity) memberbase (which is not me having a go at them) to warrant their good performances in that period, infact in one round they started off with less than 20 members, pretty close to rudderless and finished 2nd. It's just that they were used in a way to be greater than the sum of their parts (be it political, via motivation or otherwise) and exceeded the performance of more dedicated alliances (LCH, Angels), which equates with punching above your weight.
Unread 3 Oct 2006, 15:16   #331
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:

Even so, early in the round, their is little difference between attacking and twatting, aside from the frequency of the incomming.
Won't disagree with that, good post.
Unread 3 Oct 2006, 16:05   #332
jerome

i think everyone knows how keizari REALLY won that round, i'm sure you do kila, you yourself had a go with rain in r16 too
Unread 3 Oct 2006, 16:14   #333
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
i think everyone knows how keizari REALLY won that round, i'm sure you do kila, you yourself had a go with rain in r16 too
Reckon Elviz has been on my assumed footsteps lately? I bet we'd all be equally happy if figar or Sjor would've won the round not doing what you are refering I would have been doing? This conversation is always equally amusing!
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2006, 16:37   #334
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
only reason we had no fight was Irvine that was tired and due to the ammount of incs we had (ofc it was not as huge as exil had but thats politics)
i have personaly roided more than 25 ND and 15 1up planets

I actually remember you accidently fleetcatching Scorpio but I don't think you knew it. You would've gotten through since ND were out of fleets and we couldn't get it covered enough ingal, so I organized a fleetcatch on you. We then cut a deal through a friend of yours in ND, so you recalled and we did to. I think I was still planning on landing the fleetcatch after you'd recalled, but my honour me to do so. Both ended up happy.
Unread 3 Oct 2006, 16:38   #335
jerome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
Reckon Elviz has been on my assumed footsteps lately? I bet we'd all be equally happy if figar or Sjor would've won the round not doing what you are refering I would have been doing? This conversation is always equally amusing!
i am the only person who truly deserves to have won pretty much every pa round
Unread 3 Oct 2006, 18:12   #336
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Suicides are suicides, unless you have evidence that I donated my ships to rain (who's co-ords I hadn't known until I was told that I had "donated" to him the day after sending my ships off), I suggest you pipe down
Unread 3 Oct 2006, 18:19   #337
jerome

don't be pathetic kila.
Unread 3 Oct 2006, 18:53   #338
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
don't be pathetic kila.
Already tried with this one 5 rounds ago :/

My prediction LCH and Exil at the top lets just hope in the order i keep my fingers crossed for.
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 00:33   #339
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
Already tried with this one 5 rounds ago :/

My prediction LCH and Exil at the top lets just hope in the order i keep my fingers crossed for.
If LCH perform like r11 to whenever they took a break they'll end about half the score of exilition.
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 15:57   #340
MaVeRiXX
PornStar

MaVeRiXX is infamous around these parts

One word: NewDawn

We will pwn you all!! If you hear spaceships around your planets, most likely it will be us..be warnend, see you on the battlefield my friends...

Soaring where Angels fear to Fly
MaVeRiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 16:56   #341
Sjor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buly
I actually remember you accidently fleetcatching Scorpio but I don't think you knew it. You would've gotten through since ND were out of fleets and we couldn't get it covered enough ingal, so I organized a fleetcatch on you. We then cut a deal through a friend of yours in ND, so you recalled and we did to. I think I was still planning on landing the fleetcatch after you'd recalled, but my honour me to do so. Both ended up happy.
i usually pull if friends ask me to. thats the reason i will never win a round as i run out o targets pretty fast

Unread 9 Oct 2006, 13:54   #342
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hook
But will Kj be handling PR on the boards?

Please....?
I wouldn't want to dissappoint you, now would I?

Now plz crawl back from that ****hole you came from kthxbye...

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2006, 15:31   #343
TheGoaT
Old Timer

TheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to behold

just like every round, there will be 2 alliances that are good, and all the others will spend the round supporting one or the other til their numbers are greater and they win. Its like a bad record.
Round 19-20: Ascendancy
Round 21: Quit
Round 30: Ascendancy
Round 75-81: DLR
TheGoaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2006, 16:24   #344
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Surely that is the measure of any alliance?

On fighting form, despite a lack of general membership activity, ND could do damage to anyone, and punch a hole in most.

The problem being that the alliance was often run by a handful of people, and we also had significant numbers of incomings pretty much every round I was there. We can play the numbers game if you'd like, but we did that closer to the time and I can state pretty much conclusively that ND have had nights just as bad, or worse, than Angels.

Both ND and Angels quite simply failed in this area. That's all there is to it. 1up and eXilition fought harder and better than either of us in all rounds, although I'm extremely proud of what a relatively inactive alliance managed whilst I was there, and by far the most important thing, I had a fantastic time.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote