User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 22 Dec 2005, 03:30   #1
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold
PAN and its building BLOCKS

So round 15 comes to a close and weve all enjoyed it as one of the closest and most fairly played rounds in a while, both politically and military wise.

But you know what... this round as far as i can see has started no new alliance grudges or grievances that will be carried into next round, and the fact that for next round there will surely be 5 allies vying for #1 spot ( 1up,exilition,Angels,LCH,ND) means that there is a high chance of allies teaming up and trying not to make the wrong political moves again.

Yes it may be bad for the game, but who can seriously see 1up and Angels playing totally solo when they tried that and failed already. And surely LCH and ND will want to bolster some more support in a bid to grasp the top echelons of the game.

Anyway i sure as hell dont want to be the one of those top 5 allies who gets left out due to numbers, or maybe it will end up 2 vs 3 etc, but i can pretty safely guess things wont run mostly solo as they did this round as there are too many big names with too much to lose if they try solo again. Just an educated guess before nxt round planning starts anyway. Congrats to exilition for win, Angels for dud politics (again - u really need an ally the most lol ), 1up for the hard fight but still losing to ur enemies - LCH) LCH for rebuilding a team capable of a top finish next round and ND for well.... i guess u know how to roid and oh, how to lose 40k roids in less than a week.

See you in the free/speedgames - Rinoa out
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 04:47   #2
Sjor

Sjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to behold
Re: PAN and its building BLOCKS

heard that exil will again pass next round (can any HC comment this)

and yes they will be blocks
there can not be a gentlement agreement like in pia where it failed also

showing any grudges now will just justify one ally for making a block already

Prod to not have been in many alliances
Sjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 06:32   #3
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

All rumours Sjor, noone knows yet
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 06:35   #4
HK
Agnus Dei

HK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud of

Sorry, but I really laughed at one part of your post, maybe you can figure this out on your own :) Gl LCH in the next round tho, heh
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 06:35   #5
ChipZ^
Registered AbUser

ChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond repute

I do but im not telling ner ner ner :P
ChipZ^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 06:45   #6
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

With the new bits affecting alliances and all, I imagine it'll be an interesting round no matter what the blocks/solos are.

And rinoa, do you have to hate ND so passionately? what'd they do, steal your mashed potatos? :/
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 08:33   #7
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjor
heard that exil will again pass next round (can any HC comment this)

and yes they will be blocks
there can not be a gentlement agreement like in pia where it failed also

showing any grudges now will just justify one ally for making a block already

yea, heard kaifux wont play and that the rest cant play without him

would be sad after such a fun round. i wonder when exil will ever make 2 rounds in a row - i hope they will do this time
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 08:43   #8
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Isn't it a bit quick to talk about r16 blocks and other politics?

I guess that the free round will be Round 15.5 btw
And it will be called : 'The return of the mass multis'
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 08:48   #9
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

First of all, i have to correct you Rinoa but the next round wont be called PAN but will be a free round of 5 weeks where alliances will be limited to 50 members. The round called PAN will be the round17 and will be the next generation of PA where we will mostly see a new recode of PA.

Regarding Grudges and blocks and the criticism Angels has been under for the last few days, in no way i think we failed, i think we did remarquably well taking in mind that at no point we were napped and cooperating to more than one alliance. Of course we could have agreed to more than one NAP from our allies, we could even have taken a NAP from our ennemy "exilition" this round, but i think that would have unbalanced the sides and maybe ended the round so fast.

We played the round in a way that made it unstable until the end, i think that if we had played it differently, we would have seen either a total blocking and maybe a stagnating round where Angels would end #1 (or lose) by blocking and napping half the universe and killing exilitiion totally outnumbering them and their allies (that way the round would have ended at tick 500) or fall apart at tick 120 and let exilition run away with the victory so fast.

This is what really passionate me about PA and AD, in a AD poster point of view, you are either evil and block half the universe and get called a blocker and then people criticize your work and your victory, either you dont block and be very carefull about politics and try to play a honorable round without allying/napping anyone and trying to establish strategic and temporary nap in order to balance out the round but then if you "fail" and lose, you get flamed for your political strategy.

I think it has to take a lot of gutts, to see the #1 spot in front of you, not napping half the universe to take it and still believing in your alliance you can do it "alone". We failed in victory for #1, but i can say proudly that we achieved #3 alone, and outnumbered and we are proud for this.

Regarding round16, if we do play, we will have no grudge to any alliance, block wont be formed upon grudge, who know you might even see politics ties that arent even logical due to round15 politics ground.
We arent kiddies and we act only upon whats best for Angels and for the community, so we can have the best enjoyable round and attract new players to the game to make the battlefield more enjoyable and competitive. This is our GOAL.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 09:09   #10
Sjor

Sjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by alch
First of all, i have to correct you Rinoa but the next round wont be called PAN but will be a free round of 5 weeks where alliances will be limited to 50 members. The round called PAN will be the round17 and will be the next generation of PA where we will mostly see a new recode of PA.

Regarding Grudges and blocks and the criticism Angels has been under for the last few days, in no way i think we failed, i think we did remarquably well taking in mind that at no point we were napped and cooperating to more than one alliance. Of course we could have agreed to more than one NAP from our allies, we could even have taken a NAP from our ennemy "exilition" this round, but i think that would have unbalanced the sides and maybe ended the round so fast.

We played the round in a way that made it unstable until the end, i think that if we had played it differently, we would have seen either a total blocking and maybe a stagnating round where Angels would end #1 (or lose) by blocking and napping half the universe and killing exilitiion totally outnumbering them and their allies (that way the round would have ended at tick 500) or fall apart at tick 120 and let exilition run away with the victory so fast.

This is what really passionate me about PA and AD, in a AD poster point of view, you are either evil and block half the universe and get called a blocker and then people criticize your work and your victory, either you dont block and be very carefull about politics and try to play a honorable round without allying/napping anyone and trying to establish strategic and temporary nap in order to balance out the round but then if you "fail" and lose, you get flamed for your political strategy.

I think it has to take a lot of gutts, to see the #1 spot in front of you, not napping half the universe to take it and still believing in your alliance you can do it "alone". We failed in victory for #1, but i can say proudly that we achieved #3 alone, and outnumbered and we are proud for this.

Regarding round16, if we do play, we will have no grudge to any alliance, block wont be formed upon grudge, who know you might even see politics ties that arent even logical due to round15 politics ground.
We arent kiddies and we act only upon whats best for Angels and for the community, so we can have the best enjoyable round and attract new players to the game to make the battlefield more enjoyable and competitive. This is our GOAL.
/me proud to be [Irvine]'s wh0re

Prod to not have been in many alliances
Sjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 09:16   #11
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Well Rinoa, you're basically trying to justify pre-tick agreements with your posting, which is plain simply the worst thing that can happen to PA. I think everyone agrees on a level playing field to start with and thus any form of pre-round political agreements should be denied by (at least) all major alliances HC's (though I can imagine that especially LCH and eXilition will have a problem with such a thing, as they simply seem to lack the self-confidence to start a round solo for once ).

If alliances notice during the round that they need some temporary help, then let them form their temporary agreement - just like Angels and 1up formed one 2 weeks into the round in order to prevent eXilition from running away (note: not necessarily to kill eXilition, though that would have been a nice side-effect the primary aim surely was to be able to peg them back). And 1up / Angels dropped their cooperation again at some point - it was nothing that kept on for the rest of the round like some other agreements that were made even earlier than the 1up / Angels one.

In the end, however, the main problem is not necessarily to hold grudges towards alliances. Grudges against some alliance definately are a part of the problem, but primarily it is one alliance deciding pre-ticks to kill another alliance without waiting for how the game develops. Assumptions are the main problem. Alliances A and C lack some self-confidence and think that Alliance B can totally outplay them, thus A and C form some kind of agreement - let it be a NAP "only" - and we got already a tough situation. A and C benefit from the lesser amount of incoming from each other while B not just gets it's share of random incoming but proportionally higher incoming from A and C, especially when either A or C set their main aim to first kill B instead of waiting for how B performs.
It's like in a risk game, where everyone starts with the same amount of countries (and thus with the same chance to win) but still some people already think they will never ever be able to beat a certain opponent without any kind of agreement from the start. It's an issue of self-confidence, really.

edit: added "Well Rinoa" to the beginning of the post to clearify whom I am talking to here

Last edited by Heartless; 22 Dec 2005 at 09:23.
Heartless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 09:21   #12
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
You're basically trying to justify pre-tick agreements with your posting, which is plain simply the worst thing that can happen to PA.
Re-read my thread, i am against pre-tick agreements.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 09:22   #13
Heartless

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Re-read my thread, i am against pre-tick agreements.
And I wasn't quoting you, merely replying to Rinoa
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 09:52   #14
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

I hear rumours about some Angels breaking off to make a new alliance. Can someone in Angels comfirm or deny this?
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 10:43   #15
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
I hear rumours about some Angels breaking off to make a new alliance. Can someone in Angels comfirm or deny this?
Well the rumours, for a change, have some truth to it. Some pple will leave us after this round and some of them have plans to form something new. But those members made a promise, a contract, this round and will stick with us until the very last tick of round 15.

No disrespect to anyone, but this is actually a good action as it was required to concentrate on the pure Angels core, so all in all we have to and will have to kick pple we feel aren't pure core or won't be an addition to it (for newer members).

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 12:07   #16
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

NewDawn enters everyround with a open mind.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 12:12   #17
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

MaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these parts

2 rounds, 2 wins. enuf for me , making sure 1up gets burried twice feels quite good

and i dont believe eX has been treated fair the 2rounds they played by the community/admins so i wouldnt mind if they never played this game again

tho i'd like to see 1up vs Angels next round, battle for the second best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
I signed up to make sure eX didnt win the round, thanks to your HCs last decision it looks like I succeeded
Apprime
MaxMilliaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 12:32   #18
TheGoaT
Old Timer

TheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMilliaN
2 rounds, 2 wins. enuf for me , making sure 1up gets burried twice feels quite good

and i dont believe eX has been treated fair the 2rounds they played by the community/admins so i wouldnt mind if they never played this game again

wow way to be a total dip shit.
Round 19-20: Ascendancy
Round 21: Quit
Round 30: Ascendancy
Round 75-81: DLR
TheGoaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 12:40   #19
Heartless

Quote:
Personally I think eXilition never wanted to be treated 'fair' in those 2 rounds though. First round they formed a huge kickass block imbalancing the universe, second round they exploited the alliance limit due to the stats flaw. Sounds not exactly like the 'fair' play I know from sports.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 12:42   #20
TheGoaT
Old Timer

TheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to behold

way to have a whole new rule entered into the game because you want to abuse the system and use underhanded tactics. pld.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 12:45   #21
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

Quote:
Personally I think eXilition never wanted to be treated 'fair' in those 2 rounds though. First round they formed a huge kickass block imbalancing the universe, second round they exploited the alliance limit due to the stats flaw. Sounds not exactly like the 'fair' play I know from sports.
Your points are getting rather boring. Don't you have anything new to add to the conversations?

Edit: typo

Last edited by Hude; 22 Dec 2005 at 12:53.
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 12:51   #22
Heartless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hude
Your points are getting rather boring. Don't you anything new to add to the conversations?
Just because mentioning someone does something bad might get 'boring' in the eyes of the subject committing the bad things, it doesn't mean it gets invalid.

I am looking forward to eXilition's next round, I guess there's something new to add (but even more I hope there are a lot of things to remove from the list).
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 12:52   #23
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Stuff like this makes it hard for me and probably others to really pay the slightest respect to you. How pathetic is it to be such a sore, arrogant person when you won an INTERNET game ... That's beyond me really.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 13:02   #24
TheGoaT
Old Timer

far greater alliances have been at the top of PA in its history than exilition. Dont let your ego think that 2 wins makes you the greatest thing out there.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 13:03   #25
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

Quote:
Just because mentioning someone does something bad might get 'boring' in the eyes of the subject committing the bad things, it doesn't mean it gets invalid.

I am looking forward to eXilition's next round, I guess there's something new to add (but even more I hope there are a lot of things to remove from the list).
The thing is that you spread your opinion about r13/r15 tactics in almost every possible thread around. It is boring. I don't agree with your points but obviously it is also useless to go deeper into that conversation. The opposing side is always the bad guys, it is just a matter of view point really.
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 13:03   #26
suave

suave is a glorious beacon of lightsuave is a glorious beacon of lightsuave is a glorious beacon of lightsuave is a glorious beacon of lightsuave is a glorious beacon of lightsuave is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
you don't have many other things you enjoy in life it seems
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 13:09   #27
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

MaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Stuff like this makes it hard for me and probably others to really pay the slightest respect to you. How pathetic is it to be such a sore, arrogant person when you won an INTERNET game ... That's beyond me really.
the truth sometimes sounds arrogant but it still is the truth. Angels seems isnt the best, neither is 1up so i'd like to see which 1 would be better... whats wrong about that? i think i overestimated 1up twice and underestimated Angels this round. and btw if you cant handle losing then dont play such games, i only said fact: both 1up or Angels arent for #1 position.

and relax man its eX-Mas :xmas:

Quote:
I signed up to make sure eX didnt win the round, thanks to your HCs last decision it looks like I succeeded
Apprime
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 13:11   #28
TheGoaT
Old Timer

gloating over a win hardly earns you any respect.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 13:23   #29
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by suave
you don't have many other things you enjoy in life it seems
since when is thread about what i enjoy in life?
i like alcohol, drugs, girls, dnbparties, i watch beavis & butthead, i also like to watch some anime as in bleach and One Piece. i like smoking weed when chilling out with friends. i like annoying silly geeks who cant take a loss in a NETGAME. i hate my work but i dont understand what all this has to do with this thread. if you got nothin to add because you are a sore loser then pls dont post and go eat cock instead (sorry i assumed you are gay)

Quote:
Apprime
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 13:27   #30
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoaT
gloating over a win hardly earns you any respect.
/me wonders if I should find all the 1up bragging posts from r12/14
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 13:35   #31
Heartless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
/me wonders if I should find all the 1up bragging posts from r12/14
Forgive him for he hasn't been 1up that time if I remember correctly.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 13:49   #32
TheGoaT
Old Timer

you wont find any gloating posts from me, and just as those members at that time werent respected, neither will current ones like maxmillian.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 14:00   #33
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Back to topic, I would say that it will come down entirely to which alliances choose to play the round.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 16:22   #34
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

tbh, eXi cant be whined at for not playing 2 rounds in a row.

This is the decission of 1 person.

If he needs a round of. Which I understand 100% if he does. then no one can whine at that tbh.
---

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 16:27   #35
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

There is nothing wrong with taking a round off.
In the same sentence though, you can't claim to be better than an alliance that does play both rounds, winning both.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 16:39   #36
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
In the same sentence though, you can't claim to be better than an alliance that does play both rounds, winning both.
I m not saying that I am, but I think, however, that idd eXi can say so since they didnt play the rounds 1up won, while they beat 1up in both rounds they played.

I c both sides here, and I know it is hard to keep ace activity many rounds in a row, but playing a round without main competition playing is also an easy win.

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 16:42   #37
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
I m not saying that I am, but I think, however, that idd eXi can say so since they didnt play the rounds 1up won, while they beat 1up in both rounds they played.

I c both sides here, and I know it is hard to keep ace activity many rounds in a row, but playing a round without main competition playing is also an easy win.
I'm sure in Rounds 11, 12, 14 people like LCH, Angels, FAnG etc would have to disagree that there was no competition and 1up will tell you none of them were "easy" wins.

eX arrogance make me want to vomit.

And for the last time *you* didn't beat anyone, your block did. Politics is fair but give the others credit where it's due.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 16:42   #38
Forest

And if Sid and 1up took a round off, as kaifux and Exi did, and came back refreshed, whilst you played every round, don't you thibk it would be entirely different?
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 16:44   #39
ChipZ^
Registered AbUser

ChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't think anyone except max is claiming eX are better than 1up and there has been a thread about "who is best" and it was concluded its impossible to say.

To your claim about an allaince cant be the best if they play dont play 2 consecative rounds i just like to make a few comments:

1up has a team of HC, each responsible for a differnt part of the allaince, if one was to leave or go inactive his work could be spread amoung the other HC.

Exilition do not have that luxary. Kaifux is our only HC, there are no others to spread his work. Granted we do have heads of departments that do alot of work but without Kaifux we lose our leader. We have no-one to step up and take over from him as only Kaifux can do the job .

You may decide to liken this to Sid in 1up but ofc we have seen that he isnt necessarily needed to be active or even around for periods of time to stop the alliance colapsing.

In conclusion: Exilition is Kaifux - Kaifux is Exilition. If he has a round break (which he deserves) or decides to play as a peon for a round then Exiliton too will take a round break
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 16:49   #40
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipZ^
To your claim about an allaince cant be the best if they play dont play 2 consecative rounds i just like to make a few comments:
i didnt say an alliance cant be the best, I said it cant claim to be.
Quote:
1up has a team of HC, each responsible for a differnt part of the allaince, if one was to leave or go inactive his work could be spread amoung the other HC.

Exilition do not have that luxary. Kaifux is our only HC, there are no others to spread his work. Granted we do have heads of departments that do alot of work but without Kaifux we lose our leader. We have no-one to step up and take over from him as only Kaifux can do the job .

You may decide to liken this to Sid in 1up but ofc we have seen that he isnt necessarily needed to be active or even around for periods of time to stop the alliance colapsing.

In conclusion: Exilition is Kaifux - Kaifux is Exilition. If he has a round break (which he deserves) or decides to play as a peon for a round then Exiliton too will take a round break
So without kaifux you cant function? Your command structure is so poor that you cant play two rounds running?
Doesnt that make 1up better
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 16:56   #41
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
I'm sure in Rounds 11, 12, 14 people like LCH, Angels, FAnG etc would have to disagree that there was no competition and 1up will tell you none of them were "easy" wins. .
I mainly meant round 14.

r11,12 I didnt play, but I ve been told that the avg skill in most top alliances were -shit-
I am yet to be told that the quality of the other alliances in r11,12 could even be compared to 1up.
Also 1uo recruited the top players. afaik. correct me if I am mistaken.

Quote:
I d like to point out that in no way to I post for eXi. And to say that arrogance in eXi is higher than in 1up is just -wrong- V wrong.

Quote:
And for the last time *you* didn't beat anyone, your block did. Politics is fair but give the others credit where it's due.
eXi beat 1up in ranks. As in eXi ending ABOVE 1up. In other words - eXi beat 1up-

I do know that the alliances we have had during the round is a major reason we won this round. And I respect alot of their players, and I know they r skilled players which wont get enough credit for the hard work they did this round for their alliance. I share the win with all of our allies, but I stand by the fact that eXi beat 1up.

Quote:
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 16:56   #42
ChipZ^
Registered AbUser

Quote:
I'm sure in Rounds 11, 12, 14 people like LCH, Angels, FAnG etc would have to disagree that there was no competition and 1up will tell you none of them were "easy" wins.
Yet they were still wins, where are r13/15 were losses, so u'd assume there was harder competition in those rounds? (be it from political decisions i.e blocks or not)

Quote:
You paint every eX member with the same brush, i wouldn't describe myself arrogant tyvm.

Quote:
1up had already been knocked down to 4th place before this "super block" ever appeared. We were allied to subh (who did't want to hit you) so for the first few weeks u were targeted by us without "organised" help. Ofc more help was sort when yourselves+Angels were starting to wear us down and we were losing ground and we wouldnt have won the round without this other help i admit.

We could also say that no allaince could beat us without help (1up+angels) then (angels+ND). When we had 1 allaince targetting us we coped alot better.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 16:59   #43
ChipZ^
Registered AbUser

Quote:
i didnt say an alliance cant be the best, I said it cant claim to be.
So an allaince CAN be the best, but even if they are cant CLAIM they are? Isn't that a tad silly?

Quote:
So without kaifux you cant function? Your command structure is so poor that you cant play two rounds running?
Doesnt that make 1up better
I agree that 1up's comand structure is more flexible so they can perform for longer, but both commands are equally as good wen they are actually functioning :P
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 17:00   #44
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
I mainly meant round 14.

r11,12 I didnt play, but I ve been told that the avg skill in most top alliances were -shit-
I am yet to be told that the quality of the other alliances in r11,12 could even be compared to 1up.
Also 1uo recruited the top players. afaik. correct me if I am mistaken.
This round your alliance has been stating on these boards that in this round it has been very hard and the standard of the enemy has been excellent. The same was said aftre R13 when you won.

No problem with that, you beat a high standard of aliances.

Now, do you think that in R11/12/14 these same alliances just didnt bother trying? Or maybe they just magically found 80 active decent players and got rid of the rubbish players you describe.

Buy yourself a clue.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 17:03   #45
Forest

Quote:

1up had already been knocked down to 4th place before this "super block" ever appeared.

So, you come into the round, saying/thinking that your main enemy is 1up, and that you must stop them by any and all means.

You knock them down to 4th. Well played.
You ahve taken out your feared enemy, and the very alliance that was a threat to your domination.

And then, once you ahve achieved all that, you decide you need to build a 'superblock'

Heh.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 17:05   #46
Buddah
Knight of Ni!

Buddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
did you play the same round as the rest of us?

our block was less than half the members fs.
Buddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 17:07   #47
Buddah
Knight of Ni!

Buddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
1up ignorance/stupidity make me want to vomit.
Buddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 17:09   #48
ChipZ^
Registered AbUser

Quote:
So, you come into the round, saying/thinking that your main enemy is 1up, and that you must stop them by any and all means.

You knock them down to 4th. Well played.
You ahve taken out your feared enemy, and the very alliance that was a threat to your domination.

And then, once you ahve achieved all that, you decide you need to build a 'superblock'

Heh.
Your reply started off so well, then it made a u-turn.

1up in 4th and roided (not losing much fleet value) is NOT "taken our your feared enemy". We mearly slowed you guys down and we were hoping it would be enough to get away from you. At the time we had very heavy Angels inc so we couldnt createa gap between us and you. Nights we attacked angels , you grew, nights we attacked you angels grew.

By concentration on you (as you were our greatest opposition) we could keep you down (but not out) only to see angels overtake us. We didn't need a block to keep you down we needed a block to keep you down AND catch up ND/Angels.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 17:15   #49
Forest

Quote:

By concentration on you (as you were our greatest opposition) we could keep you down (but not out) only to see angels overtake us. We didn't need a block to keep you down we needed a block to keep you down AND catch up ND/Angels.

So simply put....

You admit a block \o/

Do I win?
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 17:16   #50
Heartless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddah
did you play the same round as the rest of us?

our block was less than half the members fs.
You ever heard about quality and quantity? You can have 500 people in a block yet it can lose to 100 more active and more organized people.