User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 24 Nov 2005, 20:15   #101
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: new dawn ftw ???????

Whats all the hubbub here about then? Either people see something i dont, or im living in a world of my own
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 21:00   #102
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

I also fail to see the point many people are trying to make, as most of the ND posters here have already stated, if they attack eXil, it will be 3 on 1 and eXil will drop to #4 or maybe even #5 which will result in stagnation.
If they attack Angels again, KJ will whine about them making the war unbalanced.
If they attack 1up, they will be doing what they have so often critisized LCH for doing, this will also unbalance the war.
If they chose either of the latter two, they will either have to block with eXil or be taken out by 1up/Angels which leaves them 2 vs eXil which should go their way, leaving ND at #4, eXil at #3, and 1up/Angels at the top.
If they do nap eXi, it would be playing for #2 as they don't have the quality to outplay eXil
When they stay out of it, they get morons flaming them for it.
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 21:37   #103
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
We did what we intended to do pre-round. Your point being?
wtf? What a coincidence!
We're also doing what we intended to do!

Oh fs. I ended up being member of a NOS-clone

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 21:47   #104
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio
wtf? What a coincidence!

Oh fs. I ended up being member of a NOS-clone
Thanks, you just told me you didn't have a point after all which is what I wanted to hear. Problem solved
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 22:02   #105
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Thanks, you just told me you didn't have a point after all which is what I wanted to hear. Problem solved
So you're saying you had no point in the first place?

You're silly

— Scorpio
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 23:20   #106
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
So you're saying you had no point in the first place?

You're silly
Stop trolling and read the posts better, then try again before you come with some non-sense bullsh*t.
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 23:35   #107
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Quote:
Stop trolling and read the posts better, then try again before you come with some non-sense bullsh*t.
Huh?
You are trying to say something, intending to get your point across. Then when I say we are doing the same thing, I have no point according to you...

Now, when you've figured yourself out, you're welcome to come here and explain your sense of logic.

— Scorpio
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 23:37   #108
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
The opposition was indeed not great but then again, that's not something you can hold us responsible for.
The opposition was seriously outnumbered before ticks started, and with you guys napping the single alliance (WP), who might have turned it into a more even fight, you indeed are partly responsible.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 00:04   #109
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
Huh?
You are trying to say something, intending to get your point across. Then when I say we are doing the same thing, I have no point according to you...

Now, when you've figured yourself out, you're welcome to come here and explain your sense of logic.
Your initial post made it look like we did a much more worse thing than you did. My point was and still is that what we did isn't worse (if worse/bad at all) than what you do now. Does it make sense to you now or do you need more explanation? (Which shouldn't be needed tbh).

My logic was perfectly valid if you just thought a little about what I wrote instead of replying with "You're silly" when you're incapable of understanding.
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 00:20   #110
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Quote:
Your initial post made it look like we did a much more worse thing than you did. My point was and still is that what we did isn't worse (if worse/bad at all) than what you do now. Does it make sense to you now or do you need more explanation? (Which shouldn't be needed tbh).

My logic was perfectly valid if you just thought a little about what I wrote instead of replying with "You're silly" when you're incapable of understanding.
In my first post, I had no point. I just made the obvious NoS joke. (Hence the "".) I haven't played round 13, so I have no idea what happened.

But my 2nd post, in which I say we are also doing what we intended to do, then gets quoted by you with the comment that I have no point. Which infact I had ofcourse, or atleast as much of a point as you had.

You see, in my opinion, when someone quotes a post, he/she will refer to _that_ post and not a different one. I'm sure you're capable of understanding that concept, no?

— Scorpio
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 00:25   #111
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

its not hard to get on the fence...its harder to stay on it though
(in reply on the orignal topic)

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 00:31   #112
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
In my first post, I had no point. I just made the obvious NoS joke. (Hence the "".) I haven't played round 13, so I have no idea what happened.

But my 2nd post, in which I say we are also doing what we intended to do, then gets quoted by you with the comment that I have no point. Which infact I had ofcourse, or atleast as much of a point as you had.

You see, in my opinion, when someone quotes a post, he/she will refer to _that_ post and not a different one. I'm sure you're capable of understanding that concept, no?
If you had said it was a joke, I would have threated it as a joke. Irony just doesn't work on forums. You talked "shit"(joke now apparantly) about NoS in your initial post as what we did was bad. I replied we did what was intended and so did you, which to my understanding isn't different to what we did, hence your point went down the drain.

When I reply to posts I will take it into consideration together with the posts you made before. As there was a contradiction in it, you didn't have a point anymore. Though, the main points is (which I'm sure you agree to): NoS had its intentions and ND has its intentions.
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 00:34   #113
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
I also fail to see the point many people are trying to make, as most of the ND posters here have already stated, if they attack eXil, it will be 3 on 1 and eXil will drop to #4 or maybe even #5 which will result in stagnation.
If they attack Angels again, KJ will whine about them making the war unbalanced.
If they attack 1up, they will be doing what they have so often critisized LCH for doing, this will also unbalance the war.
If they chose either of the latter two, they will either have to block with eXil or be taken out by 1up/Angels which leaves them 2 vs eXil which should go their way, leaving ND at #4, eXil at #3, and 1up/Angels at the top.
If they do nap eXi, it would be playing for #2 as they don't have the quality to outplay eXil
When they stay out of it, they get morons flaming them for it.
Why are people assuming long term relations? Why are people assuming these 'blocks' last till round end. I would honestly like to know. If the mentioned alliances have agreements and all want #1, why are these so called blocks concrete?
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 02:35   #114
Nightwolf

Nightwolf has a spectacular aura aboutNightwolf has a spectacular aura about

ND ftw.
Nightwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 03:20   #115
Marinho
[ND]

Marinho is on a distinguished road

Since this thread is called "New Dawn FTW???????" why don't people give us some more pointers then on how we can keep growing instead of outlining the political agenda for us?
I feel the love oooh momma
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 03:38   #116
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

You can keep doing what you are doing. Seems obvious that you have found a winning ticket.

good luck ND.
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 06:02   #117
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all

Time for me to get yelled at by the powers that be

I won't knock ND for where they are, or the method they used to get there. Heck, who cares how you win, as long as it's legal, and as long as you win right?

What I will knock them for is the fact that they think they have the skills to keep that rank, or even #1 once they get there, vs any of the other t4 alliances in anything like a 1 v 1 war. The moment that Exi or Angels comes out a winner, ND can forget all thoughts of t3 ranking.

Saver of Sad

Supreme Commander of The Spider Colony
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 07:08   #118
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
wtf? What a coincidence!
Though ND's intentions were quite different. They were based around the idea that ND would try to do the best it could. Rather than ND would want to hit Angels or 1up all round long regardless of how this stagnated the round...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider2k
What I will knock them for is the fact that they think they have the skills to keep that rank, or even #1 once they get there, vs any of the other t4 alliances in anything like a 1 v 1 war. The moment that Exi or Angels comes out a winner, ND can forget all thoughts of t3 ranking.
Isn't this why the current situation favours ND, and why ND's policies so far have been in favour of lengthening the current status quo? I think this is pretty much what ND have been saying
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 08:12   #119
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all

I know gate, what I was saying was that the ND who stand and say you are good enough to obtain your current rank due to being skilled are far far wrong. Your current method of operation is smart, but in no way skill oriented :P

Saver of Sad

Supreme Commander of The Spider Colony
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 08:21   #120
Troll
DLR HC

Troll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to behold

Nd's current operational status is to make the most of what we have.

If you wish to think we have little in the way of skilled players you are paying respect to our HC

If you wish to think that our players are skilled, then you are fooling yourself.

Let the average alliance reign supreme for 1 tick, then do us like only 1up can.

On a side note never under estimate the underdog especialy now that it has two wings fighting for the rights to claim top owned Galaxy (Pld gate you roid hog cnut) Wait till next round when I play (asssuming the stats are not totally gay like this rounds which are the worst in modern pa history)

Cheers

A drunk Troll

Takes me 5 beer to post for those keeping count
Troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 09:34   #121
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
Dunno why I'm bothering replying to you of all people but: Stop saying "Angels" and swap it out with KJELDORAN. There is a huge difference.
Tesla got a point here !!! It's what I think about ND, not what Angels thinks about it. And for the record, I have little to do with target selection so whether I hate or love ND, that will not change our tactics or anything.

to MOTOX ... Again on the flaming tour I see ... IF you think I own Angels then well, you're even dumber then most person holds you for. I'm merely a part of Angels and I do the work I need to do and my entity on AD is COMPLETELY unrelated to what my function and workabouts are in Angels.

Nway, Tesla and some other Angels have asked me to shut up in this thread cuz they're getting annoyed, so I will. Let's just play the game and refresh sandmans every 2 mins

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 10:32   #122
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Am impressed by ND being number 1

I just hope exil arent number 1 because defence planets arent allowed anymore....

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 11:12   #123
Alki
Drink is Good

Well it was a matter of time really dont you think? Exi havent grown properly in days, well actually weeks, you can count on that they are still as strong as ever though. Kudos to them tbh
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 14:25   #124
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
One second, which of our HC have posted anything about that, because I don't believe they have in this thread. Infact I don't think any of our 4 HC this round have posted in this thread. And if ND believed what you would have us believe did we wouldn't be 2nd as we are at this current point in time.
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 14:52   #125
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Time for me to get yelled at by the powers that be

I won't knock ND for where they are, or the method they used to get there. Heck, who cares how you win, as long as it's legal, and as long as you win right?

Which with the way things are going will probably be eXilition. I mean as eXilition are currently fighting against ranked #3 and #4 yet still manage to keep a good average.

Though in my opinion ND will finish atleast top 3. due to the value lead they have.

oh btw. this is just my opinion. but if ND joined the war fully on eXilitions side. I really dont think that 1up/Angels would be able to defeat them. and I'd be very suprised if they did get killed.
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 16:16   #126
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

IMO ND are actually in quite a tricky situation.

If they join the war on exilitions side, 1up and angels will probably lose considerable ground and eX will almost certainly win.
If they join angels/1up in hitting eX then its almost certain they will be turned upon afterwards.

Saying ND dont have skill is quite clearly wrong, as they do have good players. They may not have the same sort of resources (playerwise) as the top tier alliances, but they are hard to break down. Being in reunion last round taught me this

If ND keep rising in value I think some might find them more of a challenge than expected, so kudos to finding a strategy that works for you.
If the 'big three' (history quote lolol) have left it too long to be able to damage them significantly then its their own fault.
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 16:51   #127
Nightwolf

Nightwolf has a spectacular aura aboutNightwolf has a spectacular aura about

I agree with Vex. So stop the moaning and go do something about it ingame.
Nightwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 18:24   #128
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
Why are people assuming long term relations? Why are people assuming these 'blocks' last till round end. I would honestly like to know. If the mentioned alliances have agreements and all want #1, why are these so called blocks concrete?
Blocks include sharing of planet info etc, this just makes it pretty difficult to break the block once you have achieved your goal.
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 18:38   #129
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Quote:
Blocks include sharing of planet info etc, this just makes it pretty difficult to break the block once you have achieved your goal.
bogus, both sides will have the same (dis)advantage when they fight eachother

— Scorpio
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 18:53   #130
Agerus

Agerus can only hope to improve

New Dawns average roids are most impressive. Another advantage is that they have been in a similar situation last round and they might have learned from it
Agerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 19:25   #131
god113
Ex-Player

god113 has a spectacular aura aboutgod113 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agerus
New Dawns average roids are most impressive.
Uh huh. If they can keep it up for a week they should have quite a value advantage.

Although for various reasons pointed out earlier in the thread, there's still a long way to go to win.
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 23:01   #132
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
The top4 alliances already have their opponents coords more or less mapped.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 23:43   #133
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse
The top4 alliances already have their opponents coords more or less mapped.
true, but if ND do decide to block with eXil, they will wipe out 1up and Angels, and then if they decide to go agianst each other, ND think they will lose this war.
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 23:59   #134
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agerus
New Dawns average roids are most impressive. Another advantage is that they have been in a similar situation last round and they might have learned from it
Thats what happens if everyone ignores their growth - they shoot to the top.

It happens every round, someone is afraid to make the move against the top ally and they just get further ahead (happened with ex, and 1up in recent rounds)
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote