User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 17 Nov 2005, 17:15   #51
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kree
to the ppl who use personal lame attempts of "insulting" me...well go get a life tbh, you have no clue of me so A - comment on what i am saying or B stfu, as you won´t see me saying anything about you personal as i have no clue about your person either
A. We did we said it was cack and waste of writing.
B. Why waste a completly rubbish thread to have fun on at ur expense?
I Didnt have a go at ur personal life if you where talking about what I said but if you do wear a nappy I am sorry for bringing it up.

Quote:

and as far i know noah the board is for expressing opinions or? not just well written, well thought, 3 times readen announcements or replies or? i expressed my anger after reading certain replies from ND members, and your overall attitute this round
Well I guess all the ppl you told to stop putting replys in that you didnt like doesnt count then because they where expressing there opinions for the reasons you just mentioned urself.

Quote:

you guys are overreacting and the lot of replies from you just proof me right...you fear to be drawn into real wars with real fights, instead of piggying attacks like you do now
We all wish there where many different decent target in the universe to get 1 planet each not ppl's fault that the whole universe is not same score and same roids so we all have nice and easy targets all round to pick from.

We dont get away with having 6 accounts each anymore to have 50k players to pick from.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 17:19   #52
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious
I never got that whole "this thread is crap, so it must be closed" thing. If people choose to post (what in your opinion is) crap, why can't you just ignore it? Maybe someone else appreciates it.

Not saying this thread contains much of value, but if everyone gets so aroused over it, it seems at least worth the attention?
I said I thought it would have been closed and I would have closed it myself but now I realise I wouldnt have closed it because Its turned into an amusing thread.

But yeah I agree I could ignore it but its fun posting in pointless threads get some interesting random conversations and points sometimes.

Unread 17 Nov 2005, 17:45   #53
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

so, you dont like it, you dont ignore it, you post in it saying how rubbish it is. And here folks is the AD of today
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 17:46   #54
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
so, you dont like it, you dont ignore it, you post in it saying how rubbish it is. And here folks is the AD of today
Coz round 1 was so different.

Unread 17 Nov 2005, 17:51   #55
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
Coz round 1 was so different.
I don't even think we had the alliances forum in r1.

PS This thread is 63% better if you listen to the baywatch theme tune while reading it.
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 18:19   #56
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Here we are, minding our own business and people feel the need to attack us for it.

It's always hard to please the opposition in the world of planetarion
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 18:19   #57
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

You now have my full seriousness and respect Jester.

The fact is, if we decide to hit eXi or Angels full force, we are pretty much ruining the round. They are boht having a hard time as it is, there is no benefit to ND or the round by doing. Same with 1up, why would we hit them full force? What benefit does this have for ND?

We are not shying out of anything, but there is no reason for us to join an already interesting battle.

Maybe Kj is just a little bitter that Angels seem to be losing against eXi ;o
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 18:24   #58
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
1 word ... Hypocrite !!

When Angels avoided the war in r13, we were fencesitters.
When ND is avoiding any wars, they are boxing clever ...

Don't use double standards.

Nope! Angels avoided the war to secure a runner up ending...
ND are avoiding the war to try and become Nr: 1

BIG DIFFERENCE.
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 18:31   #59
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
You now have my full seriousness and respect Jester.

The fact is, if we decide to hit eXi or Angels full force, we are pretty much ruining the round. They are boht having a hard time as it is, there is no benefit to ND or the round by doing. Same with 1up, why would we hit them full force? What benefit does this have for ND?

We are not shying out of anything, but there is no reason for us to join an already interesting battle.

Maybe Kj is just a little bitter that Angels seem to be losing against eXi ;o
In case you had not noticed, both eXi and Angels are losing. 2 or 3 more days and this and the battle for #1 will be between ND and 1up.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 18:33   #60
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
In case you had not noticed, both eXi and Angels are losing. 2 or 3 more days and this and the battle for #1 will be between ND and 1up.
Whilst this is incorrect, let's assume its true.

So what do you want ND to do right now?

We are being criticised for fencesitting right now. What should ND do? Should we join the war? Should we carry on as we are?

I am trying to figure out a plan that would keep AD happy in the fact ND isn't causing a 1 sided mess of a war. Please help!
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 18:43   #61
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoX
Nope! Angels avoided the war to secure a runner up ending...
ND are avoiding the war to try and become Nr: 1

BIG DIFFERENCE.
Angels did have a nap to eXi, and would break their word and lose their honor of they broke it. You have no nap with any other alliance, is that not true? (assuming you are indeed ND, something wich I would not know, seeing as my intel on people in this game equals zero).

In my opinion, Honor > ranks.

I'd never shipjump for a rank, neither would I break a nap that my "partner" had kept entirely, to secure a better rank. So, the situation is not at all like it was in round 13, in my opinion.

Last edited by qebab; 17 Nov 2005 at 19:34. Reason: Grave typo, switched ND for Angels.
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 18:44   #62
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
That's just insane. 1up are fifteen million points behind exilition. Presuming growth rates of +4% and +9% (which are insanely optimistic on 1up's behalf, today's was +5% for eX vs +6% for 1up) it would take 1up at least five days just to catch up to exilition, never mind go past them. ND are obviously, by the statistics, rather better placed.

Obviously to make things fair, ND should suicide 15% of their fleets into angels and exilition planets, give 10% of their roids to 1up and then we start out from there with any two of the top four alliances versus the other two. Of course that would be about as exciting as watching the finnish over 65 women's curling championship so I'd rather something a little bit different would happen.
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 18:47   #63
qebab
The Original Carebear

Quote:
Whilst this is incorrect, let's assume its true.

So what do you want ND to do right now?

We are being criticised for fencesitting right now. What should ND do? Should we join the war? Should we carry on as we are?

I am trying to figure out a plan that would keep AD happy in the fact ND isn't causing a 1 sided mess of a war. Please help!
That depends what you want to achieve. The way I see it your best shot at number 1, is to have 1up taken out of the equation, because thats who you will have to fight when both eXi and Angels are down. Don't listen to me though, I am just worried that the two alliances that did best so far, in my opinion are making each other lose their shor at number 1. I happen to be in one of those, incase you did not know, so obviously my opinion is biased.

Unread 17 Nov 2005, 18:58   #64
qebab
The Original Carebear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
That's just insane. 1up are fifteen million points behind exilition. Presuming growth rates of +4% and +9% (which are insanely optimistic on 1up's behalf, today's was +5% for eX vs +6% for 1up) it would take 1up at least five days just to catch up to exilition, never mind go past them. ND are obviously, by the statistics, rather better placed.

Obviously to make things fair, ND should suicide 15% of their fleets into angels and exilition planets, give 10% of their roids to 1up and then we start out from there with any two of the top four alliances versus the other two. Of course that would be about as exciting as watching the finnish over 65 women's curling championship so I'd rather something a little bit different would happen.
And yet, we see 1up go past eXilition, who has a lot of their score in xp, in roidcount anytime soon. And you'd have to presume also, that Angels and eXi will bash each other for long now, with ND and 1up gaining easy roids each day - wich means that 1up and ND will have more growth, and eXi and Angels have a lot less than they do as of now. 3 days and the top is changed isn't at all a bad estimation in my opinion. But then again, I can repeat that I am biased on this matter. We have seen how fast the politics change here, though, so I can't see why it should have to prove true.

Now, if we say that 1up gains 3k roids a day for three days. That should give them 45.5k roids, right? Say that eXi lose 2k each day. That will give them 31k. Thats a difference of 14.5k roids - obviously the growth rates will change in 3 days if this continues.

I know this is flawed, because eXi will have less roids to lose each day, if they lose in the beginning, but it still holds true that the growth rates will change a lot. A lot of the score eXi is gathering at the moment is not value - it is xp. Xp can't give roids, nor kill ships.

As for Angels, if we lose 5k roids a day for 3 days, heh, we'll be down to 28k, going down under Insomnia in roidcount. The same goes for this figure though, it is indeed flawed because after 2 days of 5k roidloss, we will not have 5k to lose the third day. While if ND continues their growth, you have to see that they will be ahead of all others, even if they gain only 1.3k roids a day. This turns the growth rates upside down if I am not mistaken.

And in war, value >>> xp. Roids, as you have been so kind to point out, gives resources, wich convieniently can be turned into ships in time. While at the same time, certain other allies will have only meager growth of value, ND and 1up will have good growth. Hence the round will turn in a few days, possibly more than 3, as you disagreed with that figure, but surely not more than 5 or 6. That is, of course if the current situation lasts.

Unread 17 Nov 2005, 18:58   #65
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ND did have a nap to eXi, and would break their word and lose their honor of they broke it. You have no nap with any other alliance, is that not true? (assuming you are indeed ND, something wich I would not know, seeing as my intel on people in this game equals zero).

I'd never shipjump for a rank, neither would I break a nap that my "partner" had kept entirely, to secure a better rank. So, the situation is not at all like it was in round 13, in my opinion.
qebab the 21st Century fiction writer.

Quote:
seeing as my intel on people in this game equals zero
Yes. That is true.
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 19:05   #66
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
That depends what you want to achieve. The way I see it your best shot at number 1, is to have 1up taken out of the equation, because thats who you will have to fight when both eXi and Angels are down. Don't listen to me though, I am just worried that the two alliances that did best so far, in my opinion are making each other lose their shor at number 1. I happen to be in one of those, incase you did not know, so obviously my opinion is biased.
Because no one else would hit us the minute should we ever hit rank 1. I think that is a big presumption you are making. Or you are cooking up some kind of argument to justify us and 1up wrecking each other for pretty much no reason.

So which one is it?
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 19:09   #67
qebab
The Original Carebear

Either, both Angels and eXi will hit you, or none. None of those alliances can afford to take focus of the other, unless the other will as well. And the "pretty much no reason" is a fight for number 1 spot, provided of course, that Angels and eXi don't come after you.

Unread 17 Nov 2005, 19:09   #68
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
And in war, value >>> xp. Roids, as you have been so kind to point out, gives resources, wich convieniently can be turned into ships in time. While at the same time, certain other allies will have only meager growth of value, ND and 1up will have good growth. Hence the round will turn in a few days, possibly more than 3, as you disagreed with that figure, but surely not more than 5 or 6. That is, of course if the current situation lasts.
Besides the point that 1up still have a lot of catching up to do value wise there's only a certain amount of fluid roid value in the universe. Considering 1up and ND are hitting targets of opportunity (I'm assuming this correct me if I'm wrong) at the minute sooner, rather than later, hitting angels and exilition planets will gain them less and less because there will be more defensive fleets available per roid. To randomly borrow in the law of diminishing returns into PA you're going to end up with a situation that you pay higher and higher, relatively as well as objectively, for each roid you take. Angels and exi are going to be able to maintain their roid count far better due to the decreased number of successful attacks required to replenish losses. They just all turn into poor targets.

Score increases stay at those rates. Roid gains do not. You can't draw blood from a stone.

Plus rather obviously once ND and 1up are juicy enough targets, which will be fairly soon they're going to start receiving random incoming from other alliances (unless there's been some hideously high level of blocking nobody's bothering to talk about).
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 19:11   #69
Duncan
saint-ciboire de tabarnac

Duncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud of

maybe angels and exilition should stop attacking eachother to focus on 1up and ND for a while
Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 19:12   #70
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

We hit people who hit us. I've said it since round 5. Case closed.
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 19:12   #71
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

Quote:
ND did have a nap to eXi, and would break their word and lose their honor of they broke it. You have no nap with any other alliance, is that not true? (assuming you are indeed ND, something wich I would not know, seeing as my intel on people in this game equals zero).

Nah, I'm not ND I'm a Legion dude.
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 19:19   #72
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan
maybe angels and exilition should stop attacking eachother to focus on 1up and ND for a while
I get the sense you don't enjoy a fairly even war. Poor you.
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 19:30   #73
Nightwolf

Nightwolf has a spectacular aura aboutNightwolf has a spectacular aura about

O my god I think we might of roided Kree.

Quote:
telling your members not to defend exil/angels gal members, but saying yeah we play our own game dont blame us...well i guess its just me don´t liking such "politics"...but i am sure you will get the bill for your actions sooner or later...being roidfat isn´t always the best thing
And why defend people that are gonna roid your friends sooner or later?
Nightwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 19:34   #74
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Could someone ask the person behind sandmans.co.uk to include average value for alliances?
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 19:35   #75
qebab
The Original Carebear

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
Could someone ask the person behind sandmans.co.uk to include average value for alliances?
That would require the person to have quite good intel, no? Seeing as xp is different for each planet...

Unread 17 Nov 2005, 19:38   #76
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Value isn't dumped by the game db.

Heh. Sandman runs sandmans.co.uk!
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 19:44   #77
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
That would show a different slide on any ally wars.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 19:51   #78
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
That would require the person to have quite good intel, no? Seeing as xp is different for each planet...
Since it seems the db doesnt dump it, well. It would require someone to have all or most of the coords of an alliance, and then having an automated tool to retrive the date/manually add it and calculate it.
Im sure a number of the top10 alliances have such tools/procedures.

Value is often as important as roids in the long run (and yes, I am aware that they are "complimantery").
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 20:05   #79
[i2k]Xy
Why so serious?

[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough

Its obvious that being a top5 alliance, yet not really having a real chance at getting #1, is, and has for a few rounds, been very benifitial for ND. They stay out of the big wars and do good, then get beaten a couple of times, drop, then rise again.

Must suck always being up there, yet never really have the activity nor skill to pull through eh.

4S

Illuminati
[i2k]Xy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 20:16   #80
The_Fish
ND

Whereas looking at your alliance history, NoS having 1 good round in the last 2 years, and then disbanding is a great achievement for an alliance.

We are getting better and better every round, and getting closer and closer to being real challengers for a rounds victory. If that offends you somehow, tough shit. Our members could always just join an alliance we expect to win, rather than do things our own way, right?
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 20:17   #81
Taipan
Born Again Virgin

Taipan is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [i2k]Xy
Must suck always being up there, yet never really have the activity nor skill to pull through eh.
As has always been the case, ND plays for fun. We do what we like when we like to whom we like and if we get stabbed for it, so be it, as long as we have enjoyed the ride.

It must suck not being us tbh
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 20:18   #82
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Those rahter pathetic attempts from the fish to "shuffel thi lite" over on 1up was rather amusing yes, but there is no reason to lift any eyebrowns over it. Anyone with half a braincell take the stupidity for what it is.
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 20:27   #83
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

ligt shin brit on 1up

Happy now Steinar?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 20:39   #84
Duncan
saint-ciboire de tabarnac

Duncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torz
I get the sense you don't enjoy a fairly even war. Poor you.
ughhhhhhhh

the key words in my post were 'for a while'

you expect exi and angels to keep attacking eachother every night all round long?

if i was an hc on either side, i'd try to stop that from happening when there's another #1 contender avoiding any sort of enjoyable, fairly even war themselves. unless the war could be won fast enough to then take them out..

but it's quite possible my nub opinion on how to win pa is off, let me know!
Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 20:43   #85
reconverse
[...]

reconverse is a jewel in the roughreconverse is a jewel in the roughreconverse is a jewel in the rough

so much talk about nothing...

I think Kree is just raped by a ND raid, and is a bit angree now...
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 20:44   #86
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
ligt shin brit on 1up

Happy now Steinar?
lite alltimes brite on 1up does
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 20:45   #87
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan
ughhhhhhhh

the key words in my post were 'for a while'

you expect exi and angels to keep attacking eachother every night all round long?

if i was an hc on either side, i'd try to stop that from happening when there's another #1 contender avoiding any sort of enjoyable, fairly even war themselves. unless the war could be won fast enough to then take them out..

but it's quite possible my nub opinion on how to fight pa wars is off, let me know!
I don't expect them to keep hitting themselves all round, to be honest I don't really care. ND plays the game the way it wishes to and always has (plenty of examples of when other events are not going in ND's favour). Whoever tries to put a spin on it is just wrong and there are countless examples of it throughout the rounds.

I never meant to single your post out, but the general feeling I get from Angels players is that they are not enjoying their little duel. Personally, I can't think of anything of anything better in PA than a fairly evenish fight with players of similar ability. Maybe angels are not overly confident of the outcome? Maybe exi feel the same just they are less public? I dunno.

It's the most interesting scenario I have seen playing PA I think. Long may an enjoyable round continue
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 20:48   #88
qebab
The Original Carebear

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconverse
so much talk about nothing...

I think Kree is just raped by a ND raid, and is a bit angree now...
Kree didn't lose roids so far I think.

Unread 17 Nov 2005, 20:48   #89
Torz
Up yours

Quote:
Looking at your pretty signature, I am curious on how you are so skilled in judging activity/skill level when you have only been in mediocre alliances yourself. This isn't meant as a flame, I am generally curious.
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 21:05   #90
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Its obvious that being a top5 alliance, yet not really having a real chance at getting #1, is, and has for a few rounds, been very benifitial for ND. They stay out of the big wars and do good, then get beaten a couple of times, drop, then rise again.

Yes, we took NoS as an example.

Edit: Fish beat me to it
Edit 2: Torz as wel fs!

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 22:20   #91
MotoX
Stolen

Btw, why not jump on 1up they were the ones who jumped 10% last night?

Well, Forums posters have never been easy to understand :/
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 00:41   #92
[i2k]Xy
Why so serious?

[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torz
Looking at your pretty signature, I am curious on how you are so skilled in judging activity/skill level when you have only been in mediocre alliances yourself. This isn't meant as a flame, I am generally curious.
Anybody with a slight interest in game poltics can make an assumption similar to mine. I am in no way saying that ND is a bad alliance, its more like the opposite, they do "good" every round, but never seem to pull through where the best of the best would have.

And fish shot me down nicely, perhaps ND are really becoming a contender for #1, but they have yet to prove so

On another note, I knew the NOS sig would backfire on me. Playing with a "mediocre" alliance, as you call it, only makes the game more fun and challenging. I though of my old alliance as fish does of ND, that we would some time surge up & become a topnotch alliance. It didnt according to plan, I'm sorry to say.

4S

Illuminati
[i2k]Xy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 01:07   #93
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

What an odd thread. NewDawn were being flamed aswell last round because of their sucess. NewDawn don't need to be involved in the war because its not needed. Why flame us for this? If we want to join in on the war, we will. If eXilition & Angels decide to hit ND so be it. We may get crushed but we are not an alliance who gives up. We get roided, we don't quit. We rebuild and keep roiding.

I see KJ is flaming us, let me remind you of something m8y. You fuked over LCH last round by leaving them and forming your own 10 man alliance just ebcause top 3 wasnt good enough for you. Because of that LCH arnt doing as well this round. From recent rumrs, I hear you always fuked over another alliance a few rounds back, This alliance is no longer because of this.

Before flamming NewDawn, think what you've done in the past.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 01:13   #94
MaVeRiXX
PornStar

MaVeRiXX is infamous around these parts

Huh we did it all wrong?! Bad bad bad ND!! No No No it wasnt succes Clouds, it was all luck tbh

Ermm i told you Fishy, we should had listen to all those non-ND with their best intensions for ND, not sticking to our own strategy/policy, lemming into a blockwar and wear pink thongs (i know sum ND who already do though, ofc not me..yet)

Afterwards we get the award for the most couraging, but dumb alliance..wouldnt that be fun

This topic is humoristic imo, so i've tried to counter it..sort off

Soaring where Angels fear to Fly
MaVeRiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 01:20   #95
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaVeRiXX
Afterwards we get the award for the most couraging, but dumb alliance..wouldnt that be fun
Instead you rather be around in the top by going 'all out' on alliances that are alot smaller then you are! Sure makes you deserve that top spot now does it :\
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 01:21   #96
The_Fish
ND

In all honesty Wandows, beating the alliances below us makes us deserving of our spot.
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 01:24   #97
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In all honesty Wandows, beating the alliances below us makes us deserving of our spot.
It does when its a fair fight yeah, but i don't consider attacking alliances half ur size by targeting them specifically as anything that comes remotely close to behaviour of a respectable top alliance.
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 01:27   #98
The_Fish
ND

Don't overestimate your own importance.
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 01:32   #99
MaVeRiXX
PornStar

MaVeRiXX is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandows
It does when its a fair fight yeah, but i don't consider attacking alliances half ur size by targeting them specifically as anything that comes remotely close to behaviour of a respectable top alliance.
Do i notice a sence of jaellousy here

Ok Ok you Sir are sooo right, we didnt hitted exi/angels/ planets so far and i dont have breps of hitting exi/angels planets. Im just going for easy roids, there u have it..satisfied now

Soaring where Angels fear to Fly
MaVeRiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 01:40   #100
Marinho
[ND]

Marinho is on a distinguished road

*yawn* this thread is boring, anyone want a peanut?