User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 5 Oct 2005, 11:23   #151
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Alliance Blocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Angels act in the best interest of Angels. In round 13 we decided not to break the NAP with Exilition. If at some point we'd have decided to cancel the agreement, I'd have notified them yes. This is what I would do, I cannot elaborate on what my fellow command would have done.

Again this is all a hypothetical situation, one Angels hasn't been put in yet.
Thank you, the only reason I asked for that is to point out that it's pretty much common courtesy that every alliance employs when it does deals.

I could make it all the more awkward and hammer my point home even more. Along the lines of:

Would you trust an alliance HC that won't inform you that they are backing out a deal they arranged with you earlier? Then, would you actually trust them again after they repeat the same action of backing out and not informing for a -second- time?

This is my point as to why ND were showing itself as unreliable.

LCH have a completely different issue with ND.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 11:33   #152
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
KNOWING you're good and able to handle everything is being confident. POSTING over and over again about what you call are simple stats (which I agree they are) is being arrogant.

the #1 planet can post his score/roids each day on AD. Nobody will dispute that those facts are right ... yet he'll be considered an arrogant show off.

And as The_Fish said, it's not 1 individual seeing it this way, it's not "just" me ...

And pple know I'm no anti 1up poster, I'm often positive and respectfull about them.
I’m a bit puzzled about this argument. Just about every member of 1up posting in this thread and those speaking officially for 1up has stated that 1up did not perform as well as we would have wanted or as well as we have in the past both in defence and attack. We were not even close to the performance and dedication we showed in r11 and 12, but I would guess a bit better then r13.

The AGs was not working properly due to lacking activity/number of AG leaders and open raids was seldom used. 1up members and officials publicly state that we performed below par and somehow this is considered oozing with arrogance.

As I just cant see the logic behind this line of thoughts, the only reasonable conclusion I can come up with is that you simply expect us to be arrogant and therefore read it into every comment made by 1up members no matter what is said.
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 11:56   #153
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
I’m a bit puzzled about this argument. Just about every member of 1up posting in this thread and those speaking officially for 1up has stated that 1up did not perform as well as we would have wanted or as well as we have in the past both in defence and attack. We were not even close to the performance and dedication we showed in r11 and 12, but I would guess a bit better then r13.

The AGs was not working properly due to lacking activity/number of AG leaders and open raids was seldom used. 1up members and officials publicly state that we performed below par and somehow this is considered oozing with arrogance.

As I just cant see the logic behind this line of thoughts, the only reasonable conclusion I can come up with is that you simply expect us to be arrogant and therefore read it into every comment made by 1up members no matter what is said.
No. You stated you performed below par abit further in the thread. I'm ONLY talking about Angryduck's initial post. Any other posts, reactions or whatever you bring into the discussion is void, cause that's not what I reacted on.

Ofc you performed better in r14 then in r13. In round 13, 1up wasn't good (and I'm being nice here).

P.S. Treveler, try to go to the core of the discussion, my initial reaction ... then realize it was aimed at Angryduck.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 12:07   #154
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Not all pple need AD to communicate with me or tell me they agree or that I should fk off and die

Oddly enough pple do PM me and talk to me on IRC (shocker)

And plz m8, I don't need to be resued here just cause I have a different opinion as you. So don't use such vocabulary here.
I'll use whatever vocabulary I see fit, so I'd rather you didn't try and dictate how I do or don't post.

And as far as "some people on irc pm'd me to tell me I was right" goes you'll have to excuse me for my scepticism.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 12:15   #155
Treveler

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

I see that I should have directed my post to The Fish instead as I didn’t see the added info in brackets in your post.
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 12:15   #156
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
I'll use whatever vocabulary I see fit, so I'd rather you didn't try and dictate how I do or don't post.

And as far as "some people on irc pm'd me to tell me I was right" goes you'll have to excuse me for my scepticism.
What the point in this arguement Mazz, if you believe jack all of what I write ...

But fine, nobody on IRC thinks he's arrogant. I've lied and made it all up for whatever reason. I don't think anyone will ever accuse a single 1up of being arrogant. What was I thinking ...

Is this better? You wanted to hear this? Next step is to be pissed at me cause I'm not the only one thinking like this about angryduck's post?

FA Gaming community

Unread 5 Oct 2005, 12:19   #157
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
I see that I should have directed my post to The Fish instead as I didn’t see the added info in brackets in your post.
I don't get it ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 5 Oct 2005, 12:55   #158
Treveler

From this post http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...&postcount=128

The Fish claimed it was from all 1up posters and you specified it somewhat by adding "not all"
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 13:01   #159
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

I can tell you first hand I am nowhere near arrogant about being the second most attacked planet in 1up, and probably 1st most waves uncovered. I doubt angryduck is arrogant either, and if he is, he probably deserves to be, he went away for like 2 weeks due to rl and still worked harder than most 1up combined. You will see a bit of arrogance from a few people, normally the ones who bussed thier bum most of the round for nothing as much as a "thanks". the issue isn't arrogance though. Its alliances playing like faggots and trying to justify it. I would rather see these alliances in the mix. And the best way is to have block wars, like we are having anyway, but with a little more openess and less "ducking".

Angels did what was best for thier alliance. They propbably didn't want to die. Noone knows the reason but them, but the issue I can see being brought up with them is "where is the fluid politics". Excuses are being made for not being in the mix, like, "we are doing fluid politics". Fighting on the same side, keeping the same naps, using the same target sytem throughout the round is not fluid politics.
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 13:27   #160
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l

Again, you're defending your "lack of communication" with more excuses to say it was fine/alright.
I don't think I am defending it, because I don't think it's bloody fine, and I certainly don't think it's alright either. I'm just giving you an insight into why they didn't give a response, mainly that they are pretty dire at it and are still lacking the concept of something which in my opinion is very important. But this is their first time out, and keeping that opinion beyond the confines of the round itself is going too far.

As for a political error - pissing off any alliance unnecessarily is not a good idea - the fact they couldn't manage "bye" says it all really - hopefully they'll bloody listen to me on this one this time as I would like ND to win a round. They are inexperienced, they will **** up and they'll get better or they'll have me telling them they deserved to lose. However, for a first time at the races I think they did quite well, so there's no reason for me not defending them for now. If they don't learn from their glaring error what sympathy can anyone have? Maybe I am posting here because I am a desperate man trying to get the message across? Maybe I am to blame for being a bad advisor and not getting my point across? What should we do?

As for those taking shots at ND's real life commitments - of course 1up command has them too, but other alliances don't have depth whereby we've got experienced officers/command members in peon positions who can step up when you need them. I think they're being tremendously unfair on this point, simply because the depth outside of 1up is lacking. This is not an excuse, this is a fact of life for alliances outside of your sphere. 1up, is first stop for any disillusioned talent in the game (although this could be said for any big alliance) or indeed any experienced player wanting a few chucks at the dice (because 1up are the only chaps they know). I accept that you've got a ton of depth and go "OK, let's see if we can close the gap some other way" - that's by being creative, building a team and bringing people through the ranks and developing them - there is no 'quick fix' to magic up depth.

Would you have any serious opposition on AD if I wasn't posting, for example? I don't think you would. And herein lies my very point. This is another example as to why alliances have to learn, get better and do things on their own - there are some things you can't teach and they've got to work it out themselves. I'd rather they learned the hard way, gave themselves half a chance, a bit of belief that they could perhaps have a shot at winning, than NAP Exilition or 1up and finish 2nd - what kind of game is that? Instead you want to give them NAPs to fight your wars and deny them any hope or chance when they have no choice or reason to do so to make an agreement with you. There is no reason to be afraid of any other alliance, or indeed losing. Just play the game. ND round 13 diplomatic policy disappoints me greatly in that aspect, because we had no reason to do so. As far as i am concerned alliances of that ability are wolves and should be kept away from until it's necessary to deal with them. At the start of any round there is no reason to deal with them, not a crumb.

This time 2nd was an alliance that was willing to change tack, play in it's own style, play beyond it's ability and still people take potshots at them? Would they rather we ended the round with a NAP and be accused of hanging on someone elses coattails? What kind of game is this? But then again, the fact that 1up are critiquing as to why we should have won not only highlights ND weaknesses but it entertains the very prospect that ND could be a threat in the future. Considering a round ago ND looked pretty ropey and perhaps even a bit of a joke, that's bloody progress, that is.

But the attempt at ND's overall credibility was unfair - ND keeps its agreements and indeed when they aren't permanent, the word NAP isn't even uttered about that agreement. ND are indeed very creative in what agreements they make - to me this can only be a good thing.

I understand LCH feeling left hung out to dry - but I think ND had every right to hit reunion as they were focusing their gun on us. But that's not maliciousness or even a fault on ND's part - it's the way things turned out, it's the way the cookie crumbles and they need to quit pinning blame on things. They should feel bloody unfortunate about it when it's just something that happened and you move on. I'm sure there's a stack of alliances disbanding ND can feel bloody unfortunate about as well.

Last edited by lokken; 5 Oct 2005 at 13:33.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 13:35   #161
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
From this post http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...&postcount=128

The Fish claimed it was from all 1up posters and you specified it somewhat by adding "not all"
Correct. Mazz for one is a 1up poster which hasn't displayed any arrogance yet imo. Alot of others have in the past and in this particular thread I was aiming at Angryduck.

FA Gaming community

Unread 5 Oct 2005, 13:47   #162
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
As for those taking shots at ND's real life commitments - of course 1up command has them too, but other alliances don't have depth whereby we've got experienced officers/command members in peon positions who can step up when you need them. I think they're being tremendously unfair on this point, simply because the depth outside of 1up is lacking. This is not an excuse, this is a fact of life for alliances outside of your sphere. 1up, is first stop for any disillusioned talent in the game (although this could be said for any big alliance) or indeed any experienced player wanting a few chucks at the dice (because 1up are the only chaps they know). I accept that you've got a ton of depth and go "OK, let's see if we can close the gap some other way" - that's by being creative, building a team and bringing people through the ranks and developing them - there is no 'quick fix' to magic up depth.
You half right. I wasn't talking purely from the point of view of 1up command. Have the HC of LCH, Angels, ToF, F-Crew etc etc come on here whining about RL committments and the effect they have on certain decisions within the game? Not that I've seen. It was mainly the depth of the pathetic excuse making that pissed me off. We even had to have a "real life" excuse about not finding some logs. Seriously, it's about a 3 minute job.

So for you to be taking a swipe at 1up "getting the best" having seen a post where I specifically iterated it was the same for _everyone_ in the game, and not just 1up command, is a fairly poor effort.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 13:50   #163
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
You half right. I wasn't talking purely from the point of view of 1up command. Have the HC of LCH, Angels, ToF, F-Crew etc etc come on here whining about RL committments and the effect they have on certain decisions within the game? Not that I've seen. It was mainly the depth of the pathetic excuse making that pissed me off. We even had to have a "real life" excuse about not finding some logs. Seriously, it's about a 3 minute job.

So for you to be taking a swipe at 1up "getting the best" having seen a post where I specifically iterated it was the same for _everyone_ in the game, and not just 1up command, is a fairly poor effort.
The difference is they aren't taking a shot at us for this, you are.

The only excuses i'm making for my bunch is for our inaction in August. Whether they were lazy elsewhere is their own damn fault.
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 13:56   #164
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
LCH have a completely different issue with ND.
LCH's issues stem (at least from whem I was HC and know of the situation, which is up till the disband) deal with the similar issue of unreliability and, therefore, quite untrustworthy nature of the ND (r14) command team.

This comes from deciding to pull out of planned attacks on 1up, when well into the planning stages, because "Reunion was a bigger threat." Now this is fine IF you bother to inform the other party of this decision, but I found out on my own either after all arrangements were ready from my side or when they were almost complete.

The other issue this unreliability comes from is deciding to cut an agreed ceasefire short by 1 or 2 days, and again telling no one with whom you have the ceasefire with that you will be doing this. For example, agreed to not attack each for 3 days and 2 days later, we have a fair bit of ND incoming.

Now lokken says this is down to how new the ND command team was, but its just good manners in all aspects of life to tell the other party if something changes. For example, if you are having something delivered, say some computer hardware, and it was going to be late for some reason, the supplier would contact you to tell you of this change, or if you cant get some coursework in due to some family crisis you wouldnt just hand it in late, you would get in touch with the lecterer to inform him/her of the situation

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 14:04   #165
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
The difference is they aren't taking a shot at us for this, you are.

The only excuses i'm making for my bunch is for our inaction in August. Whether they were lazy elsewhere is their own damn fault.
You're right I was, it was getting tiresome. Almost every post from Gate includes an excuse for something or other. And who else am I likely to be taking a pop at? Theres no-one else on here whinging that they couldn't do this or that because they had to pop to the corner shop and buy some milk.

And as far as taking a shot at you I think if you took the time out from trying to wipe Gate and Fish's arse I have been nothing but complementary towards ND this round and have taken no part in the "fence sitting" discussion.

My point has nothing to do with anything about ND's performance, just the incredibly boring and incessant excuses. ND did what they did this round and, in my opinion, did pretty well for themselves. Not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but pretty well.

Quote:
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 14:24   #166
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
You're right I was, it was getting tiresome. Almost every post from Gate includes an excuse for something or other. And who else am I likely to be taking a pop at? Theres no-one else on here whinging that they couldn't do this or that because they had to pop to the corner shop and buy some milk.

And as far as taking a shot at you I think if you took the time out from trying to wipe Gate and Fish's arse I have been nothing but complementary towards ND this round and have taken no part in the "fence sitting" discussion.

My point has nothing to do with anything about ND's performance, just the incredibly boring and incessant excuses. ND did what they did this round and, in my opinion, did pretty well for themselves. Not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but pretty well.
If they've been making excuses beyond what i've entailed (because I believe that despite this was fatal, but not their fault) - like i've said - I don't accept them. If they're making crap excuses about a 3 minute job, it's the first i've heard of it, and it's up to them to sort stuff out like that.

Compared to other alliances, we don't need excuses as quite frankly, we didn't really struggle to beat them by any stretch of the imagination. To take on 1up we need the full team, with our undivided attention, but this round it was simply not possible.

Like i've said - they do a great job, yet they've got some vital stuff they've got to work out by themselves. I don't see how i've been inaccurate in that respect.
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 14:29   #167
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:

Like i've said - they do a great job, yet they've got some vital stuff they've got to work out by themselves. I don't see how i've been inaccurate in that respect.
Sorry, I wasn't aware I'd made that insinuation. If so that wasn't the intent. I was just making my position and opinion on ND's activities as a whole clear for future reference

Quote:
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 14:33   #168
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
was best for thier alliance. They propbably didn't want to die. Noone knows the reason but them, but the issue I can see being brought up with them is "where is the fluid politics". Excuses are being made for not being in the mix, like, "we are doing fluid politics". Fighting on the same side, keeping the same naps, using the same target sytem throughout the round is not fluid politics.
Chika, "Fluid politics" is just a word with no general meaning. It is subjective and what I could call fluid politics, you could call the opposite.

An alliance playing PA with the goal of actively contributing to fluid politics ... I'd love for you to point me an alliance doing so. I've told you this a million time yet I will make another effort:

Alliances play for themselves (or should). Their goal is to achieve asmuch as possible (talking from the assumption that all alliances play at their best), to win. Alliances don't play for 1up to have fun or for LCH to have the best time ever ... they play for THEIR members and THEIR benefits.
The politics alliances use are in the best interest of their alliance (it is the decision the HC makes, unrelated if it actually is the best decision after all). Whether you, chika, or you as an alliance like or dislike the politics of the other alliance is irrelevant. They don't play to make you happy or to please you, nor will they for a split second care what you think about all of this.

It's up to you to react against it. On AD, on IRC ... on the battlefield.

Fluid politics mean shit all. It's defined by what YOU think are fluid politics. And what YOU think are the best politics often are different then those of HC's of other alliances.

FA Gaming community

Unread 5 Oct 2005, 14:48   #169
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
lol,not again ... Confidence is a term used in real life and the meaning of it in an online game loses alot of it's strength imo. What you just described is a feeling alot of HC's have. Just because there's 1 winner, doesn't mean all the rest failed (maybe from a winning point of view, they failed to win - agreed).
WRONG.....Confindence is NOT a term used only in real life, it's a term that defines someone, in who they are, and in what they do. I certainly believe in "if your going to do something, do it right", and that applies to this game as it does to anything I decide to put my name on or be a part of. Arrogance has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Quote:
So, and this might be a whole new world for you, other HC's and alliances DO feel good about their performances, improvements and/or other things they've achieved. and maybe this all isn't to the same proportion as what 1up did.
KNOWING you're good and able to handle everything is being confident. POSTING over and over again about what you call are simple stats (which I agree they are) is being arrogant.

the #1 planet can post his score/roids each day on AD. Nobody will dispute that those facts are right ... yet he'll be considered an arrogant show off.

And as The_Fish said, it's not 1 individual seeing it this way, it's not "just" me ...
As for this being a "new world" for me, not even close, I've been a part of winning teams on many occasasions in the past. After 20 years of military service, year around sports as a kid etc....I'm not some kid who just got the high score on Pac Man. I've no misconception about this game and it's importance in relation to real life.
Since 1up has been an alliance in this game there are a select few that fly their flag here about 1up's arrogance. And generally, it's a load of horseshit. You want to question my Command style? first walk a mile in my shoes... at no time have I belittled what other alliances have done, I've simply stated facts about 1up was able to do. My posts have been in response to your whining, and your drum beating about "1up arrogance"

Quote:
And pple know I'm no anti 1up poster, I'm often positive and respectfull about them.
as I stated in our public channel, I do not ask for, nor do I require your respect, and I certainly will not lose sleep over your personal feelings for me, if anything, your good for a laugh.....you whine like a little b****, people also know that about you. If you don't like me, that's too bad for you, truthfully I couldn't care less.
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 14:53   #170
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Chika, "Fluid politics" is just a word with no general meaning. It is subjective and what I could call fluid politics, you could call the opposite.

An alliance playing PA with the goal of actively contributing to fluid politics ... I'd love for you to point me an alliance doing so. I've told you this a million time yet I will make another effort:

Fluid politics mean shit all. It's defined by what YOU think are fluid politics. And what YOU think are the best politics often are different then those of HC's of other alliances.
Quote:
From dictionary.com:

flu·id Audio pronunciation of "fluid" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fld)

adj.

1. Of, relating to, or characteristic of a fluid.
2. Readily reshaped; pliable.
3. Smooth and flowing; graceful: the fluid motion of a cat.
1. Changing or tending to change; variable: a fluid situation fraught with uncertainty.
2. Characterized by or allowing social mobility: a fluid society.
5. Convertible into cash: fluid assets
So, basically, which part of "fluid politics" you don't get KJ? I think the term is pretty much explaining itself in a correct way to anyone with a something that comes just close to common sense (no personal dig).
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 15:01   #171
lokken
BlueTuba

Fluid politics means having an open mind, treating everyone as a potential friend or a target and ultimately doing it.
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 15:06   #172
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

I was under the impression that blocks and fluid politics don't mix.
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 15:09   #173
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
WRONG.....Confindence is NOT a term used only in real life, it's a term that defines someone, in who they are, and in what they do. I certainly believe in "if your going to do something, do it right", and that applies to this game as it does to anything I decide to put my name on or be a part of. Arrogance has absolutely nothing to do with it.

As for this being a "new world" for me, not even close, I've been a part of winning teams on many occasasions in the past. After 20 years of military service, year around sports as a kid etc....I'm not some kid who just got the high score on Pac Man. I've no misconception about this game and it's importance in relation to real life.
Since 1up has been an alliance in this game there are a select few that fly their flag here about 1up's arrogance. And generally, it's a load of horseshit. You want to question my Command style? first walk a mile in my shoes... at no time have I belittled what other alliances have done, I've simply stated facts about 1up was able to do. My posts have been in response to your whining, and your drum beating about "1up arrogance"

as I stated in our public channel, I do not ask for, nor do I require your respect, and I certainly will not lose sleep over your personal feelings for me, if anything, your good for a laugh.....you whine like a little b****, people also know that about you. If you don't like me, that's too bad for you, truthfully I couldn't care less.
Throwing in a bunch of fantasies are we? Where do you get the idea that I'd question your command style, I've not even considered that nor do I care how you run your things. Why throwing it into this discussion? Why?

Walk a mile in your shoes, been there done that. I've had and still have my share of HC duties ...

I agree that if you do something, you do it right or you better not do it. To that I agree completely. I'm a very ambitious person irl, to the extend that pple could call me selfish.

guess it didn't take you long to resort to insults rather then reasoning. You've had 2 options really ... to ask me why I think this way or to insult me cause I think this way ... it is clear which road you chose ... another thing that defines you, not?

Did it maybe occur to you that pm'ing me asking why would have gotten you an answer? I guess not. As you said you don't care ... if you didn't then I wonder why you replied.

FA Gaming community

Unread 5 Oct 2005, 18:50   #174
Grog
Benevolent Dictator

Grog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud of

ok some points to make

1. Yes I know of at least one time where ND told 1up we were going to attack LCH, then changed plans & didn't inform 1up of it.
The occassion where LCH was waving Lok & a recall/ceasefire was arranged.
I know 1up wasn't informed of our change in plans because I inadvertantly informed them of it, believing them to already be aware of it.
I do agree that it shouldn't of happened, & it's perfectly understandable for 1up to be annoyed by this.
I'll do my best to insure that such things don't happen in the future.

2. Of course we played both sides against each other. Up until Insomnia fell apart we were a 5th place alliance with 60 odd members. The alliances ahead of us were all involved in a war & it was very difficult to see how helping either side win that war would benefit us.
It was in our best interest to have that war drag on as long as possible. ( another month of it would of been lovely)
Is that fence sitting? Well IMO not at all. We hit who we wanted to & didn't fear pissing anyone off. We had 2 NAPs the entire round & any ceasefires we ever arranged were simply agreements to stop focusing on that particular alliance, not to stop hitting them all together.

3. Arrogance like beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

4. History is written by the victor, so any discussions about what may of been are pointless. I apologize for even going there. 1ups win was dominant. Good job.
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 18:54   #175
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog
ok some points to make

1. Yes I know of at least one time where ND told 1up we were going to attack LCH, then changed plans & didn't inform 1up of it.
The occassion where LCH was waving Lok & a recall/ceasefire was arranged.
Just found the log with angryduck, saying we would be changing to galraids including taking the LCH planets, but '<[ND]Gate|NOPM> we're not giving them a real twatting like planned'. Which is what happened. Maybe I wasn't clear enough in what I said, as I was busy/distracted etc, but my conscience is clear.

Second time I informed Sid directly, and just found the log for it as promised.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 19:01   #176
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
4. History is written by the victor, so any discussions about what may of been are pointless. I apologize for even going there. 1ups win was dominant. Good job.
Actually history is usually written by the victors because the losers are dead or enslaved. That is not currently the case in PA as unfortunately my suggestion for a ritual beheading of the losing HC to replace the end of round ceremony has not yet been taken up by pateam
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 19:01   #177
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
Just found the log with angryduck, saying we would be changing to galraids including taking the LCH planets, but '<[ND]Gate|NOPM> we're not giving them a real twatting like planned'. Which is what happened. Maybe I wasn't clear enough in what I said, as I was busy/distracted etc, but my conscience is clear.

Second time I informed Sid directly, and just found the log for it as promised.
<[ND]Gate|NOPM> i'm a little girl with pigtails and a desire to be taken by a big black c***

That could be as real as yours

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Unread 5 Oct 2005, 19:07   #178
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifler
<[ND]Gate|NOPM> i'm a little girl with pigtails and a desire to be take by a big black c***

And it is ;o

However, I trust Sid and aNgRyDuCk to be honest, and i'm sure they will confirm the authenticity if it's really that much of an issue... by all means flame ND or myself: we made mistakes this round, we didn't win this round, we're not as good as 1up etc. But please don't make shit up. (or accept when you have mistakenly flamed ND for something which is incorrect, atleast)

In fact, a lot of ND's mistakes this round were my fault; with genuine opposition to 1up likely to appear next round, and without me in any command position (I may not be playing at all), ND is likely to change again.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 19:08   #179
Celebrant
All is lost all is lost:P

Celebrant is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Good to see you finnaly realise that that 1up would have won regardless of what ND did, nothing to discuss, just congratulate the winners and move on, that whining is just anoying.

[1up]
Celebrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 19:13   #180
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebrant
Good to see you finnaly realise that that 1up would have won regardless of what ND did, nothing to discuss, just congratulate the winners and move on, that whining is just anoying.
To the 1up personage who tried saying earlier that no 1up had been arrogant or bragging thus far...

Congrats. Your claim is now null and void =/
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 19:20   #181
Celebrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
To the 1up personage who tried saying earlier that no 1up had been arrogant or bragging thus far...

Congrats. Your claim is now null and void =/
errm, you missed the point, and its not bragging, its just explaining facts and to try get an end to this pointless discussion. Why not arguee about who is winning next round, now thats fun!

[1up]
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 19:31   #182
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Sorry but i cant see how you can say 1up would have won regardless of what ND did? If ND had hit 1up when it was losing roids and LCH were gaining on them then 1up wouldnt have won this round, LCH would have. Fact
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 19:32   #183
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Quote:

Quote:
errm, you missed the point, and its not bragging, its just explaining facts and to try get an end to this pointless discussion. Why not arguee about who is winning next round, now thats fun!

A fact is based on an outcome that has already been determined. Since ND did not make the move, it is not a fact but a theory on the outcome and there fore Squidly has every right to call your assumption arrogant
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 19:35   #184
Grog
Benevolent Dictator

Grog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifler
<[ND]Gate|NOPM> i'm a little girl with pigtails and a desire to be taken by a big black c***

That imo is incredibly lame.
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 19:41   #185
Celebrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyodor
A fact is based on an outcome that has already been determined. Since ND did not make the move, it is not a fact but a theory on the outcome
whatever:P

Quote:
there fore Squidly has every right to call your assumption arrogant
never said it was not arrogant

[1up]
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 19:42   #186
Stifler

Quote:
That imo is incredibly lame.

just lost money to a very bad beat in poker

had to do something

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Unread 5 Oct 2005, 19:44   #187
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
You are absolutely correct.

And on that note, I'd like to put forward a couple of other statements which fall along the same lines of truth here.

1. I am a god-like PA player who has won every round since Rd 4
2. Vsh fighters are excellent ships to defend against pegs with.

In other words celebrant: Bull****

And fyodor couldn't have put it better.
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 19:47   #188
Celebrant

Quote:
You are absolutely correct.

And on that note, I'd like to put forward a couple of other statements which fall along the same lines of truth here.

1. I am a god-like PA player who has won every round since Rd 4
2. Vsh fighters are excellent ships to defend against pegs with

thats more like it, wanna see more posts like that

[1up]
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 01:05   #189
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligFree
Sorry but i cant see how you can say 1up would have won regardless of what ND did? If ND had hit 1up when it was losing roids and LCH were gaining on them then 1up wouldnt have won this round, LCH would have. Fact
Quote:
A fact is based on an outcome that has already been determined.

Actually Fyodor's quote says enough. You never know what would happened.

LCH might have still splitted because of internal shit. Reunion/ToF might have gained a lot more from attacks on ND. Maybe even ND would have gained so much that they became #1!

I guess you can come up with a lot of possible actions here ...

We have a game with around 10+ bigger alliances and the choice of 1 of them will certainly not change the the outcome to only 1 possible winner. let's put the facts to the facts and the assumptions somewhere else.

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 01:11   #190
Treveler

I think its fear to say that 1up would find it very hard to win if ND had focused on 1up from the set go together with LCH, Hydra and insomnia, but then again ND wouldnt even be close to getting that 2nd spot they claimed in the end.

And btw my vsh fleet scared alot of pegs away during the round!
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 07:49   #191
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

blah....blah...if....blah.....maybe.....could've.....blah......

*yawn*

Any chance we can just wrap this crap up?

Quote:
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 09:35   #192
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
snip.
Sid himself posted that ND had not informed 1up earlier on last month.

He cited it as one mistake he believed ND made.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 09:43   #193
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligFree
ND can find the launch fleet button?

Damn, it looks like some alliances are advancing past the stage 1up desires. We will have to nuke you all soon in order to bring about a new stone age.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 09:58   #194
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve

Why can't all ND be like Grog (who admits and congratulates an alliance performs better than his' overall, without slanderous, silly, sarcastic, defensive or any unsportsman-like comments) or any other alliance runner-up in previous rounds.

So many what-ifs in teh world - we all agree on that.. move on pls mmk?
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 10:35   #195
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:

Damn, it looks like some alliances are advancing past the stage 1up desires. We will have to nuke you all soon in order to bring about a new stone age.
You should have reacted when ND reached the point where they were able to dress themselves alone ... It's too late for any actions right now

FA Gaming community

Unread 7 Oct 2005, 01:11   #196
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Quote:
You should have reacted when ND reached the point where they were able to dress themselves alone ... It's too late for any actions right now
Ooh.... that does it. Bring out the secret weapon guys! Blind them with our superb sense of fashion!

/me puts on the pink/orange bellbottoms
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 08:37   #197
hobo
Cliff Jumper

hobo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Ooh.... that does it. Bring out the secret weapon guys! Blind them with our superb sense of fashion!

/me puts on the pink/orange bellbottoms
Ooooh, i like this show. When does Kelso get on and make a goof of himself?
R14-16 1up MO
R30 hirr lemming

May the souls of a thousand furry lemmings take up residence in your cereal.
hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 09:32   #198
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

OMG!
1up has a grudge against us!

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 10:12   #199
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio
OMG!
1up has a grudge against us!
Nah, just you :P

Quote:
Unread 10 Oct 2005, 12:16   #200
olle
Newdawn ftw \o/

olle is infamous around these partsolle is infamous around these parts

1 on 1 ally wars are so much better A ally whould not be a puppet to another then.

There should be a tournament mode for it
We seed all ally, set em up 1vs1. The winner goes to next stage and so on til its only one left, that ally will be the winner
olle is offline   Reply With Quote