User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Sep 2005, 03:45   #151
Cryptic
Retard Magnet

Cryptic is infamous around these parts
Re: To much of a gap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis
does anyone else find themselves wondering if motox and almedia are the same person?
I'm wondering if your are up for some hot-leather-man-action

If you get tired of the crap , baby move over here and maybe buy some of mine

R1 c7R / Fury co-founder / annoying bully / Propaganda mechant.

Crypto Inc Comics
Cryptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 04:03   #152
Geezer77
There's Only One United!!

Geezer77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic
I am wondering if your gay, or just queer!!

'Death Smiles at us all, All a Man can do is Smile Back'
Geezer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 04:45   #153
Cryptic
Retard Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer77
I am wondering if your gay, or just queer!!
neither, I just force myself upon young men to break them

Crypto Inc Comics
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 08:30   #154
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

what's made you suddenly pop up again Cryptic?
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 09:35   #155
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse
Should reunion turn on 1up, it will not give them a chance to win, since LcH/ND will most likely turn on them.

As it looks now, they might get 2nd.
Rubbish, with all the 1up have, catching them is not going to be a walk in the park, even if it is 4 V 1. I doubt, which the time left, that it would be viable for ND/LCH to turn on Reunion, because I do not think they would get a lad which justfies it, if a lead at all.
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 10:13   #156
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
You made reference to LCH's roid gains yesterday (today when you made the post) - which are only relevant to the incs they received on that day.

You totally ignored what I was responding to: namely that you stated that 1up wouldn't hit the alliance with the lowest roid count per member. 1up DID in fact hit LCH when LCH had the lowerst roid count per member (of the top 4 alliances) - so your point was clearly wrong. Yes, we can go on all day with you totally ignoring the fact that you stated something which is self-evidently wrong.

To reiterate: you said 1up would never do something - yet we'd already done precisely that thing. Pretending that you never said it won't alter the fact that you did - or the fact that an argument based on a false assumption is never going to be reliable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game
Personnally i dont see how the NAP with 1up benefits Reunion anymore, its not like 1up are going to WANT to attack the alliance with the least roids per member now is it.

Please tell me Sid where i said it was gospel that you WOULDNT attack the alliance with the least roids per member, im simply saying that you wouldnt WANT to. Same as with LCH at the moment, you dont want to particularly hit them because the yields gained from them is getting smaller, hence why you DIDNT hit LCH yesterday.

But please feel free to twist the words that I say to completely change the point and make yourself look "clever", oh and then of course round it all off by having the cheek to say im missing the point.
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 10:23   #157
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game^
Please tell me Sid where i said it was gospel that you WOULDNT attack the alliance with the least roids per member, im simply saying that you wouldnt WANT to. Same as with LCH at the moment, you dont want to particularly hit them because the yields gained from them is getting smaller, hence why you DIDNT hit LCH yesterday.

But please feel free to twist the words that I say to completely change the point and make yourself look "clever", oh and then of course round it all off by having the cheek to say im missing the point.
So you say we didn't "want" to hit LCH - but still did. What relevance would it therefore have whether we "want" to hit reunion or not - as you seem to seem to think what we "want" is somehow different to what we do.

Out of the various options available to us at the time, we "wanted" to hit LCH more than we "wanted" to hit the other targets open open to us. How you can therefore say that we didn't "want" to hit LCH baffles me: if there was an option i "wanted" to do more then 1up would have done it.

Maybe you're confusing "want" with "wish" - as in I "wished" there were a fatter alliance than LCH which it made tactical sense to hit, but of the options actually available i "wanted" to hit LCH more than the alternatives.
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 11:01   #158
Paddy
ND for life

Paddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse
Should reunion turn on 1up, it will not give them a chance to win, since LcH/ND will most likely turn on them.

As it looks now, they might get 2nd.

Is it just me or is noone getting the point that reunion breaking the NAP with 1up does not automatically mean they will focus all their attacks on 1up. Lets have a look at the possible situations:

1) Reunion and 1up stay napped. The ND vs Reunion war continues. 1up keep hitting LCH or start hitting ND as they look more attractive targets. Reunion finish 2nd or 3rd with 0 chance of 1st as there is absolutely no way that they will catch 1up simply by outroiding them

2) Reunion break the NAP with 1up and immediately start hitting 1up. Doing this would certainly mean that the gap to 1up closed and possibly give Reunion a very slight chance of winning the round. However as has already been pointed out many times this course of action would probably end up benefitting ND more than Reunion

3) Reunion break the NAP with 1up but don't focus entirely on 1up. This would mean that the Reunion vs ND war would stop as Reunion would be at least occasionally hitting 1up. This would leave ND and LCH hitting 1up and bringing them back to Reunion (or at least reducing how quickly they got away). Meanwhile Reunion would be making opportunist attacks on any of the top 3 alliances whilst getting very few incomings themselves. They would grow the quickest of the top 4 alliances (assuming 1up target the people hitting only them, not Reunion) and therefore be in a position whereby if ND and LCH manage to drag 1up back they can then choose their targets more carefully and have a much better chance of getting #1

If Reunion want to finish #1 then it would seem obvious that the best course of action is the 3rd alternative. If however they want a fairly secure 2nd with some possiblity of 3rd they should keep the NAP.

I have tried to be as objective as possible in this reply but being and ND member it is probable that I am at least slightly biased. If you see any flaw in my logic please let me know.
Paddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 12:16   #159
Agerus

Agerus can only hope to improve

did you ever consider that Reunion might be happy with 2nd spot in the current situation?

and they will get 2nd in the current situation pretty certainly. With LCH more and more weakened by 1up attacks, ND will soon get heavy incs from Reuinion and 1up and slowly fall down the ranks as well.
Agerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 12:28   #160
Paddy
ND for life

Paddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to behold

If you are replying to me Agerus try reading my post again. I didn't say Reunion should definately break the NAP. I said that if they want to finish 1st then they should. I also said that if they are happy with 2nd then they should keep the NAP.
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 14:28   #161
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Unlike ND who've bullocksed back and forth generally avoiding incoming by playing proactively in the political arena and reactively in the military arena. A bit like Angels, except Angels didn't really play in the military arena at all.
Which is ofcourse your opinion and even then it'd be a fair and smart strategy.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 14:30   #162
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So you say we didn't "want" to hit LCH - but still did. What relevance would it therefore have whether we "want" to hit reunion or not - as you seem to seem to think what we "want" is somehow different to what we do.

Out of the various options available to us at the time, we "wanted" to hit LCH more than we "wanted" to hit the other targets open open to us. How you can therefore say that we didn't "want" to hit LCH baffles me: if there was an option i "wanted" to do more then 1up would have done it.

Maybe you're confusing "want" with "wish" - as in I "wished" there were a fatter alliance than LCH which it made tactical sense to hit, but of the options actually available i "wanted" to hit LCH more than the alternatives.
I guess ND and LCH will always have this "relationship" no matter what the political landscape is. Pretty much like the relationship between lch and 1up (who also fought eachother in every round they both played).

FA Gaming community

Unread 4 Sep 2005, 15:07   #163
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I think its more your interpretation of the word "want" to be honest Sid, im more thinking you didnt WANT to hit LCH, but HAD to because of them attacking you. You didnt WANT to hit LCH as their roids offer little benefit as they dont have many, but you HAD to.

This would we be the case with Reunion, you wouldnt WANT to hit them as they offer little return in terms of roids, but you may HAVE to hit Reunion, 2 completely different situations in all honesty.
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 15:09   #164
Cryptic
Retard Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar
what's made you suddenly pop up again Cryptic?
my WoW server went down so I popped onto IRC and the Forums out of boredom ... and my ego forced me to do a search on my old nick
... was seeing who was still about etc

I noticed Captain Slap head is still at it full throttle ( /me waves at Sid )

Crypto Inc Comics
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 15:37   #165
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
my WoW server went down so I popped onto IRC and the Forums out of boredom ... and my ego forced me to do a search on my old nick

Thats Captain slap head _Sir_ to you, sunshine.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 15:53   #166
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game^
I think its more your interpretation of the word "want" to be honest Sid, im more thinking you didnt WANT to hit LCH, but HAD to because of them attacking you. You didnt WANT to hit LCH as their roids offer little benefit as they dont have many, but you HAD to.

This would we be the case with Reunion, you wouldnt WANT to hit them as they offer little return in terms of roids, but you may HAVE to hit Reunion, 2 completely different situations in all honesty.
Game, I think what you fail to see is that we want to hit the target which benefits us most in a tactical way - this does not necessarily have to be the most roid fat target.

Hitting ND is tempting but stupid at the same time (for 1up that is), even though it would grant Reunion some relief with ND then most likely turning on 1up as well. We might get an incredible roid growth for one night that way, but mid-term we'd face a 2-frontier-war which is simply not beneficial for 1up.

Last edited by Heartless; 4 Sep 2005 at 15:54. Reason: spelling
Heartless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 16:15   #167
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
He's set in reverse though (or neutral at best).

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 16:40   #168
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:

WoW server down ... you must be playing on Warsong aswell then, known as the "most offline server in wow"

FA Gaming community

Unread 4 Sep 2005, 17:42   #169
Paddy
ND for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
Game, I think what you fail to see is that we want to hit the target which benefits us most in a tactical way - this does not necessarily have to be the most roid fat target.

Hitting ND is tempting but stupid at the same time (for 1up that is), even though it would grant Reunion some relief with ND then most likely turning on 1up as well. We might get an incredible roid growth for one night that way, but mid-term we'd face a 2-frontier-war which is simply not beneficial for 1up.

This all depends (like Game said) on your definition of "want". You virtually said yourself that 1up want to hit ND but because of the tactical situation of the round they were forced to hit LCH. However another way of interpretting "want" is to say that 1up want to hit the best target tactically and that this is/was LCH. It is all a matter of of how you interpret it. Basically none of you are more right than any other (including Sid in this), it is all a matter of how you interpret it.
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 18:19   #170
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Seems ND started hitting 1up as soon as they landed in 2nd place.
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 18:48   #171
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
Seems ND started hitting 1up as soon as they landed in 2nd place.
We did?
What a crap night to be gone

I WANT FURBY ROIDS!

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 19:35   #172
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
This all depends (like Game said) on your definition of "want". You virtually said yourself that 1up want to hit ND but because of the tactical situation of the round they were forced to hit LCH. However another way of interpretting "want" is to say that 1up want to hit the best target tactically and that this is/was LCH. It is all a matter of of how you interpret it. Basically none of you are more right than any other (including Sid in this), it is all a matter of how you interpret it.
I did not say 1up want to hit ND, I said 1up wants to hit where it is tactically most benefitial.

So, no space for any definition of the word "want" in this case. It is tempting to hit ND, which is because you supply roid-fat targets. We, however, don't want to because we're educated and can control our feelings and don't fall for the next best easy girl around the corner.
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 20:10   #173
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
We, however, don't want to because we're educated and can control our feelings and don't fall for the next best easy girl around the corner.
Errr.... bugger, I'd better leave 1up and join NOS, then I can shag everyone around every corner all at the same time.
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 20:33   #174
Cryptic
Retard Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
Thats Captain slap head _Sir_ to you, sunshine.
I was busy writing 'tw*t' on Sids drunken forehead in felt tip while you were in the proverbial PA nappies my lover

.... I call no one sir ( although Sid does have my respect as a gamer - and erst while mate )

Crypto Inc Comics
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 20:43   #175
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Quote:
I believe you are confusing me with zhil
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 21:45   #176
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
.... I call no one sir ( although Sid does have my respect as a gamer - and erst while mate )

I believe u called me sir, just before you put your tongue in my mouth
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 21:50   #177
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio
I WANT FURBY ROIDS!
EXCUSE ME?!!
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 23:04   #178
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

Envious has a spectacular aura aboutEnvious has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
It's not too late for 1up to be beaten, however, Reunions leader is ex 1up, and he seems happy with 2nd.
so, 1up first, Reunion 2nd, hitting ND on 3rd....
replace Reunion by LCH, where does that put us?
Envious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 23:06   #179
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Well, the goalposts changed slightly today.
Unread 5 Sep 2005, 19:56   #180
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
I was busy writing 'tw*t' on Sids drunken forehead in felt tip while you were in the proverbial PA nappies my lover

Sorry Sir.

*sob*

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 5 Sep 2005, 21:55   #181
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

maybe we should have removed the alliance rankings!
nobody knows of the strength/numbers/roids(besides good intel)....... and nobody wants ppl to gang upon the #1
have every ally play to have fun and reach a "position" that suits them well.
be it gaining roids from a "strong" ally, repelling multiple incomming waves, performing some nice fleetcatches....... whatever

this watching at the rankings every tick and start whining: omg, nobody can stop 1up (or whatever ally this might be in the future) from winning now is getting boring

Prost!

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2005, 21:58   #182
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunkelGraf
this watching at the rankings every tick and start whining: omg, nobody can stop 1up (or whatever ally this might be in the future) from winning now is getting boring
Yeah, it's boring. But we used to have it before alliance ranks too. It could get plenty more insane as well.

The alliance ranks have just given idiots a new thing to point at when they're ranting and raving.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2005, 22:02   #183
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
Yeah, it's boring. But we used to have it before alliance ranks too. It could get plenty more insane as well.

The alliance ranks have just given idiots a new thing to point at when they're ranting and raving.
I resent the accusation that I "rant and rave".

Quote:
Unread 5 Sep 2005, 22:05   #184
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
I resent the accusation that I "rant and rave".

atleast you raved before someone cut your balls off
Unread 6 Sep 2005, 12:17   #185
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar
Errr.... bugger, I'd better leave 1up and join NOS, then I can shag everyone around every corner all at the same time.
And then you get syfilis and die !!

FA Gaming community

Unread 6 Sep 2005, 12:24   #186
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunkelGraf
maybe we should have removed the alliance rankings!
nobody knows of the strength/numbers/roids(besides good intel)....... and nobody wants ppl to gang upon the #1
have every ally play to have fun and reach a "position" that suits them well.
be it gaining roids from a "strong" ally, repelling multiple incomming waves, performing some nice fleetcatches....... whatever

Prost!
If there's no alliance rank system, we get back to deciding who won looking at the top planets and top galaxies ... which imo will lead to players and alliances caring more about planet/galaxy ranks rather then the performance of the entire alliance.

Who cares if 80% of your members have a shit score, if you have the top planets and galaxies you'd be considered the alliance which performed best in the old rounds (I'm leaving the block situation and all sorts of variations on that out of this discussion).

Also, since there's no rank system, alot of alliance won't be hitting the "best" alliance but the alliance they dislike the most or the alliance which targets them the most. In that scenario, 1up might end up with alot of alliances aiming at them ... though they are getting used to be in that position

FA Gaming community