User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 16 Aug 2005, 09:12   #151
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold
Re: Insomnia Political Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
It was him that tried to justify it, not me
Yes, it is also you that is questioning the reasons for the NAP. So?
Apparently for 1Up keeping their wits is as difficult as keeping their roids.

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2005, 09:13   #152
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio
what part of "Insomnia Political Announcement" don't you understand?
Oh what, we dont get to question the leaders now then?

go away before I summon Cryptic on you
Unread 16 Aug 2005, 09:20   #153
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Considering what Sid has said has been shown to be the truth - it's rather funny you're even bothering to debate it again.

Fact is, all you've got is an attempt to try and say this was all 'planned' by Sid - which if so, then Sid is the grand master of all Planetarion Politics and every alliance is a puppet on his strings. Watch the LCH dance to his tune! Watch the rats follow to the tune of his pipe!

Sid - the pied piper of PA!
First of all, learn to READ and do not put words into MY mouth which I never spoke. Plz find me a quote where I said Sid planned all of this ...

What I merely claim is that Sid made his initial thread with no other purpose of creating a pure PR thread aimed to boost his own alliance and put the enemy in a bad daylight, no matter what the reaction is.

And he succeeded, we all know he's skilled in many ways and playing the boards is on of his skills (READ THIS: I do not claim he's lying or anything).
That being said, PR is a part of a war (in real life asmuch as in this game). It's not a bad thing either, every round is partly manipulated by PR, there's no way around that.

It's not like I shot sid through the head or anything for making the post, I'm just saying it's nothing more then PR, but I don't expect him to admit to that (as that'd ruin the point of PR)

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2005, 10:39   #154
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler

Wait a minute, it's ok to question the leaders? Are you still playing? Will the "great" ( ) Sid stop to deceive us? Or what are you saying?

PS
Cryptic forgot how to sway and Sid is now also going that way.

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2005, 11:29   #155
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
First of all, learn to READ and do not put words into MY mouth which I never spoke. Plz find me a quote where I said Sid planned all of this ...

What I merely claim is that Sid made his initial thread with no other purpose of creating a pure PR thread aimed to boost his own alliance and put the enemy in a bad daylight, no matter what the reaction is.
I see that you are not denying the truth of anything Sid actually said. Your argument appears to be "Sid said it, and he said it to benefit himself, therefore it is invalid".

If something is true (such as the statement "LCH and Insomnia are cooperating against 1up") then it doesn't matter who says it, or what their motivations are. Of course, those who believe it to be untrue are free to deny it, which they have not done.

Quote:
And he succeeded, we all know he's skilled in many ways and playing the boards is on of his skills (READ THIS: I do not claim he's lying or anything).
That being said, PR is a part of a war (in real life asmuch as in this game). It's not a bad thing either, every round is partly manipulated by PR, there's no way around that.
I don't see what the "skill" is in posting simple facts. You're implying that this is some kind of trick, designed to fool the gullible masses, as if people posting here are incapable of reading a post and forming their own opinions. Perhaps Sid really is an evil AD wizard, casting his spell over everyone. Or perhaps people respond to his thread because it's true.

Quote:
It's not like I shot sid through the head or anything for making the post, I'm just saying it's nothing more then PR, but I don't expect him to admit to that (as that'd ruin the point of PR)
Ooh, the evil PR! If we were not allowed to post things that might be useful to our own alliances, there would be very little point in posting on AD.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2005, 12:54   #156
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
I see that you are not denying the truth of anything Sid actually said. Your argument appears to be "Sid said it, and he said it to benefit himself, therefore it is invalid".

If something is true (such as the statement "LCH and Insomnia are cooperating against 1up") then it doesn't matter who says it, or what their motivations are. Of course, those who believe it to be untrue are free to deny it, which they have not done.

I don't see what the "skill" is in posting simple facts. You're implying that this is some kind of trick, designed to fool the gullible masses, as if people posting here are incapable of reading a post and forming their own opinions. Perhaps Sid really is an evil AD wizard, casting his spell over everyone. Or perhaps people respond to his thread because it's true.

Ooh, the evil PR! If we were not allowed to post things that might be useful to our own alliances, there would be very little point in posting on AD.
your post is the prove that alot of pple can't READ what's been posted on AD. Did I say pple shouldn't make PR on these boards? I know aswell that AD has no other goal then PR (in any form).

Zhil's post is ANOTHER example of pple that cannot read a post. IF he did, he wouldn't have replied the way he did cause he put words in my mouth that I never posted or anything...

So Rob, think for yourself and maybe realise that ALOT of pple often fail to read what's written, yes even I sometimes do that aswell.

To the subject Rob, whether Sid is saying the truth or a blatant lie doesn't matter. Half of the posts on AD are one claiming this and the other claiming something else ... which means 50% of the time pple are just lying on AD.

You are correct if you say I don't think Sid was lying. I think he was honnest. If you read his post, he said he'll take actions against a block that "according to his opinion" has been made. I believe that, I believe Sid will counter any hostiles aimed at his alliance, in whatever form they appear.

Cause that was the purpose of his thread. If he only wanted to say "hey AD, LCH and co are allied" then he would have posted actual proof of this. His thread was him telling 1up will counter any hostiles.

And to that I replied, cause I find it nonsence to make such statements as that is the OBVIOUS action ANY HC would take ... hence why I conclude that it was nothing more then PR.

Rob, if you reply plz read what I actually wrote down

FA Gaming community

Unread 16 Aug 2005, 14:11   #157
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
To the subject Rob, whether Sid is saying the truth or a blatant lie doesn't matter. Half of the posts on AD are one claiming this and the other claiming something else ... which means 50% of the time pple are just lying on AD.
So you're saying that because some people lie, we should treat everything said on AD as if it is a lie? Or that there is no meaningful difference between a lie and the truth?

I believe that what Sid posted is true and this seems to be accepted by most people. You also agree that it is true, but then claim it's meaningless because it's "PR". By your logic, anything posted on AD is just PR, regardless of whether it is true or not.

Quote:
You are correct if you say I don't think Sid was lying. I think he was honnest. If you read his post, he said he'll take actions against a block that "according to his opinion" has been made. I believe that, I believe Sid will counter any hostiles aimed at his alliance, in whatever form they appear.

Cause that was the purpose of his thread. If he only wanted to say "hey AD, LCH and co are allied" then he would have posted actual proof of this. His thread was him telling 1up will counter any hostiles.
An alliance leader responding to actions by other alliances and posting about it on AD? Whatever next!

Quote:
And to that I replied, cause I find it nonsence to make such statements as that is the OBVIOUS action ANY HC would take ... hence why I conclude that it was nothing more then PR.

Rob, if you reply plz read what I actually wrote down
I don't understand what you mean by "nothing more than PR". Who cares if it's PR or not?

In an earlier post you stated that each round is "manipulated" by the use of "PR". I think a person would have to be very stupid indeed to be "manipulated" by the posting of basic facts. If people's opinions change, it will be because the facts have changed, not because of "PR". If, for example, a political change occurs, it will not be because Sid has manipulated people with his clever PR, it will be because the facts have changed and alliance HCs have made new decisions in the interests of their alliances.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2005, 14:40   #158
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
What if 1up theoretical NAPs with Veneratio or VGN? Would that be 'being nice' rather than 'tactical advantage'?

ANY NAP is a tactical advantage regardless of how it is portrayed - otherwise there simply isn't a point in the NAP at all.
Especially when looking at NoS night and xVx night over the last few days
Unread 16 Aug 2005, 15:28   #159
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
So you're saying that because some people lie, we should treat everything said on AD as if it is a lie? Or that there is no meaningful difference between a lie and the truth?

I believe that what Sid posted is true and this seems to be accepted by most people. You also agree that it is true, but then claim it's meaningless because it's "PR". By your logic, anything posted on AD is just PR, regardless of whether it is true or not.
Yet again you manage to give another meaning to the words I wrote, but that's probably asmuch my fault as it is yours.

No I didn't say we should treat all posters as liars, but we should be well aware that in EVERY discussion there are pple agreeing and denying. On simple issues like "are they napped" then 50% is telling the truth, the other half is either deliberatly lying or just don't know.

Maybe that part in my post was abit missplaced, it was meant as a general remark rather then one specific towards Sid.

Quote:
An alliance leader responding to actions by other alliances and posting about it on AD? Whatever next!
Well, that's just my opinion but I find making a post on AD to respond to hostilities a waste of time. What matters is the response on the battlefield. If alliances however post it on AD, what do you think is the reasoning behind it? What is the motive of the command to make such a post?

Quote:
I don't understand what you mean by "nothing more than PR". Who cares if it's PR or not?

In an earlier post you stated that each round is "manipulated" by the use of "PR". I think a person would have to be very stupid indeed to be "manipulated" by the posting of basic facts. If people's opinions change, it will be because the facts have changed, not because of "PR". If, for example, a political change occurs, it will not be because Sid has manipulated people with his clever PR, it will be because the facts have changed and alliance HCs have made new decisions in the interests of their alliances.
Rob, now you're being abit naïve m8. Alot of pple get manipulated by PR on AD. How do you think alot of the big blocks exist? if nobody posts about it on AD, it'd be ALOT calmer and alliances wouldn't panick and contact other HC's to put themselves in a safer position against a "potential" block.

Another example is if you make a thread about Exilition cheating ... at no point EVER was there enough valid proof provided on AD, nonetheless alot of the current AD posters are convinced Exilition have cheated.
If it never came on AD, I'm sure alot less pple would have made a fuss about something that's not even proven to be true ...

I'm just giving examples, I'm not expressing my own opinions on these matters.

FA Gaming community

Unread 17 Aug 2005, 07:46   #160
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
First of all, learn to READ
last i checked our users were literate.

and less of the spamming Jonas/ND.
Unread 2 Sep 2005, 21:34   #161
Cryptic
Retard Magnet

Cryptic is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler

BOO

If you get tired of the crap , baby move over here and maybe buy some of mine

R1 c7R / Fury co-founder / annoying bully / Propaganda mechant.

Crypto Inc Comics
Cryptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2005, 21:40   #162
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Bloody Hell. Just when I thought that it was safe to venture out my house, Cryptic puts in an appearance. I'm going back into my bunker (and Minty, I suggest you get something to protect your bollocks from BB guns).