User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 13 Aug 2005, 02:33   #101
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Insomnia Political Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
Alltho a bit sarcastic, it was right to the point explaining the obvious.
I'm glad you understood it so that now you can explain it to me. The bit I'm having trouble with is this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
We'll choose which one we focus on based on what makes most sense to us - and in general the smallest member of a block is the easiest to mitigate our losses by focussing on.
When he says he wants to mitigate his losses I assume he means that he wants to gain at least some of the roids that his alliance is losing. Attacking the #3 alliance rather than the #2 one will probably do this for you since it's likely that their roids are easier to take.

However, factor in the fact that the #2 alliance is not losing roids (not as fast as they would be if his alliance were targetting them) and you start to see that comparatively his alliance is losing far more than they could be. The #2 has a much higher potential of becoming the #1 alliance when you follow this tactic.
Unread 13 Aug 2005, 02:53   #102
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Whats not to understand? It made sense for 1up to attack Insomnia last night.

If you are unable to see why that made sense in the political environment we see in pa right now, thats your loss and its not for me to explain.

And the "tit for tat" strategy has proven to be effective in the past. It might be that simple.
Unread 13 Aug 2005, 02:57   #103
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

OK, fine, don't explain it.

But here's a good idea: If you're unwilling / unable to explain why something is a good idea then stop defending it.

Nobody likes a dumbass.
Unread 13 Aug 2005, 03:05   #104
Treveler

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
OK, fine, don't explain it.

But here's a good idea: If you're unwilling / unable to explain why something is a good idea then stop defending it.
I havent defended anything (as it dont need defending) and I wount do your homework no.

Quote:
Nobody likes a dumbass.
I guess this is you then? http://thedarktower.net/forums/uploa...1098757852.jpg
Unread 13 Aug 2005, 03:07   #105
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Quote:
Well, it made me laugh
Unread 13 Aug 2005, 03:08   #106
Treveler

Quote:
Well, it made me laugh
Something good came out of this useless discussion then
Unread 13 Aug 2005, 03:50   #107
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

It was only useless because you made it useless.

Hopefully somebody with more than half a brain cell will continue the discussion more fruitfully at a later date.
Unread 13 Aug 2005, 04:01   #108
Treveler

You’re poor little thing. Did I hurt your feelings now?
Unread 13 Aug 2005, 04:04   #109
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Quote:
You’re poor little thing. Did I hurt your feelings now?
ffs give it a rest. We have already established that you are unwilling to discuss the matter at hand. So why bother posting?

Last edited by lokken; 13 Aug 2005 at 09:31.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2005, 04:24   #110
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

First off, 1up wants to win the round, so does LCH, Insomnia, Hydra, and prolly everyone else. Thats logic isnt it?

I would hate to see an alliance at top that didnt deserve it. I am quite sure that 1up is capable of defending themselves, so is/should Insomnia, LCH and the other alliances be.

Personally I fail to see the problem with ganging up on an alliance that is clearly better than the others in pursuit. It makes the game more challenging for 1up and would prolly still lead too 1up victory in the end.

I think 1up is capable of total ownage this round, and think that its up to the other alliances to team up to make the round a good challenge for 1up.

Because if anyone really thought that 1up could be handed the victory freely they should look at Planetarion 101..
Unread 13 Aug 2005, 05:18   #111
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Or then again, maybe it's psychological warfare. Screw over Insomnia as an example to the rest of the galaxy. Mess with us and we take you down. Once the other alliances see what 1up will do to Insomnia (assuming they do persist and roid them to the ground obviously, I'm not saying they will) then they'll steer clear.
Isn't this what LCH tried to do to ND in round 12?

However, this is a very different stage in the round and I'm sure 1up are confident of being able to take LCH and/or Hydra down in the later stages of the round... perhaps implying that Insomnia are seen as the greatest long term threat? From what I've seen and heard*, it seems Insomnia are the only alliance that have been going full on for 1up anyway.

*I am not God, no matter what someone from LCH or Hydra may want to imply. If you have been going full on for 1up, my apologies.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2005, 07:29   #112
Chaos

Chaos will become famous soon enoughChaos will become famous soon enough

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=crock
R7-R11 : HR HC / NoS Head Techie / NoS WC
R12 : Retired <- GF gives ultimatum. PA or Her.
R13 : HR Peon -> BC -> MC (GC of Winning Gal)
R14 : HR HC
R15 : Retired <- GF dumps me cuz of PA.
R16 : HR Peon
R19 : Omen BC
R20-R30 : Retired
R31 : HR Peon

Someone give me a dictionary.
Cuz I don't seem to know what retired means. =/
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2005, 10:47   #113
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
Isn't this what LCH tried to do to ND in round 12?

However, this is a very different stage in the round and I'm sure 1up are confident of being able to take LCH and/or Hydra down in the later stages of the round... perhaps implying that Insomnia are seen as the greatest long term threat? From what I've seen and heard*, it seems Insomnia are the only alliance that have been going full on for 1up anyway.

*I am not God, no matter what someone from LCH or Hydra may want to imply. If you have been going full on for 1up, my apologies.
I fail to see how Insomnia can be seen as the bigger threat. They have a similar average score and average roid count as LCH but to be a real threat they're going to need to recruit 20 people with a high score and roid count (compared to the Universe average). I really don't see this happening.

I don't know how hard LCH are hitting 1up but it would be a big shame if they weren't making a concerted effort. If so they'd basically be letting the no. 1 spot be decided at this stage.
Unread 13 Aug 2005, 10:49   #114
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Alltho a bit sarcastic, it was right to the point explaining the obvious.

And KJ calling Sid attention seeking. That really made me giggle...
why else make a thread saying "we will fight back the pple attacking us" ... I mean, I thought that was the obvious thing to do and didn't realize it was needed to make a thread about it ...

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2005, 11:56   #115
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
I fail to see how Insomnia can be seen as the bigger threat. They have a similar average score and average roid count as LCH but to be a real threat they're going to need to recruit 20 people with a high score and roid count (compared to the Universe average). I really don't see this happening.

I don't know how hard LCH are hitting 1up but it would be a big shame if they weren't making a concerted effort. If so they'd basically be letting the no. 1 spot be decided at this stage.
I meant bigger threat as in the number of fleets they send at 1up.

If Insomnia send twice as many fleets at 1up, it makes sense to ensure you outgrow them by taking their roids. 1up proved earlier in the round that if LCH aren't hitting them, they can quite easily and even emphatically outgrow them and take the win, because LCH are apparently not making as much of a direct effort against 1up as Insomnia are.

This isn't a dig at LCH, they have to ensure that as well as bringing 1up down, they come out on top, but they are very lucky that someone is doing most of the work. Again, from what I've seen and heard.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2005, 17:04   #116
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
So next round, if you are struggling, u will block.

Why not just make an announcement that anytmie you cant win, you will block.
Hoppa, a block is born... or what is 1Up's deal with Reunion?

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2005, 18:50   #117
virogenesis
Proud ex EnTitY bc

virogenesis is infamous around these partsvirogenesis is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio
Hoppa, a block is born... or what is 1Up's deal with Reunion?
An NAP didn't Sid say earlier on in this thread tut tut tut silly Scorpio :P
10:04| »» <Vir> |10:02| »» <Zhil> Kj doesnt need taunting <---- true he only needs a mirror
|10:04| »» <Vir> |10:05| »» <Zhil> lol
|10:05| »» <Zhil> I just got the image |10:05| »» <Zhil> of KJ
|10:05| »» <Zhil> being a budgie |10:05| »» <Vir> lmao
|10:05| »» <Zhil> and going "Pretty FAnG boy!" |10:05| »» <Zhil> talking into the mirror |10:05| »» <Zhil> little bell "ding ding ding"
Former: TRG, SL, AIM, ND, G-ii, EtY, ICD [1up], ReUnioN
virogenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2005, 19:08   #118
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by virogenesis
An NAP didn't Sid say earlier on in this thread tut tut tut silly Scorpio :P
ah right, I guess 1up is struggling really hard then.

Was predicted ofcourse. As soon as Sid starts accusing people of blocking, it's quite safe to put your money on his own alliance already having formed a block. I think I'll call it tradition. "Out of date", "lack of inspiration", "laziness", "fear", "shame" are not really the first words that came to mind.

— Scorpio
Unread 13 Aug 2005, 19:54   #119
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

Generally Sid's first posts in a round are something like "a statement of intention and motivation"

Don't mix up the order in which events transpire.
Unread 13 Aug 2005, 20:13   #120
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayl
Generally Sid's first posts in a round are something like "a statement of intention and motivation"

Don't mix up the order in which events transpire.
Yeah, probably. I guess he forgot about that while writing this post though
In this "motivational" post he is clearly claiming 1Up's opponents have formed a block. Having played with and against Sid (and his alliance), it's become quite well known that he always has a trick up his sleeve. His "you blocked, so we saw ourselves forced to block as well" has been done over and over and over. And it's not like it's never happened that he made such a statement while infact he had his own block prepared already.

— Scorpio
Unread 13 Aug 2005, 23:13   #121
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Yeah, probably. I guess he forgot about that while writing this post though
In this "motivational" post he is clearly claiming 1Up's opponents have formed a block. Having played with and against Sid (and his alliance), it's become quite well known that he always has a trick up his sleeve. His "you blocked, so we saw ourselves forced to block as well" has been done over and over and over. And it's not like it's never happened that he made such a statement while infact he had his own block prepared already.
I think I get what your saying in a way.
I guess its sort of like hunger.
You know you will be hungry so your "plan" to eat Breakfast, lunch, and dinner.*
BUT YOU DON"T PLAN THAT MIDNIGHT SNACK THOUGH!!!!!! *wink*
And thats the one that makes you fat.

*3 balanced meals.
Unread 13 Aug 2005, 23:18   #122
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

So scorpio, because sid annaounces he will act on what has happned (what is obviuos to all and no comment needed), and he stops all speculation by saying exactly the truth, which NO-ONE disputes, you find fault?

Heh.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2005, 00:25   #123
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So scorpio, because sid annaounces he will act on what has happned (what is obviuos to all and no comment needed), and he stops all speculation by saying exactly the truth, which NO-ONE disputes, you find fault?

Heh.
No, he found your remark on it utter shit ... As if 1up doesn't form a block when they're not strong enough themselves ... Don't for any second put yourself higher then others, 1up blocks aswell if they can't handle it alone, as does any alliance.

I think THAT is what Scorpio was commenting on, that the fact that there never was a decent reason for Sid to make that post.

FA Gaming community

Unread 14 Aug 2005, 03:06   #124
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
I think THAT is what Scorpio was commenting on, that the fact that there never was a decent reason for Sid to make that post.
My thread has more replies and views than any other thread created on AD since ticks started. That suggests that unlike you, there are plenty of people who believe that discussing who's allied/napped with who etc is a perfectly valid and interesting topic for AD. Just because LCH may not want the subject discussed, doesn't alter the fact that it's precisely the kind of discussion that AD SHOULD contain.
Unread 14 Aug 2005, 05:09   #125
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
My thread has more replies and views than any other thread created on AD since ticks started. That suggests that unlike you, there are plenty of people who believe that discussing who's allied/napped with who etc is a perfectly valid and interesting topic for AD.
OR...

...people just like the way your words read. :/
Unread 14 Aug 2005, 06:51   #126
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
My thread has more replies and views than any other thread created on AD since ticks started. ...
wow...look at the size of your e-penis :P

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2005, 11:05   #127
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

People create specualtion rumours etc... etc.. then someone tells the truth and they all moan coz they cant speculate

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2005, 11:42   #128
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
My thread has more replies and views than any other thread created on AD since ticks started. That suggests that unlike you, there are plenty of people who believe that discussing who's allied/napped with who etc is a perfectly valid and interesting topic for AD. Just because LCH may not want the subject discussed, doesn't alter the fact that it's precisely the kind of discussion that AD SHOULD contain.
As if the number or replies is a reference to a quality post ... cmon Sid, you know better then that, and you also know I like to discuss political situations any time.
And I know these things belong on AD, we see them every round. PR is a part of PA, but what's so bad about pple saying it is PR?

FA Gaming community

Unread 14 Aug 2005, 11:42   #129
Incredible
Can i get some green dots

Incredible is an unknown quantity at this point

I think Sid is a spy in the Penis-Allianz
Incredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2005, 11:45   #130
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
People create specualtion rumours etc... etc.. then someone tells the truth and they all moan coz they cant speculate
God, you actually that biassed to believe you're the only ones talking the truth ???

FA Gaming community

Unread 14 Aug 2005, 12:28   #131
Karandras

Karandras is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
God, you actually that biassed to believe you're the only ones talking the truth ???
No one was doing much talking at all up until that point.
Karandras is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2005, 13:47   #132
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

It seems things are escalating into full block wars at the moment.
Just end the coordination and start targetting most hostile alliances. I think the objective has been achieved.
Unread 14 Aug 2005, 14:47   #133
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Quote:

Heh.
Kj said it well.

Who is to say Sid is acting upon what is happening? I'm merely saying that it wouldn't be the first time for Sid to 'persuade' (for lack of a better word) others to start doing things so he can justify what he had already done in the first place, eg. forming a block.
His openness is just a farce. Some say Sid's not lieing, but he sure isn't telling the truth either.

Concerning the postview of Sid's thread... Might have something to do with his "drunk" post.

— Scorpio
Unread 14 Aug 2005, 15:18   #134
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
It seems things are escalating into full block wars at the moment.
Just end the coordination and start targetting most hostile alliances. I think the objective has been achieved.
This isn't necessarily a bad thing. In fact if two or more alliances gang up on an alliance that is bigger than them then this is a good thing because it redistributes the roids downwards.

The trick is to cancel any agreement with an alliance that subsequently becomes too big for their boots.

Then you roid them to the ground
Unread 15 Aug 2005, 00:03   #135
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Considering what Sid has said has been shown to be the truth - it's rather funny you're even bothering to debate it again.

Fact is, all you've got is an attempt to try and say this was all 'planned' by Sid - which if so, then Sid is the grand master of all Planetarion Politics and every alliance is a puppet on his strings. Watch the LCH dance to his tune! Watch the rats follow to the tune of his pipe!

Sid - the pied piper of PA!

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2005, 04:55   #136
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about

It goes without saying though that Sid's "truth" is sometimes from a certain point of view. That is to say, Sid, nor anyone else who represents an alliance, is entirely immune to speaking in partial-truths.

At least he doesn't lie!
Unread 15 Aug 2005, 08:45   #137
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

ITT we wait for Steinmetz to provide information about the whereabouts of the truth
Unread 15 Aug 2005, 09:05   #138
Kattepis
De aroma komt je tegemoet

Kattepis is infamous around these parts

/me slaps Mek and Jonas
Kattepis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2005, 15:06   #139
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Theres absolutely nothing wrong with 1up hitting Insomnia, infact it was a good move by them. We didint hit 1up and expected to get away with it.
Turns out LCH and Hydra were the ones gaining on it tho... LCH hitting 1up and Hydra hitting Insomnia and 1up, both 1up and Insomnia were left with alot of incommings...

As for TGV nap, I have been misunderstood

TGV was originally a bunch of 8-12 people leaving APA, and they asked Insomnia to take em in. We discussed it among HC, but set a limit to 10-12 people joining as a group. As the days went on, TGV ended up with about 30ish players, and found it best to try for themselves. They asked us for a nap and we found it natural to nap them, and as Insomnia doesnt really have much interest in the TGV roids anyway, we agreed to it. So, its our way of being nice to someone we almost took in to Insomnia. We know how hard it is to start a new allie Now stop the flame...

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2005, 18:41   #140
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

I dont think anyone doubts the nap, I believe its the reasons for it.

You try to sound as if you are being just nice people, when infact it suits you military wise. So just say the truth and cut the crap out
Unread 15 Aug 2005, 23:06   #141
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Quote:
I dont think anyone doubts the nap, I believe its the reasons for it.

You try to sound as if you are being just nice people, when infact it suits you military wise. So just say the truth and cut the crap out
Hypocrisy - or irony? Both come close - at its best; a 1Up member questioning other people's reasons.

There's a NAP, that's all you need to know.

— Scorpio
Unread 16 Aug 2005, 00:44   #142
ironhell
Gifted

ironhell is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

There's a NAP, that's all you need to know.
Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions > Insomnia Political Announcement

What part of that dont you understand?

Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
There was only one galaxy we couldn't seem to break (lo ironhell)
r3 11:14
r4 130:12
r5 25:20
r6 39:9
ironhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2005, 00:45   #143
Forest

It was him that tried to justify it, not me
Unread 16 Aug 2005, 00:52   #144
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
ITT we wait for Steinmetz to provide information about the whereabouts of the truth
the truth is an illusion

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2005, 01:17   #145
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

I don't think the NAP has too much tactical advantage for Insomnia as things stand now. TGV's average score is growing quite nicely atm but they still only have 33 members, can't do much with that.

If they were to recruit a couple dozen more planets then things would be different.
Unread 16 Aug 2005, 06:49   #146
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
I don't think the NAP has too much tactical advantage for Insomnia as things stand now. TGV's average score is growing quite nicely atm but they still only have 33 members, can't do much with that.

If they were to recruit a couple dozen more planets then things would be different.
What if 1up theoretical NAPs with Veneratio or VGN? Would that be 'being nice' rather than 'tactical advantage'?

ANY NAP is a tactical advantage regardless of how it is portrayed - otherwise there simply isn't a point in the NAP at all.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 16 Aug 2005, 06:55   #147
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
What if 1up theoretical NAPs with Veneratio or VGN? Would that be 'being nice' rather than 'tactical advantage'?

ANY NAP is a tactical advantage regardless of how it is portrayed - otherwise there simply isn't a point in the NAP at all.
Your so right zhil - and 33 members are fine if you attack in the same sort of direction - they seem to forget that the fuzzy line between the politically acceptable nap and the evil blocking word of ally has very litle differential these days.

Hows you zhilleh?
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2005, 07:00   #148
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
Your so right zhil - and 33 members are fine if you attack in the same sort of direction - they seem to forget that the fuzzy line between the politically acceptable nap and the evil blocking word of ally has very litle differential these days.

Hows you zhilleh?
No such thing as a "nice" NAP and you know it :P

But it's not an endgame NAP in the slightest nor am I actually debating it having been made. Simply debating the 'reasoning' for it because I'd rather do that than tidy my house at 6:30am.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 16 Aug 2005, 07:06   #149
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
No such thing as a "nice" NAP and you know it :P

But it's not an endgame NAP in the slightest nor am I actually debating it having been made. Simply debating the 'reasoning' for it because I'd rather do that than tidy my house at 6:30am.
Well i am biding my time before i go to B & Q and buy an electric fire, but for the purposes of this I am saying all naps - no matter how big or small have tactical advantages - as you say otherwise they would not be made. Though an alliance with 33 members are more likely to be a more potent attacking force support x or y alliance than as having any real beneift in avoiding 33 planets.

Also the remains that people seem to find it "politically" acceptable to say they have a nap, but naps have evolved from round 1/2 into something more representative of an alliance between alliances.

Shocking really that people these days don't seem to have the balls to be honest about there true relationships.
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2005, 09:03   #150
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironhell
Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions > Insomnia Political Announcement

What part of that dont you understand?
what part of "Insomnia Political Announcement" don't you understand?

— Scorpio