User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 Dec 2004, 18:02   #51
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: it might be a bad idea but...

The level of fun one can achieve in PA these days is rather concentrated. The reasoning obviously falls upon the lack of players which means Parallels/Clusters are just plain boring & quite pointless in-fact with no eta bonuses etc.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 16:42   #52
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
I remember we (Xanadu) had them in our arbiter for some reason, don't know what exactly the reason was, probably ties with Legion. Why am I telling this, hell I don't know, just for old time's sake.
Nod was a Legion BC at that time.
But just for show really, as most Legion functions were just for show.

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 17:45   #53
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Nod went totally inactive after 4 weeks. Kinda a pity, since his planet was top100 then.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 18:08   #54
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
PA lost a great deal after r4. There was an entire world underneath the main wars that round. I can remember at least 30 active people I knew who just quit when pay-to-play came in.
Out of the people I knew personally, the fact that round 4 was the most terrible round of PA ever with regard to the game rules was responsible for more 'good' players quitting than it being P2P. A lot never came back.

Round 3 being allowed to drag on for close to 6 months despite it being finished from a 'game' point of view was another reason why a significant number of people left.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 18:17   #55
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Round 4 was unbelievably ridiculously statswise. If you worked it out mathematically I'd say the best way to get a high rank didn't involve actually roiding anyone. In terms of politics it wasn't that bad (relatively speaking ). As far as people just quitting because r4 was shit I can recall 3 I knew (all of them had played since r1). I guess at that point most people who'd played the earlier rounds really weren't bothered expending their time in the same game, albeit with worse stats etc.
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 18:25   #56
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Round 4 was unbelievably ridiculously statswise. If you worked it out mathematically I'd say the best way to get a high rank didn't involve actually roiding anyone. In terms of politics it wasn't that bad (relatively speaking ). As far as people just quitting because r4 was shit I can recall 3 I knew (all of them had played since r1). I guess at that point most people who'd played the earlier rounds really weren't bothered expending their time in the same game, albeit with worse stats etc.
lol
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 18:27   #57
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

That link goes nowhere but is that you calling spinner a faggot perchance?
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 18:28   #58
Nodrog

Fixed and yeah. God, my "prose" USED to be _beyond_ terrible.
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 18:30   #59
JonnyBGood
Banned

I remember well (or well remember ). This is a good opportunity to point out that I learned how to write properly far quicker than you did considering you sounded like that four rounds into PA and I was already hyper-cool inside my first year.
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 18:32   #60
Nodrog

Yeah but apparently I was funny back then whereas you've always been a faggot.
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 18:37   #61
JonnyBGood
Banned

You were only considered funny because everyone had appallingly low standards. In the land of the blind the one-eyed man can sell his eye for a lot of money.
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 19:58   #62
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

christ, i remember some of the people in that thread!