User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 Nov 2004, 02:06   #201
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Best PA player through times?

My vote would go for Synthetic_Sid, Focht, gresnik and jerome' ahh throw parthos in as well (too many people) but all really great players in there own way
Unread 20 Nov 2004, 02:48   #202
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

so basicly a one round wonder then

I nominate Tis.

(As Sid is really obvious)
Unread 20 Nov 2004, 03:20   #203
yupster
Dawsons Creek r0x

yupster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
If hes that obvious, well.. It kinda says itself doesnt it?

[1up]

Round5 - 16:23
Round11 - 21:1
Round12 - 22:5
yupster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2004, 05:04   #204
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer
viPi, ex Xanadu.
Island of Honeybunnies (279:8:13) in round 4, stopped playing before the round came to an end tho (and was frienldy roided i believe).
he lead the round for a long time from the beginning until mid-round.
ahhh, okay I remember the planet name, never knew who it was though.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2004, 05:32   #205
velcrome
dnb+thc

velcrome is an unknown quantity at this point

in no particular order:
sid for being cautious everytime
fraggle for skill
yeh for offending about everyone and still doing good
velcrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2004, 12:48   #206
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

i lol-ed irl there, piggie. Clearly, since i`ve never even ended top10 once, im no contendor for the "best" or even one of the best. However, gresnik owns though. Like many others & as I said, no "One player" can really be stated to be the best tbfh:/
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2004, 14:18   #207
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

ah but jerome endin near top 10 isnt everything, its how you play the game, i still think last rnd and this rnd with your gals being so shit, your ranks have been good and consistent, as well as that your at school, not uni or what not, so stayin up all nite, is no longer as much an option, but you still manage to roid well and 0wn properly. Your understanding for the stats and game mechanics is good, not much else to say :P
Unread 20 Nov 2004, 14:29   #208
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

he was not paid to post that, i swear!

ps. i was being sarcastic about the top10 thing, i dont really judge a player based on his ranks, it`s one of the many things to compare players by though

Last edited by _ryzekiel_; 20 Nov 2004 at 14:36.
Unread 20 Nov 2004, 17:11   #209
Shoshuro

Shoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really nice

imo i wouldn't say someone with high ranks under his belt, but someone who is more of a team player aka defending alot his gal m8s, doing scans , reporting incs and in general focused in the performance of his gal/ally and not his personal final rank.
Unread 21 Nov 2004, 18:19   #210
kyrealean
Crimson Dragon

kyrealean is an unknown quantity at this point

personally my choice as the best PA player of all time is and cannot be just 1 player. there are far 2 many people that have played well over time, and in 1 or 2 rounds.

i know many players that are deserving of being called great. no 1 person stands truly above the rest in this case. if you didnt have the connections, the right alliance backing you, you did not win/survive a round. However most of them cheated their way to the top of the rankings and score, we all know this to be true and anyone that denies it is lying to themselves. so instead of the best player of all time, u guys should try the cleanest player of all time.

there are a few players that played this game clean, no farms, no scan planets, no multi accounts, just their planet and worked with their alliance, galaxy, cluster, parallel to achieve their goals.

the cleanest player of all time would be LLG followed closely by moridin. i know Frag was clean as well but i didnt know him personally so i cannot add him fully to this list.

LLG led Rd3 the first month before the "triad" took him and his galaxy down. He played Rd4 and led 267.2 in roids/score before suiciding on Cray in our parallel in the final weeks. He did this by knowing his stats like the back of his hand, perfectly formed attack fleets and strategies, never farmed, never cheated not 1 time, wouldnt even log into anothers account, a very VERY rare thing in PA.

our gal was in top 10 nearly all Rd4 till we did what we did by launching on Cray etc. you dont see galaxies hold to principals like we did anymore, in Kickthebaby, anyone that backstabbed us, or tried to cnut us felt the wrath.

I myself had played this game from Rd1 to Rd9.5 i have seen both sides of the arguement and i can tell you, if a person knows his politics, knows his stats, he can make Top 100 easily provided he can be arsed to keep his activity up.

i would never consider myself a truly great player, i was 1 of the best semi-active players you will ever know however. Rd3 i was in 13.12 an Aeternals galaxy within an Aeternals dominated cluster, i survived nightly raids by the triad for a period of 5-6 months, sleepless nights of defending inbound, 4-6 times a night from various Top 10-50 planets. how did i do it? pretty simple, i had cluster help, i had 3 or 4 "multi" planets from a friend at work that decided he didnt like PA and quit, giving me the logins to them so i used them for defense planets, i had logins to half my galaxy for defense purposes. 4 guys in my galaxy ran pretty much my entire galaxies fleets against the constant inbound. we lost roids, we regained roids. finished 40 mil with 1500 roids without getting any sleep. you can say you cheated your butt off to survive, but im here to tell you, thats what you had to do if you didnt have the connections, the alliance, and wanted to survive.

After Rd3 i realized that i was caring far 2 much about my planet than it was worth and i vowed never to do it again. I was lucky in the fact that during that round, i had friends within legion, within fury that helped me get into that great galaxy of Carpeia's that allowed me to join Fury in Rd4, helped me become the player that i became. i gave up the cheating ways after Rd3 and played clean ever since. I GC'ed a rd5 galaxy that finished 65th overall without really doing anything strong, due to having the right connections, i joined Germania's galaxy for Rd6 and found that i wasnt cut out to be part of a "super-serious" galaxy such as he was running so gave up my planet and quit for what i thought was forever. Empress talked me out of retirement for Rd7 and offered me a spot within 23.23 which turned out to be probably the best galaxy i have ever been a part of. i dont care what anyone says about this galaxy, that kileman may have had a scan planet, that we farmed, i am here to tell you that this galaxy attacked together every night, we defended Fury and Rah nightly, we controlled our cluster, we did all the right things to be Top 10 galaxy, we did NOT farm, we did not have multi planets or a farm galaxy like so many others did, it was the cleanest galaxy i have ever been a part of, save for my Rd5 gal which wasnt truly active enough to consider or even think of cheating lol. i finished 48th overall in Rd7, by attacking each night, by having Rah as my alliance, by being in the right situation for the time and by having a galaxy that didnt let me down ever.

so in the end, who is the best player ever? its whoever has the heart to give it his all for the cause or goal he had to begin with. there are a bunch of people deserving of this title and they know who they are.
Rd 4 267.2.10 D'tartagnan of DesertWinds_Fortress (Fury)
Rd 5 25.16.13 Xavier of Sanctified_Realm (Fury)
Rd 6 1.16 gave planet away (Fury)
Rd 7 23.23.13 Mikey of Goondocks (RaH)
Rd 8 C2 quit (RaH)
Rd 9 24.6.1 Prof_Xavier of School_for_Gifted_Youngsters (Eclipse)
Rd 9.5 9.8.3 Starbuck of Galactica (RaH)
kyrealean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2004, 06:43   #211
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough

singu
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 03:12   #212
JaJames
Your-Local-Dealer

JaJames can only hope to improve

Shayol Ghul....
<De-Syn> you got a problem with my being a cum guzzling fag?

<Pure|fs> clearly JJ being a gh3y wank ****e

i've been here since round 1.. ooo i feel old :/
JaJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 03:30   #213
JaJames
Your-Local-Dealer

JaJames can only hope to improve

actually im pretty sure Joker was the decent one in that round.. only came in 3rd though, think he was bashed by someone near the end.. So long ago now..
<De-Syn> you got a problem with my being a cum guzzling fag?

<Pure|fs> clearly JJ being a gh3y wank ****e

i've been here since round 1.. ooo i feel old :/
JaJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 11:32   #214
jerome

Joker/Geoff/siniSter and other 20odd names which I dont care to remember- whatever that some of you know him as, is a very cool guy, we shared many laughs about how the general community were deep into the line of thinking that he achieved his rank through pure fair play and not being in any big alliances. Which is true, I suppose, he was just in many not-so-big ones:). Definitely tactically astute, and sneaky;D, one of the better players for serious. But, hey, there is a LOT of players who have reached a certain level of understanding gameplay by now heh, I mean, even that cyphernewb isn`t TOO bad:/

PS Shayol Ghul was Moridin fyi, JaJames.
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 12:13   #215
BoredOfThis
Still Dreadnought

BoredOfThis is an unknown quantity at this point

Zhil.

Its not about the game, but the community.

and tbfh Zhil > *

(p.s. i own you all at the game)
BoredOfThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 12:28   #216
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
so basicly a one round wonder then

I nominate Tis.

If you're referring to vipi: not a 1 round wonder at all.
He did extremely well during round 2 and 3 as well. Both rounds top50. R2 he reached top50 but then had to stop due joining the army or civil services. R3 he reached top50 in Virus, before joining RB and getting deleted :s

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 16:57   #217
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

errm Mitre!! Always finishes very highly ranked when he plays properly .. and never gives up when hes on the losing side (hi all of you terrifically great players in vvomm that gave up after a few days in r9).
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 17:52   #218
MegaNova
m33p

MegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the rough

Mitre is an xlnt player
but he joined eclipse sometime in that round.
But he would be in my top3
But then again what do i know.
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 18:53   #219
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

Yeh I was in his galaxy that round .. he only crossed over once all the hard work of the round was done and dusted .. so doesnt belittle his amazing activity and defense-drawing skills up till then :\

Anyway Mitre isn't the best - but considering he hardly ever ever ever (if ever) used escorts or abused his hc/officer positions when he could quite easily have done .. puts him heads and shoulders above certain people like sliekas in my poor misguided opinion.
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 18:10   #220
Holylight
The Priest

Holylight is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Best PA player through times?

*sigh*

Happened to be passing by ...
This game and this community will never change ...

Best player :

Every single guy who tried hard to help his/hers alliance/battlegroup, worked his ass off by staying online countless nights, warding off attack upon attack, following orders without second thought, sacrificed a good target for the benefit of the chosens of an alliance and above all had the fun of his/her lifetime ffs!!!
And let's not forget the ppl who worked undercover as spies/moles or by doing all the dirty work (coordinating attacks/defence, politics, propaganda, pr, diplomacy).

All those ppl have the right to claim the title of 'Best Player' and not someone who was lucky or had the help of an entire alliance to climb at #1 (not to mention any form of cheating).

Just my 2 cents

Nice to see some old faces around those boards after all those years!

Holy

The Priest is back!

#tc #cell

Last edited by Holylight; 24 Nov 2004 at 19:11.
Holylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 23:30   #221
AmunRa
Ra

AmunRa is an unknown quantity at this point

Its hard to say who the absolute best is, but in my opinion it would be one of the following:
(Not neccesarily in terms of rankings etc).

Zhukov
Sid
Cataclaw
WipeOut

"Comedy" jerome` option because I <3 him and he is actually a pretty good player.

Anyone who voted for Game is an absolute moron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bu||seye
what about joker (r1)?
standing along against entire WaC on top seems quite impressive to me ...
Lol, you clearly know nothing I love how Joker fooled everyone into thinking this.
PAX: [NoS]
AmunRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 23:32   #222
jerome

ra wasnt/isnt a bad player for a little tit either;) quha <3
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 04:44   #223
pig
1up on you

thats 2 votes i count for you jerome
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 08:36   #224
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Ish or Sid, no question.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 09:40   #225
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Mitre
Schneckal

are players i think work best all round, very talented and devoted players.
Unread 5 Dec 2004, 15:40   #226
Henchman

Henchman is an unknown quantity at this point

Sid
jer
sliekas
Unread 5 Dec 2004, 16:38   #227
[i2k]Xy
Why so serious?

[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough

gresnik & jerome :\

4S

Illuminati
[i2k]Xy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2004, 16:43   #228
jerome

sarcasm is mean
Unread 5 Dec 2004, 17:29   #229
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt
errm Mitre!! Always finishes very highly ranked when he plays properly .. and never gives up when hes on the losing side (hi all of you terrifically great players in vvomm that gave up after a few days in r9).
i was bigger then mitre back thenDD

and tbh LOADS of people always end up high like him when they play properly... and else they just say they weren't playing properly...

p.s. all the idiot names and nub remarks in this thread are quite amusing...:S

all these socalled GREAT and superb players would have been nothing if they hadn't used an alliance for their own good all the time or picking the best targets for themselves etc etc etc...

holylight was the only person in this thread who actually had a point (for the part i could be arsed to read it)
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2004, 11:56   #230
Holyboy
pe0n

Holyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

most people have the ability to win given a decent alliance and time to play.

The people who do win tend to be those who 3 fleet most, defend least, or are pre-picking.

Not to belittle success ata ll but it does tend to be the case...

wb Holylight btw, very long time no see since you adopted me,

good players imho are those players who are fun to play with, fit in well in the community, and have the ability to win if given the chance. They have to be willing to give time to the game, both for the benefit of their own planet, and for gal/alliance friends.
[HomaX] Forever!
Holyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2004, 12:28   #231
Eol
The Subtle/Profound

Eol is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
all these socalled GREAT and superb players would have been nothing if they hadn't used an alliance for their own good all the time or picking the best targets for themselves etc etc etc...
Depends what you consider a great player. Players like OpusX and for instance Scouse and Hearts always did "well". OpusX perhaps moreso on the planet basis than Scouse, who again usually had a larger planet than Hearts. But all of them played for their alliances and gals, primarily. Their large planets were down to the amount of activity, even while they were taking worse targets than most and defending others more than most.
Unread 7 Dec 2004, 06:08   #232
Jurgen
The Đragon

Jurgen can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyboy
most people have the ability to win given a decent alliance and time to play.

The people who do win tend to be those who 3 fleet most, defend least, or are pre-picking.

Not to belittle success ata ll but it does tend to be the case...

wb Holylight btw, very long time no see since you adopted me,

good players imho are those players who are fun to play with, fit in well in the community, and have the ability to win if given the chance. They have to be willing to give time to the game, both for the benefit of their own planet, and for gal/alliance friends.
That's true m8, but if sliekas is playing in your alliance and not being lemmingrun over he will win you no matter how hard you try.

Sliekas is clearly the best.
No idea how he does it, but I've been in his gal and checking his attacks etc.
The Forsakenlands - The Đragon
Together we stand divided we fall.
--
Used to be a Wolf - When you once see a Wolf you are already surrounded.
Jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2004, 11:22   #233
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I still don't get the fact that there is some kind of debate in this thread with an answer to obvious.
Unread 7 Dec 2004, 12:04   #234
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

none of the "greats" you speak of here would be nothing without the hard work put in by the small guys offering defence to cover their asses..

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2004, 17:24   #235
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen
That's true m8, but if sliekas is playing in your alliance and not being lemmingrun over he will win you no matter how hard you try.

I have.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2004, 00:32   #236
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

but then again zhukov you have ideas about everything and 90% of the time they are ridiculous...

eol maybe so... but if you name people who do well all the time you can make a MUCH bigger list...

and holy... people who 3 fleet alot don't necesarrily get to top .... i know peeps that 2/3 fleet def quite a bit and still are in top 10... it's a silly excuse
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2004, 01:25   #237
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Quote:

I 'believe' he played last round for a certain alliance.... and didnt 'win them' anything except another embarassing deletion :/

lo btw jurgen, bring dragons back, we need both a good villian and some competent opposition :/
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2004, 01:27   #238
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Yeah, clearly Sliekas never won anything
Unread 8 Dec 2004, 01:36   #239
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis
I 'believe' he played last round for a certain alliance.... and didnt 'win them' anything except another embarassing deletion :/
I was more subtle
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2004, 01:57   #240
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Pretending that any of you or anyone you have mentioned is "good" at PA is rubbish.

To be "good" at the game requires little to no skill. It's about dodgy sleep patterns, spending ludicrous amounts of time looking at a webpage, a bit of luck, good contacts and some selfishness in some cases, to do well.

If all those qualities amount to being "good", then I'm fantastic at equally skillful activities such as sleeping, watching TV and taking a dump.
Unread 8 Dec 2004, 01:59   #241
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

This thread was not about what skills or sacrifies it takes to be 'good' at planetarion, but about who is good or the best at planetarion itself.
Unread 8 Dec 2004, 09:51   #242
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
To be "good" at the game requires little to no skill. It's about dodgy sleep patterns, spending ludicrous amounts of time looking at a webpage, a bit of luck, good contacts and some selfishness in some cases, to do well.
Lots of people did that, but only certain people scored highly consistently.

And besides, there are TV watching "contests". And people win those. As with PA the main quality you need is determination.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2004, 09:58   #243
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

That's what I ment to say.
Unread 8 Dec 2004, 10:27   #244
Glatze

Glatze is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
That's what I ment to say.
Lo dude
Unread 8 Dec 2004, 10:32   #245
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Heya Glatze, how is life?
Unread 8 Dec 2004, 10:34   #246
Glatze

Glatze is an unknown quantity at this point

Fine, working my ass off

Some old Planetarion friend bugged me last night on MSN and we chatted a bit. Had to bring my car to the repair, so I thought "what the hell, lets have a look here" (good thing they have Internet here)

How are you?
Unread 8 Dec 2004, 10:40   #247
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

I am fine, got a new girlfriend, actually I even have something that looks like a social life
Unread 8 Dec 2004, 11:04   #248
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road

You guys are lying and playing under falls nicks! I'm still addicted, and Glatze & SilverSmoke where the best players ever!
Unread 8 Dec 2004, 14:48   #249
newt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
i was bigger then mitre back thenDD

and tbh LOADS of people always end up high like him when they play properly... and else they just say they weren't playing properly...
Meh, in the 3 rounds he played seriously he's finishd 3rd and 7th? - both times with no escorts at all when everyone else was using shitloads (apart from you in r9.5 or so the rumours have it) - and 250th in r9 (****ing high). If I remember correctly, in r10 he also kept retalling evil people for fang or else he would hav finished even higher.

So just clear one thing up, there aren't LOADS of people like him.

grumble, when will you all learn, Mitre r0x!
Unread 8 Dec 2004, 15:54   #250
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:

Well, sliekas is tainted. He got closed in round 10.5 or r11.

Can´t remember which.

As has been stated previously, closed/deleted players will always carry the taint, if they always played clean.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote