User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 2 Jun 2004, 13:29   #1
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
What I don't get....

So Sid forms 1up, fun.

Then challenges you to 'go for it solo too', while all of you see that 1up has a fear ful playerbase, but also one hell of an organisation and a diplomatic corps to scare the shit out of you.

Yet you all want to fight them on your own?

Personally I'd say that the 'playerskill challenged' alliances should just gang up on 1up.

If you think 'yeah but we promised to go solo' you forget one thing, you want to win, not look good and then say 'well we could've never taken them on one on one'.

Just gangbang them, noone will blame you, except some 1up-dude crying 'yeah but it ain't fair, we went alone and so should you'. Upon which you can reply 'you went alone, your loss'.
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 13:30   #2
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: What I don't get....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion
So Sid forms 1up, fun.

Then challenges you to 'go for it solo too', while all of you see that 1up has a fear ful playerbase, but also one hell of an organisation and a diplomatic corps to scare the shit out of you.

Personally I'd say that the 'playerskill challenged' alliances should just gang up on 1up.

If you think 'yeah but we promised to go solo' you forget one thing, you want to win, not look good and then say 'well we could've never taken them on one on one'.

Just gangbang them, noone will blame you, except some 1up-dude crying 'yeah but it ain't fair, we went alone and so should you'. Upon which you can reply 'you went alone, your loss'.
Pissed about not getting in are we?

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 13:31   #3
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

noone cares what you think, Mistar Theam

But the point is,m 1up may have most playerskill from PAST rounds, pax is slightly different. The round will be interesting nevertheless . It would be sad if FAnG (as an example) block whilst they claim to be on par with 1up.

Remind me to get a planet to see whats going on btw, if i cba to play :\
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 13:32   #4
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
about 2 weeks ago I might have joined, and I told them that I would only play the shit game if I could be 1up, they declined, shame, but I am now not going to play, so no, I am not bitter.
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 13:33   #5
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

play to revenge then

btw, people should stop qouting the entire text if they are the first one to answere (not ment personally mate )

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 13:33   #6
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
I am not bitter.

You must be just a great impressionist then.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 13:49   #7
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So Sid forms 1up, fun.

FAnG is skilled, FAnG is not impressed by a bunch of celebs. FAnG respects them as a skilled and capable alliance. FAnG doesn't see the need to block just to beat 1up, we're confident we could do that on our own aswell if the situation asks for it.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 13:52   #8
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
FAnG is skilled, FAnG is not impressed by a bunch of celebs. FAnG respects them as a skilled and capable alliance. FAnG doesn't see the need to block just to beat 1up, we're confident we could do that on our own aswell if the situation asks for it.
I think I speak for all of the 1up team when I say that there are several alliance of a similar level in terms of ability and structure. I shan't name them all here but each and every alliance can pose a threat to all the other alliances if the right variables are in place. By no means to 1up think they will beat anyone hands down. If we were to beat <insert alliance here> then it would be via a significant military effort and no doubt both sides would incur losses.

Quote:
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 13:52   #9
hinchles

hinchles is an unknown quantity at this point

"what i dont get ..."
is laid?

still amion after all these years you should have at least managed that
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 14:46   #10
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Theam, don't be a numpty.

You've made yourself look silly here, as it shows you don't know anything about 1up. We have "one hell of an organisation" do we? Then why haven't even the HC been decided, let alone the officers? The only thing we're sure about is the members in the alliance.
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 14:53   #11
Filth
Filtheh

Filth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
So Sid forms 1up, fun.

a) we havent seen them play yet - therefore you cant see why their organisation etc is better than any of the other top alliances
b) i prefer to have a fun round than to win and have a stagnant one - i.e actually work for victory
c) im sure you would come here complaining about the unfairness of everyone ganging up on you

in conclusion: shush
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 14:58   #12
TheACE
Heroes For Life

TheACE can only hope to improve

maby an idea to gangbang them in the corner :P

or we can just let them rape us, that can also be fun, right?

R 4 n00bie [ACID]
R 5 [+] Crusader / [BD] Member - [DUH] Triad with [HR] & [UV]
R 6 [BD] Member - [HyB] Alliance with [HR] / [Pack] Wolves - [FoS] Fusion of Seven
R 7 [WP] Member/Officer - [NewX] Alliances of [NoS], [Ely] and [Xan]
R 8 [WP] Officer - Alliance with [Ely]
R 9 [WP] Officer - Alliance with [Ely]
R 9,5[WP] Officer
R 10 [WP] Officer / [Heroes] HC
R 10,5 [WP] Officer / [Heroes] HC
R 11 [1up] pe0n -> QUIT, back to RL
[Ð] Together we stand, Devided we Fall
TheACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 16:32   #13
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

you're very disturbed TheACE, and this post is worse than any of wassaa's posts Theamion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 17:04   #14
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureWrath
and this post is worse than any of wassaa's posts Theamion
why?
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 17:57   #15
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

Quote:
nah, I'll play p l a n e t i a

But this is not only to FAnG, I just wonder why you lot don't teambash them, or just secretly hit them from tick 73 till they are down and then you lot fight it out.
thing you must keep in mind....

if they loose one on one they can claim they played fair and 1on1, meaning not much disgrace.

but when those alliances DO block and loose, they'd look even more silly.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 18:16   #16
BoredOfThis
Still Dreadnought

BoredOfThis is an unknown quantity at this point

Theamion, would you like some cheese with that whine?
BoredOfThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 18:57   #17
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Heartless is just too sexy to resist.
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 18:58   #18
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Theam, don't be a numpty.

You've made yourself look silly here, as it shows you don't know anything about 1up. We have "one hell of an organisation" do we? Then why haven't even the HC been decided, let alone the officers? The only thing we're sure about is the members in the alliance.
Yeah, right.

In fairness, Theamion makes a valid point.

This 'no-block' proposal is 1up's shot at winning the round. They obviously believe in their ability, whilst trying to downplay it on the forums (see above).
Opposing alliances need not pussy foot around and let your enemies dictate affairs. Clearly, 1up are not attempting to make the round as close as possible, but aiming to win.
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 19:06   #19
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogster
Yeah, right.

In fairness, Theamion makes a valid point.

This 'no-block' proposal is 1up's shot at winning the round. They obviously believe in their ability, whilst trying to downplay it on the forums (see above).
Opposing alliances need not pussy foot around and let your enemies dictate affairs. Clearly, 1up are not attempting to make the round as close as possible, but aiming to win.
I think the "dilemma" we are facing is that 1up and FAnG are both inclined to go solo into the round and thus the other alliances do not have a lot of a different choice when it comes to PR stuff. I do think, however, that it is nothing morally wrong if others decide to block (even when they form blocks comparable to the size of FPM last round). As you point out every alliance is responsible for its own politics, and just beause 2 supposed-to-be-top alliances decide they want to start solo and decide politics mid-round for their own benefit they shouldn't necessarily give in to such things.
Every alliance should respect other alliances decisions and simply adapt to those, not try to dictate their decisions.
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 19:11   #20
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitros
play to revenge then
Playing to get even brings out the best/worst in you. It's fun

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 20:30   #21
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
lol, none ex-fury ppl even bothered to try?
I'm glad my home is warm and cozy and i never want to leave it.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 22:37   #22
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough

Theamion IS MY HERO
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 23:38   #23
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogster
Surely it'd be easier for 1up to just grab the better alliances such as FAnG (assuming FAnG would ally with them etc etc etc), and make a block to win?
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 01:22   #24
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

As I'm now simply a peon for Mistu, I have no say in their choice, but I'm going to be a bloody annoyance if they block at the start of the round to simply twat 1up.
If ANY alliance gains a significant lead, THEN the other alliances should attempt to kill them at that point, otherwise that's just stupid imo.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 02:19   #25
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking
Quiet a few, like 50% of our members most likely.
On the otherhand "ex fury" alot of ppl can claim and since fury disbanded in r8 they made quiet a journey since then. suprisingly many became "nos'ers" or "fang'ers".
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 02:40   #26
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point

I would do whatever is legal to push my alliance to the top.
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 08:05   #27
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Do us all a favour and stop wasting peoples bandwidth by posting utter rubbish on topics you know nothing about.

Quote:
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 08:22   #28
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Surely it'd be easier for 1up to just grab the better alliances such as FAnG (assuming FAnG would ally with them etc etc etc), and make a block to win?
The point of fact is never make the same mistake twce as you look silly.

If 1up was to block it would have to pick evenly, If not you would be seen as the evhul scourge of pa and teh return of fury

I do think your political maneuvering has ben fairly impressive thus, I just wait for the wolf to jump forth from that fluffy sheep your masquerading as ;p
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 08:24   #29
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis_WLF
I would do whatever is legal to push my alliance to the top.
Legal in a game sense or leal as in a law sense?

Also wouldyou turn a blind eye to those that WOULD do something of a nefarious nature?
Proud to be Independent
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 09:29   #30
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
I do think your political maneuvering has ben fairly impressive thus, I just wait for the wolf to jump forth from that fluffy sheep your masquerading as ;p
I love the way everyone is so distrusting of 1up. There is no ulterior motive!

We just want a fun round. Sid has won, he has made a name for himself. He didn't come back just to remind you all how top 'ard he is. He wants a fun round, as do the rest of us. Of course we'll be trying to win, but not by blocking and making it boring. If everyone is on equal ground, there'll be no more whiney posts on AD about the nasty big blockers, and about the lack of targets since everyone is so small...

We really are a fluffy cute sheep... but we can bite
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 10:19   #31
LB|away

LB|away is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I love the way everyone is so distrusting of 1up. There is no ulterior motive!

We just want a fun round. Sid has won, he has made a name for himself. He didn't come back just to remind you all how top 'ard he is. He wants a fun round, as do the rest of us. Of course we'll be trying to win, but not by blocking and making it boring. If everyone is on equal ground, there'll be no more whiney posts on AD about the nasty big blockers, and about the lack of targets since everyone is so small...

We really are a fluffy cute sheep... but we can bite

I hate sheep
LB|away is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 10:20   #32
Tomkat

Baaa
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 10:21   #33
LB|away

LB|away is an unknown quantity at this point

you are wolves hiding in sheep clothing
nuff said
LB|away is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 10:44   #34
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

i think i've fought fury enough back when i played viking....... and i didn't have too much trouble getting in, think it took about 6/7 lines in a pm. so yeah non fury people can get in easily.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 14:54   #35
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Do us all a favour and stop wasting peoples bandwidth by posting utter rubbish on topics you know nothing about.
but then i'd have nothing to post.....
ps: if you didnt see any kind of joke in my post, nor could see anything funny in it, then maybe, just maybe, you could try to cheer up.........

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 15:02   #36
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
but then i'd have nothing to post.....
ps: if you didnt see any kind of joke in my post, nor could see anything funny in it, then maybe, just maybe, you could try to cheer up.........
I guess the humour went over my head

Quote:
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 16:37   #37
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point

Legal within all rules and boundries of the game.
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 16:45   #38
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Its funny to see how many 1up rejects thats making anti 1up propaganda both on AD and on irc! Mucho funny indeed!
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 17:07   #39
TehVader
NewDawn pe0n

TehVader is an unknown quantity at this point

I have proof of blocking!

[17:31] <[Gook]Vader> LETS BLOCK!!!!!12
[17:31] <[Gook]Vader> k?
[17:31] <[Green]Hicks> kk
[17:31] <[Gook]Vader> yay
[17:31] <[Green]Hicks> 1up/ND for eva !!11

Let's all block and rape them I say.

Unread 3 Jun 2004, 18:08   #40
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

comedy of the week award goes to......

SOMEONE OTHER THAN VADER1!!11
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 22:57   #41
fbd

fbd will become famous soon enoughfbd will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
thing you must keep in mind....

if they loose one on one they can claim they played fair and 1on1, meaning not much disgrace.
So if 1up found themselves at the point of being out of the game, you'd continue to play 'fair' and not look at other options such as a 'block' (such an ineloquent and loose word) and take the wooden spoon for sportsmanship at the end of the round?
fbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 23:06   #42
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbd
So if 1up found themselves at the point of being out of the game, you'd continue to play 'fair' and not look at other options such as a 'block' (such an ineloquent and loose word) and take the wooden spoon for sportsmanship at the end of the round?
If we're at the point of "being out of the game" then no amount of blocking is going to get us any sort of meaningful win. I'd rather lose than be runners up as someone else's lapdogs.
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 23:43   #43
fbd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
If we're at the point of "being out of the game" then no amount of blocking is going to get us any sort of meaningful win. I'd rather lose than be runners up as someone else's lapdogs.
Change the situation then. What if your alliance is at the point where the chance of 'being out of the game' is on the horizon and probably inevitable? If you could chop and change allies for a couple of weeks, forming and dissolving blocks without causing stagnation (ie not picking on the smallest first but going for a fairly decent war) then would you do it? Or would you let the victory by political and military means slip away because of sticking to your original proposal?
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 01:04   #44
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbd
Change the situation then. What if your alliance is at the point where the chance of 'being out of the game' is on the horizon and probably inevitable? If you could chop and change allies for a couple of weeks, forming and dissolving blocks without causing stagnation (ie not picking on the smallest first but going for a fairly decent war) then would you do it? Or would you let the victory by political and military means slip away because of sticking to your original proposal?
If my original proposal is accepted, then what yo usuggest wouldn't be a viable proposition to even consider - as the moment we blocked we'd get our asses handed to us by all the other alliances who'd agreed to the proposal (which would obviously include the ones who were above us in the rankings). With such a proposal in place, the top alliances are not going to allow those below them to try to gain a win by blocking. But equally the #2 alliance can target the #1 alliance to try to get 1st spot - knowing that if they don't, the #1 allaince can target them with little fear of being blocked against. And that allows those further down the alliance rankings to try to grab relatively cheap roids from wherever in an attempt to catch up.

A lack of blocks, coupled with the easier roiding in R11 (which having 5 roid classes basically guarantees) should lead to much more fluid alliance rankings. Best score gain is gained from roiding the largest targets - which will tend to belong to the leading alliance(s). If alliances attacked purely based on what targets offered the best chance of gaining score, that alone would guarantee that leading alliances got more than their fair share of inbound - without any agreements or cooperations needing to exist.

Good to see you back on the boards fbd: shame you brought your cynicism and pessimism back with you
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 03:09   #45
Nofutcha
Airvatar

Nofutcha will become famous soon enoughNofutcha will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Good to see you back on the boards fbd: shame you brought your cynicism and pessimism back with you
heh.

#phnx
Nofutcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 10:10   #46
fbd

Quote:
With such a proposal in place, the top alliances are not going to allow those below them to try to gain a win by blocking. But equally the #2 alliance can target the #1 alliance to try to get 1st spot - knowing that if they don't, the #1 allaince can target them with little fear of being blocked against. And that allows those further down the alliance rankings to try to grab relatively cheap roids from wherever in an attempt to catch up.

A lack of blocks, coupled with the easier roiding in R11 (which having 5 roid classes basically guarantees) should lead to much more fluid alliance rankings. Best score gain is gained from roiding the largest targets - which will tend to belong to the leading alliance(s). If alliances attacked purely based on what targets offered the best chance of gaining score, that alone would guarantee that leading alliances got more than their fair share of inbound - without any agreements or cooperations needing to exist.

But surely as soon as one alliance gains a dominant lead, or as soon as others start falling behind then they'd seek co-operation with other alliances? What about if say a FAnG BC 'accidently' dropped the co-ords of a few 1up players into the hands of ND and slipped out with who they were hitting tonight, would that be blocking? It's unofficial co-operation but its involving more than one alliance and prompting co-ordination between the two. This whole argument is unnecessary however, as nice as the proposal may be in theory, it doesn't matter because it won't be stuck to. I can see the points that you're making but you aren't taking into account human feelings, sure your members might play for fun but for others winning is more important than anything (look at the extent of farming and cheating in PAs history, people want to win, not play 'fair').

Pessimistic, but i'm still lovely
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 10:42   #47
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbd
But surely as soon as one alliance gains a dominant lead, or as soon as others start falling behind then they'd seek co-operation with other alliances? What about if say a FAnG BC 'accidently' dropped the co-ords of a few 1up players into the hands of ND and slipped out with who they were hitting tonight, would that be blocking? It's unofficial co-operation but its involving more than one alliance and prompting co-ordination between the two. This whole argument is unnecessary however, as nice as the proposal may be in theory, it doesn't matter because it won't be stuck to. I can see the points that you're making but you aren't taking into account human feelings, sure your members might play for fun but for others winning is more important than anything (look at the extent of farming and cheating in PAs history, people want to win, not play 'fair').

Pessimistic, but i'm still lovely
Its a argument I put forward as part f the fact that I felt that if any agreement like this was to be made it had to be agreed and supported by the ENTIRE community with eveything from the initial agreement, definitions and how the acting against a block would work.

Unfortunatey I agree with yur statement and als that is a PR exercise. Shame it has little substance really.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 10:44   #48
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
Its a argument I put forward as part f the fact that I felt that if any agreement like this was to be made it had to be agreed and supported by the ENTIRE community with eveything from the initial agreement, definitions and how the acting against a block would work.

Unfortunatey I agree with yur statement and als that is a PR exercise. Shame it has little substance really.
Maybe we just aren't the same hard line cynics, who still believe a decent round of PA is out there and maybe a few people would like one, as you.

Quote:
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 10:47   #49
fbd

Quote:
Maybe we just aren't the same hard line cynics, who still believe a decent round of PA is out there and maybe a few people would like one, as you.
I'm being realistic not idealistic
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 10:52   #50
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbd
I'm being realistic not idealistic
Then we must agree to differ

Quote: