User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 1 May 2004, 03:48   #51
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: By the way, Sid and Zhil ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrow|Pony
Then what the balls are you posting this for?

You get on zhil's case for making the reply you know he would make. You try to justify this thread as an actual alliance discussion, for an alliance that neither exists nor has any public plans to exist. Why? Why? Why?
Because it has plans to exist. Just not public ones (yet).
Unread 1 May 2004, 04:17   #52
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2004, 04:23   #53
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

Lenin also has plans for reviving the USSR.

(see? my post has as much meaning for the average user as yours, if not more, as yours wouldnt threaten the sanctity of democracy in the western world.)

If you have nothing to bring to the table, then stay out of the dining room! Check out my cool household analogies yo.
Unread 1 May 2004, 04:29   #54
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

And Cayl... you forgot Cayl

Sid and Zhil and Cayl..... wait why does Zhil get better billing than I do.

Sid and CAYL and Zhil... yes thats much better

Fear the Fury... Form your blocks, because its on. Well not just yet, but it will be on. Later.
Cayl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2004, 08:07   #55
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone who compares Fang to Fury is operating under levels of ignorance before never seen. After the three great alliances in history leave planetarion, you guys are winning a round. whoopty freakin dooo.

God, I liked fang alot in round 7. And I like and respect some of you alot, but there are a handful of you here making absolute asses of yourselves. Obvsiously alot of it is trolling, but its not even good trolling and it reaks of attention grabbing.

Fury is not returning to PA anytime in the near to eventual future. I am fairly certain that if they were I might have heard something about it. If Sid, Zhil, Cayl and anyone else who once devoted thier lives to this game has decided to return, good for them and good for planetarion. Players of that profile returning is a wonderful thing for PA and the fact that some are more worried about using it as PR than the fact that it could mean a reintrist of old players in PA is disgusting.

Meanwhile the names are all wrong. When sid left Fury Zhil had proven himself only as a recruitment head and Focht wasnt even an officer.

Sid and Cayl would be approaching news. Sid and Zhil really isnt.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2004, 10:53   #56
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB|away
haha
like they stand a chance

they life in the past with good memories
let them stay there
Maybe they live in the past, but the alliances of the present have not improved since that past.

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2004, 13:54   #57
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Riddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB|away
we do rule the forums and the irc

the game
is not yet decided

thnx

and barrow hush it
U rule forums are irc? lol
Every fang post seems more stupid then the previous one. I sometimes wonder how it's possible that u keep amazing us everytime. Your irc channel is as dead as a doornail. It's normal a lot of peeps are in it when you are ranked nr1 but the sh33r fun u guys are having there is amazing.
[18:00] *** Myrdhin has quit IRC (u can't understand women if u never wore a bra !!)

Last edited by Riddim; 1 May 2004 at 14:30.
Riddim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2004, 16:10   #58
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
It starts with A and ends with us.

Don't they make motherboards?

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2004, 16:22   #59
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

As Rampage is reading this boards, I know that Legion is coming back

And Forest is reviving Reborn.

Some inteligent FAnG dude have explained that Fury is coming back.

THE TRIAD IS BACK!!! ph33r!!!
Where is the Army of blood when you need em?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2004, 16:28   #60
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't think Fury would "own" as such if they suddenly made a big comeback.

They had their glory days. They'll be remembered for them. But to come back now, to an essentially "new" game, I doubt it would work. They'd fail on a round or two, perhaps secure a top 5 space, then fade back into oblivion after numerous posts on AD proclaiming how amazing they were.
Unread 1 May 2004, 16:38   #61
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Tomkat you must realise its heartless speaking here.
I doubt very much "fury" would come back.

Regardless i think youre pretty much on the wrong lane if you claim this new game is so difficult nowadays that "old" players have no chance to do well.
Unless you ofc try to say "Well since we can still try to outblock them" i doubt you have much background to compare an alliance of old days with those pitys of 69 members of today.
And unless you want to go into a "my epenis is bigger then yours" comparison about the ingame achievements of certain ex fury players i would ask you politely to better step back from making assumptions about their qualities on winning or losing rounds, if they could be motivated to come back.
I for one think a small quality alliance can do pretty well in this "new" environment unless beeing utterly outblocked by the enemy. Latest examples would be, ehm mistu ? :P or do you want to taint your own greatness by admitting you only achieved it down to the blocking ?

P.S. Tomkat i think you fell for heartless wild dreams.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2004, 17:36   #62
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Heh, I didn't :P
I didn't think Fury were coming back.

I was speaking hypothetically. If Fury came back with exactly the same players and exactly the same commitment from each as in (say) round 7, then yes, they'd probably "pwn r0x0r etc". But at this moment in time, they're more of a memory and a "legend" than any real entity.

I use apostrophes too much.
Unread 1 May 2004, 22:26   #63
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

tbh, no alliance will match the superiority of Fury in its old days. I'm not gonna try to debate it or compare it cause I know it's not gonna happen.

Nonetheless do I believe Fury can even commit itself that much to it to be even a slight image of their former glory. So whatever my m8 heartless claims, Fury returning wouldn't really be good for them, nonetheless maybe good for the rest

About MISTU, I do think they are probably one of the best alliances this round and in my opinion the best ally FAnG has ever had. Though ToT r7/8 comes close aswell ofc

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2004, 23:24   #64
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
FAnG win 1 round and they think the rule the whole game, including forums and irc
a .5 round
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2004, 23:39   #65
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran

About MISTU, I do think they are probably one of the best alliances this round and in my opinion the best ally FAnG has ever had. Though ToT r7/8 comes close aswell ofc

rgds Kj

Of course and we all know why you think that for Mistu

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2004, 23:42   #66
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
I don't really see the joke in this smart reply of yours, but I guess anything counts to be anti ...

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 1 May 2004, 23:42   #67
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

RB is idd coming back

and zhil, pm me please
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2004, 23:47   #68
Aaranaf
[=V=] Executive

Aaranaf is an unknown quantity at this point

both fury and fang can band together and hum my infected nuts...

wooooooo consicortum!
Former Eclipse Planetarion Military Officer
-Forever Lurking on the Darkside-

Round 10.5- 22:8:6 [ViruS]Playmates[Urwins] #1 Galaxy
========================
O' Canada!
Aaranaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2004, 00:59   #69
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

If they do come back I want them to have a different recruitment officer. Took Zhil 3 rounds to let me in last time - bastard :P

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 2 May 2004, 01:00   #70
TehVader
NewDawn pe0n

TehVader is an unknown quantity at this point

I second that mazz
Unread 2 May 2004, 01:01   #71
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehVader
I second that mazz
Different recuitment officer or Zhil being a bastard?

Quote:
Unread 2 May 2004, 01:27   #72
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

well, surely everyone seconds Zhil being a bastard?
Unread 2 May 2004, 02:01   #73
Heartless

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
Tomkat you must realise its heartless speaking here.
I doubt very much "fury" would come back.

Regardless i think youre pretty much on the wrong lane if you claim this new game is so difficult nowadays that "old" players have no chance to do well.
Unless you ofc try to say "Well since we can still try to outblock them" i doubt you have much background to compare an alliance of old days with those pitys of 69 members of today.
And unless you want to go into a "my epenis is bigger then yours" comparison about the ingame achievements of certain ex fury players i would ask you politely to better step back from making assumptions about their qualities on winning or losing rounds, if they could be motivated to come back.
I for one think a small quality alliance can do pretty well in this "new" environment unless beeing utterly outblocked by the enemy. Latest examples would be, ehm mistu ? :P or do you want to taint your own greatness by admitting you only achieved it down to the blocking ?

P.S. Tomkat i think you fell for heartless wild dreams.
Focht, you have to realize: as much as we dislike each other, about the current round you have by far no idea how things are looking like. It might take a radical-left-thinking brain like mine to conclude this thread from certain happenings, but still it is a possibility given the current game situation. And after all, I do not think a return of Fury would be bad. It would be great for the game. Just the return of Fury would attract a lot of old players again, and maybe some new ones.
Also, I am not someone claiming FAnG would be a state-of-the-art alliance like Fury was in its best days. Maybe just accept that times have changed and past is past.

About the outblocking: I repeat it was no intention to outblock anyone before this round, it was more or less 2 completely new alliances (Phraktos and MISTU) and a totally reorganized alliance (FAnG) forming a block to fight Eclipse (which still existed at the time this block was formed), Elysium and whoever was left (even ToT hadn't annoucned their departure by that time I think). It's just the same as always, only difference is that the not-liked side is winning this time.

I have no problem with that, I can live with that, and I even accept to take a hard spanking for it next round since it is in the mechanics of this kind of game: Either you make an uberblock every round to ensure your survival or the major alliance of the winning block will be bashed the follow-up round.
Unread 2 May 2004, 02:11   #74
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Focht, you have to realize: as much as we dislike each other, about the current round you have by far no idea how things are looking like. It might take a radical-left-thinking brain like mine to conclude this thread from certain happenings, but still it is a possibility given the current game situation. And after all, I do not think a return of Fury would be bad. It would be great for the game. Just the return of Fury would attract a lot of old players again, and maybe some new ones.
Also, I am not someone claiming FAnG would be a state-of-the-art alliance like Fury was in its best days. Maybe just accept that times have changed and past is past.

About the outblocking: I repeat it was no intention to outblock anyone before this round, it was more or less 2 completely new alliances (Phraktos and MISTU) and a totally reorganized alliance (FAnG) forming a block to fight Eclipse (which still existed at the time this block was formed), Elysium and whoever was left (even ToT hadn't annoucned their departure by that time I think). It's just the same as always, only difference is that the not-liked side is winning this time.

I have no problem with that, I can live with that, and I even accept to take a hard spanking for it next round since it is in the mechanics of this kind of game: Either you make an uberblock every round to ensure your survival or the major alliance of the winning block will be bashed the follow-up round.
good post heartless apart from the initial flaw that you assume i "dont know whats going on". Fairly well you dont know if i play and how far i talk to ppl i know throughout the pa community (not very hard in a 1-2k player universe).
I can just reassure you im far more informed then you claim, nice work last night on WP, too bad mistu and fang members were defending ingalaxy that big wp dude....
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 2 May 2004, 02:42   #75
Heartless

Quote:
good post heartless apart from the initial flaw that you assume i "dont know whats going on". Fairly well you dont know if i play and how far i talk to ppl i know throughout the pa community (not very hard in a 1-2k player universe).
I can just reassure you im far more informed then you claim, nice work last night on WP, too bad mistu and fang members were defending ingalaxy that big wp dude....
Given the commet about you in TomKat's "Which AD Poster are you?"-survey I think I have to agree you can be very well informed.
Unread 2 May 2004, 03:18   #76
Tomkat

Quote:
Because even though we are two-thirds the size of most other alliances, we're still ranked third?

Because I'm in it, and everyone loves me?

Quote:
Given the commet about you in TomKat's "Which AD Poster are you?"-survey I think I have to agree you can be very well informed.
He still hasn't taken heed of the "stop posting and get a life!" comment though
Although, saying that, neither have any of us :/
Unread 2 May 2004, 06:07   #77
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

If Fury came back it would be messy, but honestly I would come back to the game full force just to make sure that Fury would dominate the game and I think youd be surprised how many people would rally similarly. Regardless, Fury is not coming back. Fury is gone and no one is trying to revive it. It doesnt need me, zhil, or anyone to defend its past.

This thread is silly, case closed. Good luck to any ex Fury who play or will play planetarion.
Unread 2 May 2004, 08:43   #78
Heartless

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
[...] and I think youd be surprised how many people would rally similarly. [...]
I'd say a maximum of 100
Unread 2 May 2004, 10:58   #79
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Because it has plans to exist. Just not public ones (yet).
I'm still trying to guess what this might be. A new alliance perhaps?
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2004, 11:13   #80
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Sadly that happens when private galaxies value their own galaxy above their alliance.

FA Gaming community

Unread 2 May 2004, 11:54   #81
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Sadly that happens when private galaxies value their own galaxy above their alliance.
that says alot about the alliance ;p (couldnt resist)

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 2 May 2004, 12:57   #82
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legator
that says alot about the alliance ;p (couldnt resist)
it does not, nonetheless it's a sad thing when this happens

FA Gaming community

Unread 2 May 2004, 15:26   #83
Legator
Pr0nstar

Quote:

i hope that has consequences

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 2 May 2004, 15:31   #84
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Actually it does say something about the alliance: it says that the alliance doesn't demand/earn/deserve the degree of respect/loyalty required from its members for them to place the alliance's interests over those of their galaxy mates. This is by no means unique to FAng - and none of my comments hereafter are in any way directed at FAng specifically. From where I'm standing FAng appear no worse than most other current alliances in this respect - and better than a fair few.

I'd say that a number of factors are responsible for this:

1. Many players have jumped around various alliances - and hence no longer have the same sense of "belonging" to their current alliance. An alliance is seen as a 1-round commitment with the possibility to renew membership.
2. Cross-alliance battle-groups have divided the loyalties of players more: some players stay in the same battle-group longer than in alliances and so their primary loyalty lies with the BG.
3. Private galaxies play a big part in it. Players' galaxymates are frequently friends - not just strangers who happened to end up sharing the same first two coords.
4. Most current alliances have shown a tendency not to enforce rules they place on their members. They'll have a rule of "No attacking with 3 fleets" and tell members "Build a good defence fleet" - then not take action against members who break it. Once an alliance allows members to break one rule without any comeback, then they're more inclined to think they can break others.

Those factors apply pretty much to all alliances in the game today. There are a few others which apply more specifically to FAng:

5. Everyone knows Fang is desperate to finish #1 alliance - and will also have noticed how phraktos avg roid/score per member is growing faster. In this situation it's obvious to everyone that FAng is VERY unlikely to actually kick out big members just for breaking a few internal rules. This reinforces members' belief that they can flout FAngs rules and get away with a slap on the wrist.
6. Mistu planets in other galaxies have defended vs FAng without reprisal - so clearly it's perceived as no big deal by FAng HC.
7. Many big planets are totally bored - so in some cases they'll happily run the risk of being kicked out and roided - then dieing with a bang on the planet of some FAng HC for condemning them to a tedious second-half of the round. If they aren't having fun they don't feel particularly obliged to "betray" (i don't see it as betrayal myself) a friend so that some other Fang member gets about 5 minutes of fun after his roid count gos up.

So no Kjeldoran you're wrong: it DOES say something about the alliance - in fact it says a few things.

EDIT: I should add that these comments refer to the general issue of defending vs own alliance. I don't claim any apply to the specific incident referred to by Focht.
Unread 2 May 2004, 16:42   #85
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Nah, FAnG are not underdogs. I am very much aware of "what evil thing" FAnG only did to the universe this round. After all, we are only part of a block. But it's ok, we are the #1 and of course the #1 gets all the flaming.
Hmms. Do you ever read any posts?
ND just got flamed for deffing members..
Keep up the good work.. *cough*

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2004, 18:18   #86
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of

Ye are the biggest bunch of wastrels around who cares about...

This thread should be closed
Unread 3 May 2004, 00:56   #87
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadowMan
Ye are the biggest bunch of wastrels around who cares about...

This thread should be closed
Perhaps you shouldnt read threads you dont care about? I think propaganda rumor threads are fun.
Unread 3 May 2004, 01:02   #88
TAFKAJ
BEER!

TAFKAJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice can we flame Fury on the boards again then?
Unread 3 May 2004, 01:07   #89
Tomkat

Feel free. I doubt Fury will mind, being long gone and all :/
Unread 3 May 2004, 10:59   #90
mikay

mikay is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
It's better than all your FAnG one liner drivel that is plaguing these boards right now
Before a cup final, big game in any sport, big boxing match etc you get all fans the mouthing off, all the bullshit and speculation. When it comes down to the match all the talk and hype was irrelevant - and you wonder why people wasted their time talking such crap. AD is an utter hole for posting rubbish and I doub there's ever anything that could legitimately be called a discussion on here.

Seems to me LB is treating AD with the utter contempt it deserves and getting on with the business of rebuilding a powerful alliance from a crumbling mess.

<breeze|away> i agree about mang tho .. he is our mentor of perviness

R4: 48:25:13, 2E5 HC R5: n00b
R6: 3:10:1 Mangor, The Daddy
R7: 3:3:11 Retired
R8: c43 Finally free
PAX: 3:7:9 The Mentor of Perviness
mikay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2004, 12:06   #91
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikay
Before a cup final, big game in any sport, big boxing match etc you get all fans the mouthing off, all the bullshit and speculation. When it comes down to the match all the talk and hype was irrelevant - and you wonder why people wasted their time talking such crap. AD is an utter hole for posting rubbish and I doub there's ever anything that could legitimately be called a discussion on here.

Seems to me LB is treating AD with the utter contempt it deserves and getting on with the business of rebuilding a powerful alliance from a crumbling mess.
So well said milkay, now hurry up to the fangmobile, LB-man is already waiting on you to fight the evil.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 3 May 2004, 12:29   #92
Xeno
hirr

Xeno will become famous soon enoughXeno will become famous soon enough

Old news.

Xeno
Unread 3 May 2004, 15:04   #93
LEFF|pm
Lord of the Boards

LEFF|pm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
blubb
You think, we would have come to the conclusion to shut down our pa.section last round while still being on #1 position if we were desperated to end as #1 alliance?
We were pissed about the continuing closings and reopenings of our planets. For weeks almost all our top 50 players were closed, and reopend weeks after that without any compensation for the wasted time. Our step for sure was way too emotional and wrong with hindsight, but testified our philosophy...

This is a game, we try to give our best, but we dont take it upon ourselves to still play it although we are not pleased with it. Many gamers fail to bear in mind that the only right to exist for any game is to let players enjoy it. At the very second you dont enjoy a game any longer, LEAVE IT!
If FAnG was ever desperated or distressed, we would have given up playing together like Fury did.
LEFF|pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2004, 20:25   #94
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Why thank you, I aim to please the almighty new rulers of PA, IRC and AD.

You have great psychic powers.
But you never aimed to please me
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2004, 20:32   #95
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFF|pm
If FAnG was ever desperated or distressed, we would have given up playing together like Fury did.
Since when is retiring an act of desperation?
Unread 3 May 2004, 20:46   #96
BoredOfThis
Still Dreadnought

BoredOfThis is an unknown quantity at this point

can i join?
BoredOfThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2004, 22:10   #97
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredOfThis
can i join?
No
Unread 4 May 2004, 09:10   #98
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
Actually it does say something about the alliance: it says that the alliance doesn't demand/earn/deserve the degree of respect/loyalty required from its members for them to place the alliance's interests over those of their galaxy mates. This is by no means unique to FAng - and none of my comments hereafter are in any way directed at FAng specifically. From where I'm standing FAng appear no worse than most other current alliances in this respect - and better than a fair few.

I'd say that a number of factors are responsible for this:

1. Many players have jumped around various alliances - and hence no longer have the same sense of "belonging" to their current alliance. An alliance is seen as a 1-round commitment with the possibility to renew membership.
2. Cross-alliance battle-groups have divided the loyalties of players more: some players stay in the same battle-group longer than in alliances and so their primary loyalty lies with the BG.
3. Private galaxies play a big part in it. Players' galaxymates are frequently friends - not just strangers who happened to end up sharing the same first two coords.
4. Most current alliances have shown a tendency not to enforce rules they place on their members. They'll have a rule of "No attacking with 3 fleets" and tell members "Build a good defence fleet" - then not take action against members who break it. Once an alliance allows members to break one rule without any comeback, then they're more inclined to think they can break others.

Those factors apply pretty much to all alliances in the game today. There are a few others which apply more specifically to FAng:

5. Everyone knows Fang is desperate to finish #1 alliance - and will also have noticed how phraktos avg roid/score per member is growing faster. In this situation it's obvious to everyone that FAng is VERY unlikely to actually kick out big members just for breaking a few internal rules. This reinforces members' belief that they can flout FAngs rules and get away with a slap on the wrist.
6. Mistu planets in other galaxies have defended vs FAng without reprisal - so clearly it's perceived as no big deal by FAng HC.
7. Many big planets are totally bored - so in some cases they'll happily run the risk of being kicked out and roided - then dieing with a bang on the planet of some FAng HC for condemning them to a tedious second-half of the round. If they aren't having fun they don't feel particularly obliged to "betray" (i don't see it as betrayal myself) a friend so that some other Fang member gets about 5 minutes of fun after his roid count gos up.

So no Kjeldoran you're wrong: it DOES say something about the alliance - in fact it says a few things.

EDIT: I should add that these comments refer to the general issue of defending vs own alliance. I don't claim any apply to the specific incident referred to by Focht.
SOme of this is true, but some is absed on your view and very little based on internal alliance procedure.

I wont go into the ins and out but FAnG does indeed take its policies seriously as they have since thereinception in round 7. I don't se any other alliance dropping members and roiding them do you?

Some of your views are true in relation to some other alliances I am sure, and I know you pointed out these views were general (while relating many to FAnG itself).

I guess your pinion is valid if you wish to post it, however your accuracy is very much dependent on understanding how we as hc deal with thinsg and clearly you dont have that knowledge.

However your view that many players have become serial alliance changers is very true and is only true because the locking position legion and fury in previous rounds no longer exists. As such your view is very biased exostentially based on your game experience of previous rounds.

We are extremely desperate to reach number 1 alliance after several rounds of near misses - however we will not tolerate rule abuse forour core for next round for betterment f our position this round.

This round was always about rebuilding and ensuring FAnG was stabilised. I have ben shocked by our performance so far, but you cannot expect us to weaken our own position for the war everyone wants just so the other alliances can have a bit of fun. We never limited the game mechanics which is inhibiting the chances of war.
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2004, 09:11   #99
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
Since when is retiring an act of desperation?
retiring is a sign of a lack of commitment or structure or both - some form of distress or desperation must be present to result in disbanding.
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2004, 09:29   #100
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
retiring is a sign of a lack of commitment or structure or both - some form of distress or desperation must be present to result in disbanding.
or maybe boredom.... or the ability to recognize a shite game when one sees one?
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote