User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 1 May 2004, 06:23   #51
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold
Re: IPA and Concordium

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
Neferti, most of the people who have posted here about IPC have been playing since the first 3 rounds or so at least.
and this is relevant to my point how?
Unread 1 May 2004, 10:45   #52
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB|away
wow old alliance talking

I got kick from virus in rnd 3
for not tagging virus or something

those days rawked
Could be true yes. We gave an order to tag up, to see who were active and paying attention etc. No tag -> kick.
We had alot of inactives kicked at that time. Even players who joined 2 days before. At that stage I decided to leave ViruS (unhappy with how things were handled) and joined NewDawn.

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2004, 13:47   #53
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neferti
and this is relevant to my point how?
Alot of the people posting have been exposed to IPC since thier inception or through a majority of thier existance. You claimed that people were judging them on just a couple or rounds.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2004, 19:03   #54
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
Alot of the people posting have been exposed to IPC since thier inception or through a majority of thier existance. You claimed that people were judging them on just a couple or rounds.
they are

i) a lot of the posts say 'i was IPC in round 1/2/3 and they sucked'
ii) the IPC described is very different to the one i was a member of in rounds 6-10
Unread 1 May 2004, 19:42   #55
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio
Afaik SK was the only one to disband, some of their members joining ND etc. ND did not disband. They simply were beaten down sofar that they were struggling to find ways to get back on their feet.
UXF never really disbanded either, most certainly not as a consequence of the war. We reorganized after reaching 500 members (ie. kicking out a few hundred players). Changing names to ViruS. This was actually in preparation of round 3.
ND did disband for a period after the failed co-op war with WaC until r3. I can hunt down threads from ND whom confirm this if you want.

As for UXF's dissapearance being preperation for r3 and totally planned, seems a little far fetched tbh, it wasnt like these events happened with just a few weeks left, they happened at roughly the half way point of the round and it was at this exact point that UXF basically dissaparead from PA officially. And ive never claimed otherwise that Virus isnt an offshoot of UXF, ive stated in other threads on the subject that UXF disbanded and a select group of them reappeared as the core of virus in r3. I mean at the time of Virus's formation they themselves made sure that everyone knew that while the core might have been UXF they were a new alliance with people from all over the PA Universe.
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2004, 19:59   #56
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neferti
they are

i) a lot of the posts say 'i was IPC in round 1/2/3 and they sucked'
ii) the IPC described is very different to the one i was a member of in rounds 6-10
I would personally say its simply down to the type of alliance they are/were. Alliances like IPC and F-crew due to their nature seem significantly worse than they are. There whole basis is to train people up and to give the small players a chance and that just gives the impression to many on the outside that they are low quality badly run ect ect. They just dont understand what goes into running such an alliance and as such dont show the the respect they are entitled. The acheivements of these alliances even if they seem tiny compared to what the the likes of Fury/Legion ect acheived are in fact just as important and those running these alliances are in their own ways just as skillful and deserve just as much respect as say Sid.
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2004, 21:54   #57
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
ND did disband for a period after the failed co-op war with WaC until r3. I can hunt down threads from ND whom confirm this if you want.

As for UXF's dissapearance being preperation for r3 and totally planned, seems a little far fetched tbh, it wasnt like these events happened with just a few weeks left, they happened at roughly the half way point of the round and it was at this exact point that UXF basically dissaparead from PA officially. And ive never claimed otherwise that Virus isnt an offshoot of UXF, ive stated in other threads on the subject that UXF disbanded and a select group of them reappeared as the core of virus in r3. I mean at the time of Virus's formation they themselves made sure that everyone knew that while the core might have been UXF they were a new alliance with people from all over the PA Universe.
No offense, but when it comes to Xanadu, I think I know quite a bit more about its history than you do. Maybe you've missed it, but ViruS was around during late round 2. Until that time we were known as UXF.

Little history:
Xanadu started playing in round 1. For round 2 we merged with FWA (Grim's old alliance) and some of DPA, the name we went by was Xanadu Foundation Alliance. After a while (halfway through the round) we merged with TheRand's UFP (United Federation of Planets) to become known as United Xanadu Federation (UXF). Before this merger XFA had already reached a massive amount of members. We used this merger as a test of activity as well and kicked out those who weren't changing tags.
UXF became pretty much identical to Tuba that round, large and incapable, only good for defense. We didn't even fight in the war against WaC. The first night of the war we found out that we were incapable of doing organized attacks. So we didn't really participate. (I had a top ND in my gal (Oxen_Morale), so I got a little involved nonetheless.)
We kept on recruiting, upto a point where we decided we had enough active members to be left with a capable alliance, once the inactives were kicked out. As we did in the past, changing the name was part of distantiating us from former inactive members. We kept the same HC and same structure (HC + squads).
This all happened approx. 1 month before the end of the round. We also made some deals with a few alliances. I believe we started r3 off with a NAP with Tuba (TNG).

So much for the UXF

As for NewDawn...
I already mentioned I had a top ND player in my galaxy (I was GC). I had 3 ND's in total in my galaxy: Oxen_Morale, Tigger and Salt. I very much wonder why you say ND disbanded when they kept attacking and defending with and for the rest of ND.

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2004, 02:35   #58
Neferti
part time ghost

Scorpio your history of Xanadu ties with what i know of their earlier days i remember UXF, was the first time i'd come across Xanadu; i knew Grim from round 1.
Unread 4 May 2004, 18:06   #59
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

The thought of comparing Keystroke to Sid made me laugh.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2004, 20:16   #60
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Riddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio

As for NewDawn...
I already mentioned I had a top ND player in my galaxy (I was GC). I had 3 ND's in total in my galaxy: Oxen_Morale, Tigger and Salt. I very much wonder why you say ND disbanded when they kept attacking and defending with and for the rest of ND.
As did a lot of members, there just wasn't a command, carrying out organised attacks and defence, anymore. They were still around, chatting (and plotting). Hence, the community never died.
#newdawn still was one of the main channels on planetarion irc, even between the end of the wac war round2 and the start of round3.
So Wakey, please try controlling your fetish about ND 'not being the original ND cause it disbanded' because I'm getting tired of having to say the same stuff over and over again. =)
What's the point?
We're here , stronger then ever
[18:00] *** Myrdhin has quit IRC (u can't understand women if u never wore a bra !!)

Last edited by Riddim; 4 May 2004 at 22:24.
Riddim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 17:20   #61
Rand

As an update IPC now stands for Interplanetary Pirates Corps.
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 20:03   #62
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

I have only to say, that for those of us who actually played through rounds 1-3, wakey, you are a constant source of amusement. You and Sevrok need to get together and write an official history of planetarion for us.

I can't wait
Unread 5 Jun 2004, 13:46   #63
Slinky
SPESHAL

Slinky is an unknown quantity at this point

Having played as a total noob (about 4 weeks in to round 1 when I signed up), top level (supposedly) when in RB to mid level in the various other alliances I've been in. For organisation, skill and talent, I would honestly have to say, IPC tops them all. Laugh if you want (most likely will) but the alliance I have definately most enjoying being a member of was IPC (apart from UIS of course, we rocked!!).

True I missed out on the early rounds with IPC, I was very aware of their existance, from the quality original forums that were spammed with posts from them against the FFW (federation for war or something, god knows). But when I joined IPC, to be fair, the alliance was pretty poor, badly organised with no set proper structure, processes or anthing along those lines apart from a few things put in place. In a single round, we turned it around, started a recruitment wing (Cv), started having a proper defence rota and I believe only a couple of attacks we were aware of got through, throughout the latter half of the round. Were it not due to my political beliefs, I would probably still be with IPC now and probably still be playing PA also.

So when people call IPC a poor alliance, I can't say whether it was true or not for the early rounds (although I certainly didn't care if I attacked them or not, I wasn't 'scared' of them) but during my time with IPC, we were a top notch quality alliance that had quite a lot of muscle (albeit small planets but muscle nevertheless). So ppl generalising and call IPC rubbish, poor, crap etc I find quite offending.

On the subject of history R3 Reborn \o/. U know we rocked.

'top finishing non fury/legion galaxy round 3 thank you Rb'
Round 4 - UiS member, The Return member, Elysium member
Round 5 - Didn't play
Round 6 - UiS member, IPC BC / Cv HC
Round 7 - UiS member, IPC BC / Cv HC
Round 8 - GC | IPC BC
Round 9 - GC | Eden Group Planetarion Leader
Round 9.5 - MOW | Rock member
Round * Quit
Slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2004, 15:01   #64
kyrealean
Crimson Dragon

kyrealean is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey

ND and disbandment was more a play to try and get all the WaC off their planets for a while as i remember. they detagged and laid low for the remainder of that round, at least till WaC split apart and such.

Fury vs TE, WaC vs the coalition were the first 2 actual wars of Rd2 after the first half was a conglomerate of naps and stagnation.

the first thing i remember about Fury was when they took in many of the 8th members after 8th were hit hard in the early part of rd2, angelicus was 1 of them that moved to Fury. I watched some of the Fury/TE war thru the eyes of my cousin and brother who were both TE members at that time. TE's organization was exposed and subverted, organized defense fell apart after the first night and their wings were left to fend for themselves for the most part. Ultra wing ended up reorganizing into Ultraviolence later on and i think TSU also was formed from the demise of TE.

as far as F-crew goes.... i remember you guys being the last of the coalition that were on the targets available after nd detagged etc. believe the old topic was F-crew tagged planets are open for raids etc. ofc i probably hit many a fake tagger but for a solid 2 weeks i raided f-crew tagged planets for many roids and ships.

at 1 point in WaC jr's exsistence, this being about 2 weeks before the disbandment of WaC. they were hitting 5 solid galaxies a night, yes 5 attack rooms, 5 25 player galaxies being hit and all launching around 23.55 and up and everyone was growing fast due to ship stealing etc. But the command was not that great,their were far 2 many people involved and as i remember when the shite hit the fan after the disbandment and legion had split off taking most of the cream of WaC's members..... the jr's were pretty much left to fend for themselves. their command of XmanX and blerghass and a few others tried to reorganize them into Sedition but once the intimidation set in the first night of raids on them, they fell apart quite fast. i remember XmanX sending out defense then going into vacation, which got his entire fleet of 200 mil score or so destroyed and havent seen him since. blerg also disappeared around that time and sedition was pretty much doomed after that. Scorpy was 1 of the guys that sticks out predominantly in my mind as he was pretty large when that war first opened, thru incluster raids and such they took his planet down to nothing in a span of 2 nights

Sed did reorganize for round 3 as i remember but by that time i was with the XXV people which formed AE for that round.

XXV did their best to defend their members during all the strife and change of Rd2, Egor, one of BT's top planets of the time was getting constant inbound from legion/fury members during the late parts of Rd2, and he didnt succumb for a long time mainly due to XXV defense. 1 particular battle was when PopK and a couple of top 5 came for him and XXV dealt a serious blow to the attacking fleets which pulled after 1 or 2 ticks as i remember. only serious losses dealt to XXV from that defense was 1 guy that arrived 1 tick 2 early and lost 150 mil worth of fleet.

my recount ofc probably has alot of holes in it, but it will always be fond memories of 25.3, XXV, warbat's wing room on midgardsormen.net. Rudie and Saytan, rook, dessenter, Barney, ^o^,and others.
Rd 4 267.2.10 D'tartagnan of DesertWinds_Fortress (Fury)
Rd 5 25.16.13 Xavier of Sanctified_Realm (Fury)
Rd 6 1.16 gave planet away (Fury)
Rd 7 23.23.13 Mikey of Goondocks (RaH)
Rd 8 C2 quit (RaH)
Rd 9 24.6.1 Prof_Xavier of School_for_Gifted_Youngsters (Eclipse)
Rd 9.5 9.8.3 Starbuck of Galactica (RaH)
kyrealean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 09:33   #65
McIvan
BlueTuba

McIvan is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Pretty much the only thing we have to go on when judging both these alliances in r2 is the thing with WaC towards the end of the round and they simply arent a good benchmark as they were a weakened alliance. For most of the round Legion had pretty much been 'hiding' behind WaC whom they were a wing of and Fury had simply done nothing to show any great organsiational skills at this point.. BT and WaC may not have been perfect, in fact far from it but they generally showed a level of professionalism throughout the round that was higher than anyone else was showing. Now with hindsight you can conclude that r3's performance suggests that Fury and Legion were above this level in round 2 but theres simply no evidence to prove this
I suspect that Wakey is under the impression that Fury and Legion took down BT followed by WaC in round THREE, whereas that happened a bit over half way through round TWO. By the end of round two BT had been thoroughly smashed and was under new leadership, reorganising and building from a newly established junior wing, after demonstrating lamentable organisational skills in the war itself. Actually, it might be more accurate to say there was during that "war" (if you can dignify it with the term) close to a complete absence of organisational skill, rather than skill ineptly applied.

WaC had completed disintegrated, existing only in the form of Sedition who were based on elements of WaCjr.

If I am correct in my supposition, then a lot of what Wakey is saying makes sense. Erroneous sense, mind you, but sense in that context.

If that is not the case then I'm at a loss. Taking down BT and WaC demanded organisational skill. How could it not have done? And, as an insider, I can assure you that BT was not run to later round standards or anywhere near them. WaC disintegrated immediately on attack, another sure sign of organisational failure. Unless you were in either BT or WaC I'm not sure on what basis you can assert otherwise.

McIvan

Last edited by McIvan; 6 Jun 2004 at 13:38. Reason: Edited to add quote from wakey's post, for clarity
McIvan is offline   Reply With Quote