User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 18 Mar 2004, 22:22   #1
DrNick152

DrNick152 is an unknown quantity at this point
IPA and Concordium

Okay I haven't played Planetarion for about 5 years so this bare with me here.

Whatever happened to the IPA (Inter-planetary Protection Alliance or something like that) as they used to be one of the largest most powerful alliances about.

Also I notice the Concordiuma re still about, when I last played they were one of the super powers and everyone who wasn't a member hated them. Have things changed much???
DrNick152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 23:25   #2
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: IPA and Concordium

PA existed 5 years ago?
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 23:35   #3
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

lol...... U probably mean IPC m8. I forgot the acronym but it was Inter-planetary something. I don't think they were the most powerful. I think they quit PA. As for Concordium, they haven't played PA as an alliance for quite sometime.
Unread 19 Mar 2004, 06:05   #4
Guran
Puppet Master

Guran will become famous soon enoughGuran will become famous soon enough

Interplanetary Peace Corps

http://www.ipc-hq.com/
Guran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2004, 09:27   #5
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNick152
Okay I haven't played Planetarion for about 5 years so this bare with me here.

Whatever happened to the IPA (Inter-planetary Protection Alliance or something like that) as they used to be one of the largest most powerful alliances about.

Also I notice the Concordiuma re still about, when I last played they were one of the super powers and everyone who wasn't a member hated them. Have things changed much???
Youre thinking of IPC (Interplanetary Peace Corp, iirc), and dispite existing for years, they were never really competent in the eyes of anybody but themselves. Though to be honest they did show some improvement over their original condition, to where they were a decent introductory alliance for noobs.

As for Concordium, my first and favorite enemy They disbanded in the second round with members going several different alliances. They came appart due to a variety of factors, including leadership decisions/conflicts and the threat of war with two other major alliances who had started working together. Those two were Legion (who had been a wing of Conc based out of cluster 16 in the first round), and Fury (formed primarily from the Anti-Conc resistance movement from the first round, centered around cluster 7.)

The game went well for a few rounds, but along about the 5th they were forced to go to paytoplay, which has gradually killed it. Most of the major alliances, including Legion and Fury who were major forces for years, have disbanded or moved on to different games.

Hope that helps. You'll see the names of a lot of disbanded alliances floating around here, mostly people like me living on the past. ;-)

C7R FREEDOM!....Feel the FURY! .... etc.
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2004, 11:25   #6
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Thats a little unfair on IPC imho. While they went in the BT and WaC level in r2 they were at the level of the alliances that were challenging these two (including Fury) and if they had hedged their bets like Fury did when WaC started declaring war on all the challenging alliances they could have very well come out in strong position like fury did. While IPC decided to get involved and try and break WaC's dominace along with a number of the other competing alliances Fury stayed on the outskirts of the plan waiting for these others and WaC command themselves to do the damage to the alliance that they needed to be in with a chance of safely taking them down.

Anyway while he may be talking about IPC he could be talking about IPA. They were an alliance from these early rounds whom i seem to remember played a part in forming that alliance of many small alliances whos name I cant remember atm (-=42=- were one of the alliances involved and Scouses alliance he was running in r2 did also if that helps ring any bells for people). While the alliance themselves were pretty small they did become a fairly powerful force combinded who would have acheived alot more if there hadnt been so much in fighting between the differnt fractions all whom thought they were better than the rest
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2004, 03:51   #7
Tis

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Thats a little unfair on IPC imho. While they went in the BT and WaC level in r2 they were at the level of the alliances that were challenging these two (including Fury) and if they had hedged their bets like Fury did when WaC started declaring war on all the challenging alliances they could have very well come out in strong position like fury did.
Sorry, but that just isn't true, they never had the quality playerbase, the proper leadership, or a decent enough grasp of the game to make a significant impact.

I remeber being recruited by Zeus or one of the IPC founders in r1. The general idea of their pitch was, "we believe attacking is mean, IPC members never attack anybody unless they have attacked an IPC member." I still laugh over that one.

IPC only became a known name because of certain high profile founders (once again demonstrating the point that the people running PA never had any idea how to play), their spamming recruitment drives, and their still incomprehensible longevity.
Unread 20 Mar 2004, 11:56   #8
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis
Sorry, but that just isn't true, they never had the quality playerbase, the proper leadership, or a decent enough grasp of the game to make a significant impact.

I remeber being recruited by Zeus or one of the IPC founders in r1. The general idea of their pitch was, "we believe attacking is mean, IPC members never attack anybody unless they have attacked an IPC member." I still laugh over that one.

IPC only became a known name because of certain high profile founders (once again demonstrating the point that the people running PA never had any idea how to play), their spamming recruitment drives, and their still incomprehensible longevity.
No IPC's whole basis was that attacking planets significantly smaller than themselves was 'mean'. and theres a major difference between that and what you claim. They believed in playing fairly and while that did at times hinder them they were still right up there with the second string alliances of the time (New Dawn, Fury, hirr, RE, UXF, F-Crew, Sk ect)

You can sit there and dismiss them but that just shows your ignorance of the history of this game and the important players in this history. They are one of the few alliances who have never changed their beliefs, stood by them and established themselves as a force even though their beliefs are restrictive
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 20 Mar 2004, 17:35   #9
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
No IPC's whole basis was that attacking planets significantly smaller than themselves was 'mean'. and theres a major difference between that and what you claim.
There were planets significantly smaller than IPC members?
Unread 21 Mar 2004, 00:06   #10
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Depends on the P-value.
Unread 21 Mar 2004, 13:25   #11
Healer

Healer is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Re: IPA and Concordium

'Those two were Legion (who had been a wing of Conc based out of cluster 16 in the first round)'

didnt legion come from cluster 17, and was called the 17th legion? i remember those old days aye wakey

Healer
Healer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2004, 15:12   #12
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healer
didnt legion come from cluster 17, and was called the 17th legion?
You are correct
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2004, 17:06   #13
Tis

Quote:
'Those two were Legion (who had been a wing of Conc based out of cluster 16 in the first round)'

didnt legion come from cluster 17, and was called the 17th legion? i remember those old days aye wakey

Healer
Right you are, typo on my part.
Unread 21 Mar 2004, 22:29   #14
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Wakey with the IPA thing with -=42=- and that..

i was in -=42=- before i joined F-Crew (and years later, IPC) and -=42=- became a wing of ICD shortly after i joined.. i can't remember what ICD stood for but it fits your description of an umbrella organisation for a large number of small but competent alliances including -=42=-

as for IPC, they kind of have quit PA, a few of us continue to play in round 10.5 though. as far as i recall rounds 7 and 9 were their best (since i joined mid-round 6) and they seemed competent enough for what we did. we were not out to win just to have fun and we achieved that objective while not doing too badly.
Unread 21 Mar 2004, 23:18   #15
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Fairly sure it stood for Independent Cluster Defence, I also think it was a fully fledged alliance not an umbrella organisation, if I remember rightly -=42=- was led by EarthWalker and it grew out of the Wireplay alliance from Round 1, it was a wing of ICD at some point but then left, however when it disbanded I think most of it merged into ICD.

After Round 2 I retired for a bit then restarted after about a month of the round, I was in a crap cluster so rather than account swap and get into a decent galaxy I decided to wait it out and join IPC to try and help newer players (aww) all I can say is never before have I seen such a shambolic alliance, with the exception of a handful of players (Trin, Garm, Hardball, Zhil, Heiper are all I can think of in an alliance of 200 players) they had absolutely no redeeming features, the reason they didn't hit lowbies is because most of them were too small to hit anything at all. I think Tis pretty much hit the nail on the head, IPC were know because of who founded them, the majority of the original PA crew but none of them were ever really good players. Lame principals, lame leadership (Keystroke) and lame organisation thank God I got into Fury at the end of the round.

Also wakey I saw a lot of both Legion and Fury first hand in Round 2 being in C4E and I find it very hard to believe that IPC were anywhere near either of their class, the way I understand it most of the IPC leadership abandoned it in early Round 2 so I cant really see how it would be in that kind of shape, perhaps your memory is a little jaded I mean I seem to remember you once telling us all it was F-Crew beat WaC
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2004, 00:49   #16
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

i can't really comment on the early rounds of IPC but when i joined them, and since, they've not been anything like as bad as you say...

Independant Cluster Defense sounds about right by the way name seems familiar.
Unread 22 Mar 2004, 11:48   #17
wakey
Hamster

I personally dont think you can consider ICD (at least in their original state) anything other than an umbrella alliance. While they had some members that were exclusive to ICD most were ICD members because ICD invited their alliances to join their mutual defence partnership.

As for your views on IPC, your talking from your experiance in round 3 when I'm sure even they will admit they were poor. The round 2 IPC however were different. They were a good alliance at the stage who were capable of defending and attacking successfully but like most of the pack chasing WaC and BT were caught a little by suprise with WaC's actions and then took part in Zeus's misguided operation to take WaC down. IPC did lose a few of their HC before r2 started (mainly due to their work on PA if i recall) but the majority didnt quit till later in r2 when Zeus plan backfired which forced many members and hc to have to look elsewhere for their alliance needs. As for Fury they simply werent a force for much of the round, most of the challenging pack simply wernt bothered about them or threatened by them. Thats not saying they didnt have any quality about them as they clearly did have a good leadership in place and they certainly had potential but they hadnt really shown it. So much so that when Zeus idea was being put into action Fury werent even on the original list of those to be involved, they only got their invite because others said no and even then there was a great debate about if Fury had the power to actually be any use to the plan.

It was Zeus plan that made Fury into the power it became, without this they might have come out on top anyway due to the leadership involved but I doubt it would have been with quite the same effect . When they were finaly invited into the discussions they informed us all that they had a NAP with WaC which they didnt wish to break but they were willing to take out WaC's support alliance (T6E was it, or was it just TE) which really was a master stroke and showed their true class which up to this point they hadnt really demostrated. They let everyone else fight it out which for most of the alliances involved resulted in so many losses they were forced to disband (Sk, ND, UXF) or go into hiding (IPC) and then when they saw their chance they and legion took it and never let their grasp on the game go. It was a fantastic peice of forward thinking (or just plain luck) which changed the face of PA forever but things could ahve quite easierly been different. Any of the alliances that did take part could have decided not to and fury could have been persuaded to take part and we could have now been talking about how IPC or ND or UXF or hirr or Sk or even F-Crew came to control the game for a number of rounds.

Oh and as for that statement you are atrributing to me. I have never said F-Crew beat WaC. What your probally getting confused with is my statement that those of us at F-Crew FELT we had WaC beaten when Fury and Legion decide it was time to strike. We were hitting their planets night after night and were getting prettyy good at doing a fair bit of damage to their planets and the defending fleets with little damage of our own and with the command structure clearly crumbling we saw an alliance on its last legs (which is something I'm also guessing Fury and Legion saw) and felt with enough time we could have taken them down. The amount of members that left us at the heart of the war with WaC (Fury seemed to be a fav place for our ex members to end up actually as they were considered a safe alliance as they werent really involved in the war with wac,, other main destination was BT) left us in a situation where we were never going to be able to pull off a shock and awe style bringdown but we didnt get time to see if our long drawn out approach would have worked because Fury and Legion waded in with the resouces to bring about a fairly brisk bringdown
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 22 Mar 2004, 22:07   #18
Healer

awwww i loved concordium... i was 2:17 in r2... some top 10 gal... and i used to attack u alot i think wakey, well i think i twas round 2 that i kept attacking u, i remember gettin in some trouble from u for it

and its so nice and nostalgic all this WAC talk, and u make it sound very dramatic wakey... altho i didnt think it was that reticulosely planned... it was more somethin that came together not necesserily all thought up of and went exactly to plan.

Healer
Unread 22 Mar 2004, 22:52   #19
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
There were planets significantly smaller than IPC members?
Lo Sid :P Can you give me an email ([email protected])? Just to chat (you still owe me a game of CFW!!)

Anyway, about IPC. I was IPC during r2 and for part of r3 (when I acted as a spy). IPC were never really a threat and I would like to see evidence of them being a "force". It was only after their utter defeats in r2 and r3 that they started to attempt to shape up their structure (if you can call the state IPC was in a 'structure' before then).

Indeed, I remember my times fondly within IPC - they were a league away from what I've experienced and seen within other alliances. Attacks declared and set up in a public room for example?

Even with this shape up, IPC never made an impact nor were involved in many galactic scale events whatsoever. Call me elitist but to be a 'force' I figure they would have to have done something to earn that credit. IPC may have been one of the first alliances and based on certain beliefs - but it never was a 'force'.

Additionally, WaC was still a powerful band during r2 - the war that IPC/ND and its allies raged proved to achieve very little (except perhaps for Legion and Fury). I cant see how WaC could be seen as being on its 'last legs' - it surely didnt look like that to me whilst I was IPC and fighting the good fight.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2004, 22:55   #20
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
(Trin, Garm, Hardball, Zhil, Heiper are all I can think of in an alliance of 200 players)
Trin came from my galaxy and her protection from IPC (and contact) proved to be something extra after I joined Fury. Trin was a very peaceful kind of woman (She hated my antics within cluster and saw inner cluster attacks as something really evil). She came around in later rounds however (Lo Trin babe you know you were my favourite MoC ever), coincidently enough after she joined Fury.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony

Last edited by Zh|l; 22 Mar 2004 at 23:10.
Unread 23 Mar 2004, 00:41   #21
Neferti
part time ghost

why does everyone seem to think it's a crime to try to enjoy a game...
Unread 23 Mar 2004, 00:47   #22
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neferti
why does everyone seem to think it's a crime to try to enjoy a game...
I never said it was a crime. It was said that IPC was a 'force', which they clearly werent.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 23 Mar 2004, 11:42   #23
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
awwww i loved concordium... i was 2:17 in r2... some top 10 gal... and i used to attack u alot i think wakey, well i think i twas round 2 that i kept attacking u, i remember gettin in some trouble from u for it

Healer
I remember you and remember a few heated debates with you HOWEVER i dont think it was round 2. The amount of incoming i got that round can be counted on one hand and not one could be considered successful (Scouse still claims his ImpA alliance hit me and my fellow F-Crew HC and did major losses to us but some how he appears to have got the wrong planets, pretty hard to do when everyone had public alliance tags then, because i received no incoming that night and the one or two hc planets that did have incoming didnt get any losses apart from a couple of roids because like all F-Crew at that time we had everything out attacking WaC planets every night)

Anyway your name seems to have a connection to FX9 in my brain, which leads me to think that our run in came in r4. Me, Coffee and a few others had started an 'adopt a newbie cluster' movement where every person taking part whould adopt a high number cluster and would act as an advisor to let them find their feet. This involved aiding them with defence early on while we chaired meetings to get the whole cluster working as one and getting things like cluster alliances setup. We also helped them find alliances who would suit them and take them on and would always be there to give any player in the cluster game advice. You were in Zippys galaxy if i remember rightly and were a fairly good sized planet yet you decided tyo come looking for easy roids in the cluster id adopted. You had targeted players who were green and had only been playing the game for a week or so and iI had sworn to help them out so it was my job to make you pay. I cant remember the exact events that happened but I do seem to recall a heated debate with zippy about an open attack on you for them to regain their roids which Zippy kept denying leading to me calling in F-Crew, FA (hinch would agree to any attack, he didnt care if he lost ships or not in fact the more ships he was likly to lose the more up for an attack he was), the cluster and a couple of other allies to attack your galaxy. I'm not sure if we actually landed on the galaxy or if a solution was agreed but I spent alot of time in #fx9 argung with you and zippy
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 23 Mar 2004, 13:01   #24
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Lo Sid :P Can you give me an email ([email protected])? Just to chat (you still owe me a game of CFW!!)

Anyway, about IPC. I was IPC during r2 and for part of r3 (when I acted as a spy). IPC were never really a threat and I would like to see evidence of them being a "force". It was only after their utter defeats in r2 and r3 that they started to attempt to shape up their structure (if you can call the state IPC was in a 'structure' before then).

Indeed, I remember my times fondly within IPC - they were a league away from what I've experienced and seen within other alliances. Attacks declared and set up in a public room for example?

Even with this shape up, IPC never made an impact nor were involved in many galactic scale events whatsoever. Call me elitist but to be a 'force' I figure they would have to have done something to earn that credit. IPC may have been one of the first alliances and based on certain beliefs - but it never was a 'force'.
You have to remember that in round 2 everyone was alot less professional. These were simply differnt times and it took the Fury/Legion/RB abusing the option to stay in your r2 galaxy to cheat their way to private galaxies for the game to kick into the ultra professional mode (and before Fury start the "we didnt activly account swap at the end of r2 to get private galaxies" I wouldnt bother because your just going to make yourself look stupid). R2's BT and WaC are probally the alliances that come closest to having the level of professionalism that we see in later rounds but even they look unprofessional by todays standards.

And why do you have to actually do something to be a force. We dont see China going around attacking everyone to show they are a force but it doesnt not make them one. In fact often a sign of being a force is more to do with what you DONT do, when your a force to be reckoned with. The fact that none of the chasing pack would have ever considered going to war with IPC at this point speaks volumes that they were considered a force by anyone around them and certainly everyone below them. They were well in that chasing pack of alliances and they may well not have been the most organised or professional alliances but they had members, the ships and most importantly the kind of team spirt that would see any member bending over backwards to help other members which left them in a position where the only alliances who could even start thinking they werent a threat to them being WaC and BT and even they would have been foolhardy to just dismiss them as they had the resources avaiable to do some damage if they wished. Its probally one of the reasons WaC started on IPC and the other members of teh chasing pack so that they could catch them by suprise and remove any potential future threat before it had any chance of starting

Quote:
Additionally, WaC was still a powerful band during r2 - the war that IPC/ND and its allies raged proved to achieve very little (except perhaps for Legion and Fury). I cant see how WaC could be seen as being on its 'last legs' - it surely didnt look like that to me whilst I was IPC and fighting the good fight.
I didnt say WaC wasnt a power in r2 and you clearly didnt read what I said. I said at the time that legion and Fury attacked them they were on their last legs and they really were showing signs of being so. They stood firm throughout the attacks as part of Zeus plan and seemed rock solid by the time F-Crew were the only once taking part any more but it did become clear that like pretty much every alliance involved at the heart of this battle they took some damage. Furys limited involvement in it with there taking down of t6e (or te or whatever they were called) had weakened them as they were a prime source for additional attack and defence numbers for them, Legion had started to break away from being a wing to being an alliance in their own right, and even there jnr wing WaCjnr was showing signs of unrest. Coupled with the fact that their their hc seemed to be crumbling (the likes of Marlboro (sp?) had all but dissaperared from their IRC server and alot of the time the only senior person around was Jonka who I believe was only a BC still, although could be wrong here as I do have a nagging feeling he had been promoted at this point). F-Crew had come out of the other sider of the war where the other alliances hadnt and while we were weakened we were stubborn and refused to let it rest, admittedly with hindsight it perhaps wasnt smart continuing the battle but we felt it was right. Attacks were beings ent out constantly at numourous WaC planets, some ended with losses but most were being successful and doing the damage to the planet that we set out to do which was omething earlier in the round we couldnt have hoped for (during the battles that took place as part of zeus plan pretty much everyone ended in defeat hence why most of the alliance involved dissapeared from the face of the game for the rest of the round and in some cases forever...hirr who came to some kind of cease fire agreement with WaC were the only other ones to come out of it, ND disbanded although was 'reformed' minus some key figures in r3, UXF disbanded although basically came back as Virus in r3, Sk disbanded and members went to other alliances, IPC seemed to dissaper from the game, they were still technically around but the alliance seemed to go into meltdown at this point in an attempt to regenerate themselves for r3) . WaC seemed to have gone from an alliance so organised that any attack was covered to one who seemed to struggle to defend anything, I even recall ICD pulling off an attack on them. While Fury and Legion were coming into their own at this time I dont think they would have had things so relativly easy if WaC hadnt pretty much been on their last legs.
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 23 Mar 2004, 16:01   #25
Healer

wow..... you do like writing alot wakey! and i neva used to n00b bash.... well not that i can remember! altho that was like 3-4 years ago now? so i very well couda done! and i was Fx9... the ledge of all alliances!!!!!! i hey legolas/jakul and other people i dont remmeber!, and zippy was cool too... i dunno if i was in his galaxy.... i was with tzikas in r3, he was a dude! i shld come play planetarion again... but it really is just too much of a small profesional game now... im just here to say hi on the boards *sado* i mite go next round, when i finish school tho.

Healer
Unread 23 Mar 2004, 16:52   #26
Neferti
part time ghost

yeah wakey loves his lectures
zhil that comment was made in general at people who always make fun of alliances like IPC, sorry
Unread 23 Mar 2004, 17:44   #27
wakey
Hamster

You should see the IRC stats of the channels i'm in, my average length of line stat is always 15+ words above anyone. If something is 'important' enough for me to reply to I feel it may as well be done properly rather than try and condense it into 15 words, guess its probally due to the length of time i've modded the suggestions forum where you cant really just say to people "thats shit" you need to jusify it which means a long post is normally needed
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 23 Mar 2004, 23:02   #28
Tis

TBH, i couldnt be bothered to read all that.... from what i did though, a couple points.

If you honestly believe that BT was an example of the highest organization avaliable in R2, then I really dont see what the point of this arguement is as its clear you wouldnt see reason if it kicked you in the balls. In r2, the community was still figuring out what made an alliance successful and how to recognize those traits. As it turns out, it was Fury and Legion who possessed them, it just took some people a while to recognize that (you more than most it would seem).

Anyway, I always admired F-Crew and a few other small alliances as groups that had fun and didnt take the game seriously. They had good people and could make decent block allies even if they couldnt win on their own. IPC on the other had was rarely worth the 2-3 minutes it took me most rounds to get a spy in.

Im not sure why you are so sensitive on the subject of IPC, but it seems we will have to agree to disagree.
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 00:36   #29
Neferti
part time ghost

are you saying i'm lying that i've had fun in IPC??
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 03:59   #30
Tis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neferti
are you saying i'm lying that i've had fun in IPC??
Nah, sorry it sounded like that. The second sentance of the paragraph was the distinction.
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 11:56   #31
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis
TBH, i couldnt be bothered to read all that.... from what i did though, a couple points.

If you honestly believe that BT was an example of the highest organization avaliable in R2, then I really dont see what the point of this arguement is as its clear you wouldnt see reason if it kicked you in the balls. In r2, the community was still figuring out what made an alliance successful and how to recognize those traits. As it turns out, it was Fury and Legion who possessed them, it just took some people a while to recognize that (you more than most it would seem).
The thing is you cant really judge Legion and Furys organsiation skills in round 2. Pretty much the only thing we have to go on when judging both these alliances in r2 is the thing with WaC towards the end of the round and they simply arent a good benchmark as they were a weakened alliance. For most of the round Legion had pretty much been 'hiding' behind WaC whom they were a wing of and Fury had simply done nothing to show any great organsiational skills at this point.. BT and WaC may not have been perfect, in fact far from it but they generally showed a level of professionalism throughout the round that was higher than anyone else was showing. Now with hindsight you can conclude that r3's performance suggests that Fury and Legion were above this level in round 2 but theres simply no evidence to prove this and its actually debatable if Fury and Legion would have even shown the level of professionalism they did in round 3 if they hadnt 'cheated' with their account swapping at the end of round 2 to abuse the option of staying in our galaxies. Would they have seemed so much better than everyone else if they hadnt given themselves this advantage and would they have gone on to dominate without such a safe round for them where they could build up the fear of them in the community and hone their skills. It was round 3 onwards where Legion and Fury set a new level for professionlism, round 2 was just the round that they suggested they might do so right at the end.

Quote:
Anyway, I always admired F-Crew and a few other small alliances as groups that had fun and didnt take the game seriously. They had good people and could make decent block allies even if they couldnt win on their own. IPC on the other had was rarely worth the 2-3 minutes it took me most rounds to get a spy in.

Im not sure why you are so sensitive on the subject of IPC, but it seems we will have to agree to disagree..
So being able to spy on an alliance makes them poor, well lets just add Legion to the "PA's shittest alliance list" because as most F-crew members know I was able to get pretty much full unrestricted access to Legions resources for a good 3 rounds in a row. There was alot of info I got hold off including a list of co-ords and contact info such as mobile numbers and even some peoples homes numbers which if id felt inclined would have been key info for their rivals. They were just lucky it was me who gained that access and not someone else because others would have used it to their advantage, I just did it orginally to see if i could and then continued to see how long they would take to sort it out. Tbh i dont think theres an alliance out there who hasnt had a spy gain access to their ranks on more than one occasion, even during the WaC war when both F-Crew and WaC were on their toes over breaches we both got spies into each others ranks and I certainly know we got some info which helped us and i'm sure they did the same.

As for why i'm so 'sensitive' on the subject of IPC, its more to do with the members of the big alliances attitude to other alliances in general. They go out to belittle those who havent 'dominated' rounds and try to make their contribution to the game feel worthless. Its the same when ideas for new features are being discussed, you raise the point that the features only good for the big players and alliances and is bad for the small players and your get responces of "so what small players arent important". This is what I take offence too and its not exclusive to the IPC discussion here and until the big alliance members start to realise that everyones contribution no matter how large or small they may be is as important as anyone elses because this idea that only the big alliances acheivements are important is arrogant, conceited and detrimental to the game. IPC held their own for much of the first round and a bit and were an alliance who until the losses agaisnt WaC took their toll were an alliance that 99.9% of alliances wouldnt have even considered taking on unless they had serious backup. And yes they were flawed, but who isnt and yes at times their leadership could have been stronger but this didnt matter because they had something that an alliance dosnt just gain and thats community spirt which helped overcome most of the flaws they had. Most alliance would have died for a community like IPC had because its something which is a major boost to any alliance and can be something which can tip a pretty even battle (or even one where your the underdogs) in your favour. Its also rare for alliances to stick to their principles and beliefs in the way IPC have which is made even more remarkable by the fact that their principles are one which puts them at a disadvatage at the start . Many alliances have 'sold out' in the search for glory yet IPC havent. Theres alot IPC have brought to this game and alot they should be respected for and not simply dismissed as they often are simply because they dont match up to the levels Fury and Legion set in r3/r4/ect . After all Fury and Legion dont really match upto my view of a perfect alliance with the bending of rules and questionable tactics they employed and while I'll state my opionions on there actions you stil see me saying I respect what they acheived even if i didnt agree with every way they acheived it. Give IPC the praise they deserve and dont just slag them off to look good.
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 16:16   #32
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
The thing is you cant really judge Legion and Furys organsiation skills in round 2. Pretty much the only thing we have to go on when judging both these alliances in r2 is the thing with WaC towards the end of the round and they simply arent a good benchmark as they were a weakened alliance..
You must be talking about an entirely different set of organisational skills to those which Tis is referring to. I'm not sure what you mean by "The thing with WaC towards the end of the "round" - WaC disbanded before there was any chance of a war, and by that stage the round was won anyway.

To my mind, the main organisational skill demonstrated by Fury/Legion in round 2 was the ability to mobilise and coordinate an alliance and take it successfully into a war - and to claim that somehow BT exemplified this is ludicrous. Just what organisational skills is it that you believe BT had? Fury/Legion were probably also the first to use intelligence efficiently.

The war I've always been most of proud of Fury in, was the very first one - which you seem to forget. Fury vs TE. Fury were only about 10% bigger than TE and we had no allies (8th and UFS had disbanded, Legion didn't even exist). Yet we pretty much won the war within 3 nights - on our first wave of attacks our members took an average of over 1.5 targets each (we had about 60 members and launched within a 2 hour period at a bit over 100 enemy targets IIRC). Our biggest players did a slightly later attack on a high profile target - an attack designed to lure in defence then crush it. We estimated we killed approx 15% of TE's entire active fleets in that single attack. We knew we had to win fast against TE - before WaC dealt with the annoyance caused to it by its various attackers. And we did just that.

To claim BT somehow exemplified professionalism in R2 is amusing - and incredibly naive. I can only assume you never saw them in action. I spent most evenings in their channels - along with other Fury and Legion members - throughout our war on them. On paper the war should have been close - BT had more members and more score (and that's discounting all the fake taggers). But they were totally lacking in all the necessary organisational skills to run an effective alliance. At times the only people trying to organise defence in their channels would be Fury/Legion members - and we'd be organising it for a tick or two late, then hitting the defenders once they'd logged off irc.

The Fury/Legion vs BT war was ultimately more of a massacre than a war: a handful of BT members did put up ongoing resistance (remember this was round 2 - where roids didn't really count, only ships: so anyone who could keep their fleet alive could cause trouble) but with the bulk of the membership going inactive/despondent and no visible leadership they could only keep up token resistance. That the war was such a non-event is precisely because Fury/Legion had strong leadership and a well-organised, active and loyal membership. In preparations for the war we'd assumed BT to be much more organised than it actually was - and in fact the war could have ended much sooner had we realised just how disorganised they were.
Unread 27 Mar 2004, 00:30   #33
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
After all Fury and Legion dont really match upto my view of a perfect alliance with the bending of rules and questionable tactics they employed and while I'll state my opionions on there actions you stil see me saying I respect what they acheived even if i didnt agree with every way they acheived it. Give IPC the praise they deserve and dont just slag them off to look good.
I think I'll just discount you entirely with these comments tbh Wakey. You obviously firmly believe that Fury/Legion only achieved what they did through 'cheating' (That about sums up your point.)

IPC deserve little praise. Sure they played for 'fun' but most definately were not a force nor a particulary successfull alliance. I was both IPC and Fury after all, so I know they deserve little to none praise. I praise them for playing as long as they did and not succumbing to disbandment, but that about's it.

I have my mouth open at your belief in that Fury/Legion werent organized. It was their organization that won the wars and set them out against all other alliances for that round.

I never got to be in Fury for the TE War, and that is something I totally utterly regret. I wish....

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 27 Mar 2004, 13:26   #34
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
I think I'll just discount you entirely with these comments tbh Wakey. You obviously firmly believe that Fury/Legion only achieved what they did through 'cheating' (That about sums up your point.)

IPC deserve little praise. Sure they played for 'fun' but most definately were not a force nor a particulary successfull alliance. I was both IPC and Fury after all, so I know they deserve little to none praise. I praise them for playing as long as they did and not succumbing to disbandment, but that about's it.

I have my mouth open at your belief in that Fury/Legion werent organized. It was their organization that won the wars and set them out against all other alliances for that round.

I never got to be in Fury for the TE War, and that is something I totally utterly regret. I wish....
I'll deal with sids reply in a bit as it requires more effort, yours is alot easier.

I've never said the success was acheived only through cheating, yes the success did stem out of the cheating of r3 but this seemed to act more as a foot in the door rather than the only reason for success but it did play a part. Simply without the exec endoressed account swapping at the end of r2 to get private galaxies you simply wouldnt have been able to dominate in the manner you were. This dominace then breed fear amongst the universe, the fact everyone was scared of you basically meant youd won half the battle and it gave you a round where you could hone your skills without any real pressure so that you really did become a power in your won right and not because of questionable actions.

And I never said Fury and Legion werent organised, just that they didnt really show their level of organsistaion and professionlism at this point. If one of you had come to the likes of IPC,F-Crew, ND, UXF, hirr, or Sk and told us at any point until towards the end of the round that you were going to be one of the greatest alliances PA had ever seen we would have fallen down laughing. It just wasnt something that seemed realistic, you were just one of these fairly poor alliances that was no threat to us let alone WaC and BT in our eyes. Most of us didnt even truely believe we could ever acheive that let alone an alliance who we felt was infearior and whom had basically shown nothing to make us think otherwise. Even when you did start to show your intentions you took on the top 2 at the time at weak points in their history so its hard to judge how much was Furys skill and how much was luck. You could have been more organised on the inside than you seemed on the outside for most of the round but then again most alliances can say that, for example round 2 F-Crew was pretty well organised especially when we were given the a wake up call by WaC very early on and it was probally only this that kept us fighting while the others fell. In fact going by your theory the fact we held our own against WaC the way we did, even when they were still at their 'peak' would suggest we were just as organised as they were but i doubt anyone outside F-Crew would feel we came anywhere close to their level as we simply didnt make it show enough and its the same with Fury. Fury didnt show their true level until r3+
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 27 Mar 2004, 20:48   #35
Tis

The more you talk, the less you actually say, and the stupider I feel for responding. Why on earth do you insist on posting this drivel?

Quote:
Fury didnt show their true level until r3+
Round 2 Top 100 Galaxies - (Fury clearly sucked back then.)

Rank Galaxy Name Score
1 Feel The [Fury] (35:13) 1.155.007.784
2 Lupus Cultor [Fury] (15:7) 1.143.544.510
3 [VtS] 1st Legion [Fury] (11:1) 1.048.918.103
4 [Fury]'s Chix of the Day TPE (28:18) 1.025.305.166
5 The Four Horsemen of [Fury] (35:24) 978.098.396
6 The Castle of [Fury] (32:17) 877.622.498
7 Pegasus Rising [Fury] (35:25) 802.611.498
8 Insert Coin [VtS / Pi] (3:14) 790.043.024
9 [Pack] Sulaco Rising [C4E] (4:18) 785.347.032
10 [Pack] Insomnia [CpV / C4E] (4:15) 781.438.199

11 (23:17) -=]Wrath[=- (23:17) 755.028.310
12 [FURY] Mercury and Solace[MS] (7:19) 721.546.213
13 Elite Division [VtS CpV ICD] (27:7) 714.407.828
14 Too Close for Comfort ICD,B8S (8:4) 693.787.332
15 [C4E]The Land of Mordor [VtS] (4:13) 673.620.103
16 Harbingers of [Fury] (6:3) 669.229.516
17 -=Sniper Alley=- (22:14) 662.610.651
18 o====)::::::::::::::::::::::> (33:12) 648.040.182
19 Hammer of [Fury] (37:6) 623.804.901
20 [AHS] semper paratus [VtS] (14:10) 615.297.252
21 L [CpV]8th OWNS j00 all[VTS] (17:6) 608.485.393
22 Tuba Lives - TNG/VtS/CpV (3:11) 605.752.526
23 [FoIP]Nox Ordo [VtS] (3:23) 602.459.224
24 [T7C] Megatron's Dream [Fury] (7:21) 592.252.660
25 [C4E] Phoenix rising [VtS] (4:6) 589.151.164
26 Ultra-Violence [VtS] (30:10) 587.884.173
27 -=Victorus Te Saluto=- (20:11) 584.131.113
28 Space Marines[Fury] (35:10) 579.224.128
29 The Joy of Villainy (23:19) 578.026.413
30 C4E Galaxy of Retaliation VtS (4:16) 574.755.801
31 29th IMPERIUM [VtS XäR RB] (29:9) 554.572.093
32 Veni Vidi Vici (11:6) 539.704.815
33 [UIS] Unity Is Strength [FURY (20:7) 524.435.825
34 Analogue Bubblebath [Fury] (13:3) 518.056.777
35 [Fury] Catch - 22 [VtS] (24:22) 503.977.431
36 [VtS] CLowNTowN [ACME] (36:17) 501.947.179
37 DragonLordz© [CpV] (9:20) 498.722.524
38 Batcave [VtS] (27:14) 492.251.300
39 Step and die [VtS] (28:17) 487.127.954
40 WE KILLED VTS :WAASSSUUP (29:17) 486.463.532
41 Intergalactic Raiders CpV VtS (10:10) 484.005.039
42 Worlds of the Sidh{¤VtS¤} (22:10) 469.780.162
43 Genesis II [RB] (27:18) 467.478.121
44 Chaos Theory (26:19) 464.433.004
45 Delta Centauri [b0rk]-[VtS] (33:7) 463.855.903
46 The Nexus of Pandora (2:20) 462.837.465
47 [RB] Ne Obliviscaris (24:20) 462.204.918
48 Shadows of [Fury] (28:4) 461.157.401
49 The PROTECTORATE is back[VtS] (25:2) 459.606.758
50 [SB]Dark Abyss[VtS][CpV] (30:4) 455.368.064
51 Oblivion-[VtS] (30:6) 452.433.021
52 [Fury] Stop the Pigeon! (6:9) 452.343.716
53 [C15A] A Galactic Alliance (15:12) 440.737.595
54 Gunmen of the Apocalypse[VtS] (7:4) 439.331.107
55 Lo Chris and Austin (fs) (1:2) 430.678.059
56 Yep, reset soon, drop by (16:19) 427.770.384
57 Burp!!!!!!!!!! [VtS] (14:2) 426.538.235
58 (C22) The New Dawn (22:8) 425.201.093
59 Torz's Secret![RB|Fury|BD] (24:15) 424.798.388
60 Hunters & Collectors [C17A] (17:21) 423.356.532
61 [VtS] The Praetorian Guard (3:5) 423.042.911
62 [C4E] The Fourth Empire [VtS] (4:7) 420.084.420
63 -Armageddon- [Fury] (35:6) 411.468.913
64 Far Far Away (27:6) 411.273.430
65 [Fury]phobia (35:2) 410.435.178
66 The Legion Rah! [VtS] (27:24) 408.892.471
67 [VtS]Regnare cum sangui[ACME] (28:12) 407.087.700
68 [Fury]Kamikaze butterflys[LE] (23:24) 406.127.782
69 [CpV] The Grey Area [VtS] (9:21) 406.050.427
70 Weedkillers (CpV) (32:22) 398.566.081
71 [VtS] FoIP - StarDust (41:12) 397.569.426
72 The Fists of [Fury] (35:23) 396.789.070
73 1 4 All [VtS] (5:6) 394.265.055
74 [Vts] - I.C.E. - [C39P] (39:3) 393.100.197
75 [VtS] FoIP - United We Stand (21:22) 391.231.081
76 (C6) Nuns of [Fury] (6:7) 390.933.661
77 [C4E] The Elite Force (4:3) 389.620.516
78 Xi Omega [VtS] (14:24) 384.355.504
79 Pandemonium [RB/BD/C31A] (31:22) 383.145.170
80 C8 RUM H.Q [CpV][#cluster8] (8:11) 383.008.401
81 [Fury]The Next Dimension (35:16) 381.527.575
82 Untamed souls of [Fury] C19A (19:20) 380.594.588
83 [Fury] - We eat too much (35:17) 379.108.843
84 The Fleetkeepers [V³][VtS] (20:25) 376.720.010
85 8th The Oblivion [Fury] (35:20) 358.274.862
86 [C4E] Dark Colony [EXP] (4:14) 355.475.776
87 [VtS] Clown Central [ACME] (36:14) 353.602.977
88 [VtS]The Usual Suspects[K9] (9:3) 352.566.294
89 [VtS-CpV][XXV] New Era (11:4) 351.037.768
90 Lunar Eclipse[CFD/CpV/V³/V] (5:22) 344.257.926
91 [VtS] FoIP - FOO BAR (41:1) 341.459.440
92 Aurora Borealis [@ß][Hpmoooo] (16:21) 336.802.306
93 Midgard [RB] (41:8) 334.014.764
94 Forbidden planets [Fury][=V=] (30:8) 332.753.168
95 XXV]Corruptor of Angels[Fury (25:3) 332.718.328
96 [VtS,HMA,C32] United Front (32:1) 330.791.835
97 Holy Judgement =V= VtS (28:23) 328.607.951
98 Nos te Salutamus[CpV] (8:10) 325.479.196
99 21 of 22 [Fury],[C22] (22:21) 323.539.137
100 The Great Blue One (2:17)
Unread 27 Mar 2004, 21:29   #36
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis
The more you talk, the less you actually say, and the stupider I feel for responding. Why on earth do you insist on posting this drivel?

Round 2 Top 100 Galaxies - (Fury clearly sucked back then.)

Rank Galaxy Name Score
1 Feel The [Fury] (35:13) 1.155.007.784
100 The Great Blue One (2:17)
1) I didnt say they sucked
2) The rankings prove very little. What exactly does it show, nothing except that most of the galaxies had atleast a Fury or Legion member in their ranks. You do realise F-Crew and I would guess IPC could have had large numbers in the top 100 if we had have tagged dont you. And i've never once said that Fury and Legion didnt end the round on top, i've simply stated they didnt do a great deal to really acheive. It was pretty much a "right place right time" situation with most of the other alliances around them self destructing.

And you only say its drivel cos your clearly not bothing to read my posts, your just picking a line here and a line there which allows you to spout off about how great Fury were and always were which just isnt true because pretty much every alliance considered you as feable as you consider IPC for much for r2. Fury pulled of a single master stroke (or just got lucky) when they didnt get involved directly with the WaC conflict and pretty much everyone respects the way they took their chance as things started going wrong for everyone else but until this point they were pretty much nothing . To try and say an alliance that spent the majority of the round demostrating none of the skill the showed in later rounds showed their true level in r2 is in itself drivel

And I told myself I wasnt gonna post here till i had enough time to reply to sids post
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 27 Mar 2004, 23:54   #37
Tis

Quote:
1) I didnt say they sucked
2) The rankings prove very little. What exactly does it show, nothing except that most of the galaxies had atleast a Fury or Legion member in their ranks. You do realise F-Crew and I would guess IPC could have had large numbers in the top 100 if we had have tagged dont you. And i've never once said that Fury and Legion didnt end the round on top, i've simply stated they didnt do a great deal to really acheive. It was pretty much a "right place right time" situation with most of the other alliances around them self destructing.

And you only say its drivel cos your clearly not bothing to read my posts, your just picking a line here and a line there which allows you to spout off about how great Fury were and always were which just isnt true because pretty much every alliance considered you as feable as you consider IPC for much for r2. Fury pulled of a single master stroke (or just got lucky) when they didnt get involved directly with the WaC conflict and pretty much everyone respects the way they took their chance as things started going wrong for everyone else but until this point they were pretty much nothing . To try and say an alliance that spent the majority of the round demostrating none of the skill the showed in later rounds showed their true level in r2 is in itself drivel

And I told myself I wasnt gonna post here till i had enough time to reply to sids post
Its like beating my head against a wall.
-You didnt say they sucked, but you certainly implied that they didnt accomplish much.
-Rankings are the only means we have of actually measuring success in this game.
-If there were a combined 5 ipc/f-crew in the top 100, i would be absolutely stunned. (see below)
-I say its drivel because it is.
-Its boring too, which is why i dont read the longer stretches.
-How is it that you know exactly what 'pretty much every major alliance' thought? Good grief, you didnt even know who the major alliances were. Ask Jonka, and the rest of the concordium core if they thought the fury core was 'feeble'.
-Luck my ass.

This is my last response to this thread. I'm sorry, but Ive lost it. Trying to set you straight is not worth the effort. You have proven that you are not only clueless, but youre as stubborn as anyone I have ever met. You are wrong, completely wrong. Several of the more respected people in this game (not including myself) have told you that and you refuse to even allow the possibility. I hate to see someone unwilling to listen, but frankly, you've proven that you are not worth the effort.

Now, point out those 'l33t' ipc members.

Rank Planet Name Coords IRC Nick Alliance Size Score
1 Hyrkania 11:1:14 Videer VtS 56028 765,955,136
2 The Edge* 15:7:7 Edger Fury 57219 680,259,008
3 Rice Krispey World 35:10:16 Pop_Kispey Fury 35117 530,630,592
4 Your Anus 3:14:8 Shonk VtS 34751 499,209,408
5 Raevenloft 35:25:5 Mista Fury 46138 483,336,960
6 Bedrock 4:18:1 Fred VtS 53788 476,602,144
7 the world 4:15:1 decoy VtS 53061 467,794,880
8 The House of P@yne 20:11:1 TimPayne VtS 33299 384,929,600
9 Eorim 14:10:10 Brakyakuru VtS 32823 371,831,296
10 rh-9 3:23:10 Rhuian VtS 30333 365,704,384
11 Synthesis 1 35:13:1 Sid Fury 54194 365,111,552
12 Slyva 17:6:1 Slider VtS 33741 337,881,856
13 Harpworld 37:6:18 - Fury 31402 335,121,984
14 Lost Temple 3:11:7 Alien VtS 42689 331,183,936
15 Northern Lights 16:19:2 Idler Fury 20177 319,068,800
16 Fraggle Rock 35:24:22 Fraggle Fury 35611 308,211,776
17 Alba 1:2:9 Nodrog Fury / TPE 22769 308,197,824
18 Big Ball 'o' rock 35:6:8 - Fury 24109 303.614,336
19 Planet of Doom 7:4:16 Rich VtS 26577 285,115,200
20 Jock7 4:16:4 fatjock VtS 27037 282,262,144
21 palmboompje 39:3:1 Trifle VtS 27463 269,510,528
22 Maximopolis 30:10:1 Biggdogg VtS 22757 259,926,000
23 Kadan 9:20:2 Axis_WLF VtS 18373 254,062,224
24 The-Returned 35:24:24 - Fury 39683 248,959,920
25 Contour 27:14:7 Daishi VtS 25424 274,180,496
26 HTI 27:7:6 Baron VtS 26936 243,107,632
27 Free Traders Inc. 4:6:6 Krolle VtS 41064 241,737,840
28 Qyt 11:6:17 Dgarpas VtS 22756 237,861,456
29 Wu-ProductioN 28:17:18 Tical VtS 16849 236,727,184
30 blackgate 24:22:2 Homer VtS 24976 232,977,136
31 Sirus Perforator 6:9:10 - - 16090 228,266,928
32 Sumeria 24:15:4 Galdrieth WaC 13618 228,187,536
33 Rotnart 41:12:23 Nevir VtS 19974 224,873,840
34 Big Toilet That Needs Flushing 32:17:1 Toilet Fury 22014 224,587,987
35 biggo 9:9:3 ^O^ VtS 13206 223,042,064
36 Dinosaure 25:2:4 Dinoman VtS 23655 221,315,856
37 bo11ocks 29:17:18 Shaggy Fury 13616 218,987,120
38 The World of Nuts 28:18:16 AlbinoSqrl Fury 19394 215,293,248
39 Ireland 22:10:4 SinnFein VtS 24074 212,104,912
40 The World Of Illusions 8:11:17 Xanthes VtS 10359 210,980,368
41 - PAX - 4:13:12 Grendel VtS 17396 208,499,856
42 nexzp 33:19:25 - - 19551 204,551,760
43 PEARL 3:5:12 Diamonds VtS 23113 201,380,048
44 Depleted ****hole 41:13:1 - - 24167 200,308,944
45 Evil Inc. 27:7:17 Evil_CEO VtS 16619 199,694,192
46 Promised Land 30:6:4 Game VtS 24751 199,468,624
47 Balls World 7:21:22 -Tis Fury - 14551 197,402,896
48 Valor 5:6:10 Horus VtS 18631 196,310,576
49 Summehsphere 7:19:21 Summy VtS 23621 192,129,360
50 Osmosis 8:4:8 Namnoc VtS 10221 191,639,696
51 EMP 33:12:11 - - 15880 191,359,760
52 Wingless-Help! 35:13:4 - Fury 21436 186,391,920
53 Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu 14:2:17 Kenshin VtS 18696 185,269,680
54 Jårvik 42:21:17 BaSSe BlueTuba 252 180,153,008
55 Unterhaching 4:13:7 randal VtS 17069 177,845,680
56 Pretty Planet 8:4:6 Drusilla VtS 24026 176,352,752
57 Azzer Be'Jan 23:19:17 Azzer VtS 8057 175,616,304
58 Whych Mob 33:7:9 RaZZa VtS 22576 171,151,184
59 fortuna 19:20:6 - - 10404 169,188,816
60 Phobia 5:22:6 - - 18154 165,200,368
61 Carralli Prime 32:22:4 Carnage VtS 17051 163,689,456
62 Pagole 36:17:20 mcbean VtS 10388 163,202,672
63 FoB Plaza 28:4:23 - - 13217 160,336,784
64 BOOMSTA* 23:17:17 BOOMSTA VtS 12684 160,086,608
65 Echo 6:3:6 - - 14258 159,353,360
66 FragTopia 13:3:3 Frag BlueTuba 10669 156,350,992
67 torgan 23:24:8 - - 8275 156,350,992
68 Cowland 20:1:1 SuperCow WaC 6757 155,562,000
69 Isles of Hermilion 32:17:2 - - 14461 154,851,248
70 COBOLT 29:17:6 - - 16012 152,977,392
71 The Seven Gates 32:4:8 - - 17502 152,185,232
72 Assimilation 26:19:23 - - 10760 150,827,248
73 Masherus Prime 4:3:17 - - 13192 149,094,032
74 vipersworld 27:24:5 viper VtS 8505 148,494,224
75 Tellus 31:22:1 - - 16391 148,026,992
76 Ennaul 41:1:12 Iret VtS 10999 146,921,904
77 Longest_Ever 10:10:9 - - 14665 145,999,024
78 Planet Overdose 6:5:5 - - 10125 145,617,200
79 HellsFire 14:23:15 - - 5222 144,692,528
80 123Prime321 11:4:4 Rampage VtS 15326 143,137,136
81 Acufeller 6:3:5 - - 17752 142,779,936
82 Blåa Hallon 17:15:11 - - 10470 142,143,152
83 The NetherRealm 35:13:9 - Fury 16533 141,460,944
84 Fletcher´s 30:4:6 Dirtball VtS 13856 141,290,160
85 Telmar 21:22:3 Caspian VtS 7837 141,271,312
86 Bikkelworld 30:10:13 Bikkel VtS 13770 141,124,880
87 Atlantico 35:23:18 - Fury 14030 140,282,320
88 Helgasten 22:14:2 - - 18868 139,981,424
89 Immortals 9:21:16 GotYer VtS 14222 138,877,808
90 Nick609 27:18:1 - - 13720 136,759,536
91 Kernow 11:1:11 Oracle Fury 15634 136,658,944
92 LoserSquadronII 22:14:25 LX|Phr34k VtS 18875 136,130,000
93 Metallium 10:10:14 Silver_Surfer VtS 6821 136,128,912
94 Midgar 26:19:5 Ramuh VtS 9638 135,501,136
95 oob 35:13:15 - Fury 12200 133,224,776
96 somwhere 41:8:22 - - 8084 132,569,448
97 eternite 9:3:17 bugsy VtS 10111 132,526,552
98 Veni Vidi Vici 18:15:20 Rids BlueTuba 11392 130,339,208
99 Lavadome 2:15:8 Kona BlueTuba 6086 130,239,768
100 Getem's Ville 4:16:7 Getem VtS 8060 129,840,328

-- edited for spelling, happy now honey-bunny? :P --

Last edited by Tis; 30 Apr 2004 at 20:20.
Unread 28 Mar 2004, 00:59   #38
Mad Matte
Elysium Shepherd

Mad Matte is an unknown quantity at this point

Tis, just to point out that many ppl had more than one allaince in rnd2, so one of the Fury/VtS ppl could have been also in IPC or F-crew...
Mad Matte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2004, 03:08   #39
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Matte
Tis, just to point out that many ppl had more than one allaince in rnd2, so one of the Fury/VtS ppl could have been also in IPC or F-crew...
Um no.... Fury held a policy only allowing cluster alliances in addition to Fury membership if I remember correctly. One of the first few alliances to hold such a policy.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 28 Mar 2004, 03:22   #40
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

why has Mista only got one planet in that top 100?

heh
Unread 28 Mar 2004, 14:45   #41
Healer

hmmmm yo wakey, i was 2.17 in r1.... r2 i was like ummm i dunno.... ummmmm i shld kno.... 5.5 or ummm cluster 30 or somthin..... i was in tzikas's galazy, and tis is a fun argument... hehe

Healer
Unread 2 Apr 2004, 10:54   #42
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about

The core of -=42=- became HR when they joined ICD, I got them to leave and join Sedition...

Visionary

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
-=Zyth=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2004, 11:39   #43
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Riddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really nice

Quote:
Um no.... Fury held a policy only allowing cluster alliances in addition to Fury membership if I remember correctly. One of the first few alliances to hold such a policy.
Good choice
ND has had that rule in its policy since round1 and we have held on to it upto now.
[18:00] *** Myrdhin has quit IRC (u can't understand women if u never wore a bra !!)
Riddim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2004, 11:07   #44
Jonka
Ensign

Jonka can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis
Its like beating my head against a wall.
-How is it that you know exactly what 'pretty much every major alliance' thought? Good grief, you didnt even know who the major alliances were. Ask Jonka, and the rest of the concordium core if they thought the fury core was 'feable'.
From my point of view, the 'core' consisted of 10-15 people.
Those 10-15 people weren't what I'd classify as 'feeble' though(spelling, Tis... surely you can do better).
Jonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 02:20   #45
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Ooooo someone brought up ICD craziness.

ICD > IPC

ICD was in fact mostly made up of its own members, but most of its members were poached from other alliances who joined up. Basically what happened is that some crappy little alliance would join ICD, then the active members would get involved in ICD, forget about thier old alliances, and the old alliances would go away leaving the better members in ICD. Some alliances that joined it however did stay intact through it F-Crew for instance, and they joined particularly late in ICD's existance. They joined after I did and I only spent a half a round there. It was a weird time that anyone who didnt play then wouldnt really understand. ICD was a beautiful alliance in round 2 thanks to thieves they could basically make a living defending lowbies against lazy attacks from Fury/Legion/etc. I never bothered roiding anyone, I just had my fleets on constant defence missions. ICD had a crisis in rd 3 when it became clear that the only way to stay relevant in PA would be to become aggressive. It feel apart almost immediately. ICD was one of the few mission alliances that succeeded in PA, albeit for only one round. It had a bloated membership, but was able to defend its active members, maintain a good rank, and continued to try and defend every small planet it could against the big guys.

This has been your useless bit of ICD history that no one asked for. Your welcome.

As for IPC they had dellusions of grandeur. They were never as powerful as thnier words and never as noble. Its easy to say you are the defenders of the small players when your alliance is full of small players.

Somebody let me know when PA is in a position to have another such mission alliance (ie getting a steady stream of new players) and I will be happy to start one.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 07:28   #46
Neferti
part time ghost

i didnt know F-Crew was in ICD. and people moan about IPC all the time yet base their entire opinion on one or two round's worth of the 11 they played.
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 08:03   #47
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Neferti, most of the people who have posted here about IPC have been playing since the first 3 rounds or so at least. And yes, F-Crew was affiliated with ICD towards the end of round 2. I dont think they ever fully joined though. Might best be described as an alliance or a wing in later round terms. I wasnt involved in diplomacy for ICD at all so I dont know the details, I just know that there was some agreement.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 09:24   #48
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
And yes, F-Crew was affiliated with ICD towards the end of round 2. I dont think they ever fully joined though.
Yes we never actually joined ICD. ICD didnt give F-Crew defence, F-Crew didnt give ICD defence (apart from the occasional favour we maybe owed a member or group of members). The F-crew/ICD relationship was more like a NAP tbh with the occasional joint attack
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 10:03   #49
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
They let everyone else fight it out which for most of the alliances involved resulted in so many losses they were forced to disband (Sk, ND, UXF) or go into hiding (IPC)
Afaik SK was the only one to disband, some of their members joining ND etc. ND did not disband. They simply were beaten down sofar that they were struggling to find ways to get back on their feet.
UXF never really disbanded either, most certainly not as a consequence of the war. We reorganized after reaching 500 members (ie. kicking out a few hundred players). Changing names to ViruS. This was actually in preparation of round 3.

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2004, 00:30   #50
LB|away

LB|away is an unknown quantity at this point

wow old alliance talking

I got kick from virus in rnd 3
for not tagging virus or something