User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 8 Dec 2003, 19:02   #301
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold
Re: who's gonna be blamed this time

i wonder if MrBrick should even continue coding r11 ... is there any playerbase left at all after this tickstop/mess/stuff ?

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 19:03   #302
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo
:snowman: :snowman: :snowman: atthis point i would like to welcome everyone to the new TFD thread :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree:
*whoahoa!*

Unread 8 Dec 2003, 19:03   #303
Hexy

Hexy is an unknown quantity at this point

ok this is really getting old boring and an utter waste of everyones time.... lets begin talking about something we all can agree to.... THIS ROUND OF PA IS THE WORST ROUND EVER .. hell the most entertaining thing that has livened the round you sit here pointing fingers about... Eclipse i like some of you... you know who you are... FAnG ... i like some of you too.. and you know who you are also.... can we stop the finger pointings and the assumptions and corrections of assumptions and move on to better things like removing those annnnnoyyyyying blinky lights around Merry Christmas.. ffs we may as well go back to clicking blinky ads in game too if annoyance is to be the future. say hip hop hippety hip hiphop and dont stop... *bammed with spam*
Hexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 19:09   #304
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

yeh.. those xmas forums annoys me.. now I cant read pa forums in peace without getting school m8s hanging over my shoulder saying: "omgfsf lol wtf is that?"
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 19:10   #305
Nitros
Internal Error

:sleigh:

Unread 8 Dec 2003, 19:16   #306
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it's been the best round since r6 I guess I don't have too many with me on that one.
before I got over the roid limit ofc.
and about the forum skin....why dont those of you who don't like it just change it in user control panel?
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 19:21   #307
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

Karmulian is on a distinguished road
Officila Planetarion Team Comment

Right to clarify things and give a bit of an update

1) NB3 was not the only person in #support with admins tools, he however was the only person to notice WA's pasting of password. NB3 has admitted his mistake, and as such the pateam are moving on from it. This is not a case to blame people , but to find a resolution.

2) Stopping the ticks was a decision taken byt the pateam, when we found out the full account of what had happened to fang. a meeting was called and we took the decision to the stop the ticks.
this time has allowed us to weigh up all the options available to resolved this situation and get the game running.

3) We now have a short list of options and are in discussions with fudge to implement 1 as soon as possible.

Thanks
Karmulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 19:26   #308
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough

Dare give an eta on tickstart Karmulian? tonight? tomorrow morning?

It does make a big difference to some...
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 19:29   #309
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mens
I think it's been the best round since r6 I guess I don't have too many with me on that one.
before I got over the roid limit ofc.
and about the forum skin....why dont those of you who don't like it just change it in user control panel?
i agree, i have liked this round to.

aint no where near as bad as i first thought b4 it started

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 19:32   #310
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

Karmulian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabult
Dare give an eta on tickstart Karmulian? tonight? tomorrow morning?

It does make a big difference to some...
In light of FaNG's decision we are hoping to have the ticks started this evening,

this however is subject to pa's normal timescales
Karmulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 20:37   #311
RealJames
Retired at the top

RealJames is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexy
Eclipse i like some of you...
Do you love me? I'm nice.

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
RealJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 20:38   #312
Grim
n00b

Grim is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames
Jim, are u nice?? serioucly??
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 20:51   #313
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
But then i forgot, im not allowed to have an opinion am i, i need to just be a robot.
That is correct in this case.
Just like a ref in a footy match, you have to be neutral in order to stick to the rules properly. If you don't, you get abuse. That's how life is.

But point stands: WA should have thought before he acted this way.
(I do however understand the reasons for his quitting, and I don't blame him for that at all.)

And going by this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim
[23:59] <WebAngel> foxgrove/VHQFBSIF <-- now close me and delete me whenever you want
[23:59] * P sets mode: +b *!*WebAngel@*.net81-65-112.noos.fr
[23:59] * WebAngel was kicked by P ((NB3) No Reason)
[00:00] <remy|afk> rofl, nb3,m thats original, you must admit that, now he forced you to change his login
[00:00] <NB3|busy> im not changing his login
[00:00] <NB3|busy> im not touching any admin tool other than for fixing bugs or closing cheating planets
...you could have prevented all this this. Apparently you weren't too sure about yourself, considering you're now saying you promised Mit not to use your admin 'powers'. It's a bit contradictional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow1980
You have a rather twisted view on the world my friend. If somebody gets shot, are you going to blame the police officer who was a street away for not being in the right street as well?
NB3 stated and many others with him that he was under orders to NOT use admin tools. If some git (excuse me) comes along and posts his password (again I say this is the #1 no-no on internet) then how is it NB3's responsibility??
What use is a multihunter that isn't allowed to close accounts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddix
Aye, playing against the stupidity of your own alliance members is not a nice thing. Oh wait I forgot they are innocenet of the crimes they are accused! Wonder what you could mean then...
hehe, silly as ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeggstry
And now the fact that FAnG want to move to a new alliance without this 72 hrs makes me very mad. If you dont like it, dont leave. Otherwise shut the **** up and suffer like the rest of us have had to.
Agreed. Just like you're mumbling about it now, so did the FAnG members Whether they're right or wrong isn't important atm. It's kinda harsh when you hear your HC talking about disbanding the alliance in-game. Without leaving the members the option to stay within that tag, or not. And the member-kicking from WA's account, against the will of those members, needed a solution as well. Simple.
I always thought the 72 hours bit didn't count when a member was kicked from the in-game alliance, I was wrong hehe. Anyway, I can live with it. Got nothing to lose, it's only a game... and I've survived my previous few 72-hour sessions

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 21:08   #314
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Officila Planetarion Team Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmulian
Right to clarify things and give a bit of an update

1) NB3 was not the only person in #support with admins tools, he however was the only person to notice WA's pasting of password. NB3 has admitted his mistake, and as such the pateam are moving on from it. This is not a case to blame people , but to find a resolution.

2) Stopping the ticks was a decision taken byt the pateam, when we found out the full account of what had happened to fang. a meeting was called and we took the decision to the stop the ticks.
this time has allowed us to weigh up all the options available to resolved this situation and get the game running.

3) We now have a short list of options and are in discussions with fudge to implement 1 as soon as possible.

Thanks
1) So your team in #support is a bunch of idlers and you have decided to blame NB3 as a result. Easy way out I suppose?

2) Would any other alliance have gotten the same treatment? One ranked around 20th for example?

3) And it seems the option you have taken was.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmulian
In light of FaNG's decision we are hoping to have the ticks started this evening,

this however is subject to pa's normal timescales
Oh wow, you waited for Fang to sort the problem out themselves!

Dear god you people really are shit.

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 21:20   #315
RealJames
Retired at the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim
Jim, are u nice?? serioucly??

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 21:37   #316
Hurragutten

Hurragutten is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
Tonights event is also a result of a button PA didn't allow in r10, the "DELETE ACCOUNT" button. If they only put this button into the game it all would have never happened. And when WA joins the chan to ask them to delete him and he gets denied? Wtf is that for a thing to do? The only way to leave this game in my opinion must be to cheat(share login details in public chan with PA Team there i.e) .. It's really not a good way doing it, is it?
I do agree that there should be a delete account button. But as there isn't, we have to follow the game as it is.

This however does not justify WAs actions. He should have understood that pasting his login/pass could be abused. This action is like keeping the key to your appartment outside your door.

If WA wanted to leave the game he should just leave himself. He should just not log into his account. He could even post a "I'm leaving PA"-message. What is wrong with that option?
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 21:44   #317
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurragutten
He should have understood that pasting his login/pass could be abused. This action is like keeping the key to your appartment outside your door.
Well, I don't see why he shouldn't if he didn't want his appartment anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurragutten
If WA wanted to leave the game he should just leave himself. He should just not log into his account. He could even post a "I'm leaving PA"-message. What is wrong with that option?
The opposite will get hold of his roids and resources to covert-ops.
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 22:19   #318
Hexy

Quote:
I dont know you. From reading your replys if I had to base it on that only.. without getting to know you.. I would put you in the same egocentric arrogant catagory as Maddix... but I wont because that is an extreme that i reserve for only those I actually attempt to get to know and still face the knuckle dragging attitude of a true neanderthal. In a nutshell... dunno ya cant say that i lurves ya.
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 22:29   #319
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

read the announcement guys
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 22:54   #320
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddix
Care to enlighten us then , Mr Current Affairs?

Oh wait, you probably know about as much about this as you've ever done about anything PA related you've felt the need to provide your wisdom on, so we can ignore you then
I did not state that I was in a postion to comment on the affairs of WebAngel and FaNG, I merely stated that the probabliity of you talking out of your ass is extremely high.

To be perfectly honest, I don't know exactly what happened. (Refer to original post.)

But Maddix when have you?
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 22:58   #321
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
I didnt act for several reasons.

1. Mit asked me to not use my admin tools for a week or so, and i agreed. Oddly enough, i keep my word. As far as i am aware Mit has currently assumed 'charge' and as such all decisions need to be approved by him, so no-admin could have done anything for some time.

2. Getting abuse from fang players all evening doesnt make me want to help them in any way, especially when i spent 30+ hours in the last week investigating cheaters, to get in return....lots of abuse. Someone remind me why i do this job for free again please?

3. Fang decided to try and basically blackmail Planetarion last night, by threatening to leave with all their friends if they didnt get special treatment (such as the removal of people they dont like, and being moved into new alliances without having to wait 72 ticks like everyone else). Personally i told them they dont run Planetarion and to go away, but i can't speak for what mit has said since. (see point 1)

Personally, i think FanG are entirely to blame, since they and their HC's were going into public channels and pasting logins to try and get closed. How they are blaming just one person for this, i don't know.
I happen to not think that ticks should be stopped either, but as point 1 says, i appear to not be allowed to make decisions anymore.

At the end of the day, i wasnt allowed to react, and i certainly wasnt inclined to break my word for people who are downright abusive to me regularly. Personally i think you should be blaming the folks that wont let me act, but hey, thats your call.
Do I detect a hint of impartial judgement*, my dear NB3?

* Biased, prejudice, etc.
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 23:15   #322
RealJames
Retired at the top

Quote:
I dont know you. From reading your replys if I had to base it on that only.. without getting to know you.. I would put you in the same egocentric arrogant catagory as Maddix... but I wont because that is an extreme that i reserve for only those I actually attempt to get to know and still face the knuckle dragging attitude of a true neanderthal. In a nutshell... dunno ya cant say that i lurves ya.
Do I take it you don't agree with my points then?

Unread 8 Dec 2003, 23:15   #323
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I'm still laughing at this entire situation. I do not agree with the ticks being stopped however just do the actions of one man in one alliance. So what? There have been accounts of other alliances suffering from the actions of a few and ticks were not stopped then.

Oddly enough I have to agree with Zeus, by doing this, the PATeam must now do this for every alliance or it will make an entire mockery of the administration. What on earth have you let yourselves in for, PATeam?

FAnG should be ashamed of the actions of Webangel and if the blackmail rumours are true (from a PATeam member noless!) they should also be ashamed for anyone who dared to participate in such. This will be a taint upon your alliance name for rounds to come, and sadly the people who are true FAnG don't deserve it.

To you KJ, I offer my commiserations. In light of all info so far presented, I do not feel that you stepping down as FAnG CEO is necessary (tbh I never knew you were CEO in the first place :P Since when did FAnG turn into an Executive akin to Furyisque structure?). Your alliance has now been tainted, and I do believe you need to take action to punish those who attempt to bribe PA officials and get rid of stupid incompetent HC's (like WebAngel). "He is a friend" just wont cut it anymore - his actions brought the game to a standstill, for very little good reason.

I just know that if I was a member of FAnG right now, I would be disgusted at the recent events.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 23:54   #324
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Oddly enough I have to agree with Zeus, by doing this, the PATeam must now do this for every alliance or it will make an entire mockery of the administration. What on earth have you let yourselves in for, PATeam?

Disagree. As I said earlier this was an action without precedent which we had no set policy on due to the fact this situation is totally new this round. A team which let matters run on without knowing what their policy on the situation would be isn't much of a team at all. I hope everyone would be able to acknowledge this.

Last edited by JonnyBGood; 9 Dec 2003 at 00:01.
JonnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 01:00   #325
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
To you KJ, I offer my commiserations. In light of all info so far presented, I do not feel that you stepping down as FAnG CEO is necessary (tbh I never knew you were CEO in the first place :P Since when did FAnG turn into an Executive akin to Furyisque structure?). Your alliance has now been tainted, and I do believe you need to take action to punish those who attempt to bribe PA officials and get rid of stupid incompetent HC's (like WebAngel). "He is a friend" just wont cut it anymore - his actions brought the game to a standstill, for very little good reason.

I just know that if I was a member of FAnG right now, I would be disgusted at the recent events.
thx for the little support, beats the insults I seem to get non stop lately ...

Why should we bother about our rep that much? From the first tick of r7 till the last of r10, FAnG has always been one of those alliances pple love to hate. We always got shit over us on AD and tbh, this opinion has never ever changed.

Then again, we've grown to live we it, we often provoke it cause it's fun being the bad boys. Many call us arrogant twats etc ...

This will only add to the list of bargains we have to carry, we'll manage. What I do remember from FAnG every round is that we have firepower every round, and were able to fight with the top alliances (aside from r9). in r7/8 and 10, FAnG was at war with the top alliance. It's just a pity we're bad finishers cause this round proved once again that FAnG can uphold a leading position, and this not due to recruiting or cheating.

Then again, many of you do think we're a bunch of cheaters ....

I will not start my digs at PA team here, I'm sure they know my feelings towards them so no point in spamming it either.

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 01:09   #326
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

Quote:
To you KJ, I offer my commiserations. In light of all info so far presented, I do not feel that you stepping down as FAnG CEO is necessary
I'm sorry but I would have to disagree, how fangers could ever trust kj again after the events of sunday night. I think the revolt within fang proved this on sunday as all this happend.

Good luck to the fangers with whatever they do for the future, you guys didnt deserve this and neither did the name of FAnG.
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 01:20   #327
Epcylon

Epcylon is a glorious beacon of lightEpcylon is a glorious beacon of lightEpcylon is a glorious beacon of lightEpcylon is a glorious beacon of lightEpcylon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Disagree. As I said earlier this was an action without precedent which we had no set policy on due to the fact this situation is totally new this round. A team which let matters run on without knowing what their policy on the situation would be isn't much of a team at all. I hope everyone would be able to acknowledge this.
I'll throw in a comment here, because it seems nobody has bothered to do more than just mention it without much thought on the matter...

I understand that this was a new and unexpected situation, but by stopping ticks in order to "save" 130 or so Fang members, you have hurt about 8k other players... Now, a great many of those wont be hurt much if ticks resume where they were stopped, but alot will have had their carefully planned attacks go down the shitter. And I dare say there was alot more planets at eta 7 when ticks were stopped than there were Fang members in trouble (based on a quick guesstimate that EET was attacking around then, plus whoknows how many others not affiliated with either side of the current big war).

This is however typical of PA admins behaviour since R1. Screw the 90% in order to help the top 10% of the playerbase... and you people genuinely wonder why the playerbase keeps shrinking...

Given that ticks was stopped, this is the best way forward. But they should never have been stopped in the first place, since procedures should have been in place to avoid this... you've had 10 rounds to figure this stuff out, and you still haven't... makes me wonder tbh...
[R12]: HR free-pe0n | [R13-]: HR pe0n
Epcylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 01:37   #328
Maddix
Imposter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by QazokRouge5
But Maddix when have you?
Since I spoke to both NB3 and Kjeldoran?

Unread 9 Dec 2003, 01:40   #329
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epcylon
Given that ticks was stopped, this is the best way forward. But they should never have been stopped in the first place, since procedures should have been in place to avoid this... you've had 10 rounds to figure this stuff out, and you still haven't... makes me wonder tbh...
I think you're missing the point here. This is a novel situation which was not possible in previous rounds. Not stopping the game to give the situation it's due consideration would be an instance of gross negligence on our part. I think it's fair to say that this is the first time in the history of the game that a HC from an alliance, with the power to directly affect in-game approximately 130 people, has publically posted his in-game password which was then abused and exploited using the in-game mechanics damaging other paying customers. I can't recall a situation remotely comparable, can you?
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 01:41   #330
Ohm
none

Ohm is an unknown quantity at this point

Is Killmark still in FAnG ?
Ohm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 01:54   #331
Epcylon

Epcylon is a glorious beacon of lightEpcylon is a glorious beacon of lightEpcylon is a glorious beacon of lightEpcylon is a glorious beacon of lightEpcylon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I think you're missing the point here. This is a novel situation which was not possible in previous rounds. Not stopping the game to give the situation it's due consideration would be an instance of gross negligence on our part. I think it's fair to say that this is the first time in the history of the game that a HC from an alliance, with the power to directly affect in-game approximately 130 people, has publically posted his in-game password which was then abused and exploited using the in-game mechanics damaging other paying customers. I can't recall a situation remotely comparable, can you?
My point wasn't that you should have plans for this situation, but you should have plans for how to deal with unknown situations.. Fudge is on the payroll afaik, and should be contactable in these situations to come and deal with them as they happen.

Without checking the times atm, iirc WA did his thing at 23.20, that gives you a 40 minute window in order to deal with the situation without stopping ticks.

[EDIT: Checked now, saw he did it just before the tick..This makes it impossible for you to do anything that tick I concede, but again, you could have waited until the end of the next tick before taking the decicion to stop, which means you had a full hour instead of 40 mins]

Considering what many others are able to do in 40 minutes, something as simple as calling Fudge and getting those in PAteam that were online at the time together to discuss and act before the next tick should have been possible, if you had proper routines in place.

Considering you didn't have routines in place, you did what you could, and I see no fault in PA teams handling of it... but you should never have put yourself in that situation to begin with. That was my point.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have an exam in 12 hours, and was hoping to get atleast a few pages of the curriculum into my head by then..
[R12]: HR free-pe0n | [R13-]: HR pe0n
Epcylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 02:12   #332
tygercub
apathetic

tygercub can only hope to improve

I couldn't be bothered to read every post... had a chance to read some of them... got a good laugh at how seriously some people take this game... got an even bigger laugh when I realized that some of the people flaming WebAngel and FaNG are in their 20s or 30s... childs play, really.

Maybe I just don't care that much about a silly little game where we fly around attacking people. Of course, after losing 855 roids in 6-7 waves and being the top owned planet Saturday night, it's a little bit harder to care.

It's a game, sure, but it's also a community - maybe that's me being naive - but I would be hard pressed to want to associate with the majority of you who sit around flaming others for mistakes when we are all less-than-perfect ourselves (and sure, I'm guilty of having flamed people too). Some say the PA community is dying... it's no wonder... who wants to deal with constant criticism and flame wars and penis-measuring contests?

I personally want to thank WebAngel for his mistake. The tick stop gave me plenty of time to study for my income tax final. Thanks, mate.

NB: Maybe we should all take some time to tend to real life responsibilities when PA stops for a bit... instead of pointlessly sitting around flaming people. Read a book, take your dog for a walk, go out to dinner, sleep. Do SOMETHING constructive.
tygercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 02:35   #333
Hexy

tygercub guess i agree but Ill have to say that i spammed enough on this topic because unlike 90% of the PA community... i KNOW webangel .... or I like to think i do anyway... yep yep nice post.. and with that.. ill not reply to this thread again in hopes it just fades away into nothingness.
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 05:08   #334
waffle
Eclipse 4 Life

waffle is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
tygercub guess i agree but Ill have to say that i spammed enough on this topic because unlike 90% of the PA community... i KNOW webangel .... or I like to think i do anyway... yep yep nice post.. and with that.. ill not reply to this thread again in hopes it just fades away into nothingness.
Can you fade into nothingness?
<cheerios> just a heads up if you're drunk or summit
<[DC]waffle> fkin n00b
waffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 06:51   #335
virogenesis
Proud ex EnTitY bc

virogenesis is infamous around these partsvirogenesis is infamous around these parts

hear is what i think wheither you agree with me or not is another matter but thought i make my voice heard.

1. WA pays for accounts for ppl who he knows can't pay.... how many in pa do this?
2. WA asked for his account to be closed but got no luck he thought by breaking the agreement
Quote:
· Account Sharing: Allowing anyone besides yourself to access
your account or to access any account other than your own.
thats cheating....which would mean acount closure.......which is what he wanted
3. giving out u/p does not mean logging & causing chaos....its like leaving your front door open ok your prolly gonna get some one break in but hey why can't we live in a society where trust is gonna the up most importance .
4. zh|l learn how to flame will ya... (lets not see another r9 thread where i ask you question which you can not answer without making yourself look like a fook ok ?
5. I can't see a FAnG planet kicking the members themselves....as they would have less def which is just a waste of money.
6. Can't see ND, Dragons, Vision doing it either as they are fighting on the same side.
7. The person who logged into WA's account I assume is either neutral or hostile to FAnG due to damage they wanted to do.
8. The person prolly used a proxy which suggests they have prolly used one before suggesting they infact are a cheat anyway.
9. WA nor NB3 are to blame but the person who logged into WA's account somehow is... so why don't direct our flames at that person & also that person has prolly also bragged which also mean the ppl who are not willing to tell the team is also guilty.
10. NB3 knew the u/p was given out & not done bout it under certain curstances you should act on what you believe....I know what I would of done....
11. FAnG should not be allowed to change allies without the 72 hr limit thingy
12. WA should not be call a retard as he was only doing what he thought would get himself closed (in my eyes this was a protest & a very good one) .
13. If this problem ever comes up again they should just close the planet in question rather than stopping ticks as this is a one off.
14. The players need more of a say in matters *hint* *hint* i know its hard trying to please all..
15. Like stated the pa crew should not mertion names this has been brought up before NB3 was in the wrong.
16. The problem has been resolved which is what matters in the end i think (not fully sure)
17. Dreadn00b learn how to post intelligent posts rather than the lame fag...stuff
18. I kinda agree with Tomkat (hard to believe) as i normaly disagreed due to his flaming. (nice one mate )
19. Both hexy & tygercub are right very nice post from the two of you.
20. Zeus is a bloody god for sure hehe (he has shown his wisdom & gets my respect)
21. its a bloody game FFS just claim ur egos down a bit its not like pa will get you a girlfriend\boyfriend for being a uber elite player .

Last edited by virogenesis; 9 Dec 2003 at 07:18.
virogenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 10:58   #336
RealJames
Retired at the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
FAnG has always been one of those alliances pple love to hate. We always got shit over us on AD and tbh, this opinion has never ever changed.
I was Fury from R4 to R8 and Eclipse since that, I soooo know what it's like to be branded and prejudged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epcylon
This is however typical of PA admins behaviour since R1. Screw the 90% in order to help the top 10% of the playerbase... and you people genuinely wonder why the playerbase keeps shrinking...
Those 10% tend to be the dedicated players, those that organise and lead the big alliances and control the big planets, those that really make the game. The PAteam have to act in the best interests of the game now and for the future.
Quote:
This is a fair point. Perhaps abuse protection is required.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tygercub
I couldn't be bothered to read every post...
Ignorant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by virogenesis
9. WA nor NB3 are to blame but the person who logged into WA's account somehow is... so why don't direct our flames at that person & also that person has prolly also bragged which also mean the ppl who are not willing to tell the team is also guilty.
12. WA should not be call a retard as he was only doing what he thought would get himself closed (in my eyes this was a protest & a very good one) .
How can you defend WA? He acted irresponsibly, thoughtlessly, recklessly even and if he had not done what he did none of this would have been possible.

Unread 9 Dec 2003, 11:26   #337
RealJames
Retired at the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
Its a shame its all ended up so badly tnhough with one of teh bigegst alliances yet again leaving the game....
Whilst Kj's powertrip might mean that he pulls the name FAnG from the game I doubt all of the players will leave.

Unread 9 Dec 2003, 11:32   #338
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

As far as I see it that whole night was full of betrayal on the part of fang HC towards thier members and the only thing that PA team did wrong was not imediatly close WA's account and change the pw.

this has been a very sad time for fang and I think it has been discussed enought and I think kj standing is the correct thing to do.
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 11:35   #339
[DDK]gm

Quote:
Whilst Kj's powertrip might mean that he pulls the name FAnG from the game I doubt all of the players will leave.
idd what is probibly going to happen is a new alliance will be formed out of the core fangers, kj has no influence on what they do anymore, that much is clear from the log of the fang meeting on sunday.
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 11:37   #340
RealJames
Retired at the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm
this has been a very sad time for fang and I think it has been discussed enought and I think kj standing is the correct thing to do.
The last thing Kj should do is stand down. FAnG require leadership right now, they need Kj to lead them back from this incident and back to being a credible force.

Unread 9 Dec 2003, 11:42   #341
[DDK]gm

Fangers found out that they were being deleted from the alliance when they went to try to kick KJ from the ingame alliance. thats how strongly they felt betrayed by him.
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 11:50   #342
[DDK]gm

I think LB|away, SD, Irvine, Azreal and behemoth could do the job, LB should rename it FAnG|away... I know he wants to :P
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 11:50   #343
Zeus
True Gamer

Zeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the rough

Just want to say to all the fangers. You have had an unfortunate time of it recently, PATeam have been extremely kind in giving their solution in my opinion. You have another chance, so take it and keep your alliance togeather and show all the other alliance that FAng never gives up and can overcome even the most hardest of problems AND succeed!
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 11:57   #344
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

FAnG will succeed. Just in another game that doesnt have these "glitches" in the chain of command both in PA team and FAnG.
I am Idler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 14:07   #345
Maddix
Imposter?

Quote:
I couldn't be bothered to read every post... had a chance to read some of them... got a good laugh at how seriously some people take this game...
Quite rich coming from you...

Quote:
Maybe I just don't care that much about a silly little game where we fly around attacking people. Of course, after losing 855 roids in 6-7 waves and being the top owned planet Saturday night, it's a little bit harder to care.
Ah that makes more sense, you don't care since Saturday! What a change of heart a bit of roiding can make

Unread 9 Dec 2003, 14:14   #346
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

tygercub being a sore loser?

tough luck
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 14:16   #347
RealJames
Retired at the top

Quote:
idd what is probibly going to happen is a new alliance will be formed out of the core fangers, kj has no influence on what they do anymore, that much is clear from the log of the fang meeting on sunday.
I wish these players who were pawns in megalomanic handbag fight the very best.

Unread 9 Dec 2003, 14:21   #348
Zeus
True Gamer

Zeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
You really make me laugh zeus

Firstly you incinuate that teh solution opens the gates for anyone to d this in some twisted attempt to get the game rolled back (which is beyond em as to why anyone would do that)

Then you incinuate it was webangel who did it (again someone who has helped establish an alliance as a froce for teh round will hardly do that).

Now you incinuate they are kindly being given a second chance.

Imo this is a little too little a little too late - this shows where pa has got to in my opinion.

Rumad, I dont agree with what has happened, nor how it happened nor the purposed solution. But I didnt have the full information on how things happened, just the info given in this thread. As I dont make decision for PA anymore, I like you have to reply on the information given on the forums, which we all know is sometimes small truths or lies. I did say it will set a presedent and stopping ticks for everyone in the universe was not a wise one in my opinion.

I did not incinuate it was webangel who "did it" I mearly asked the question please read the below quote to clearify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus
Concidering WA had already decided to quit PA during the FAng meeting, or perhaps even before it. Is everyone so sure it wasnt WA who kicked everyone from FANG ingame alliance, as he perhaps at the time was sure fang is no more?

I ask the question as it is possible and I havent seen WA state clearly he did not take this action before or after he pasted his L/P in #support.
As it says I simple asked the question as I went by the info on this thread and nowhere did it say WA didnt kick everyone from ingame alliance himself. A simple question is not to incinuate nor insult someone elses reputation and to make it perfectly clear. I was NOT incinuating.

Once again you use the word incinuate. Strange really. You could argue pateam fecked things up for fang by not including the "delete planet" button. You could say the same pateam fecked up by not acting on it fast enough. You could say its WA's fault for being so stupid and pasting his L/P on irc channels. You could say the other fang memebers who followed WA line and pasted their L/P was stupid and wrong also.

Fact is, its done, everyone had a part to play in this, its done, its over, now pick up the pieces and get on with it. In many people opinions, and depeneding on who you care to blame, the solution provided is certainly not ideal, but Fang can still continue, fang memebers thankfully dont have to go 72hrs without eachothers protection, fang memebers are getting put back into their alliances AND they are even being given the choice if they wish to or not.

We all knew there was no delete button from the beginning of the round, so did WA. WA didnt know NB3 couldnt act immediately and close his account, as NB3 stated, he was told not to use admin tools. However fact remains, because of WA actions, perhaps in the heat of the moment etc.... he caused a series of events which effected the whole universe, which didnt need to happen in the first place.

I still say, Fang have been given a second chance. PaTeam could VERY easily say no, we are not doing anything. Fang HC breeched the security on his account by pasting his L/P, and caused this to happen to all the fang memebers. Im sure he regrets it now and he never meant for all this to happen, but it did...bottom line.

Fang can now continue on the round without loosing 72hrs of protection, which in my opinion is excellent for them, sure they lost a HC, but he quit of his own accord, I just dont want to see such a longterm alliance like fang quite of the actions of one individual and a sequence of events. And if WA or any Fang memeber think I, as some people think biased for or against fang, then I clearly state now you are wrong and ask you to post publically why I would be so. Kjeldoran implied I was biased also because I asked a question which wasnt asked before in this thread. Guys please dont take and open mind questioning along a different line than your own or your allinace as biaseness.

Rumad you then go onto "this is too little too late" preytell, what you mean? Then what, in your wisedom and knowing the facts, would you have done when all fang memebers where kicked from there alliances ingame? How would you have resolved this from the point of alliance memebers being kicked.

P.S now someone spell check this for me I cant be bothered

Last edited by Zeus; 9 Dec 2003 at 14:33.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 16:23   #349
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Fangers found out that they were being deleted from the alliance when they went to try to kick KJ from the ingame alliance. thats how strongly they felt betrayed by him.
first of all, this wasn't Kj's decision, I just gave the msg to the members cause happened to be the CEO at that time. Then, Sickdeath, Azrael, LB will all support me and stay. those that left are the quitters, like you GM and now Irv and bleen etc.

Just so you know, the name FAnG will always be mine and LEFF's. I've talked to those who were pissed off (things you again have no clue about). You left FAnG a month ago. you're no FAnGer, never will be again, and you have absolutely no clue what's goin on atm.

I suggest you stop talkin nonsence and first make sure your facts are correct.

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 16:26   #350
Hexy

STOP THIS INSANITY! ITS OVER! ITS DONE! MOVE FORWARD! OR DO LIKE I DID AND JUST LEAVE THE GAME!