User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 13 Nov 2003, 21:10   #101
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future
Re: Joker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storebo
Most where clueless about this bug.. And this is not just a Elysium secret tho. And what does it say about quality if our score is evenly distributed over about 100 members instead of 10 good and rest sucky?
Its funny to see how this alliance ranking affects arguments used fro the different sides. The first half of the round FAnG was considered to be the biggest alliance roidwise and the opposition claimed that FAnG was nothing but a shitty alliance with no quality but numbers. At that time ely had the two tops spot on the planet ranking and claimed the winner would be the alliance dominating the planet ranking. FAnG on the other hand claimed that the allianceranking would show the true winner. Now tides has changed, but the arguments stands the same, although they have jumped sides :-)
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 21:16   #102
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts

Hmm did any of you news scan the average ely planet?

I guess not.

Just watch 2/3 fleets going to c22+ all the time.

Bashing noobs can be quite efficient to gain cheap roids..
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 22:08   #103
Jurgen
The Ðragon

Jurgen can only hope to improve

to ohm... yes I saw that bug happening before and reported it every time... I couldn't understand how it happened thought it was a bug in scans or summit. Also did not have prooves good enough since it wasn't properly investigated.

[00:12] <[Ely]Racer> so "everyone" knew bout it.. noone reported it..
[00:12] <[FAnG]LEFF> i dont know
[00:12] <[FAnG]LEFF> HOW
[00:12] <[FAnG]LEFF> it works
[00:12] <[Sera]Ladybug> I didn't know til today
[00:12] <Rob> i didn't know about it until just now
[00:12] <[Dragons]Tuho> i just found out as well
[00:12] <[Sera]darts> 1st time heard about it
[00:12] <[FAnG]LEFF> i just knew that a few guys were doin it

Seems like racer knew about it...
And he even thought every1 else knew about it also...
If he thought that I'm pretty sure other elysium hc's atleast knew about it. How the hell could he otherwice think every1 knew it.
I can say... I didn't know there was a bug that teleports ur fleet back to home before yesterday. I saw that happening, but thought it was bug in scans or summit like that. (and reported it all those 3 times I saw it used)
The Forsakenlands - The Ðragon
Together we stand divided we fall.
--
Used to be a Wolf - When you once see a Wolf you are already surrounded.
Jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 23:04   #104
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
As I say anything that gives an unfair advantage is wrong. Just because you get away with it doesn't mean you are clever. As for round 5 farming was illegal so yes they were wrong (farming was made illegal round 4 incidentally when Xcaliburs gal had systematic ingal farming I believe).

Before that point it was illegal to multi to farm and round 9 till user agrrement was changed for ship farming.

The rules develop and it may not be written, but as I say don't see the people that abused this bug any better than chaeters. It goes against everything the word community stands for to exploit it.
One word "clueless"

r3 was the round of the donation"bug", pirvate galaxybug was abused (swapping)
r4 was the round of ingal farming, donations was removed tho a signup bug was abused (stronghold clusters)
r5 was the round of pyramidfarming (salvagebug ? might be r4 tho)
r6 was the round of farmgalaxies
r7 farming roids was illegal farming ships was legal
r8 farming was like in r7 illegal
r9 additionally shipfarming was forbidden aswell.
r9.5 multiround
r10 buground (there are like 10 i know off not to mention all the "features" which dont work out properly)

If you try to make a point atleast try to get the facts straight.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 00:28   #105
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
Its funny to see how this alliance ranking affects arguments used fro the different sides. The first half of the round FAnG was considered to be the biggest alliance roidwise and the opposition claimed that FAnG was nothing but a shitty alliance with no quality but numbers. At that time ely had the two tops spot on the planet ranking and claimed the winner would be the alliance dominating the planet ranking. FAnG on the other hand claimed that the allianceranking would show the true winner. Now tides has changed, but the arguments stands the same, although they have jumped sides :-)
Personally I'd say the alliance ranking is the one that really counts as for winning alliance. No alliance hc gets a price for having best planet. Allthough it shows some skill from the alliance to maintain the top position.

But the quality bit i stated to that less inteligent guy who belived 10 top guys and rest shit is the way to go alliance wise.
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 01:32   #106
Anihilat0r
Supreme ETY Pe0n

Anihilat0r is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Actually.. I'm pretty sure farming was made illegal in round 7. Before that there was no rules against it... It was just morally wrong :P
They made u unable to send pods ingal tho in round 5.
Then in round 6 they made u unable to send hostile ships at all ingal.
Actually in round 7 you could still send attacking ships in galaxy (not pods).
I know this because my galaxy and I destroyed a planet in my galaxy that betrayed me and my alliance by joining Iliad/Legion and giving them all our galaxy information.
He was given another planet by Legion of course. We did our best to destroy that too.
It was particularly easy to find, since he liked to defend it with his original planet (in my gal).
Oh and he worked for me in real life, so the tension at work was real nice...

'Just a bunch of harmless n00bs'
Anihilat0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 01:35   #107
Anihilat0r
Supreme ETY Pe0n

Anihilat0r is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen
to ohm... yes I saw that bug happening before and reported it every time... I couldn't understand how it happened thought it was a bug in scans or summit. Also did not have prooves good enough since it wasn't properly investigated.

[00:12] <[Ely]Racer> so "everyone" knew bout it.. noone reported it..
[00:12] <[FAnG]LEFF> i dont know
[00:12] <[FAnG]LEFF> HOW
[00:12] <[FAnG]LEFF> it works
[00:12] <[Sera]Ladybug> I didn't know til today
[00:12] <Rob> i didn't know about it until just now
[00:12] <[Dragons]Tuho> i just found out as well
[00:12] <[Sera]darts> 1st time heard about it
[00:12] <[FAnG]LEFF> i just knew that a few guys were doin it

Seems like racer knew about it...
And he even thought every1 else knew about it also...
If he thought that I'm pretty sure other elysium hc's atleast knew about it. How the hell could he otherwice think every1 knew it.
I can say... I didn't know there was a bug that teleports ur fleet back to home before yesterday. I saw that happening, but thought it was bug in scans or summit like that. (and reported it all those 3 times I saw it used)
Funny, seems to me that Racer was simply stating the situation as he saw it. Nothing there implies prior knowledge (yes I have read the meeting log).

'Just a bunch of harmless n00bs'
Anihilat0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 02:57   #108
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
r5 was the round of pyramidfarming (salvagebug ? might be r4 tho)
Salvagebug was r4 where we had those nifty fleets of pointless spiders flying around the universe as mobile crystal donations heh.
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 10:00   #109
LEFF|pm
Lord of the Boards

LEFF|pm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Actually.. I'm pretty sure farming was made illegal in round 7. Before that there was no rules against it... It was just morally wrong :P
They made u unable to send pods ingal tho in round 5.
Then in round 6 they made u unable to send hostile ships at all ingal.
Then could you please explain this to me:

I 4M SQUIRREL!!!!11 7:8:4 4:9:10 (5) Attack -- -- 800
I 4M SQUIRREL!!!!11 7:8:4 4:9:10 (6) Attack -- -- 1000

Touriquet did defend elysium and got defence by elysium only a few ticks ago... so why your current top player is attacking him now? Its really not my intention to imply, that elysium is not able to defend his members whithout using the recall bug any longer.... but somehow it is remarkable to see a loyal elysium member kicked all of a sudden and the same elysium Planet he defended so raping him now together with all the FAnGs just to get a few free roids from his alliancemate...

Last edited by LEFF|pm; 14 Nov 2003 at 11:12.
LEFF|pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 10:29   #110
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
Never heard of you.
says more about u then him
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 10:44   #111
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
r4 was the round of ingal farming, donations was removed tho a signup bug was abused (stronghold clusters)
Didn´t we have paralels in r4 ?
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 12:35   #112
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Yes but there was massive signup abuse to build strongholds (C46 LDK) unfortunately it backfired on them when Spinner annouced there would be parrallels.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 12:45   #113
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
Yes but there was massive signup abuse to build strongholds (C46 LDK) unfortunately it backfired on them when Spinner annouced there would be parrallels.
yes and there was this cluster between 70-90 we all called "botsheaven"
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 12:53   #114
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
I am soorry rob but i don't agree. Anyone in the war side of the game knows when people have extra resources.

Rounds I have played in I can point out the most likely suspects of multi'ing, I can point out who was the best person to ask for defence off because of there constant ability to get defence through "sms" and I knew when players had too many fleets.

I am sorry but a good BC - one who is organising will know EXACTLY where fleets are and what they are doing.

HC's shoudl almost dfefinitely know the same.

Perhaps I am biased from the way I worked within my alliances as a BC and a HC, but I really think what you are saying is wrong, but I guess we all have our own point of views
thats why fang did always so well ? because you knew exactly where EVERY member at ANY time has his fleets ? (reminds me of RB r3 )
Now another bit of news to you "recalls".
Defence pulls defenders get mailed recall and can resend. Now (PAX) its usual daywork to go out with your fleet 3-4 times during the day if you are around.
Same goes for attacks (recall point is now eta 4h so its 3-4 h back depending when you pull).
A conclusion from this 2 things: fleets are more often home and you can offer them more often.
Another difference to "old PA" comes now from the fact that you can use all ships to defend and not only fi/co and ofc that you have action spread over 24h of the day while in the past you had only less then 12h with any considerable action.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 14:43   #115
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

1 1 Eclipse 145099 68.658.026
2 1 FAnG 147503 67.580.413
3 2 Elysium 139307 66.669.109

I take it some bug abusers got closed now?
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 15:29   #116
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
I take it some bug abusers got closed now?
Only one Ely planet was closed for abuse of the bug. He has been removed along with several inactive members.
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 16:08   #117
LEFF|pm
Lord of the Boards

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtothez
Only one Ely planet was closed for abuse of the bug. He has been removed along with several inactive members.
...and these inactive members got roided by the more active ones.... anyone interested feel free to newsscan Das Fhurer of Battlehurst... you will see that he just got 650 roids from one of these "inactive members" who remarkably did defend an elysium planet ingal against FAnG when he got roided by elysium....
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 16:54   #118
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFF|pm
...and these inactive members got roided by the more active ones.... anyone interested feel free to newsscan Das Fhurer of Battlehurst... you will see that he just got 650 roids from one of these "inactive members" who remarkably did defend an elysium planet ingal against FAnG when he got roided by elysium....
I dont find it anywhere written that its forbidden to roid kicked members (note they defended ingal because maybe they have friends there? harsh concept i know or because they value galaxy > alliance now that they got kicked)
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 16:55   #119
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

/me nods at rumad good post, hf at work, was merely correcting you or stateing a different view.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 19:08   #120
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal2112
Hmm did any of you news scan the average ely planet?

I guess not.

Just watch 2/3 fleets going to c22+ all the time.

Bashing noobs can be quite efficient to gain cheap roids..
That's what I've done for a few days as well.

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 21:49   #121
LEFF|pm
Lord of the Boards

Quote:
I dont find it anywhere written that its forbidden to roid kicked members (note they defended ingal because maybe they have friends there? harsh concept i know or because they value galaxy > alliance now that they got kicked)
Looks like I was indeed wrong here. I just had a chat with Touriquet, and it seems as he really didnt know what happend hisself. He just was not very active lately and therfore got kicked and roided from his former alliance mates...

Its still debatable in morally terms but it obviously was not farming... Sorry for this
Unread 15 Nov 2003, 02:32   #122
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFF|pm
Looks like I was indeed wrong here. I just had a chat with Touriquet, and it seems as he really didnt know what happend hisself. He just was not very active lately and therfore got kicked and roided from his former alliance mates...

Its still debatable in morally terms but it obviously was not farming... Sorry for this
Might not be morally.. but I guess it is tempting to roid people who are unactive and with no alliance.
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote