User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 12 Nov 2003, 08:20   #1
a211313059

a211313059 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is it possible??

Hi everyone..potential Noob question ahead....

I have just recieved an attack that looks like it was launched, reported and executed in one tick. The report I recieved was:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hostile 1340 - We have detected an open jumpgate from Fleet 1, located at XXX:1:6. The fleet will approach our system in tick 1340 and appears to have roughly 33 ships.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To me this looks like it was launched in 1340, reported in 1340, it attacked in 1340 and then left (with me having a much smaller fleet). I have looked at the Tech Tree and there are no tech advances that include stealth or Ultra fast ship transit times.

Is this a bug or an exploit??? Anyone have any idea on how this could be done (I am interested in returning the "complement" of my attacker by contributing to his salvage collection...).

Thanks

A211313059
a211313059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2003, 08:27   #2
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Is it possible??

how do you even remember your nickname
I am Idler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2003, 08:53   #3
AllFather|away
Big Kahuna

AllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really nice

he slaps the keyboard around with his schlong, as its so small and pointy, he gets it right everytime. (or so leshy tells me <3 )

DTA
Support the liberation of "AllFather"
AllFather|away is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2003, 10:43   #4
a211313059

Cool Re: Is it possible??

I actually laid my schlong along the keyboard all at once and it covered from the "A" key all the way across to the "9" key..and then to the enter key...on the slack...

Now that we have that "Large" detail out of the way, any answers regarding the purpose of this thread ???

a211313059
Unread 12 Nov 2003, 10:49   #5
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
how do you even remember your nickname
It's his password!
Unread 12 Nov 2003, 10:58   #6
a211313059

Heh...nice try, fail.. The password is another 11 alphanumeric... Why people cant remeber a simple 11 or 12 digit combination is beyond me..But even with the Number/Letter combinations I STILL get spam mail.

a211313059
Unread 12 Nov 2003, 11:33   #7
Yam
root vegetable.

Yam is an unknown quantity at this point

lol i havent heard the word "schlong" in ages

jus thought id let y'all know :ĴP
Unread 12 Nov 2003, 19:24   #8
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

a211313059 is possibly the worst name ever, a211313058, however, has potential
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2003, 20:33   #9
kaos
peon

kaos is an unknown quantity at this point

"pax is bug free"
and i thought they would be coding this game since over 3 years and still dun have a fckin clue how to code ... n/c
Unread 12 Nov 2003, 22:45   #10
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This game was coded from scratch, afaik, so it's possible bugs remain. However, you must admit its better than most other rounds, in terms of bugs.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 00:05   #11
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
This game was coded from scratch, afaik, so it's possible bugs remain. However, you must admit its better than most other rounds, in terms of bugs.
Well, the bugs that arise nowadays have a bigger impact on the game(play) than the ones in previous rounds i think. (Also the reason why ticker has stopped now )

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 00:30   #12
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

and t only took 16 hrs to be noticed

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 00:31   #13
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllFather|away
(or so leshy tells me <3 )
Why do men on this forum keep feeling the need to express their love for me? This is very disturbing
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 00:50   #14
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
Why do men on this forum keep feeling the need to express their love for me? This is very disturbing
You beeing ghey might have something to do with it?
Now go With AllFather to fincken..
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 08:05   #15
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
Now go With AllFather to fincken..
:eek: naughty german word detected:eek:

Glad they didn't tested this "feature" on my planet though
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 11:45   #16
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
Not outside of your dreams, boy.
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 15:04   #17
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by a211313059
Hi everyone..potential Noob question ahead....

I have just recieved an attack that looks like it was launched, reported and executed in one tick. The report I recieved was:
Hostile 1340 - We have detected an open jumpgate from Fleet 1, located at XXX:1:6. The fleet will approach our system in tick 1340 and appears to have roughly 33 ships.
To me this looks like it was launched in 1340, reported in 1340, it attacked in 1340 and then left (with me having a much smaller fleet). I have looked at the Tech Tree and there are no tech advances that include stealth or Ultra fast ship transit times.

Is this a bug or an exploit??? Anyone have any idea on how this could be done (I am interested in returning the "complement" of my attacker by contributing to his salvage collection...).

Thanks

A211313059
This was the result of one of the exploits that was fixed and/or made useless during the tick-stop and therefore shouldn't happen again. If anyone does experience something like this happening after ticks re-start please contact us via the Support system.
http://www.planetarion.com/index.php?module=support
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 20:31   #18
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts

this is a completely made up bug.

first; look at the guys nick,

second; look at his registration date.

third; all say 'hi xtothez nice try now fk off'
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 21:52   #19
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

What the ****'s he got to do with me you rampant attention whore?
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 03:00   #20
Beholder
Cheesehead

Beholder is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio
Well, the bugs that arise nowadays have a bigger impact on the game(play) than the ones in previous rounds i think. (Also the reason why ticker has stopped now )
Let's have a rollback

R2: TFD
R3: TFD
R4: TFD (DDS)
R5: TFD / Xanadu (XDS)
R6: TFD
R7: didn't play
R8: TFD (DDS) [Supposedly last round of PA wasn't it?]
R9: w00t????
R:10 n00b
Beholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2003, 23:32   #21
a211313059

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal2112

In response to the three point Jackass2112..

1. Err...No it isn't..you didn't notice the slight COMPLETE stoppage of the server to fix the exploit ????
2.WTF is wrong with my nick??
Just because I hadn't previously
Unread 15 Nov 2003, 23:35   #22
a211313059

Quote:

In response to the three points raised by Jackass2112..

1. Err...No it isn't..you didn't notice the slight COMPLETE stoppage of the server to fix the exploit ????
2. WTF is wrong with my nick??
3. Just because I hadn't previously registered in the forum doesn't mean that I cant. I signed on for the game only days prior, hence it is a Nov 2003 registration date for the forum..

next time, ask a question before launch crap around. It will stop you looking like an idiot..

A211313059
Unread 15 Nov 2003, 23:54   #23
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
MrBrick disagrees.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2003, 04:23   #24
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Quote:

1. It's not a made up bug, but it's fixed now.
2. ooh... looks like my nick but with a whole lot more numbers on it
3. November 2003 - How nice. Welcome to the forums