User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 00:10   #51
Noodles
Oriental Foodstuff

Noodles is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: [=V= ][Official] ViruS Annoucement [=V=]

Very sad to hear of ViruS' departure from Planetarion, especially considering they were the first 'real' alliance I ever joined, way back at the start of R3.

Good luck in your future exploits guys.

[email protected]
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 00:11   #52
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

The roots established well into round 1. Through constant makeovers during the following rounds it turned out to be a decent alliance in round 3, with various top100 players and 2 top10 players at one time.
Then it got sloppy... Things stagnated, and the complete breakdown was inevitable:

"The Split"

Arguably one of the most notorious splits in PA. Probably functioned as example for Biggdogg and his WP crew . A big part of the core decided to recreate Xanadu, and left ViruS to die. I personally never thought ViruS would survive that, but Irvine really did some magic getting things back on track.
It is a sad thing that we never got to work together again. (I blame Irvine for that, Aanf knows I've always been pro-ViruS ).

Anyway, it's sad to see an alliance with such a long history go. The learning school of many top-players... Now on a resting place with the other legends.

- Scorpio

R3 ViruS Fleet Commander
R3 ViruS PotU-Squad Leader (Still the best squad ever in ViruS, or perhaps even in PA..)

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 00:17   #53
Irvine
ViruS

Irvine is an unknown quantity at this point

This is a very sad day!

I am sure the ViruS name will be always remembered!
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 00:20   #54
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Oh yes... Almost forgot:

The first official ViruS banner

— Scorpio
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 00:24   #55
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio
Oh yes... Almost forgot:

Heh I remember using that as my galaxy banner in r3. You don't happen to have the other banners which were put on Darkevil's(?) site back then do you?
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 00:24   #56
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Oh yes... Almost forgot:

hehe, how things have changed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 00:27   #57
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge5
Heh I remember using that as my galaxy banner in r3. You don't happen to have the other banners which were put on Darkevil's(?) site back then do you?
nope sorry
I'll see if i can get a hold of DE ...

— Scorpio
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 00:31   #58
Irvine
ViruS

Irvine is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
The roots established well into round 1. Through constant makeovers during the following rounds it turned out to be a decent alliance in round 3, with various top100 players and 2 top10 players at one time.
Then it got sloppy... Things stagnated, and the complete breakdown was inevitable:

"The Split"

Arguably one of the most notorious splits in PA. Probably functioned as example for Biggdogg and his WP crew . A big part of the core decided to recreate Xanadu, and left ViruS to die. I personally never thought ViruS would survive that, but Irvine really did some magic getting things back on track.
It is a sad thing that we never got to work together again. (I blame Irvine for that, Aanf knows I've always been pro-ViruS ).

Anyway, it's sad to see an alliance with such a long history go. The learning school of many top-players... Now on a resting place with the other legends.

- Scorpio

R3 ViruS Fleet Commander
R3 ViruS PotU-Squad Leader (Still the best squad ever in ViruS, or perhaps even in PA..)

Scorpio,

You just posted before I did!!!

Yes, a good group of ViruS that remained did a great job in helping me re-build ViruS! I will give a special mention to my right hand man Zuper! - Was a great number 2 and friend!

R3 was one of my fav rounds - rebuilding a great alliance!
and boy it was hard work, another great moment was when we allied with Fury.

I have so many great memories from this alliance!

I could not have wished for a better HC to have worked with me during my time as Chief Executive of ViruS :-

Zuper
Ghost
Eldarion
TheRand
Ivan
Rabbagast
Biggie
Viper
Adam
Aaranaf
Ladybug

Oh and Scorp, we needed to show PA that we did not need Xanadu, hence we made our own future, and that future did not lie with xanadu.
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 00:32   #59
Pars
alive and kickin'

Pars is an unknown quantity at this point

Being an Virus old-timer, I was with you from r4 straight until r8 and thru quite a bit ups and downs, but (almost) always was fun.
While I felt I had to move on after Seraphim was founded, I still have many fond memories of my days (shock - years?) in Virus.

Sad to see you go.

- Pars
Seraphim HC
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 00:52   #60
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umk2
to Zhil and parracida, congrats for attempting turning this post into another moronic AD flame thread. noone gives a shit about either of you correcting the past or trying to bring it down because you have nothing better to do or you want to make your former alliances look better. this is an alliance quit thread, but it doesnt surprise me it got turned into a flame match. get a life, and stfu ta (and Iam the one who doesnt care what YOU have to say since i dont play PA anymore and probably will never look at this thread again). RIP ViruS
Well sorry for correcting what I believed to be mistakes. I suppose I should claim that I ruled Fury, not Sid and that ViruS were my puppets in a quitting post also. Hey, it would be a quit thread and to ruin it would be "lame".

If they don't want people to post comments about them, then they should not post a thread. It's that simple. I have no "need" stfu, why don't you rather than contribute nothing except a flame based around nothing but a misguided perception that quit threads are out of bounds for disagreements of opinion?

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 01:22   #61
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough

I remember how proud i was when i tagged my gal for the first time in r4, shortly after we allied Fury iirc

Had a great time for a round and a half, even if it was possibly one of Virus's worst rounds...and how pissed i was for a while when Irv came back in r5 and i got kicked after venting my opinion about certain HC's getting booted
Many fun hours it was....oooooh yes
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 01:27   #62
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

hate to see u guys leave

Good luck guys

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 02:47   #63
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Another one bites the dust :-(
Waving goodbye to old adversaries and friends seems to be the trend the past few rounds :-(

Repect to you Virus and to all who sailed in her this round and the past rounds, playing beside and/or against you was a pleasure.

Mistwraith
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 03:08   #64
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine
bleh
I must say hello to you Irvine, tho I doubt you remember me...
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 04:08   #65
Eventh
Retired?

Eventh is an unknown quantity at this point

not many left from the vvomm block in round 9
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 04:46   #66
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eventh
indeed...actually it's just Vision that's left :eek:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 05:11   #67
Planes_Walker

Planes_Walker is an unknown quantity at this point

RIP Virus, have always had respect for you! even wanted to join you guys at one point.
Round 6 : 11:13:15 [WP]
Round 7 : 9:24:9 [WP]
Round 8 : 33:7:1 [WP]
Round 9 : 29:10:9 [WP] / [Eclipse]
Round 9.5 : 21:1:22 [Eclipse]
Round 10 : X:X:X [Eclipse]
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 05:13   #68
Goatsemaster
Just like science!

Goatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureWrath
indeed...actually it's just Vision that's left :eek:
Save the best for last etc
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 06:17   #69
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eventh

not too many left in pa period.

As I told aaranaf its quite simply a matter of the game getting boreing (due to various aspects less players caused by p2p, rather large powerblocks..) people find new games which peak there intrest or devote more time to there real life I'll give PA 1 thing thou it saved on my pocket book from the nights outings It seems Since I've gotten back home and not playing I've been spending about $100 a week at the clubs and other things :/ .

I helped out a bit in ViruS this round, sad to see my first Alliance fade away but alas all good things must come to a end PA did a long time ago.

hope everyone whos still playing hafe fun and play nice
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 06:41   #70
Hallava

Hallava is an unknown quantity at this point

Proud to have been ViruS in its ups and downs.

<[V|EX]Viper> NO EXCUSES, get ur gals sorted immediately, if ur not in a hostile gal, leave immediately, we will find u a good gal

<[V]Yupsukka> when will u guys believe that !launched xx doesn't work?
<Privateer> it doesn't
<Privateer> but someone told me to do it.

[18:43] <[Vx]GabeZ> lo
[18:43] <[Vx]GabeZ> anybody want to share tactics with me here ?
[18:45] <AWAY> build a big ship and attack someone

[23:14] <[i]PW> how many in v-lounge right now
[23:15] <[i]PW> cheeky muppet
[23:15] <[V]Koyochi|busy> hmm more or less around 100
[23:15] <[i]PW> is that includin i bot

* [V]Yeggstry smells a munity

[00:33] <[V|HBC]Cataclaw> And for all of you that havent stopped bugging me about the damn poll results
[00:33] <[V|HBC]Cataclaw> here we go:
[00:33] <[V|HBC]Cataclaw> HOLY SHIT, fire alarm
[00:33] <[V|HBC]Cataclaw> BRB

[15:08] <[V]Darkangel> I NEED MY FIX OF TICKS FFS

etc.
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 07:35   #71
Borgoroth
Reunion

Borgoroth is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: [=V= ][Official] ViruS Annoucement [=V=]

Sad to see ViruS go. Great exectutives, great officers and what is most important great members. Had fun.
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 07:50   #72
Kefalos
[=V= ViruS =V=]

Kefalos is an unknown quantity at this point

I been with virus thru many rounds, they put up with my highly emotional behavior and even with some disagreement from members, HC held there ground and never lost there faith in me. Aaranaf and Adam you guys rock! Aaranaf you took me in round 7 and made me an officer when xanadu folded, we had become good friends many rounds before that thru are canadian roots ViruS was more of an alliance to me but i place of community the people there are great. I well show a log of one of my many memories in virus.

PART ONE:

[07:35] * Quits: [V|DC]Dreamzzzzzzzzzzzz (Local kill by [V|EX]Aaranaf (suck on this))
[07:35] <Kefalos> \o\ \o/ /o/
[07:36] <[Tech]Yeggstry> thank **** for that
[07:36] <[V|EX]Aaranaf> nn
[07:36] <[V|EX]Aaranaf> tell him i love him when he gets back
[07:36] * [V|EX]Aaranaf changes topic to ':: Mail/PM Co-ords to Fletcher and fan mail ASAP :: be sure to check recruitment forums to see if any mates are applying || thalira / bigwolf / pm Adam happy bday wg IT IS I LOVE DREAMY DAY '
[07:36] <[Tech]Yeggstry> heh
[07:37] <[V|EX]Aaranaf> i will shit a brick if thats not there tomorrow when i get home from shcool
[07:37] <[V|EX]Aaranaf> now
[07:37] <[V|EX]Aaranaf> as entertaining as it may be watchin me trying to shit a brick
[07:37] <[V|EX]Aaranaf> itll hurt
[07:37] <[V|EX]Aaranaf> and you dun want poor naf naf being hurt now do you ?
[07:37] <[V|EX]Aaranaf> good
[07:37] <[V|EX]Aaranaf> i didnt think so
[07:37] <[V|EX]Aaranaf> so
[07:37] <[V|EX]Aaranaf> with that
[07:37] <[V|EX]Aaranaf> night
[07:37] <[Tech]Yeggstry> heh
[07:38] <[Tech]Yeggstry> whatever
[07:38] <[V|EX]Aaranaf> damnit yeggy
[07:38] <[V|EX]Aaranaf>
[07:38] <[Tech]Yeggstry> what??!!
[07:38] <[V|EX]Aaranaf> your gonna change it
[07:38] <[V|EX]Aaranaf> i konw it !
[07:38] <[V|EX]Aaranaf> SOMEONE WILL
[07:38] <[Tech]Yeggstry> change what??
[07:38] <[V|EX]Aaranaf> THE TOPIC
[07:38] <[V|EX]Aaranaf> "i love deramy day"
[07:38] <[V|EX]Aaranaf> thta thingy
[07:38] * [Tech]Yeggstry grins
[07:38] <[V|EX]Aaranaf> oi
[07:38] <[V|EX]Aaranaf> ill get you
[07:38] <[Tech]Yeggstry> hehe
[07:38] <[V|EX]Aaranaf> you and your lil dog too
[07:38] <[V|EX]Aaranaf> muwhahaha
[07:39] <[V|EX]Aaranaf> muuuuuuuuuuuwhahahahah
[07:39] <[Tech]Yeggstry> dog??
[07:39] * Quits: [V|EX]Aaranaf (Quit: Aaranaf aka AANF, AARF, ARFF, arseinaf, arf, AarANAL, AaraFARM, naf naf, and Adkdgbnsf arfinparf:: <[V]Mr_B> <-- Enjoying Aaranaf Radio)
[07:39] <[Tech]Yeggstry> oi bitch
[07:39] <Kefalos> YEggs
[07:39] <Kefalos> wait a se
[07:39] <Kefalos> [V|EX]Aaranaf
[07:39] * Kefalos is now known as [V|EX]Aaranaf
[07:39] <[V|EX]Aaranaf> op me
[07:39] <[V|EX]Aaranaf> quick
[07:39] * [Tech]Yeggstry sets mode: +o [V|EX]Aaranaf
[07:39] <[Tech]Yeggstry> LOL
[07:39] * [V|EX]Aaranaf changes topic to ':: Mail/PM Co-ords to Fletcher and fan mail ASAP :: be sure to check recruitment forums to see if any mates are applying || thalira / bigwolf / pm Adam happy bday wg IT IS I HATE DREAMY DAY '
[07:39] * [V|EX]Aaranaf is now known as Kefalos
[07:39] <Kefalos>
[07:39] <[V]PIAC> hahaha
[07:39] * [Tech]Yeggstry sets mode: -o Kefalos
[07:39] <[Tech]Yeggstry> pld
[07:39] <Kefalos> nice
[07:40] * [Tech]Yeggstry shakes Kefalos' hand
[07:40] <[Tech]Yeggstry> nice one m8
[07:40] <Kefalos> yeah eh
[07:40] <Kefalos> i usally get killed faster when i go to his nick
[07:41] <[Tech]Yeggstry> hehe
[07:41] <[Tech]Yeggstry> nah
[07:41] <[Tech]Yeggstry> not this time
[07:41] <[Tech]Yeggstry> coz its funny

PART TWO

[22:03] <[V|EX]Aaranaf> WHO CHANGED MY ****IN TOPIC
[22:03] <[V|EX]Aaranaf> I TOLD YOU ID SHIT BRICKS
[22:03] <[V|EX]Aaranaf> GRRRr
[22:03] <[ViruS]zmeu>
[22:04] * [V|EX]Aaranaf slaps [Tech]Yeggstry around a bit with a large trout
[22:04] <[V|EX]Aaranaf> IT WAS YOU
[22:04] * [V|EX]Aaranaf changes topic to ':: Mail/PM Co-ords to Fletcher and fan mail ASAP :: be sure to check recruitment forums to see if any mates are applying || thalira / bigwolf / pm Adam happy bday wg'
[22:04] <[Tech]Yeggstry> :O
[22:04] <[Tech]Yeggstry> NO
[22:04] <[Tech]Yeggstry> it wasn't
[22:04] <[Tech]Yeggstry>
[22:04] <[V|EX]Aaranaf> WHO
[22:04] <[V|EX]Aaranaf> WHO
[22:04] <[V|EX]Aaranaf> WHO WAS IT
[22:04] <[Tech]Yeggstry> hehe
[22:04] <[Tech]Yeggstry> read funnies
[22:04] <[Tech]Yeggstry> PA GD
[22:04] <[ViruS]Kefalos> lol
[22:04] <[ViruS]Kefalos> yeah read the funnies
[22:09] <[V|EX]Aaranaf> DAMNED YOU KEF AND YEGGY
[22:09] * [ViruS]Kefalos gives Yeggs a high five
[22:09] * [Tech]Yeggstry huggles kef
[22:10] <[Tech]Yeggstry> owned

Community and friendship at its best there Long live the community of ViruS

Cheers,

Kefalos aka [V|BC]Kefalos aka [V|DC]Kefalos aka [ViruS]Kefalos aka [S|EX]Kefalos <-- SS days
r5:Kefalos of Greece xAlpha GammaX [SDO]
r6:Andriolata of The Little Village [RedBull]
r7:Cephalos of Mount Olympus [ViruS]
r8:The Saints Ζ Veritas Ζ [ViruS]
r9:The Forgotten Spirit of Truth and Honor [ViruS]
r9.5: =One= of =The Many Inactives in ViruS= [ViruS]
r10:Service Clerk of Save On Foods [Eclipse]
r10.5:Buffy Tyler of November 2000 [MISTU]
r11:The Word of Mouth [MISTU]
r12:[WP]
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 08:13   #73
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

very very sad day :-(

it was nice to work with you guys in round 9, even if it didnt was a success anywhere

sad to see such alliance disbanding

gl with the future and stuff
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 08:29   #74
Jeltje
Rock hhc

Jeltje is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to see u guys go
Been allies in a few rounds
Good luck to ya all

proud to be ex-TFD-hhc-pa
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 09:06   #75
Darkness
NoS forever

Darkness is an unknown quantity at this point

so another one of the gr8 old PA alliance bits the dust
/me salutes

PS: #nos if your looking for a new alliance with a gr8 community

[NoS] forever
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 10:17   #76
Rabbagast
Yesterday don't mean sh**

Rabbagast will become famous soon enoughRabbagast will become famous soon enough

I΄m really sorry to hear(read) this

ViruS was an alliance I actually liked.
Even though I had my latest round on the oposite field of you guys..
I still remember some of my best and most amusing momemts from ViruS during r4 +/-.
I was there when =V= got into relations with Fury and was part of taking the step up into the "BIG league", not yet the biggest alliance,but still competing against the best. The famous [V|DC] tags etc. awesome defence improvements and all those fun attacks. VIruS to me was always a great community and still was to the best of my knowledge.
I remember coming in with some good Fleets/Squads from TE at the end of r3, after some constructive and promising meetings with Irvine aswell as getting a good amount of my friends in to start the building of a new and strong empire.
I gained alot of good friends through this time, most of which I still have today playing with me, or giving me some competition ( although I can΄t really play this round )

I moved on myself back in r5 midway, after some differences of opinions etc. Irvine΄s powertrips, and the policy regarding the VE+WTFV blocks "breakup"/divide&conquer.. (those of you who know, know..)
It become a natural point for me to move on..and later I΄ve been with pack to this day

Regardless of the past, I take my hat of for VIruS and salute you
You won΄t be forgotten =)

and I΄ll see you around.
Either on the battlefield, or on the same team once again
or just for a friendly chat on IRC or wherever(whenever)

Regards

΄Rabba
Reporting in from Barηa

P.S Even though Aranaf might have blown up the importance, in the views of some people. Who cares? This is Thread about ViruS saying thanks and good bye.
The fact remains that the little, yet lethal ViruS came to this world and shaked the dominating forces and actually gave them a run for their money!
Round 2: 50:12 'MoA' Emperor Rabbagast of Milagro - [TE]
Round 3: 19:6:25 Emperor Rabbagast of Milagro - [TE]-FC, [Ooooomph!], [YHQ], [TRG], [ViruS]-DC, [c19a]
Round 4: 7:17:6 Fields of -=Disbelief=-, -= Salvage Garden =- - [ViruS]-HC, [TZ]
Round 5: 29:11:14 IceBucket of .-= Corona =-., .-= The BeerG0ds =-. - [ViruS] Executive, [WPO]-BC
Round 6: 25:16:1 Hugh M Hefner of -= The Playboy Mansion =-, -= The BeerG0ds =- WolfPack HC
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 11:34   #77
BlackWolf

Sad day to us all. Long live our memory in PA

[V]BlackWolf

Unread 21 Oct 2003, 11:37   #78
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah, it's kinda sad ViruS had to throw in the towel.
I was with you for one round or something a couple of years ago.
It's been pretty quiet from you guys lately. Almost liek you didn't exist.
But anyways...I hope your members who still wanna play PA find themselves a decent place, and good luck to all of you.
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 13:05   #79
Itslyall
Hi

Itslyall is an unknown quantity at this point

ViruS was my one true alliance, cant remember how long i've been there 3/4 years? December 2000 rings a bell, many class people have been through the alliance. Cant think of anything else to say, but good luck to all the ViruS members who are still playing the game, And ITs been emotional.

For old times sake...

<MrNice> hi my name is mr nice
<MrNice> as you can see
<MrNice> I don't have any arms
<MrNice> or hands but
<MrNice> that doesn't stop me dancing
<MrNice> does it
<MrNice> would you like to see me dance?
<MrNice> Well here i am... http://www.columbia.edu/~sjt59/mr_nice.swf

Have Fun,
ITslyall.
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 13:13   #80
Jykke
Estharian

Jykke has a spectacular aura aboutJykke has a spectacular aura aboutJykke has a spectacular aura about

So it ends again,
I do not share your feelings of sadness, for so many are now gone already,
probably the departure of my own alliance numbed me enough to soften the leaving of others.

but for those Virus people who were still dedicated to their team at the end hour,
I wish all the best, and may you now find more sleep at nights without PA,
or another alliance community to continue these sleepless nights

[Blue Tuba] -> [Fury] -> [Eclipse] -> [1up]
rounds that I have played; 3-10 and 16.
....."Never Defeat,
.....Never Despair,
Welcome To Esthar"
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 14:49   #81
BetrayerOfHope
InspirationOfNightmares

BetrayerOfHope is an unknown quantity at this point

another one
if i would come back to pa i wouldn't know any allys from my time i'm sure ;-)

[23:11] <Zhil|FT> OMG BOH IS THE NEW KILLMARK
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 15:08   #82
Dreadnought

a sad day indeed

Unread 21 Oct 2003, 15:12   #83
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

good luck in the future Virus.

(Parracida and Zhil, let them have their moment)
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 16:40   #84
Entropy

Entropy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
can we quit being all nice and fluffy etc and pick up our regular behavior again?

I'm not saying "goodbye Virus" cause I know most will still hang around. And after all, pple is what makes your alliance, and they will hang around so ...

rgds Kj
Not necessarily. Many alliances disband because a number of their members leave the game. In some cases, alliances will simply move to another game, as Xanadu did. Many of us (Plus some ex-Fury and ex-Legion) are playing as Xanadu in EVE, and a few other PA alliances have made the move too. (hirr, apparently recently NoS, and one other alliance I can't remember at the moment.)

I am thoroughly impressed to see ViruS last as long as it has - Virus was around before I started playing PA, and remained for long after I stopped. Few alliances lasted as long as ViruS did.

Good luck in your future. Should you want to stay together without rebuilding in PA, you might want to try switching games. It can be quite a refreshing change. Many former enemies from PA are now friends in EVE (Except Killmark, he's still KoS to almost anyone who remembers him. )

Edit: Too bad it looks like the forums were wiped in the past year. I miss my old post count.
R3 53:1:22 - Black Sigma HC
R4 233:20:1 - Black Sigma HC
R5 5:??:?? - Karma
R6 22:2:1 - Xanadu

Proud to be Xanadu
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 18:43   #85
dsd
Zero

dsd is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy
Good luck in your future. Should you want to stay together without rebuilding in PA, you might want to try switching games. It can be quite a refreshing change. Many former enemies from PA are now friends in EVE (Except Killmark, he's still KoS to almost anyone who remembers him. )
Thanks. We play other games already, but planetarion was always by far our main priority, up until now. we'll be continuing in our other games and looking to expand into more.
Unread 22 Oct 2003, 01:17   #86
Sonnenbomber
ToT HC

Sonnenbomber is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Re: [=V= ][Official] ViruS Annoucement [=V=]

And another alliance is gone.
But this time I think its necessary also for a statement from ToT HC.

I just want to say thank you in the name of ToT for being 3rounds good allieds and partners. this cooperation helped ToT a lot to become a topally (I know some ppl doesnt see ToT as a topally but that you can discuss in another thread :P ). and also when the end of our partnership in R7 wasnt really friendly, Im sad to see you guys disbanding as PA ally. A lot of friendships between ToT and (former) Virus member survived till yet and I think also in the future.
I wish all of you the best and hope your community will survive in other games. perhaps we meet again anywhere...

Regards
[ToT]Sonnenbomber

PS: and I will really miss the...
/join #virus
/nick [V|EX]Bomber
who wants to recruit me for ViruS? I want to join as Exec
...game. Im sure some #ViruS ops remember.
R4 120:25 Cδsar of Roman Empire (p25a)
R5 14:9 Sonnenbomber of Reschis Gφtterhimmel (ToT Trialmember)
R6 23:14 Hδuptling Kaltes Warmes und Flieίendes Wasser (ToT BC)
R7 7:12 Dummheit kann man nicht verbieten (ToT HC)
R8 15:1 Gummizofe of Brigade 0 (ToT HC)
R9 16:3 Vicky Vomit of The yoghourt bums around quiet (ToT HC)
R10 13:10 KratzDeinPupsloch of DurchfallImWeltAll (ToT HC)
R11-12 Reallife and other games
Unread 22 Oct 2003, 01:37   #87
Dinobot
Former [1up] Hustler

Dinobot is an unknown quantity at this point

Another chapter of Planetarion history closed.

R E S PE C T ! ! !

Good luck to all ViruS players wherever they end up...

"Those of us who are truly brave, will never live in fear."
Dwayne Johnson

Loved the extra life with [1up]
Honoured to have walked the dark path with Eclipse,
Proud to have been Xanadu,
But my heart will always be with Ministry
Unread 22 Oct 2003, 01:54   #88
diege
Honest Man

diege is infamous around these parts

2 years ago I joined ViruS and have had plently of enjoyable experiances being part of the community as peon and officer. There was never a dull moment in the channels.

Really saddens me to see this happed and now the only thing that kept me playing this game has gone. Big thanks to all the members past and present who made ViruS what it was. A place I and many others called home.

Merry Xmas and a Happy new year to you all

<[V|EX]Ladybug> pfft like you know anything
<[V|EX]Ladybug> lol
<[V]arthur> you would be surprised
<[V|EX]Ladybug> I'm never surprised at things
<[V|EX]Ladybug> been in this too long
<[V]arthur> you have white underwear atm
<[V|EX]Ladybug> o
<[V|EX]Ladybug> no
<[V]arthur> lies:P
<[V|EX]Ladybug> no seriously I'm not
<[V|EX]Ladybug> I'm not big on white underwear
<[V]arthur> hmmz ok
<[V]arthur> it's either black/silver/gold/purple/red/yellow/brown:P or another color
<[V]arthur> see:P
<[V|EX]Ladybug> none
<[V|EX]Ladybug> not wearing any
<[V|EX]Ladybug> lol

/me hides from LB
Unread 22 Oct 2003, 02:21   #89
RealJames
Retired at the top

RealJames is infamous around these parts

It is a shame to see one of the few remaining old alliances calling it a day.

Well played guys.

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
Unread 22 Oct 2003, 05:46   #90
kerchie

kerchie is an unknown quantity at this point

For all bar about 3 rounds i played as virus and i loved it. I caused some problems and saw problems in virus after the experiences of round 9. However without virus i think i would have quit this game long ago and never enjoyed it nearly as much as i have

Being part of virus kept the flame of this game alive in me and allowed me to form sooooo many new friendships that it is hard to believe a computer game and a program called irc could do such a thing.

anyways virus its sad to see you go and thanks for the hand up you gave me in this game and for all the m8s u producedfor me

ooo /me posts my third post in whole pa career and once again for a goodbye
Unread 22 Oct 2003, 06:24   #91
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerchie
ooo /me posts my third post in whole pa career and once again for a goodbye
It's your 8th
Unread 22 Oct 2003, 08:14   #92
kerchie

kerchie is an unknown quantity at this point

no it is my third the other few were in reply to comments on the first post so yeah technically my 8th but really only 3rd
Unread 22 Oct 2003, 10:35   #93
Evil_Fear
Legion Peon

Evil_Fear is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParraCida
I have to admit, some of your own accomplishments seem to be a bit overstated. You didn't do much destroying in round 8, the most you did was basically recruit defectors and I seem to remember that most of my targets in round 5 were pds heavy virus planets of which I could barely scrape a profit.

In any case, you have my respect for sticking around so long and delivering a good game every round. Virus is a part of planetarion history, it was there when I started and it was there when I left, I enjoyed the times I worked with you and I enjoyed the times I worked against you.
Strange thing then, when we sure had some people in the top 10 from the start till the finish of R8 Logbat was ranked 2 in the end and top 5 most of the round, same for a few other people. The Retalion BG attacked 2 gals each day on our own, and I think the other 3-4 BG's did attack atleast 1 gal a day.

I wanna thank Virus for giving Retalion a refuge after MDK wouldn't give us what we wanted(picking our own targets for example). We could blend in with Virus really easy, and help Virus during R8. In the end Retalion held allot of Officers and HC's Fletcher ended HC, Logbat HBC, Turtle HC, Nameless HBC, Myself/scooter and many others became DC/BC/MO.

It's with great sadness that I will probably quit PA aswell. PA lost the fun factor for me. I do like the new abilities, but I greatly miss the old R9.5 (and before that) combat system with initiative/emp/steal/cloaked. I miss the activity of the players and the hardcore levels we reached during R5-8. I miss the number of planets allot aswell.

GL on those that go on playing PA and GL for those Virusmembers on getting a new alliance. (Maybe I join again if I get a good offer or so, but probably not.)

PA is infected, there is no cure.

------------------------
Round 3: 74:7:9 TSU
Round 4: 86:22:15 Unknown
Round 5: 15:5:19 Elysium until kicked
Round 6: 11:9:14 Legion gal
Round 7: 24:20:7 Legion
Round 8: can't remember VIRUS
Round 9: 16:4:8 VIRUS (Retalion BG leader)
Round 9.5: 16:3:5 VIRUS (Retalion BG leader)
Round 10: 14:8:8 VIRUS Officer (Retalion BG leader)

Last edited by Evil_Fear; 22 Oct 2003 at 10:42.
Unread 22 Oct 2003, 11:23   #94
Hurragutten

Hurragutten is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you all going to join Eclipse now?
Unread 22 Oct 2003, 13:23   #95
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts

/me salutes Virus

I only have been Virus member for as long as 15 minutes, when in round 9 i left olympians, joined Virus via a friend there, but on joining their IRC server and going into #help when this dude called Fletcher made me piss my pants..

But good job Virus, and GL in your future..

Session Start: Sun Apr 20 09:26:05 2003
Session Ident: #help
[09:26] *** Now talking in #help
[09:41] <Lord_Dain> look this is all to tiring m8, im probably more leet at pa then most of the virus hc
[09:41] <[V|EX]Fletcher> lol
[09:41] * [V|BC]Kefalos pets Lord_Dain
[09:41] <Lord_Dain> and im not arrogant
[09:41] <[V|EX]Fletcher> yeah right
[09:41] <[V|EX]Fletcher> yes u r
[09:41] <[V|BC]Kefalos> no he isnt
[09:41] <[V|EX]Fletcher> egomaniac
[09:41] <[V|BC]Kefalos> dont call him that
[09:41] <Lord_Dain> fletcher no im not
[09:41] <[V|BC]Kefalos> Lord_Dain is my father
[09:41] <[V|BC]Kefalos> let him in dammit
[09:41] <[V|EX]Fletcher> fk off kef
[09:41] <Lord_Dain> plus i have good military and people skills
[09:41] <[V|EX]Fletcher> lol
[09:42] <[V|EX]Fletcher> no u dont
[09:42] <Lord_Dain> i can easily bc
[09:42] <[V|EX]Fletcher> you come in here demanding
[09:42] <Lord_Dain> jesus
[09:42] <[V|EX]Fletcher> you have no people skills atall, your very arrogant and have an ego problem
[09:42] <Lord_Dain> you have any sense of humor?
[09:42] <[V|EX]Fletcher> dont you have a sense of "normalness"
[09:42] <Lord_Dain> i wouldnt come in demanding that kind of stuff
[09:42] <[V|EX]Fletcher> im tierd and not in the mood for unfunny jokes
[09:42] <Lord_Dain> i was JOKING
[09:42] <[V|EX]Fletcher> DO A FUNNY JOKE
[09:42] <Lord_Dain> pff
[09:42] <Lord_Dain> your an HC?
[09:42] <Lord_Dain> goodbye
[09:42] <Lord_Dain> loser
[09:42] *** Disconnected
Session Close: Sun Apr 20 09:42:59 2003

/me waves at his longest PA mate Kefalos

Last edited by Jackal2112; 22 Oct 2003 at 13:29.
Unread 22 Oct 2003, 18:05   #96
Biggie
King BiGGeh

Biggie can only hope to improve

Man that sucks, it certainly was a good run

We certainly had some fun over time

Sad to to have left u all alone, but RL is way too fun

I miss long night, upsurd hours of non sleep

It all

But $ and happiness is much more fun atm

ViruS Certainly had some wonderful accomplishments, and some very low times, I am proud of you all
R3 :: 49:4:17 (GvE/KBz/ViruS)
R4 :: 80:14:6 (ViruS)
R5 :: 9:21:1 (ViruS/T&P) #urwins
R6 :: 2:21:10 (ViruS/T&P) #urwins
R7 :: 7:13 (ViruS) #urwins
R24 :: (Urwins) #urwins
Unread 23 Oct 2003, 10:36   #97
WildCardz
Next Round

WildCardz is infamous around these parts

Why is it everytime I seem to read the forums, someone is disbanding or leaving PA?
Maybe I should stop reading the forums

- WildCardz
Unread 23 Oct 2003, 10:50   #98
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCardz
Why is it everytime I seem to read the forums, someone is disbanding or leaving PA?
Maybe I should stop reading the forums
or read it more often

— Scorpio
Unread 23 Oct 2003, 23:13   #99
[Xan]Grim

Red face Re: [=V= ][Official] ViruS Annoucement [=V=]

Scorpio pointed me in this direction so i will just say a few things.

I am sorry to see Virus disbanding in planetarion, you have certainly had a very long and varied planetarion history and although i have not kept up with your activities over the last few rounds i am sure all those members that are part or have passed through you have had an enjoyable and enhanced gaming experience.

I created Virus waaaay back in round 3 which is a good few years ago now, i even remember thinking of the name- there was a lot of oohing and aaaghin at the time, but i guess you had to be there. In this respect Virus has certainly lasted beyond the founders percieved duration of time and perhaps it will go onto continue in other games.

Best of luck for the future and of course you could always join us and many other golden oldies (chance to have a punt at zhil) if you are looking for a new experience.

irc.xanaducorp.net

Adios

Unread 25 Oct 2003, 21:09   #100
wardog

wardog is an unknown quantity at this point

Sad to see Virus pass , was my first alliance and home to many good times ,

/Me remembers : irvine ultimate leader (lol) of virus back in the day , did alot for us yes includeing the pact with satan ( Fury ) , yeah i know he was a meglamaniac but i remember more than a few of us had bouts of that ( me included ) .

Many friends from back then , Aaranaf ladybug Noc sirad shady an heaps of others

any alliance which can last so long in this game must have been doing something right ,

/me salutes an waves bye to V
Round 5: C12 (Virus / T&P )
Round 6: C3 (Wrath / T&P )
Round 7: C16 ( Fury / T&P )
Round 8: C38 ( Fury )
Round 9: Temp Retired (Fury)
Closed Thread