User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 3 Jan 2003, 17:58   #51
Rampage
over 9000

Rampage is an unknown quantity at this point
I got logs and screenshots of that :P

Infact got a bunch more, altough deleted most of them as they were getting rather huge (log dir of 400 mb+ heh).
Unread 3 Jan 2003, 18:04   #52
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Neo
Based on the info Elysium HC had at that point of time, I think that 'mistake' would be done by any wise executive. Just the thought of allying with nos that didn't respect Elysium at all, made me chuckle (all offense). Personally I think the HCs did a perfect pick
Indeed... Xanadu said NoS/Cell had given us a nap.. But NoS still where attacking us. Cell held their agreement tho.. And I remember Koloth where asking us all in command about the ways to go... and logs with the heads of the 2 factions was presented in command boards. I loved Ely command back then. It was so pure.. it was 100% trusted. A community within Elysium.
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2003, 18:57   #53
Atul
Xanadu

Atul is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Storebo
Indeed... Xanadu said NoS/Cell had given us a nap.. But NoS still where attacking us. Cell held their agreement tho.. And I remember Koloth where asking us all in command about the ways to go... and logs with the heads of the 2 factions was presented in command boards. I loved Ely command back then. It was so pure.. it was 100% trusted. A community within Elysium.
plain wrong as ever my dear friend
we only said that NoS/CELL gave US a nap

but ur statement bout ely command is right, they were a bunch of dedicated ppl (unlike the other ally of Xan at that time *hint hint*)
Unread 3 Jan 2003, 20:26   #54
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
after reading the log, I just got one question really..

who gave scorpio and atul command postions??????!?!?!
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2003, 21:30   #55
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by G.K Zhukov

after reading your posts, I just got one question really..

who gave birth to zhukov??????!?!?!

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2003, 21:39   #56
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally posted by Scorpio
after reading your posts, I just got one question really..

who gave birth to zhukov??????!?!?!
my parents?
Didnt they teach you ANYTHING at school?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
Unread 3 Jan 2003, 21:45   #57
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by G.K Zhukov

my HC?
Didnt they teach you ANYTHING at Planetarion?

— Scorpio
Unread 3 Jan 2003, 23:00   #58
Neo
Pony

Neo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Atul
Then why did Cell respect a non-existing nap? I think there were quite a few nos'ers who thought we had a nap too(?). Hopefully none of the responsible executives will ever apply for journalism

Quote:

but ur statement bout ely command is right, they were a bunch of dedicated ppl (unlike the other ally of Xan at that time *hint hint*)
Unread 4 Jan 2003, 02:06   #59
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
my HC?
duh, I want specific names... you dont get ANYTHING do you

anyways, it was a retorical question..
Unread 4 Jan 2003, 02:17   #60
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Atul

Seriously... Cell at that time put up an announcement where they stated NoS/Cell had given Elysium a nap.. I posted that one in a thread back then... Cell hc stoped posting on boards then. But I went talking to cell hc in pm then... think it was lockhead... maybe i find the old logs. And as I understod it Xanadu managed to have NoS/Cell give us a nap while we decided if we where to join Xanadu or Legion for round 5.

And there was an announcement from NoS about this once aswell... but that one disapeared before we got evidence of it... got the Cell one tho... It is very clear... "NoS and Cell are now napped with Elysium"

But ofcourse neither Xanadu or Cell wanted to back us up on boards..

Guess I never got used to the old faces leaving and the new ones arriving around round 6-7... So wasn't the same for me anymore =/
[1up]
Unread 4 Jan 2003, 05:28   #61
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
Hmm if I can read this...

then maybe I should get out the CD where I burned down my mirc logs directory for r2-r5 and have hours of fun.
Unread 4 Jan 2003, 08:14   #62
Viprex

Quote:
Originally posted by DrunkenViking
I love old politics, and love the fact that everyone have hated NoS since round 4 politics. And i loved being in an alliance that was hated by everyone except WolfPack.
r4 was my first round so i was a n00b (hence not knowing about the r4 politics) and i've always hated NoS for some reason, don't know why tho.

^^ the feelings towards NoS of a person not even knowing much about them
Unread 4 Jan 2003, 13:34   #63
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
my HC?
Be careful who your talking to Scorpio, Zhukov finished near the Top 200 planets in Round 3 !

That log makes quite interesting reading one of the few interestings reads on AD during the last 3 months. I think Legion came off better from that exchange, the Game bashing was also quite funny to read
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2003, 14:20   #64
MelAn
Condenaciσn

MelAn is an unknown quantity at this point
...Congratulation: You just got an award for the most boring thread ever

Next one: feel free to insert your cs logs here...
R4: 55:8:23 Selenia the Dark Angel of Urborg of Dominaria ( NoS)
R5: 24:12:5 MelAncholic Angel of Condemnation (NoS)
R6: 21:5:10 Cursed Visionary of True Faith (NoS)
R7: 9:19:9 Fragrance of Your Skin (NoS/Bunnies)
R8: 3:5:4 Cursed Hands of Devotion (Fury/Bunnies)
R9: 18:2:4 Infernal Memories of Humiliation (Eclipse/Bunnies)
--------------------
MelAncholic
...criticism is the root of all progress
MelAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 01:49   #65
Dingo
God

Dingo has a spectacular aura aboutDingo has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by DrunkenViking
Dingo, tell me about the time you called lantador names and left him pissed
It is in the log leading up to and causing the split of NoS from the "Original" R4 Triad of Legion-Xanadu-NoS.

He behaved like an A***hole, but took offence at being called one. Simple as that.
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 04:33   #66
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
[15:32] <zip> so Legion took Game back now?
[15:32] <Petru> aye thats it
[15:33] <Petru> Leonardo Davinchi
The only thing I found even remotely interesting (besides Petru's references to his Legion portal posts).

P.S. Hi!
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 13:02   #67
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Poor Hobbie was 'deeply' hurt by that.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 18:46   #68
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Dingo
It is in the log leading up to and causing the split of NoS from the "Original" R4 Triad of Legion-Xanadu-NoS.

He behaved like an A***hole, but took offence at being called one. Simple as that.
I have that log, you sent it to me and BD right after it happened heh
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 23:02   #69
Storebo
Adelante

Quote:
Originally posted by Torz
I have that log, you sent it to me and BD right after it happened heh
post it then...
[1up]
Unread 6 Jan 2003, 17:03   #70
Chantalaz

Chantalaz is an unknown quantity at this point
oi, Atul
naughty naughty you
desperate to control all and everything

==========================

Xanadu, ChaoZ loyality to the community, cheater in details
Chantalaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2003, 21:09   #71
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Teh_Necro has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
I can remember a time when irc logs were prohibited on this board, as most people agreed they are crap.

Shame the AD rules were removed haphazardly by our forum administrator.
oh shut it u moaning twat.

It was a very interesting read, shame we don't see more of it.

-Necro

(It is really rather unnecessary to stir up trouble like this. I had already dealt with the situation in a manner I hope will be satisfactory. Hopefully in future you will refrain from stirring up trouble despite any personal feelings on the subject-Jonny)

Last edited by JonnyBGood; 7 Jan 2003 at 22:01.
Teh_Necro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2003, 23:56   #72
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Storebo
post it then...
it happens to be on my old computer along with my round1-4(end)| logs, I'll wip them out some day I imagine.
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2003, 00:55   #73
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Am I the only one who found that log completely and utterly ****? Having two twats like Petru and Scorpio bitch over who is the most inept is hardly comedy gold now is it lads?
Unread 8 Jan 2003, 04:34   #74
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
petru wins.
Knight Theamion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 22:22   #75
xanadu zip

xanadu zip is an unknown quantity at this point
hmmm... we see one log from one day and people think they can assess a situation during an entire round.

/me looks for Atul as posting things like that is really a no no

But since it's been posted, let's get clear since I was there in that channel day in and day out....

Legion command was very absentee in the beginning of that round and not listening or dealing with issues. Legion fixed that later in the round but several issues caused bad blood between nos and Legion. Xanadu was stuck in the middle. Xanadu had never had bad relations with nos, are we supposed to create bad realations because they can't get on with each other? Remember we had shared galaxies.

When you start a round with certain allies and create galaxies based around those alliances then you should make a better effort to keep peace for the round.

I fault Legion for not listening and not trying to make things work with nos and I fault nos for walking off mid round without at least talking to Xanadu first. And as I see.. many fault Xanadu for not attacking Nos after they left or keeping VeX in R5.

The majority of HC, if not all, of both Legion and Xanadu ended the round on good terms. It was the BC who experienced issues and both sides were very vocal about them, as I'm sure you can see from that log. There are many more logs like that one... hehe.

The Xanadu decsion for allies for R5 was made by a member vote. A method we never used again

I hope this sheds some light on PA history...
"Proud to be Xanadu"

Last edited by xanadu zip; 11 Jan 2003 at 22:50.
xanadu zip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2003, 00:08   #76
Petru
mefs

Petru is an unknown quantity at this point
Reading that again makes me laugh so much.

On reflection, looking back with a tempered mind I would have preferred if NoS hadn't been around at all (which fkwit in Legion HC decided to let them be so high and mighty instead of a different third party I'd love to know), had they not interfered Legion could have maintained a decent relationship with Xanadu.

That in itself would have changed the entire future of PA from then on, since it was VeX falling apart over NoS that forced us to start working with Fury again, and thus the old "furgion" return.

Oh well

Memories memories.

Username: HobbieRogue4
Password: ****petru

I was 'angry' a lot back then. :/
Petru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2003, 01:35   #77
Galadrieth

Galadrieth is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Torz
it happens to be on my old computer along with my round1-4(end)| logs, I'll wip them out some day I imagine.
You are such a liar Torz, the only thing youll be wipping out is your maggot todger to knock one of over your old computer that was full of hard core gay clown pr0n.

:-D

<Arf^> The chance Akujin loses his virginty with another man, Gala, is 83%
Rnd 1 -=Krom of Kromulous-31:3:4=-
Rnd 2 -=Krom of Sumeria-24:15:4=-
Rnd 3 -=RaekOne of Omega=-34:10:4=-
Rnd 4 -=Galadrieth of The Chronic=178:11:3=-
Rnd 5 -=.Nosferatu Of Chaos Without Propechy=31:6:10=-
Galadrieth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 10:26   #78
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Lords of the rounds: The Two Towers" (The story of Xanadu and Legion in the 4th era)

Actually the only winner to come out of this was NoS since if Xanadu wouldn't stick to the them they would prolly have died in r5 or lived on r5 independantly (lol) and die r6.
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 10:32   #79
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Re: Lords of the rounds: The Two Towers" (The story of Xanadu and Legion in the 4th era)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion
Actually the only winner to come out of this was NoS since if Xanadu wouldn't stick to the them they would prolly have died in r5 or lived on r5 independantly (lol) and die r6.
NoS was independent for most of r5, because they died

/me still remembers Grim's "goodbye NoS"-thread on Xanadu webby, hehe

— Scorpio
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 11:56   #80
AllFather|away
Big Kahuna

AllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really nice

Code:
[15:34] <Atul> sorry but you have to admit: thats l4m3
[15:43] <Atul> having a protected gal in arbiter memberlist is l4m3 enough
[15:45] <Atul> i really have to admit, legion security on arbiter cl33rly 0wns
"<@Atul> -> legion 1337 security"
You are such a big geek

DTA
Support the liberation of "AllFather"
AllFather|away is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 13:42   #81
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllFather|away
Code:
[15:34] <Atul> sorry but you have to admit: thats l4m3
[15:43] <Atul> having a protected gal in arbiter memberlist is l4m3 enough
[15:45] <Atul> i really have to admit, legion security on arbiter cl33rly 0wns
"<@Atul> -> legion 1337 security"
You are such a big geek
g33k!
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 16:03   #82
Xeno
hirr

Xeno will become famous soon enoughXeno will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeza
It was interesting to read and look...we got an honourable mention.
But you're no lemming... Do you mean to say there were other alliances in 68:10 than hirr?

Xeno
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 16:42   #83
Iceaxe
Blood

Iceaxe is an unknown quantity at this point

bored Theamion?
Iceaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 18:08   #84
Anihilat0r
Supreme ETY Pe0n

Anihilat0r is an unknown quantity at this point

That was some awesome bit of bumping....
I read that thinking; 'hmmm, I'm sure I've read this before...'

A 9 month bump ffs?!

'Just a bunch of harmless n00bs'
Anihilat0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 19:31   #85
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anihilat0r
That was some awesome bit of bumping....
I read that thinking; 'hmmm, I'm sure I've read this before...'

A 9 month bump ffs?!

At the bottom of the page, every thread has a list with 'similar threads'. For some reason this thread ended up as being 'similar' with some crap thread on GD

— Scorpio
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 22:53   #86
[i2k]Xy
Why so serious?

[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking
This thread owned untill Cochese screwed it up...
I love old politics, and love the fact that everyone have hated NoS since round 4 politics. And i loved being in an alliance that was hated by everyone except WolfPack.

I wouldn't trade it for the world

Dingo, tell me about the time you called lantador names and left him pissed

4S

Illuminati
[i2k]Xy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 01:12   #87
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
I'd thoroughly say that Legion were the 'winners' from that log. I'm actually quite glad they decided to attack NoS, as they clearly didn't like them, and decided to do something about them. It also meant that me along with the rest of WTF could take our anger out on NoS and CELL for a bit.

And anyway. NoCeX got absolutely bottled in round 5. I'd say justice was more or less done.
As you always said - you thought Fury ended r4 in the best position.

Anyway, if it wasnt for Legion, then Xanadu probably would never have become the superpower it did become.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 15:28   #88
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
As you always said - you thought Fury ended r4 in the best position.

Anyway, if it wasnt for Legion, then Xanadu probably would never have become the superpower it did become.

oh why? actually I believe during r4 Legion was the weakest part in VeX. I think we would have done it with any other decent alliance on Xan and Ely's side.
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 16:48   #89
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

I'm actually wondering if Fury and WP also had such fights in their command channels

— Scorpio
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 22:23   #90
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio
I'm actually wondering if Fury and WP also had such fights in their command channels
As far as I know - no.

This is mainly because Fury didn't actually have much of a presence without Sid

Ghengis/Cayl were the big-workers and afaik they got on okay with the remnants of WP.

In answer to SilverSmoke:

My reasoning and logic are all quite simple. Xanadu was successful from that round due to contributing to winning the war vs Fury. If it wasnt for Legion, then it would never have got the public attention and would not have been behind the Legion "name". I'm not saying Legion was equal to Xanadu militarily - we know that is not true, but Legion had the most sway politically and in name.

I do believe that if Xanadu had not sided with Legion and rallied around one VeX banner then WTF would have trumped over Legion and then Xan/Ely. (Remember, it was Elysium that ****ed up all the stuff with Tuba.)

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2003, 14:22   #91
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
My reasoning and logic are all quite simple. Xanadu was successful from that round due to contributing to winning the war vs Fury. If it wasnt for Legion, then it would never have got the public attention and would not have been behind the Legion "name". I'm not saying Legion was equal to Xanadu militarily - we know that is not true, but Legion had the most sway politically and in name.

I do believe that if Xanadu had not sided with Legion and rallied around one VeX banner then WTF would have trumped over Legion and then Xan/Ely. (Remember, it was Elysium that ****ed up all the stuff with Tuba.)
Well, Xanadu actually had a few backup alliances in round 4. We read the Legion command board as well at the end of r3, and saw the ideas of using us and then dumping us. So in case Legion decided to break with us, we wouldnt have been alone

Still funny that WP didnt think we were good enough :eek:

— Scorpio
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 18:50   #92
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
If it was so weak why did it end teh round so strongly.

The morale was strong at the end, I enjoyed round four, nice people and good camaradary (sp?).

Legion for me wasn't as weak as everyone perceived. I know I was on more than most because i was made redundant for a time during that round
I seem to remember Legion mounting an attack on Ado which got successfully defended against by MI. Or perhaps that was more representative of the skill of the BC there, I dont know, what do you think rumad, were you crap back then as well?
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 18:58   #93
Andy_r
X$X

Andy_r is an unknown quantity at this point

Interesting to see what was going on behind the scenes. I was in the Ell/Dirtball galaxy that was mentioned in the logs, but blissfully unaware of the politics.

Funnily enough the tiny (3ppl dropping to 2) Yi-He-Quan portion of the galaxy ended up with 2 minister jobs by the end of the round, many of the 'big name' people got bored and gave up roiding.

Mind you, if I'd accepted the offers to join Legion or Xanadu at the end of the round I guess my career in PA would have been very different?
R3 172:21:12 | R 4 136:8:5 | R5 30:25:12 | R6 11:5:1 | R7 40:25:17 | R8 30:1:5 | R9.5 36:10:14 | R10 1:5:9 Boldness of Helvetica

Proud to have been [YHQ] until the end of YHQ [VtS] until the end of Legion [Titans] until the end of Titans and |R6B| for Speedgames
Andy_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 21:50   #94
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParraCida
I seem to remember Legion mounting an attack on Ado which got successfully defended against by MI. Or perhaps that was more representative of the skill of the BC there, I dont know, what do you think rumad, were you crap back then as well?
I remember a few times that MI took more target galaxies than Legion.

— Scorpio
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 21:56   #95
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

Quote:
I remember a few times that MI took more target galaxies than Legion.
Well to be entirely fair, MI never took more than 2-3 smallish galaxies, due to being composed of mainly n00bs (that btw grew up to have quite a 'tude (people like Diabz). Never booked a lot of success on them either, but we occupied fleets so I suppose we helped with the war effort. Also I believe Legion had a habit of not booking all of their targets and doing some misc. attacks.

MI wasn't all that great, but was the best in its class by far back then
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 17:14   #96
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

Quote:
the ado attack was a deflection. If I rememebr rightly he was in fruchts gal who was teh actual target :-)
Who are you trying to kid? The entire galaxy was a target, not just frucht. 1 million ships is NOT a diversionary attack for legion in that day and age, Ado and Frucht were not of the same alliance, Ado disliked frucht and was good friends with crusher and was going to be in a legion HC galaxy the next round. More to that MI was napped to xanadu and helping out with attacks. That target was wrong in just about every way imaginable, but you managed to not get decent intel on your target and then screw the actual attack up as well.

You should definatly care about my opinion, because my opinion in this case regarding you is simply a reflection of the facts.
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 17:44   #97
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Quote:
More to that MI was napped to xanadu and helping out with attacks.
Hmm, NAP is a big word, as MI wasn't in our arbiter .
We did have an agreement to attack together though. But that agreement also went up for Legion.

— Scorpio
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 17:50   #98
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

Quote:
Hmm, NAP is a big word, as MI wasn't in our arbiter .
We did have an agreement to attack together though. But that agreement also went up for Legion.
It was a NAP, if a xanadu planet attacked an MI planet it got ordered to pull, Xanadu in general didn't attack MI (to my surprise) and the odd planet that did actually complied to the pulling order. It's this that actually made me want to join Xanadu in Round 5, had it not been for my galaxy I'd have been in there
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 10:00   #99
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

Quote:
Stuff
If you use :-) enough it makes it seem like you are happy and don't really care right?

I'm sure it makes you feel better to think all of this, and ofcourse frucht was the main target.
In the end its down to the good old 'what I say' and 'what you say'. I say it was a serious attack, you simply covered the galaxy and put extra fleet on frucht, that doesn't mean it's a diversionary attack, it was meant to hit and get roids. I've seen legion attack the #1 gal at the end of the round with about the same amount of ships they put on ado per planet, as a meant attack. So I find it interesting that you would use 1 million diversionary ships earlier in the round on a mediocre sized planet in a top 50 gal, whereas you would seriously attack with that same amount later in the round in the top 1 galaxy. But hey, whatever makes you happy.
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 10:35   #100
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Quote:
It was a NAP, if a xanadu planet attacked an MI planet it got ordered to pull, Xanadu in general didn't attack MI (to my surprise) and the odd planet that did actually complied to the pulling order. It's this that actually made me want to join Xanadu in Round 5, had it not been for my galaxy I'd have been in there
ah true, you're right.
I remember some MI people complaining about Randal and his galaxy hitting them

— Scorpio