User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 8 Aug 2005, 18:25   #1
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Die Pop Musik

I have been thinking. And sucking huge boobies.*

How many of the songs/bands you like in any way produce music which you would describe as actually beautiful and/or profound, and not merely something which you wouldn't mind dancing to or listening to? Even within the wide swathe of music that I like I can only think of a few songs which I would really describe as deeply emotional/original/intelligent.

*Don't really want to be reminded of this.

Last edited by Marilyn Manson; 8 Aug 2005 at 18:35.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 18:33   #2
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Die Pop Musik

Yes, i honestly do. I wouldnt say any of the music i listen to is in anyway Politically revolutionary, but i would have to say certain lines in songs, certain themes in songs that i listen to really touch on points about everyday life, love, and death. Of course its just poetry without beautiful music to back it up, but i would happily argue that a lot of music has given me better advice, councilling, and empathy than human contact does.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 18:34   #3
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

yes, loads of it actually, although mostly the smashing pumpkins stuff, of course
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 19:17   #4
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

basically all the jazz and hip hop songs i listen to, touch me in atleast one way. this is how music should be.

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 19:44   #5
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Metallica
Bob Marley
Led Zeppelin
Bob Dylan

I would say that they all have deep and meaningful lyrics in their songs, not all their songs though obviously.

Of course this is all old music though
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 20:09   #6
berzerker
Professional AlcoFrolic

berzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura about

There are two that i can think of:
- Kim Carnes - Betty Davis Eyes
- Queen - Summer of '69

Both lively enough songs giving great emotional deepness for me.

I find it really easy to like a song, but hard to relate to it. Especially a lot of stuff from the olden* days that were singing about revolutions and war and stuff that I wasn't around to witness.

*for me not you!
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 20:12   #7
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I would say a fairly high proportion of music I listen to has some sort of "meaning".

It's a chicken/egg situaiton. A lot of the music I like (or the bands I like) I tend to spend longer analysing/looking for meaning in their songs. A lot of people seem to find something they like (i.e. subjectively) and then look for a bunch of objective reasons why their opinion is right/justified. I doubt I'm any different.

But then at the same time a lot of the songs/artists I like I probably only like as much as I do because they espouse values I can agree with, or contain some sense of meaning I can identify with. It's probably not a coincidence that my favourite artists sing songs about pointless drug taking (NOFX), working class solidarity/lifestyles (Discipline, Billy Bragg, GC5, Dropkick Murphy's) or American foriegn policy (Anti-Flag, Billy Bragg, NOFX).

One of my main problems with a lot of dance music is that it is essentially meaningless (or a lot of the meaning given to it is strained / tacked-on). The same could be said for a lot of Jazz, Classical and other largely instrumental music. I don't view any music without lyrics as intelligent (although it may be skillful or nice to listen to or whatever).

I don't think I can really comment on how much is deeply emotional, as that seems fairly meaningless. If someone cries everytime they hear say, YMCA, does that make it a deeply emotional song? Does it matter?

And I don't really put much stock in originality being worth anything. If someone brought out a cover version of Nevermind that sounded almost exactly (but slightly better) than the original, I'd still say it was a great album.

Last edited by Dante Hicks; 8 Aug 2005 at 20:20.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 20:19   #8
paolo
Kwaak

paolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to all

N*E*R*D

Most of their songs have meaningfull lyrics, although you might want to call their music Pop...
paolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 20:22   #9
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

whilst dance music IS meaningless (apart from random "i love you so muuuuch" lyrics that they just put on because the voice is good and the sentiments touch a chord with the listeners) it can certainly touch the listener very very deeply, provided they are in the right frame of mind

It does sound cheesy, but the music and you do "become one" to a certain extent. of course i cant possibly explain it except to people who have been in the same situation, but there is certainly a deep and meaningful link there.
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 20:23   #10
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
I have been thinking. And sucking huge boobies.*

*Don't really want to be reminded of this.
I know you don't want to be reminded, but you said it so...

what?
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 20:28   #11
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
it can certainly touch the listener very very deeply, provided they are in the right frame of mind
This could be said about almost anything though.

That's why I have a problem* with those art exhibitions where you look at blank white canvases or something. Some people say "Woah it made me think of the futility of existence and how my grandad died when I was a child and I cried for hours and hours " but that seems to be meaning you're assigning to the piece rather than drawing a natural conclusion from what's on display.

* = when I say "a problem" I mean I can't see the point of them, not that their creators should be gunned down after they've been made to watch the slow painful murder of their families.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 20:30   #12
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
This could be said about almost anything though.
well yes, but i generally find the connection in this case to be far deeper and stronger than most others. The exceptions would be a great gig or something, but its generally far easier to love dance music than anything else, if, as i said, you are in the right frame of mind
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 20:31   #13
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berzerker
- Queen - Summer of '69
you mean Bryan Adams? /
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 20:44   #14
berzerker
Professional AlcoFrolic

berzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
you mean Bryan Adams? /
Bryan Adams =Toolio. No.
Queen - '39. Yes.
Couldnt remember it, my bad.
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 21:01   #15
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

godspeed you! black emperor
explosions in the sky
a silver mt zion
ash ra tempel
stars as eyes
cul de sac

are all bands that make music i would say is beautiful and doesn't make me want to dance
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 21:38   #16
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Sometimes, for me, the music is meaningful because the lyrics are meaningful (a number of Paul Simon songs). Sometimes, for me, the music is meaningful because it makes me feel a certain way (when I was young there were a number of instrumental records which made me feel cool just because I was listening to them, Dave Brubeck, Ramsey Lewis, Booker T and the MG's). Sometimes, for me, the record is meaningful because it makes me remember things from another time (Twelfth of Never, Islands in the Stream). Whether or not any of the meanings which I attach to any of the records is that which the artist intended is neither here nor there for me.

What I wonder about contemporary hip hop, etc. records (I have trouble believing they are music, a generational problem that many of you will share in 20-30 years) is whether people, when they reach my age will still be humming/singing/remembering them. My parents thought no one would remember rock and roll songs for very long and in many cases they were right but in many cases they were wrong. It will probably work out the same for me.
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 22:13   #17
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

funeral played a whole, or performed live. that's the biggy.

otherwise, it's pretty much mood-dependent.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 01:02   #18
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embroglio
godspeed you! black emperor

FTW!
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 02:50   #19
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

Swing yer partner round and round!
Put her in the toilet and flush her down!
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 04:21   #20
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queball
Swing yer partner round and round!
Put her in the toilet and flush her down!
Johnny Cash had a song you might like then. It was called "Flushed from the Bathroom of Your Heart."
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 04:49   #21
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It depends what you mean by 'beautiful' and 'profound'. I can listen to and enjoy music as being far more than something to 'just listen or dance to', without wanting to classify it as being deeply movingl, which is a phrase I'd restrict to a fairly small number of pieces (like Rachmaninov 2nd piano concerto, Belle and Sebastian's "Chickfactor" and "Sleep the Clock Around", and Delerium - Silence)

I wouldnt even describe some of my favourite songs as being 'beautiful' and 'profound', although I enjoy them very much. Eriatarka isnt particularly beautiful, but its still the best song ever made.

edit: There are also a lot of songs I'd say are beautiful without even saying they are particularly 'great'. Most of Sarah Brighman's stuff is undeniable beautiful and I like it but I'd still prefer to listen to less 'beautiful' songs on most occasions. The word 'beautiful' is horribly vague - are we talking about something 'in' the song (like a beautiful voice, music you can shut your eyes to and travel, etc), or something that 'moves' you, no matter what it sounds like? I dont think I'd ever accept that a heavy rock/metal song could be beautiful, although it could surely be both profound and moving - its just the wrong word to use. "Beauty" seems to suggest something more delicate and ethereal, and it isnt a synonym for 'good'.

Last edited by Nodrog; 9 Aug 2005 at 05:06.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 04:56   #22
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Black Eyed Peas - Gone Going

Yes I know, but I enjoy this tune for some odd reason...perhaps its the funky tune combined with decent lyrics.

Nine Inch Nails - Hurt
Nirvana - Been a Son
Nirvana - Come as you Are
Pearl Jam - Alive

etc etc, all fantastic songs in their own special way

Edit: almost forgot : Pearl Jam - I am Mine

Sample: I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the inbetween is mine.

I dont know.. sorta inspiring really
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 14:38   #23
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
Pearl Jam - Alive
I've not heard many Pearl Jam songs but this and Yellow Ledbetter are my favourites
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 17:08   #24
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Most (particularly) slow Pearl Jam songs seem to touch me even if I'm not listening to the lyrics. This may be because I'm a faggot, but the music seems to be very moving.

Oh yeah and when something happens on film/tv show that is touching, and then some fitting music comes on, I nearly cry.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 17:34   #25
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about

Most of the music I listen to, I'm fairly picky of what I listen to Here are some in particular:

Peccatum (damn, most original music I've heard)
Emperor ('I hate my flesh I swear, it's dimension poisened my soul with doubt, it made me quesetion the essence of the 'I'' And no, it's not some christian band, almost vehemontly anti )
80's Metallica (first four albums)
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!
Orion Treet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 00:30   #26
onetwothree
4 5 6

onetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
the smashing pumpkins
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Last edited by onetwothree; 10 Aug 2005 at 01:13.
onetwothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 00:47   #27
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

John Adams- on the transmigration of souls