User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 12 Oct 2004, 21:30   #1
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little
Stargate - Atlantis

Is fairly fking decent!

Anyone else watching it, Sky One now?
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 21:32   #2
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Stargate - Atlantis

yes indeed. it's good.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 21:37   #3
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

is that break already over ??
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 21:39   #4
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm told it's good, however some good fellow will have to point me the way to find it on teh intarnet.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 21:40   #5
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

The new stargate is cooler than the last.

As in the device, not the series :/
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 21:40   #6
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

What 8pm said.
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 21:42   #7
skiddy
wild one

suprnova?
torrentreactor?
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 21:44   #8
skiddy
wild one

OMG STAR WARS REFERENCE IN STARGATE!

All this programme needs to do now is give me oral sex and I'll love it forever.
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 21:48   #9
Sunday8pm
Banned

Lucas Star Wars

or

Bush Star Wars?
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 21:55   #10
skiddy
wild one

Lucas.
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 22:04   #11
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy
OMG STAR WARS REFERENCE IN STARGATE!

All this programme needs to do now is give me oral sex and I'll love it forever.
Teal'c has seen Star Wars 9 times. It's his favourite movie.
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 22:08   #12
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

He brought pizza. And wore a fetching cowboy hat.
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 22:08   #13
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

Deathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura about

i've being watching it via bit torrent pto episode 4 quite good

One load of gollums is enough for anyone.Ta
DM.
Deathjam|wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 22:09   #14
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
indeed, what's scary is his out of acting character.....

Btw, the Oral Sex for me was the groundhog day style episode.

"IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BACKSWING?!"
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 22:10   #15
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
He brought pizza. And wore a fetching cowboy hat.
it's my favourite sequence in stargate ever
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 22:14   #16
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Tbh the 'out of base' episodes where they have to fit in with the rest of society remind me of holodeck epsiodes in star trek, except ten million times better.

I enjoyed the time jump one where they had to dress up as hippies.
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 22:20   #17
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Teal'c in a huge cowboy hat is great in the way that spock with the headband in voyage home was. and also many other ways.
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 22:24   #18
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

ITT Sunday tries to join in on the conversation about a specific episode everyone else is watching but he cannot. :poorSunday:
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 22:26   #19
skiddy
wild one

ITT Stew opens himself up for Sunday's mighty onslaught, saying as he and Phang are discussing older episodes now.
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 22:26   #20
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
ITT Sunday tries to join in on the conversation about a specific episode everyone else is watching but he cannot. oorSunday:
ITT Stew misses teh direction this discussion has taken and tries a poorly veiled attack at a user

If you hadn't noticed we are now disucssing OLD SG...
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 22:35   #21
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Atlantis isn't very good.

It reminds me of Voyager (no character depth, female lead, far from home, mixed with non-crew, etc) and that's not a good sign. In some ways, it's worse.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 22:45   #22
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

/o\

*Stays out of this and all other SG threads*
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 23:01   #23
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Atlantis isn't very good.

It reminds me of Voyager (no character depth, female lead, far from home, mixed with non-crew, etc) and that's not a good sign. In some ways, it's worse.
they got a city full of new technology, a new enemy and are far away from earth, which means they could start all over again.
for a first season i think it did start quite well.
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 23:12   #24
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
they got a city full of new technology, a new enemy and are far away from earth,
The bad guys aren't that bad, although they're the usual "We're really evil for no real reason" vampires of the week sort of thing. Also I like how the other civilisations they come into contact with have developed their own way of dealing with them.

My problem isn't with the set-up as such, it's the humans. The main characters :

1. The Captain Woman (OK, she isn't captain, but may as well be)
Completely devoid of any charisma what-so-ever. Very Janeway-esque, sort of a liberal leader having to take tough decisions. No depth to her character, she just is there to be liberal and boring and state the obvious. Despite being an expert negotiator she rarely actually does anything.

2. The Military Bloke
Reminds me a bit of Riker/Kirk. He's OK though. Poor actor, and in a rather generic Kirk-esque roll (screws the ladies, is hard, etc, etc). Again, nothing special about the guy at all.

3. The Leader of the "Natives" which live with them.
Reminds me of Chakotay from Voyager. Gives crappy homespun wisdom at every vantage point. I keep expect her to say "My people have a saying" or something equally horribly clichéd. Being set up for romantic stuff with military bloke I presume, with no chemistry in place between the two.

4. The black pilot guy.
Zero impact on the show. A bit like Merryweather from Enterprise. Rubbish actor, zero decent lines. Overall pointless.

5. The Canadian Scientist Guy
He's actually not bad. He's a bit unpleasant / arrogant which is mildly interesting. A bit like the EMH Dr in Voyager. He's also one of the few characters with a brain (not counting the Czech scientist guy too, but he's a minor player atm)

6. The Scottish Doctor
Bit dull, bit pointless.

Is that it? Basically the characters are far too weak. It might get better as time goes on, and I have enjoyed some of the episodes, but I don't hold out much hope.
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 23:46   #25
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

So the other group ends up living with them? Thanks for ruining the episode for me guys
Unread 13 Oct 2004, 00:12   #26
wu_trax

give it a chance. name one show that got it all right from the start. sure, compared to teal'c and mc gyver they all suck, but give it some time. it cant become any worse than 'lets-do-yet-another-freaking-timetravel-that-makes-no-sence-whatsoever'-enterprise (ok, the first episode was better than expected, but still, it becomes kind of boring)
Unread 13 Oct 2004, 04:55   #27
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

I rather like it, those Wraith are ****ing evil. Goa'uld are nasty as well but the Wraith give me creepys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
4. The black pilot guy.
Zero impact on the show. A bit like Merryweather from Enterprise. Rubbish actor, zero decent lines. Overall pointless.
Actually I wouldn't be surprised seeing as he was picked after submitting an audition via the internet.

Quote:
6. The Scottish Doctor
Bit dull, bit pointless.
I was rather expecting huge support for this character from this board seeing as he speaks just like everyone else I've ever spoken to from these boards.

Myself though find that sort of accent ****ing irritating.
Unread 13 Oct 2004, 09:51   #28
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
The one with the time loop where Jack and Teal'c figure out that they don't 'have' to try and fix it right away and can have some fun must be up there, surely.
Unread 13 Oct 2004, 13:25   #29
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough

Quote:
The one with the time loop where Jack and Teal'c figure out that they don't 'have' to try and fix it right away and can have some fun must be up there, surely.
Daniel Jackson pointed out that they can do things without having to think about the consequences since it all goes back to that one particular point.

After that was pointed out those two had their fun lol, esp funny was that Teal'c kept getting bashed by the door
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2004, 17:49   #30
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

DAMN BITTORRENT.. DAMN IT!!! I want the last SG episode of season 4 so I can commence with season 5!
Is there a reason to finish watching the old SG before watching Atlantis?
Unread 13 Oct 2004, 17:53   #31
wu_trax

no, not really. they are not related.
Unread 13 Oct 2004, 18:01   #32
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Stargate - Atlantis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
DAMN BITTORRENT.. DAMN IT!!!
Damn it, damn it all to hell.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2004, 19:21   #33
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
jesus. i had this conversation at school, since which i've been thinking 'i need to point out the groundhog episode and have internet shared memories with pab'.
Four words.

Teal'c. Stargate. Golf. Slacks.
Unread 13 Oct 2004, 21:29   #34
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
indeed, what's scary is his out of acting character.....

Btw, the Oral Sex for me was the groundhog day style episode.

"IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BACKSWING?!"
beaten?
Unread 13 Oct 2004, 22:47   #35
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

the scottish doctor comes in to his role in future episodes
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 04:50   #36
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
DAMN BITTORRENT.. DAMN IT!!! I want the last SG episode of season 4 so I can commence with season 5!
Is there a reason to finish watching the old SG before watching Atlantis?
I'd say at least watch season 7 as it explains how they came about atlantis and quite a few other cool stuff as well.

Btw, Groundhog Day style episode is 406 - Window of Opportunity
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 06:06   #37
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
the scottish doctor comes in to his role in future episodes
Not really. He has a couple more episodes focussing on his character but he's still fundamentally shit.
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 09:37   #38
wu_trax

that accent is annoying. i guess ill never go to scotland.
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 10:00   #39
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
that accent is annoying. i guess ill never go to scotland.
Rule #1 on Accents

Scottish Accent: Only true Scots can do Scottish Accents and even then not all of them can, your best non scots scottish accent is Mike Myers and that's as close to Scottish as Jamaican is to Welsh.
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 21:19   #40
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
I just saw that episode... Teal'c with a cowboy hat watching star wars... cool.
BTW, is it just me or is O'Neill getting more cynical every episode?

And episode 1 of Atlantis was OK-ish... I guess it's going to be more starwars style really.
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 22:44   #41
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
Rule #1 on Accents

Scottish Accent: Only true Scots can do Scottish Accents and even then not all of them can, your best non scots scottish accent is Mike Myers and that's as close to Scottish as Jamaican is to Welsh.
The guy playing the scot in atlantis however was born in Paisley which makes him very scottish so I think his accent is pretty authentic. If you think its sounds a little 'off' its no doubt just the contrast with the americain accent which can make any accent seem a bit forced (See any English Charachter in US shows and movies, they always seem fake against americain accents even when they arent)

As for my view on Atlantis, the pilot showed alot of promise but its not yet started to fulfill it yet (been a few moments but nothing consistant). Hopefully when it comes back from it hiatus in the states it will start to fulfil its promisel
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 14:43   #42
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice

There have been 8 episodes so far (it's on hiatus right now) and not one of them has sucked.

That's a very good hit-rate for a new show.
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 17:33   #43
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

bumping one of many old threads on this to inform those who might not know that both Stargate and Atlantis begin new series in the US tonight, which for most of us means a download tomorrow.
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 18:03   #44
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Atlantis starts on terrestrial in the UK tonight on five tonight also. Although its a bit of a strange decision for five to buy it as I dont belive channel4 have shown the previous series of SG1 so the link episode hasnt been seen by anyone without sky or download ability.

I believe they had the same problem in canada where the channel is a series behind on SG1 but showed season 1 of atlantis not long after the US airing
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 18:07   #45
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

Is the new series on in the civilised world (England) yet?
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 18:20   #46
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Well if it starts in the US tonight, it doesn't seem very likely.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 18:33   #47
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

any idea when its going to cross the pond?
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 18:55   #48
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
Is the new series on in the civilised world (England) yet?
Season 2 will start on Sky in around September/October and due to the hiatus it goes on in the states between about nov-feb will see Sky getting the World premier's for the last 6 or so episodes
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 18:58   #49
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

I want Season 2 please now thanks.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 19:12   #50
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Season 2 will start on Sky in around September/October and due to the hiatus it goes on in the states between about nov-feb will see Sky getting the World premier's for the last 6 or so episodes
Didn't that happen with series one as well?