User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 15 Jul 2005, 16:11   #1
paolo
Kwaak

paolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to all
[Football] When Vieira leaves Arsenal

Do you think Henry will be willing to leave too?

Without Vieira there will be a gap in the midfield and team spirit. In my opinion arsenal will not be contenders to win the league so some player might think of leaving

Also I was surprised by the relative easy way Juventus signed him. No real struggle from Arsenal...
paolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 16:14   #2
berzerker
Professional AlcoFrolic

berzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura about
Re: [Football] When Vieira leaves Arsenal

They wont win the league anyway, my money is on liverpool now that they have got their attackers sorted out.
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 16:15   #3
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

He is confirmed as sold.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 16:23   #4
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berzerker
They wont win the league anyway, my money is on liverpool now that they have got their attackers sorted out.
I don't mean to harsh here but you are ****ing delusional. Liverpool won't do shit, best they will finish is third and that's if Arsenal totally implode and lose all their best players.

Benitez is a good manager and has made some decent signings so far but they finished 5th last season. Even if they had finished 4th they would have been a good way off third which was even further away from first.

Yes, Liverpool did win the European Cup which is what I'm assuming you are basing your assessment that they can win the league on. they played in a Europeanstyle and did well in Europe but in the league they were woefully average.

Man U will do better this season if their strikers (Van the Man in particular) remain fit but I think all serious money should go on Chelseato retain their title. they have taken a side which did outstandingly well last season and built upon it, reenforcing their weak spots. they have a new left back, are looking for Eissen for midfield which would make our midfield complete, we've got Crespo back and could still potentially sign another striker. Last season they only lost 1 game in the league and smashed god knows how many records, to write them off to Liverpool is laughable
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 16:25   #5
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Arsenal will be fine. Gilberto + other will keep the midfield ticking along just fine, and Hleb looks damn good.

Henry won't leave immediatly, but failure this season probably would make him question things a little. But he loves life in London, seems very content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paolo
Also I was surprised by the relative easy way Juventus signed him. No real struggle from Arsenal...
This was because it was the right time to let him go, as most Arsenal fans have agreed. He's been below his best for the last couple of seasons, and this was the last time (he's 29) that we could get decent money for him.

Wenger successfully replaced Anelka, Overmars, Petit, Adams, all with great players. I believe.
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 16:34   #6
PSH
Registered Abuser

PSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet society

I don't think we will miss him that much, at the beginning of last season when it was Gilberto and Fabregas starting due to Vieira's injury we were unbeaten and the team were free scoring and it only started going pear shaped when Gilberto got injured (note our form when he returned towards the end of the season).

The main thing that bothers me in this transfer is the fee, £13.7m seems like a bit of a bargain and it is in staggered payments. Wenger must have his reasons for cashing in, fitness concerns or maybe he is fed up of the annual Vieira to /insert big club here/ sagas, only Wenger knows for sure. The way I'm looking at it is he gave us 9 great years of service and we still made £5m profit from the sell on.

Quote:
I seriously doubt Liverpool will break into the top 3 next season and it's hard to see past Chelsea for the title.
PSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 16:38   #7
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSH
I don't think we will miss him that much, at the beginning of last season when it was Gilberto and Fabregas starting due to Vieira's injury we were unbeaten and the team were free scoring and it only started going pear shaped when Gilberto got injured (note our form when he returned towards the end of the season).
Losing to Man U was also a big blow. Losing our 50th game to your arch rivals is bound to hurt, plus the team lost that psychological sense of being unbeatable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSH
The main thing that bothers me in this transfer is the fee, £13.7m seems like a bit of a bargain and it is in staggered payments. Wenger must have his reasons for cashing in, fitness concerns or maybe he is fed up of the annual Vieira to /insert big club here/ sagas, only Wenger knows for sure. The way I'm looking at it is he gave us 9 great years of service and we still made £5m profit from the sell on.
He's getting on now and he's not really been producing the goods as well as he has in the past. I think he would have been better off going to Real Madrid(?) at the beginning of last season.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 16:41   #8
berzerker
Professional AlcoFrolic

berzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
I don't mean to harsh here but you are ****ing delusional. Liverpool won't do shit, best they will finish is third and that's if Arsenal totally implode and lose all their best players.

Benitez is a good manager and has made some decent signings so far but they finished 5th last season. Even if they had finished 4th they would have been a good way off third which was even further away from first.

Yes, Liverpool did win the European Cup which is what I'm assuming you are basing your assessment that they can win the league on. they played in a Europeanstyle and did well in Europe but in the league they were woefully average.

Man U will do better this season if their strikers (Van the Man in particular) remain fit but I think all serious money should go on Chelseato retain their title. they have taken a side which did outstandingly well last season and built upon it, reenforcing their weak spots. they have a new left back, are looking for Eissen for midfield which would make our midfield complete, we've got Crespo back and could still potentially sign another striker. Last season they only lost 1 game in the league and smashed god knows how many records, to write them off to Liverpool is laughable
Im basing my opinions on the fact that last season we had so many injuries, and this season we have no injuries and good signings.

Im not a huge fan of any team inparticular, it was an impartial opinion based on what ive read. Also, im not going to argue about this because im not totally clued-up with the whole thing
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 16:48   #9
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
He's getting on now and he's not really been producing the goods as well as he has in the past. I think he would have been better off going to Real Madrid(?) at the beginning of last season.
Not really.

We now have Gilberto, Fabregas, Flamini and Hleb, all who can play consistently in the centre of midfield. Fabregas and Flamini wouldn't have been ready at the beginning of last season, whereas they're ready now. We also have Pires/Ljungberg/Reyes/Van Persie for the wings. Viera stabilised the midfield while we prepared for his replacements (of course, this is in hindsight).

At the moment I'm hoping on Baptista. I think we will get him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latest BBC story
Arsenal have had a new bid of £13.75m for Sevilla's Julio Baptista turned down, according to the Spanish club.
Sevilla say the Gunners have previously had three verbal offers rejected for the 23-year-old striker, although Arsenal have made no official comment.

Now though they have offered 20m euros - exactly the amount Juventus have agreed to pay them for Patrick Vieira.

But Sevilla president Jose Maria del Nido said: "We haven't reached an agreement with Arsenal."

Del Nido said the new offer was 20m euros and admitted that was "much higher" than Arsenal's previous bids.

But he added: "The figures are still not close to what we are asking for.

"We are in no hurry. The player is under contract and if we don't agree a deal, then he will play at Sevilla next season."

Baptista, a Brazil international, wants to stay in Spain for one more year so he can qualify for new nationality and gain a European passport, which would mean he could play anywhere on the continent.

That means Arsenal are at a disadvantage compared to Real Madrid or Barcelona, who Baptista could play for and remain a Spanish resident.

However, Del Nido said neither Barca nor Real had made an offer.

That contradicts what his agent, Herminio Menendez, said last week.

"We have had dealings with Barca over Baptista," Menendez told COM Radio in Spain.

"He has a contract with Sevilla at the moment but the new one they are offering is not satisfactory for us."

Baptista joined Sevilla from Sao Paulo in July 2003 for $2.8m, and signed a five-year contract.

Coach Joaquin Caparros converted him at that time from a midfielder into a forward so it is possible Gunners boss Arsene Wenger sees him as a replacement for Vieira.

Nicknamed "La Bestia" (the Beast) for his rampaging runs, he was Sevilla's leading scorer in his first season with 20 league goals from 30 appearances, and hit another 18 last term.

Baptista was part of the Brazil squad that won the Confederations Cup last month and has not begun pre-season training as he remains on holiday.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...al/4655995.stm
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 16:50   #10
arbondigo

arbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by berzerker
Also, im not going to argue about this because im not totally clued-up with the whole thing
I think that was worked out when you said that you fancied Liverpool for the title. As much as i dislike Chelsea, i can't see anyone stopping them over the course of a season.
arbondigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 17:34   #11
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Jenas for £20m will be the worst signing I'll ever see, if it happens.

£3m max, and that would be pushing it.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 17:45   #12
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Re: Arsenal's midfield, they need another player, at least. They had horrific midfield problems last season, and they've now got one fewer player.

Quote:
He's getting on now
He's TWENTY NINE. Furthermore, would Juve really have given him a 5 year contract if they thought he was past it?

Last edited by MrL_JaKiri; 15 Jul 2005 at 20:24.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 17:48   #13
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Re: Arsenal's midfield, they need another player, at least. They had horrific midfield problems last season, and they've now got one fewer player.

He's TWENTY NINE. Furthermore, would AC Milan really have given him a 5 year contract if they thought he was past it?
They actually have two fewer players, if counting Edu.

(It's Juventus by the way)
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 17:48   #14
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Personally Im fed up with Viera, after last summers Real Madrid-story.
He's loosing the ball to often now, he is to often injured and he is starting to get old. On top of that, he earned quite a lot in wages. Hleb might not be in defensive anchor we need, but that should not be a problem as long as Gilberto stays fit. Hleb is a player I expect alot from this season. However, the midfield needs another player. One who could play both central and on the wings.

Buying Jenas doesnt make any sense to me. He have not impressed me, but I Wenger knows how to make great players out of "nothing".
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 17:48   #15
All Systems Go

Quote:

He's TWENTY NINE. Furthermore, would AC Milan really have given him a 5 year contract if they thought he was past it?
though he was a little bit older than that.

He didn't sign for AC Milan.....
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 17:50   #16
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
Buying Jenas doesnt make any sense to me. He have not impressed me, but I Wenger knows how to make great players out of "nothing".
*COUGH*Francis Jeffers*COUGH*
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 18:37   #17
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Excellent business from Arsene Wenger. If he was thirty, you wouldnt have seen £7 million for him. Whether the arsenal fans like it or not, you got a hell of a deal. (Also, nice to see a British team make a foreign team pay over the odds for once)

However, i really really want arsenal to buy Jermaine Jenas. Hes pretty ****ing shit. The only downside to it is that Newcastle might get good again without that waste of space.

Chelski / Liverpool / Man Utd / Arsenal next season. Man Utd havent signed well, or signed enough.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 19:14   #18
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

Gerrard to have an abysmal season, and leave.
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 19:14   #19
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
The only downside to it is that Newcastle might get good again without that waste of space.
Dont worry Souness wont let that happen .
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 19:36   #20
Viceroy
Toon Forever

Viceroy has a spectacular aura aboutViceroy has a spectacular aura aboutViceroy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
It will be a total robbery if Newcastle get 10 million+ for Jenas, Wenger is kidding himself if he thinks he is the player to replace Viera. He isn't near combative enough and has zero physical precence. Lee Bowyer would do Viera's role better maybe they should go for him......

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Yep Souness is on course to hand toon fans another spectacular season where the highlights are actually the interteam boxing bouts, not the matches !

===Legend===

"One minute I'm waiting for Kate to arrive to join me in the Jacuzzi for a romantic evening. The next thing I can remember is doing cold turkey in a vomit-filled cell"
- Pete Doherty
<<<Not Legend>>>
Viceroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 19:43   #21
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Souness will be gone by mid-September probably.
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 19:51   #22
Viceroy
Toon Forever

Viceroy has a spectacular aura aboutViceroy has a spectacular aura aboutViceroy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
Souness will be gone by mid-September probably.

I'm not 100% convinced by him ( to put it mildly), but too be fair I think he needs a full season to prove himself. Looking at last season, it was a farce from the beggining with Robson, and letting him go early in the season is what messed us up. He should have been sacked at the start of the season then a new manager could have came in and shaped the team to what he wants. This season I think he should be given time and if by christmas it isn't working, then send him to the scrapheap.

===Legend===

"One minute I'm waiting for Kate to arrive to join me in the Jacuzzi for a romantic evening. The next thing I can remember is doing cold turkey in a vomit-filled cell"
- Pete Doherty
<<<Not Legend>>>
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 19:55   #23
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viceroy
I'm not 100% convinced by him ( to put it mildly), but too be fair I think he needs a full season to prove himself. Looking at last season, it was a farce from the beggining with Robson, and letting him go early in the season is what messed us up. He should have been sacked at the start of the season then a new manager could have came in and shaped the team to what he wants. This season I think he should be given time and if by christmas it isn't working, then send him to the scrapheap.
there was a way to rate managers by using a number of different factors, I forget what it was called but they compared Robson and Souness shortly after Souness went to Newcaste. According to the results Robson was doing quite well and Souness should have been fired at Blackburn 3 years ago.
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 20:11   #24
Viceroy
Toon Forever

Quote:
there was a way to rate managers by using a number of different factors, I forget what it was called but they compared Robson and Souness shortly after Souness went to Newcaste. According to the results Robson was doing quite well and Souness should have been fired at Blackburn 3 years ago.
There's no doubt Robson did an incredible job for us, practically saving us from relegation single handed when he first joined, but I honestly think he lost the plot in the latter days. He just seemed to think he was right all the time, and some of his decisions were very confusing (playing bowyer on the wing just one ) . He should have stepped down gracefully, but was stubborn and proved that noone can forever live on a reputation. I believe that he would have took us down last season.

===Legend===

- Pete Doherty
<<<Not Legend>>>
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 20:25   #25
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
They actually have two fewer players, if counting Edu.
They've signed Hleb.

Quote:
He didn't sign for AC Milan.....
He signed for AC Milan in my FM game. I get confuzzed.
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 20:30   #26
All Systems Go

Quote:
He signed for AC Milan in my FM game. I get confuzzed.
Losing grip on reality? :eek:
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 20:31   #27
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

Quote:
They've signed Hleb.
Of course, silly me.
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 20:37   #28
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I personally find sale of Viera suprising. With 28 being considered the peak age for a player hes far from being past it and he has a quality about him that makes him more than an excellent player, a quality that not many players have but which every good team needs for success. Now while the backups may be very good players they are not any more than adequate replacements at best, some of the younger players might do so in a few seasons but certainly arent now. And buying a player with this quality is hard, Man Utd have been trying for a while to find such a player because Keane doesnt have that many seasons left in him but while the signings may be players with potential they have never shown the presence needed and this is going to be the problem Arsenal will have, especially as most teams are also looking for such a player
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 20:56   #29
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

makes baby jesus sad
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 21:36   #30
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Souness should have been fired at Blackburn 3 years ago.
He should have gone 18 months before he went, definitely not 3 years before he went.
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 23:09   #31
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Reidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
beat me to it

it will be interesting to c how emre and lee bowyer get on too...

Blind Faith - FTM
Reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2005, 14:16   #32
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Does this mean they'll be going all out for Shaun Wright Phillips now?
I want him to stay. Bollocks.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2005, 15:07   #33
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeks
Does this mean they'll be going all out for Shaun Wright Phillips now?
I want him to stay. Bollocks.
Chelsea are bidding for SWP, so he's probably off.
Unread 16 Jul 2005, 15:35   #34
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Apparently he doesn't really want to leave which means unless Chelsea offer £25 million and our board of directors go mmm moonnneey I think there's a good chance he'll stay.

However, as he is a big Arsenal supporter I think Arsenal have got a better chance should they want to spend £25 million.
Unread 16 Jul 2005, 16:58   #35
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yeah, newsflash. He's just asked permission to speak to Chelsea. So you wont get over £20 million now Roman has the power.

Its slightly amusing every day Mourinho says "i dont want any new players" yet theyre bidding right left and centre

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2005, 17:14   #36
Weeks
Banned

Great it looks like he's all but gone: Phillips wants to sort out an "agreement." He left our last match early as he was "not feeling well." He's a good bloke anyway, I wish him well, even though he will be playing for the Darkside™.

I hope his brother is as a good as he is, else Stuart Pearce will have to pull a miracle out of his arse in time for next season.
Unread 17 Jul 2005, 16:13   #37
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Its slightly amusing every day Mourinho says "i dont want any new players" yet theyre bidding right left and centre
I haven't seen him say that. The only quotes I've seen have said "Defender, Midfielder, Attacker". They've got a defender, and they're not bidding on any more. They've been bidding like mad on the latter two groups because they don't have one yet.
Unread 17 Jul 2005, 16:18   #38
All Systems Go

technically they've signed Diarra, but I think he's for the future. But Wright-Phillips will be along soon, although god knows where he is going to play espcially if we sign Eissen as well.

Edit: he said not too long ago that he wanted some more playes but wasn't bothered if he got any or not. When he says stop then no moe players will join, but he's not said stop yet.

there's a link on www.skysports.com but I can't be bothered looking for it.
Unread 17 Jul 2005, 16:38   #39
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Eissen
he is called Essien!

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2005, 16:48   #40
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Yeah, newsflash. He's just asked permission to speak to Chelsea. So you wont get over £20 million now Roman has the power.
giggle
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 17 Jul 2005, 17:19   #41
All Systems Go

Just out of curiosity who neg repped me with 'and you call yourself a chelsea fan...' ? Not that I really care it's just that comment made me smile as today I've been mostly reading 'Ruud Gullit: Portrait of a Genius', a book about his time at Chelsea.
Unread 17 Jul 2005, 18:40   #42
All Systems Go

lol, played

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/...=football_home
Unread 17 Jul 2005, 19:07   #43
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

If we sign Jenas, my days of watching Arsenal are over.

The guy is a talentless ****.