User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 10 Jun 2005, 07:32   #1
Loz
Careless talk costs lives

Loz has a spectacular aura aboutLoz has a spectacular aura aboutLoz has a spectacular aura about
Sin City

I couldn't find a Sin City thread so I thought I'd start one,

How awesome is Sin City? Man, easily the best film I've seen this year.

You lot probably all hate it though.
[19:13] <Keglomaniac> whats wrong with our intel?
[19:13] <bos|takeaway> its a contradiction in terms
Loz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 07:39   #2
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Sin City

There was a Sin City thread but someone would have moaned at you for bumping it anyway...

I thought it was brilliant as I said previously. Definitely my favourite film this year so far, and surpassed all other "comic book" movies (not really a coherent genre) by a massive margin. I had no real complaints about it (well, perhaps the Dwight section could have been slightly briefer).
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 09:47   #3
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

i wasnt that impressed, but maybe that was just the poor quality of the screener i downloaded. ill watch it again in cinema. they delayed it until end of august here, because of star wars i think
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 09:52   #4
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

I'll definitely watch it when it comes out on DVD
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 10:14   #5
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society

I didn't 'get' Sin City.

I found it mildly boring, and while it had a lot of the characterstics of an interesting film, it just lacked something. I have no clue what exactly though.. however it didn't evoke any feelings of empathy whatsoever, so for all practical purposes, I might have just stared at the wall for 1.5 hours instead.
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 10:27   #6
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

But, Jessica Alba's fit!!!
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 10:37   #7
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Jessica Alba is fit, and Marv is the coolest comic book character ever!
djbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 10:58   #8
Hugin
Ministry

Hugin is on a distinguished road

What did happen in the last scene? The crappy UGC banned all sounds for 5 mins only to annoy me.

Got a free ticket for it though, but I cant find any cool movies to see, and it is only valid for one month.. suggestions? I've seen Star Wars and Kingdom of Heaven. This is a link to the ones they got: http://www.ugc.ie/reservation/ChoixResa.jgi?CINEMA=61
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 11:10   #9
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Watch Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

If you've seen it watch Mr and Mrs Smith. I haven't seen it but from the adverts it looks better than anything else there that I've heard of.

Or Downfall, that was OK.
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 11:33   #10
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
Watch Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.
going nex tuesday, god, we are late with everything
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 13:23   #11
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I want Jessica Alba to show me the ropes.
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 13:26   #12
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Am I the only one who doesn't think Jessica Alba is attractive (particularly in Sin City)?

She's way too dark...
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 13:34   #13
wu_trax

Alexis Bledel
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 16:11   #14
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Am I the only one who doesn't think Jessica Alba is attractive (particularly in Sin City)?

She's way too dark...
Knowing you, you're talking about ethnicity. Frankly, (boom boom) the ethincity of the Miller Women is all over the place - tending much more to the black than the white, although of course it's ambigious because of the style of the piece.

I don't think Alba was necessarily the right choice, but she played the part well enough. Brittany Murphy was by far the worst thing in there - the only person that dragged me out of the immersion.

That's one of the problems with Sin City. The other four (to my mind) are:

1. The pacing. It's not paced in the way a good moving picture should be paced, although this doesn't really make much of a difference when it's so enjoyable. However, I still believe that a "good film" should be enjoyable, or at least watchable, if you don't like the subject matter - comedies shouldn't fall apart if you don't like the jokes, horror films should still "work" if you're not scared - and I think Sin City is teetering over this line.

2. The anachronism. There are two "mobile" phones in the film. One is a 20 year old car phone, a brick which isn't even self contained. The other is a modern clamshell. These two phones are meant to be part of a cogent, contigious story. One is seperated from the other by about 3 hours of "real" time. Must try harder.

3. The intermingling of the stories. Completely independent of the pacing problem, the way that the Hartigan story is represented is flawed - there's nothing to suggest that the pre-prison sections of his story aren't in the same time period of the other two, instead of being many years previous. The appearance of Marv in Hartigan's "later" segment is just confusing if you haven't read the comic, and this is fairly obviously just a mistake - they're not trying to pull any such tricks elsewhere.

4. The ordering of the stories, and a loss of ambiguity in Marv's tale. It's fairly obvious that Miller, when writing Sin City (the original tale) meant the name "Rouke" to be utterly meaningless to the reader, which resonates with the disbelief Marv feels at the time - who is this Rouke? How important is he? Maybe he really isn't involved? But in the film you already know at least one Rouke - and that he's a child molestering maniac employing hired goons. There's grounding for the name. Of course it's Rouke - Rouke's an evil bastard (we don't know he's not even the same guy, yet). Similarly, there's the removal of the "maybe Marv is REALLY confused" element - it's touched upon, but not to the same degree as the comic, losing one of the best examples of flawed narration I've seen, and removing one of the reasons I like the original SC serial so much.

The film's still great, of course - how could it be anything but when all my problems are minor niggles at best?

Last edited by MrL_JaKiri; 14 Jun 2005 at 00:48.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 17:16   #15
Dante Hicks
Clerk

As I may have said before : with Hartigan seeing Marv I just wondered why Nancy didn't just ask for Marv's help....

"Yeah, I know this bloke - he's kind of impervious to bullets - could be quite handy???"
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 17:55   #16
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
As I may have said before : with Hartigan seeing Marv I just wondered why Nancy didn't just ask for Marv's help....

"Yeah, I know this bloke - he's kind of impervious to bullets - could be quite handy???"
It's fairly obvious both that Nancy views Hartigan as her knight in shining armour - and more than that. Marv isn't needed because of the former, and is an active hindrance to the realisation of the latter.
Unread 11 Jun 2005, 15:54   #17
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Bruce Willis was angry and good. The movie was moderately superficial but the coolness of most of the characters made up for that.
Unread 11 Jun 2005, 16:06   #18
Nantoz

Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Say hello to Jessica Alba if you meet her i L.A, Jonny.
Better yet, drug her, stuff her inside a crate, and ship her to me.
Nantoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2005, 21:43   #19
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

She's way too dark...
If you mean skin tone, she's mediteranian looking at best, doesn't even approach black!? I don't mind a bit of tan/olive skin, looks good on a girl I reckon.

If you mean in mood/style, that one of the best things about her, I'm all for that whole baddass theme.
Unread 11 Jun 2005, 23:08   #20
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
If you mean skin tone, she's mediteranian looking at best, doesn't even approach black!? I don't mind a bit of tan/olive skin, looks good on a girl I reckon.
I was indeed referring to skin tone. And I'm not really bothered what "category" she fits into, merely she doesn't look very attractive to me. I seem to be alone in this assesment however.
Unread 11 Jun 2005, 23:15   #21
djbass
mmm.. pills

Quote:
I was indeed referring to skin tone. And I'm not really bothered what "category" she fits into, merely she doesn't look very attractive to me. I seem to be alone in this assesment however.
different strokes for different blokes

There's a lot of popular celebs that I just don't seem to find attractive, despite going against popular oppinion. Britney Spears, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Jennifer Garner are all good examples.
Unread 12 Jun 2005, 01:42   #22
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz
You lot probably all hate it though.
Hahahhahaha. <3
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2005, 01:50   #23
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

sin city is easliy the best film of the year so far... the only other thing im looking forward to atm is baman begins, but for slightly different reasons
Unread 12 Jun 2005, 02:22   #24
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You want to have Christian Bale's cock in your arse?!
Unread 12 Jun 2005, 02:23   #25
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

hmmmm it wasnt that good, it was entertaining and did have me on the edge of my seat leaning towards the screen, but then again i was stoned and wondering wtf was going on
Unread 12 Jun 2005, 02:26   #26
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I seem to be alone in this assesment however. :(

Not alone just very, very wrong.
Unread 12 Jun 2005, 10:45   #27
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

isn't she a bit old for you dace?
Unread 12 Jun 2005, 10:58   #28
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
hmmmm it wasnt that good, it was entertaining and did have me on the edge of my seat leaning towards the screen, but then again i was stoned and wondering wtf was going on
"It wasn't that good, but I haven't yet worked out that I was watching Monster In Law by mistake"
Unread 12 Jun 2005, 13:07   #29
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

Well, unfortunatly the release of the movie on Big Screen was delatyed to the end of june so i havent watched yet, and the trailer ( and the fact im huge fan of Frank Miller's work ) made me prefer to wait to see the movie on Big Screen.
I have no doubt based on the comics and directors/author/trailer that this one would be one of the best movies of the year.

About those who are wating for the DVD edition, good news: The DVD will be released with aditional features and more uncut scenes, and with a plus: The movie in fact is a mix for 3 different stories based on Sin City setting, and DVD edition will have a second DVD who will allow you to watch each of this stories separated. about45 minutes for each chapter

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2005, 13:28   #30
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Quote:
different strokes for different blokes

There's a lot of popular celebs that I just don't seem to find attractive, despite going against popular oppinion. Britney Spears, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Jennifer Garner are all good examples.
Sarah Michelle Gellar was fit in season 1 of Buffy. But then she stopped looking like jail bait and was not so fit anymore.
Unread 12 Jun 2005, 13:34   #31
Nantoz

Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Sarah Michelle Gellar was fit in season 1 of Buffy. But then she stopped looking like jail bait and was not so fit anymore.
I have to disagree with you somewhat there; she's still quite fit IMO. But she had bigger tits in season 1, she must have lost a bit of weight during the years. Plus she wore more slutty/cleavagy clothing.
Unread 12 Jun 2005, 13:59   #32
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Yes, the fact that she lost weight is part of the reason why she stopped being fit.
Unread 12 Jun 2005, 14:13   #33
Nantoz

Less fit, I would say.
But I know what you are on about.
Why, oh why do the American actresses feel this need to lose weight all the time? Tits are good things!
Unread 12 Jun 2005, 14:15   #34
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Quoted for truth.
Unread 12 Jun 2005, 14:19   #35
Nantoz

Who is the woman in your avatar by the way, Dante?
Unread 12 Jun 2005, 14:22   #36
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Personally I didn't particularly like it, there was too much emphasis on the pretty CGI and not enough substance. I'm not particularly pinning that on Rodriguez - it may well be down to the source material.
My opinion at the end of the film was that technically it's stunning, but narratively it doesn't gel very well.

And there's absolutely nothing wrong with Jessica Alba.
Unread 12 Jun 2005, 14:27   #37
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantoz
Who is the woman in your avatar by the way, Dante?
Brody Dalle, front-woman for The Distillers.
Unread 12 Jun 2005, 14:36   #38
Nantoz

Quote:
Brody Dalle, front-woman for The Distillers.
Aha. She looked familiar, but I haven't listened much to punk for the last year or so.
Unread 12 Jun 2005, 14:45   #39
djbass
mmm.. pills

Quote:
Not to mention she has the worlds second worse looking nose, only beaten by Michael Jackson.... but then that just might be me.
Unread 12 Jun 2005, 15:01   #40
Nantoz

Quote:
Not to mention she has the worlds second worse looking nose, only beaten by Michael Jackson.... but then that just might be me.
Her nose is...peculiar, but not really ugly. Look at Owen Wilson for Bob's sake, or Prince Charles!
Unread 12 Jun 2005, 19:58   #41
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Best film in a long while.

<-----------------

Nuff said.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2005, 22:01   #42
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
"It wasn't that good, but I haven't yet worked out that I was watching Monster In Law by mistake"
im sure i would be a better person for realising this
Unread 27 Jun 2005, 17:30   #43
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question Re: Sin City

Is your brother hot too?
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2005, 20:34   #44
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
I asked my brother about it today, and evidently it was bought from a shady street vendor in Vietnam ...
Why in the hell would anyone with access to a computer do that?
Unread 27 Jun 2005, 20:41   #45
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Who said this guy had access to high speed internet, let alone low speed internet, let alone a computer?
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2005, 20:46   #46
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question Re: Sin City

Quote:
Because they were tremendously stupid?
Unread 27 Jun 2005, 23:49   #47
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Because not everyone knows about BitTorrent?
Because people hear about others being sued and don't want to risk it?
Because people don't know where to look?
Because people can't be arse to wait fot eh film to download?
Because people are out there, see the £1 price tag and think what the ****?
Because not everyone thinks like you?
Because not everyone is shortsighted to think that everyone is alike?
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2005, 23:58   #48
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Exclamation Re: Sin City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
Because not everyone knows about BitTorrent?
Because people hear about others being sued and don't want to risk it?
Because people don't know where to look?
Because people can't be arse to wait fot eh film to download?
Because people are out there, see the £1 price tag and think what the ****?
Because not everyone thinks like you?
Because not everyone is shortsighted to think that everyone is alike?
Oh, come on. You'd have to have a brain the size of a walnut to actually buy a pirate DVD from a Vietnamese street on the understanding that it would actually work. It's just ****ing common sense.
Unread 28 Jun 2005, 08:00   #49
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Thus we all learn a valuable lesson about the flaws of pircay, and I will have to watch Sin City some other time
I think you learnt a completely different valuable lesson

Last edited by Dante Hicks; 28 Jun 2005 at 23:07.
Unread 28 Jun 2005, 22:54   #50
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Oh, come on. You'd have to have a brain the size of a walnut to actually buy a pirate DVD from a Vietnamese street on the understanding that it would actually work. It's just ****ing common sense.
Buy it from a Chinese and it will work.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote